TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know but I have a ton of Bowen 's (family) in Washington state!

Thanks! I'm asking because there was a Mary T. B0wers/B0wens who lived at the same address as the BST who married RWB in Missouri (4003 Cedar Crest cir #316). She was born in California, was about the same age range as FLEK but she died in 2003--her SS record on ancestry shows her name was issued as one spelling and then corrected later, which made me think we had seen that pattern before. Anyway, I'm trying to track down the people who lived in that address around the time BST did to see if they have any connection. Unfortunately her name is way too common and no connections are jumping out at me.

There is a Butler. I am asking my resource now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Linda, see my post just above this one. Pictures of this person as a child on ancestry make me think she could be a relative of FLEK.

Interesting. Look at the bottom right hand corner of the notes page. I have always wondered if she " altered" the notes page to " hide" info. ( like changing a number or letter or adding letters to make a word different that SHE would recognize but not someone who " found" it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had noticed that. Looks like a line around it meaning it was not related to the notes above it. A separate side note, if you will. Going on a sleuthing binge. Let you know what I find. :)

attachment.php
Laciner Connection???? Did FLEK spell it wrong?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.6 KB · Views: 230
attachment.php

Good find, BCA! When I go to the the Lancer skincare website it says Dr. Lancer has been in business 30 years--that's 1986! I wonder if he did plastic surgery at the start of his career?

ETA: I do think she could have misspelled this since she misspelled other woods as simple as Hollywood.

And Dermatology! Wasn't FLEK heavily involved in dermatological market surveys, etc?

Credible Witness: Identity, Refuge and Hospitality by Kwangsook Chung

Interesting read.

Please stop sleuthing and posting names of people who may have absolutely no connection to this case.

ETA: I know it's hard, and obviously sleuthing has to be done for a UID case, but not in such a fashion that we think someone may have a connection and their personal information ends up on a crime sleuthing board.

:tyou:

So what do we make of the library phone number written on the upper right hand corner of the scratch sheet? Everything says this is a number for a library in Pennsylvania but there is no area code and no other connection to Pennsylvania in this case, is there? I started searching the number with various area codes stating with the area codes she wrote elsewhere on the page. Putting 213 in front of the number comes back to an advertising/marketing company called Castells & Asociados in Los Angeles. This company was formerly called Ad Americas. I can't tell if they had this same phone number back in the 80's. With FLEK's interest in marketing on her resume, could it be that she had an appointment with that company? Could she have written "library" for another reason? IDK, just a random suggestion I had not seen mentioned before.

To the nice posters who apologized, posts noted and removed because we don't want your IDs forever etched in stone as having had to do so :D

Carry on !! :grouphug:

Thinking out loud, gut instinct...... I personally don't think that 'Cedar' is as significant as people think. If she was attempting to shed one identity, she would likely not associate an old street, city, high school or anything. I think that whatever FLEK had left behind in her past, she had no desire to have it resurface. I personally think Cedar was the name of a pet or something.

If you were a tree what tree would you be? Simple as that?

So what do we make of the library phone number written on the upper right hand corner of the scratch sheet? Everything says this is a number for a library in Pennsylvania but there is no area code and no other connection to Pennsylvania in this case, is there? I started searching the number with various area codes stating with the area codes she wrote elsewhere on the page. Putting 213 in front of the number comes back to an advertising/marketing company called Castells & Asociados in Los Angeles. This company was formerly called Ad Americas. I can't tell if they had this same phone number back in the 80's. With FLEK's interest in marketing on her resume, could it be that she had an appointment with that company? Could she have written "library" for another reason? IDK, just a random suggestion I had not seen mentioned before.

Was she searching for the Pittsburg CA library? Did KJ grow up in that area?

attachment.php

Yes, Kathy Jeung was someone I tracked down on Facebook a while ago. Sent her a link to the seattle times article but I never followed up. This was like two years ago?

https://books.google.com/books?id=n...IMTAH#v=onepage&q=kathy jeung visages&f=false

https://i.imgur.com/hPlb5at.png

Now that credit is from a magazine shoot in 1995. Jeung was already fairly famous by 1986, so no idea how FLEK would have known her or been able to be in contact with her.

Here is a specific thread about it.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215630-Jeung-Lish

edit: after reading that thread it appears as though Jeung was contacted and did not recognize FLEK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NH_Gal