TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to add a new name to this discussion, Catherine Ford. Her timeline, height and the only photo available (which is very odd) is a very close match in my opinion. Info obtained on Jane Doe Network web site.

Adding to my above comment and theory: I think since Catherine was running from someone in law enforcement she would have been desperate to change her identity. I realize someone was charged and conficted of her murder, but no body was located and the man still claims he is innocent. Factually, within 2 months this woman had cleansed her previous identity regardless of who she was so it is very hard to nail down with certainty. Very intriguing case though.

Linda9681 had posted back on 03/29/16 the possibility she was pregnant. I think either Linda or someone else mentioned her faced looked chubby in the Idaho picture, but not in the Texas ID. I'd like to take that one step further. In California, you have to notify the "other" parent before the adoption process can take place. I was wondering if maybe FLEK was trying to track down the "other" parent? The wrong AZ address and the custody lawyer in Texas might fit. I also wonder if she might have given up a child for adoption as well?

Anywhere in all the threads, is there a basic summary of what is known about FLEK? You guys are discussing lawyers and others who have involvement with FLEK, but claim to not know her original identity. This is all new and exciting info, but due to time constraints, I am not able to sift through all the threads to find what has been discovered over the years. If anyone could hook me up with a recap of what's been found out, that'd be awesome. Thank you.

Besides the two links ClaireNC provided, the other bits & pieces worth looking at:
* The FOIA request for Velling's records. This will provide info on, amongst other things, the first month of his investigation (There's a link in the "Timeline & Media" thread.)
* LEK had a speeding ticket in 1994 (I summarized the details in post #322 in the "General Discussion & Theories# 3" thread -- responses to that post explain the details & are worth reading)
* She also declared bankruptcy just before graduating college, which provides a few more hints about her life (I summarized the details in post #293 in the "General Discussion & Theories# 3" thread)

(No, I didn't discover those. Others discussed them years ago in the forum, & I did a bit of Googling to find the details to see if they revealed any more details.)

There are the posts Spring/Summer1988 made, which you might want to look at just to know what people are talking about when that poster is mentioned. Some think SS1988 may be an actual friend of LEK from that year, some think he/she is just a troll; best to make up your own opinion about them. But those posts do get mentioned from time to time, so they're worth reading if for that.

Except for a few more bits & pieces, that contains all the facts we have about this case. It's maybe an hour's reading. I suspect even if we had all of Velling's reports & notes it wouldn't add much more. As for the various theories, well, reading those could occupy days of your time -- & that's just for the ones posted to Websleuths. There's an archived discussion forum about this case at the Seattle Times (IMHO anything worth reading there has been copied over here), as well as a few discussion threads at reddit; unless you're planning on writing a book on this case, no need to read those.

Wow......they're still married!

I am with you. My mind is blow. She is so young, there's no way on earth she's ready to be a wife. Heck there are many days I question my ability to be a good wife and I am wayyyyy older than her [emoji854]!!

Hello everyone. I've been catching up through Threads 3 and 4, waiting to get to the end to post this. At some point back in Thread 3 or Thread 4, someone posted a link to a big article on (F)LEK in Portuguese. I did not make a copy of the link for some stupid reason!

In the article, two pictures were shown side by side: one was a younger photo of FLEK (either the Idaho ID or the one after) on the right, and on the left was a mug shot of another young woman. You could see part of the mugshot placard. The two images were stunningly similar. Like, a twin or a full sibling. That close.

The young woman in the mugshot looked strawberry blonde, while FLEK of course had black hair. I know you can color your hair, but mug-shot girl had gaps between her teeth very similar to the teeth FLEK had towards the end.

I will start combing through the posts until I locate it, but if anyone has the url or link, that would be great!

Thanks,
lgr

Here is the link:

http://noticias.r7.com/hora-7/fotos...segredo-sinistro-pro-tumulo-15022016#!/foto/1

Here is the photo comparison:FLEK_compare.jpg

Look at the noses! Holy smokes, the pictures are very similar! Either they are both FLEK, or they are siblings. Unfortunately, according to Google Translate, the caption only says, "He speculates that "could only have been due to a crime or an abusive family".

Here's another photo comparison from the same article:

FLEK_compare2.jpg

The girl on the left shares a similar chin and eyes to FLEK. I think mug-shot girl is more spot-on, but the other image could be FLEK pre-nosejob.

The caption for the second photo set is no more helpful than the first: Joseph Velling, a specialized investigator on false identities, told the New York Daily News that Lori "seemed to disappear for America" ​​and change identities seemed the best way.

What do you all think? Can anyone read Portuguese? Portuguese is spoken in Brazil, too, so I don't know the origin of this article.

The watermark on the photo of mug-shot girl reads www.mugshots.com or something like it. I'll go over there to see if they have a name to put with the picture.

lgr

Hello everyone. I've been catching up through Threads 3 and 4, waiting to get to the end to post this. At some point back in Thread 3 or Thread 4, someone posted a link to a big article on (F)LEK in Portuguese. I did not make a copy of the link for some stupid reason!

