Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

This is a screen shot from Ancestry. I can't find this address associated on familysearch. Note the street of her 1988 address. Cedar. There is another BST in MO 3 hours away that has a longer address history and associated relatives so this could be that BST. FWIW, Independence, MO is in Jackson County.

This website says RWB lived at the Roeland Park, KS address above from 1989-2001 so this connects them and tells us that this BST married RWB from Missouri (2014 obituary listed above).
http://www.familytreenow.com/records/people/blankenship/randy/jl6_pkw55jnob8pp1w08aq

Still no idea what happened to BST-->BSB though. I found a BST with a different married name and it may be her.

I may have found BSB and now I feel dizzy from the circles I'm running in. According to RWB's obituary he has a son named Justin. I found BSB and JB living in Boise, Idaho!

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K5RY-V8X
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K5RM-KCW

Is this all just coincidence? Her address history for Boise extends to 2001 but I wonder if her son stayed there and her name was just still attached to the address until 2001? Since as mentioned earlier in this thread we can't trust the dates on these public records to be accurate. But after this development I don't know what to think. I'm still trying to find out if there is a real BSB to prove she's not FLEK.

I can't stop following this but I may have reached the end. From the link above there was a BSB and a RBB listed at the address with JB. I found their marriage record from 1980:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VV6L-C17

Plus it looks like their son was born in 1981. https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:239X-57K

So this is most likely just another BSB that happened to have a son Justin and lived in Boise, ID. What is curious to me is her last name on the 1980 marriage record. Didn't we have a Christian name brought up somewhere?

How do we make it go viral? It was covered by the media in 2013 and there has been no real NEW information to come out since then. If we had even a clue of something concrete that had not been previously discovered (like WHERE she originated prior to Texas) we could run with that and try to use the new info to get it in the news again--maybe contact the Seattle Times for a follow up. But so far I think we have just been spinning wheels...I don't know anything about starting a viral campaign but I'll participate/share on social media if someone else knows how to get that to happen.

I think the main problem is that there is no one from the Ruff family pushing for the case to get attention, it was only Velling that brought it to light and now he’s retired. If it wasn’t for him the public wouldn’t have even known about it. I contacted Unsolved Mysteries several months ago about this case and they were very interested in featuring it on their facebook and web pages but they only cover stories with the permission of the family and from what I’ve heard that will never happen so I dropped it. I think getting her pic and info circulated on facebook would’ve been a tremendous help.

I think the main problem is that there is no one from the Ruff family pushing for the case to get attention, it was only Velling that brought it to light and now he’s retired. If it wasn’t for him the public wouldn’t have even known about it. I contacted Unsolved Mysteries several months ago about this case and they were very interested in featuring it on their facebook and web pages but they only cover stories with the permission of the family and from what I’ve heard that will never happen so I dropped it.

It was the Ruffs who brought the information they had on Lori to a congressman to try to figure out who she was - he then turned to Velling.

They also participated in interviews for articles on her.

Everything I've seen indicates that the Ruffs do want to know her identity, and have pursued it publicly (this is why we all know about her after all).

If there is anything directly from them that indicates otherwise I would like to hear about it.

It was the Ruffs who brought the information they had on Lori to a congressman to try to figure out who she was - he then turned to Velling.

They also participated in interviews for articles on her.

Everything I've seen indicates that the Ruffs do want to know her identity, and have pursued it publicly (this is why we all know about her after all).

If there is anything directly from them that indicates otherwise I would like to hear about it.

Yes they hired an investigator to find out who she was but I've never heard of them asking for the public's help in identifying her and according to people who have spoken with Blake's family they do not want to pursue her identity any further nor do they want it in the media. I have followed this case from the first time it was reported about in the Seattle Times and I have NEVER read any article where the family participated in interviews, so I'm not sure what interviews you are referring to.

Yes they hired an investigator to find out who she was but I've never heard of them asking for the public's help in identifying her and according to people who have spoken with Blake's family they do not want to pursue her identity any further nor do they want it in the media. I have followed this case from the first time it was reported about in the Seattle Times and I have NEVER read any article where the family participated in interviews, so I'm not sure what interviews you are referring to.

there was a blurb in the Longview paper, but to me it does come off like they don't want it pub'd too much, if I really wanted to know I would go about it more aggressively, it does appear that they would like it solved but on the "down low"

I can't stop following this but I may have reached the end. From the link above there was a BSB and a RBB listed at the address with JB. I found their marriage record from 1980:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VV6L-C17

Plus it looks like their son was born in 1981. https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:239X-57K

So this is most likely just another BSB that happened to have a son Justin and lived in Boise, ID. What is curious to me is her last name on the 1980 marriage record. Didn't we have a Christian name brought up somewhere?

Is anyone else researching the Blank***** Family? Someone help me make sense of this please. It turns out the son of RWB I mentioned previously WAS born in 1981 after all. I'm not going to post it but I found his marriage record in Texas. His father's obit says he is in Texas, his wife and kid's names are there. He lived in some of the same cities as FLEK (Euless and Bedford) and his wife lived on the same street as FLEK (Harwood Rd) just 6 miles away. I can't figure out if he is the same JB from Idaho...if he is we may be on to something big!

There is a possibility the BST who married RWB was also BSC who married RBB! If you can follow that at all...it looks like she married two men with the same surname almost a decade apart. And had a son from the first marriage in 1981. I need someone to help me find something that disproves this because I think my confirmation bias is getting in the way. I can't find what happened to BST/B and can't find what happened to BSC/B either. It's like they both vanished or have no online presence/records at all. I'm also trying to find the RBB (the first husband she married under the name Christian). Someone throw me a life preserver, please!

I have nothing to add to the actual case. This is fascinating to say the least. I'm impressed by the theories and collaborations. Keep up the great work

Is anyone else researching the Blank***** Family? Someone help me make sense of this please. It turns out the son of RWB I mentioned previously WAS born in 1981 after all. I'm not going to post it but I found his marriage record in Texas. His father's obit says he is in Texas, his wife and kid's names are there. He lived in some of the same cities as FLEK (Euless and Bedford) and his wife lived on the same street as FLEK (Harwood Rd) just 6 miles away. I can't figure out if he is the same JB from Idaho...if he is we may be on to something big!

There is a possibility the BST who married RWB was also BSC who married RBB! If you can follow that at all...it looks like she married two men with the same surname almost a decade apart. And had a son from the first marriage in 1981. I need someone to help me find something that disproves this because I think my confirmation bias is getting in the way. I can't find what happened to BST/B and can't find what happened to BSC/B either. It's like they both vanished or have no online presence/records at all. I'm also trying to find the RBB (the first husband she married under the name Christian). Someone throw me a life preserver, please!

Hang in there. We have all been down a rabbit hole or two trying to find the answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What made you think English is not his first language? I did not pick up on that at all.

I do tend to think if he wanted to troll us he would give some small piece of info that is worthless--like making up that her mother's name was "Mary" or some other wildly common name that would be fruitless to search for. That's what trolls do, IME. His post didn't seem to serve that purpose though. He seemed to be someone who wanted to defend her. I go back and forth on whether I think his story is genuine but my conclusion is the same as yours--nothing he told us can be used reliably to find her identity, IMO.

His English sounded off to my ear. His word choices were odd, & he sounded too formal in his tone. Beyond that, nothing I could really put my finger on -- maybe I'm just projecting my assumptions here.

Maybe. She may have had to use the Idaho ID for her name change request. Does anyone know if it is possible to file an FOIA request and get the FULL name change proceeding documents for us to see? It would detail why she told the court she wanted to change her name.

I think this has been suggested before, & the problem is that the records were purged a long time ago. 90% of all name changes are pretty routine, & there was nothing to suggest this was anything more than a routine name change. As long as LEK could provide a reason she could say with a straight face, & wasn't trying to avoid paying her bills, I doubt anyone raised any eyebrows over her request. The judge might not have even recorded her reason.

Although I'd like to know what it was too.

Gardener, you are bringing up some very valid questions and new perspectives! Thank you for joining us here! :greetings:

With that said, you touched on a very important point~~~she could not obtain a driver's license. Why???? We know that she didn't complete high school, otherwise there would be no reason for her to get a GED. Although, I have read that many "homesteaders" that believe the government is out to get them and their children~~never register for a birth certificate or social security number. I have even read some believe a social security number is the mark of the beast, if you follow Christianity. In any event, if she was a homesteader, there are tractors and other farm equipment to drive, so if she was a homesteader, then she SHOULD have been able to pass a driving exam. Even today, if you are under age 18, you have to take an approved driver's license program in Idaho~~BUT~~~she was 19 according to her birth certificate~~so that wasn't THE issue. So, then what could possibly have prevented her from getting a driver's license???? The only thing I can think of...is that she was under the age of 18. If that is the case, we have been going off of information that may not be accurate. Was she born in the years 1970-1974, perhaps???? Did she look mature for her age???

http://www.itd.idaho.gov/dmv/driverservices/driver_license_facts.html

Now, onto the ID number in the upper left hand corner of the Idaho ID...LOL
The first numbers of a social security number indicate the state in which you were born. So, I was checking to see where 910 is registered to. Guess what~~it doesn't exist. So that is definitely NOT a social security number. I had a ID card in my state when I was younger and not driving and I believe it did contain my social security number. IMHO, I think the number was a bogus number as at the bottom of this article it states:

http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ne/topic/resources/basic/ssn.html

NOTE: INVALID SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS
Three or more leading zeros
Ending in four zeros
Leading number of 9 is suspect, very few ever issued

​Just my 2 cents.

This is all fascinating. So just so I'm clear this is the same BST and RWB from the 1988 Nevada marriage record? And they lived at the Cedar address in Jackson County? And she drops off the radar post 2001 (or earlier maybe)? I am happy to help you on this one. I don't have ancestry access but am good at finding people on social media.

I'm a little confused on the BSC initials...

There was discussion in another thread that back in the 1980's a lot of teens that were in and out of foster care stole ID's or faked ID's to make themselves older in order to buy cigarettes, alcohol, etc. You know IF she was actually younger than 19 in 1988 it could explain the height differences between ID's. She started out at 5 ft 6" and ended up 5 ft 11" by the time she got a passport. I know, I know, everyone will say that the DMV does NOT actually measure you/it's possible she didn't even know how tall she was/everyone has a story about how a detail on their ID is wrong...At this point, nothing would surprise me.

The scrap of paper seems to suggest local connection. She has the local library, the police dept, apparently an appointment for a photo shoot "these eyes" and the number is an LA commercial photography business, and some of the numbers, including this one, do not include area code for the LA area. All suggesting she is writing most of those notes in LA. She could have been visiting or looking for work. Most people who have looked at it, seem to think it is sometime between 1984-1988. I think this was her pre name change residence.

Agree, it suggests a connection with the area, but definitely not proof that she lived there. The only place we know she definitely lived is Texas. Everywhere else - CA, WA, Idaho, Nevada, etc it's all just suggested connections or an indication that she was passing through there or lived nearby.

This is all fascinating. So just so I'm clear this is the same BST and RWB from the 1988 Nevada marriage record? And they lived at the Cedar address in Jackson County? And she drops off the radar post 2001 (or earlier maybe)? I am happy to help you on this one. I don't have ancestry access but am good at finding people on social media.

I'm a little confused on the BSC initials...

Sent you a PM to try to explain. Most my sources are linked in this thread above. Thank you for any help you can lend!

The scrap of paper seems to suggest local connection. She has the local library, the police dept, apparently an appointment for a photo shoot "these eyes" and the number is an LA commercial photography business, and some of the numbers, including this one, do not include area code for the LA area. All suggesting she is writing most of those notes in LA. She could have been visiting or looking for work. Most people who have looked at it, seem to think it is sometime between 1984-1988. I think this was her pre name change residence.

The local library is in Pennsylvania...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members