In the article, two pictures were shown side by side: one was a younger photo of FLEK (either the Idaho ID or the one after) on the right, and on the left was a mug shot of another young woman. You could see part of the mugshot placard. The two images were stunningly similar. Like, a twin or a full sibling. That close.

The young woman in the mugshot looked strawberry blonde, while FLEK of course had black hair. I know you can color your hair, but mug-shot girl had gaps between her teeth very similar to the teeth FLEK had towards the end.

I will start combing through the posts until I locate it, but if anyone has the url or link, that would be great!

Thanks,
lgr

That is one of the Lebaron family women. That is her mugshot. She is alive and well. There are literally hundreds of children in that clan. There is an entire thread discussing it :)

Thanks, Linda9681. Since it is not FLEK, they might still be related. The resemblance is uncanny to me. Thank you for saving me from what would have been a looooong search on mugshots.com.

And, except for the nose, the woman in the second photo array looks like a younger version of FLEK.

lgr

I don't see a striking resemblance to the LaBaron mugshot...the eye width/height is completely off, as is the mouth. Maybe if there was more evidence to connect them I'd be more inclined to see a resemblance?

Does anyone else feel like FLEK doesn't look like *any* of the proposed matches/family member theories? Not LaBaron, not Terry Turner, not any of the missing persons? Anyone else banking on an unreported missing person unconnected to a cult or the Turners?

Yes! I don't think she looks like anyone who I've seen so far. She has a really distinctive looks, not many people have those features

I don't see a striking resemblance to the LaBaron mugshot...the eye width/height is completely off, as is the mouth. Maybe if there was more evidence to connect them I'd be more inclined to see a resemblance?

Does anyone else feel like FLEK doesn't look like *any* of the proposed matches/family member theories? Not LaBaron, not Terry Turner, not any of the missing persons? Anyone else banking on an unreported missing person unconnected to a cult or the Turners?

I can see a resemblance to Terry T - in the one blurry photo we have the nose looks the same - but there aren't enough photos to call it. I honestly haven't seen anyone else that I think is her. I reckon it will end up being the "18 year old from Pa" who was never officially reported missing.

Has anyone had direct contact with Abbott or Velling who fancies giving them a nudge to see when this alleged big announcement will be made?

One other thought which may or may not have been covered - could the mother in Texas that SS1988 apparently met have been in on this identity change? Is it possible to find out about other name changes on the dates we have for Lori?

The thing about her pictures that stands out to me is her dark eyes. When you switch them to black and white her eyes are very " deep" for lack of a better word . I have seen few other pics that do that ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing about her pictures that stands out to me is her dark eyes. When you switch them to black and white her eyes are very " deep" for lack of a better word . I have seen few other pics that do that ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try Deborah Lee Tomlinson in black and white

I see a resemblance between Jacqueline Lebaron and FLEK:

FLEK_jlebaron.jpg

They are both very tall, and there is a facial resemblance.

I understand Jacqueline Lebaron is still alive, so she can't be FLEK, but they might have a relative in common. Please bear in mind that I haven't finished the LDS Theories thread, so this resemblance might have been discarded/dismissed over the past 2.5 years or so. :dunno:

Thanks!
lgr

I also see a familial resemblance between FLEK and mug-shot girl! :)

lgr

Here is the link:

http://noticias.r7.com/hora-7/fotos...segredo-sinistro-pro-tumulo-15022016#!/foto/1

Here is the photo comparison:
attachment.php

Look at the noses! Holy smokes, the pictures are very similar! Either they are both FLEK, or they are siblings. Unfortunately, according to Google Translate, the caption only says, "He speculates that "could only have been due to a crime or an abusive family".

Here's another photo comparison from the same article:

attachment.php

The girl on the left shares a similar chin and eyes to FLEK. I think mug-shot girl is more spot-on, but the other image could be FLEK pre-nosejob.

The caption for the second photo set is no more helpful than the first: Joseph Velling, a specialized investigator on false identities, told the New York Daily News that Lori "seemed to disappear for America" ​​and change identities seemed the best way.

What do you all think? Can anyone read Portuguese? Portuguese is spoken in Brazil, too, so I don't know the origin of this article.

The watermark on the photo of mug-shot girl reads www.mugshots.com or something like it. I'll go over there to see if they have a name to put with the picture.

lgr

Her name is Pamala Sue Hobley
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap/missing-persons/@@wanted-group-listing

I also see a familial resemblance between FLEK and mug-shot girl! :)

lgr

Mug shot girl IS Jacqueline Lebaron. Extensive ... And I mean extensive.. Research was done in that area including talking to family members. None recognized FLEK.
There is a resemblance. There is even more in the Chenoweth family who was connected to them by a marriage. It is a dead end. Even if she did come from that family they will never tell you. They are extremely private and don't trust people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx