TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps this record will help: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KPCG-B6M
I believe that her maiden name is the second one that starts with B. The B family lived at the El Caballo address. There were also Ruffs on that street. I remember it being discussed before as a crazy coincidence. I don't know if we ever found a direct connection between the Idaho Ruffs and the Texas Ruffs but that link has both a Texas address and an Idaho address.

I'm at a loss to explain how she could be FLEK--are you thinking she continued to go back to that address in Idaho after her marriage? If those Ruffs are related to the Ruff family FLEK married into this case is even more bizarre than we think. JMO.

ETA: The M name is a middle name: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VD5F-LJK
The one with the M middle name is alive and well on fb with pictures of her parents. And NBR is the same person as NMB. The fb pages are the same except for the names.

There are LOTS of Jennifer Perkins who are lawyers across the US. The one in Dallas did not know Lori. We really have no idea who she was referring to on the notes page . I wonder if she knew Ben Perkins daughter, Denise. Evidently she died pretty young but I can find NO info on her. I wonder if there was a Jennifer Perkins in Bens life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denise died in her teens in LA 6 years after FLEK began her identity change. I could tell you exact birth and death dates but it wouldn't add to the case in here. FLEK probably knew her if she knew Ben Perkins (and my hunch is she did.)

I believe FLEK as well as her mother adopted Perkins' surname from time to time. I have a hunch Jennifer was FLEK'S real middle name which she used as a first name from time to time.

The passport photo: yes, it says REPS in the background! Was it taken at VISAGES REPS?
Then Lori was a model there. Maybe under a different name.[/Q

Passport photos are regulated, meaning that they must adhere to rules, size and background, person looking a certain way. When you send them in to the agency, they are then put into the passport and sealed. The letters that are seen are part of something else, a bigger word in the seal from the agency. Those words are not on the photo which she sent into the agency to obtain the passport. My current passport has stars over part of my face and an "s" and "a" over my head. There are very specific rules when sending in the photos and she could have never sent a photo with letters over the photo; it would have never been accepted.

Denise died in her teens in LA 6 years after FLEK began her identity change. I could tell you exact birth and death dates but it wouldn't add to the case in here. FLEK probably knew her if she knew Ben Perkins (and my hunch is she did.)

I believe FLEK as well as her mother adopted Perkins' surname from time to time. I have a hunch Jennifer was FLEK'S real middle name which she used as a first name from time to time.

I agree that 'Jennifer' is significant here. I also found in one of her survey marketing forums that she used to frequent, someone was promoting FLEK's services a little too over the top.... so much so, I am guessing that was FLEK trying to generate credibility and interest for her business under the name Jennifer M_____.

This is an interesting site http://www.the-seeker.com/SeekRelUp.cfm I haven't come across before. I typed in the name Becky Sue under seeking relatives and came up with just one listing
attachment.php

Searching the email address in the listing takes me to this page showing again just how common the Cedar street name is in the US... http://www.uscompanies.biz/biz-tx-681564.html

Anyway, probably completely unrelated but an interesting tool nonetheless if anyone wants to play around with some different name searches!

I also started looking on the city-data forums for people seeking people in the WA, ID and TX areas with keywords lori, becky sue, etc and there are a bunch. I'm going to keep looking to see if there are any listings that could have been someone looking for FLEK, but again just in case anyone is at a loose end and wants to go down some rabbit holes.

I'm taking a temporary break from the Howders for a while, I've exhausted all avenues there I think until LE replies to me. Hopefully the new FOIA request will shed some light on whether we keep pursuing that avenue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 9.24.18 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 9.24.18 pm.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 157
Instead of focuses on the WHO lately, I've been focusing on the WHERE lately. I believe that FLEK was not in the State of Texas From around 1991/92 until at least 2001/2. I believe she may have spent time in the State of Florida during that gap and it was probably along one of the Florida coast areas. I'm piecing together address and name timelines. But here's just an idea. It's stated that the TX license picture where she really looks tan was taken in 1997. We do know that she spent time in Tx in 1996 and 1997 because she allegedly went to school there. She was also there in 1996 long enough to get the Buckeye pilots license. We've always questioned that oddity as well as the tan. I started thinking lifeguard or golf club attendant or tennis instructor. Those thoughts led me to the beach, to thoughts of Cuban food, and somehow back to the pilots license and recollections of a family vacation when my girls went parasailing off the coast of Florida. Another reason she was in Texas in 1997... According to DMV rules, she would have had to renew her TX drivers license no later than April, 1997 if she didn't want to retest, etc. I belive she had been in Florida and was possibly working in the tourist industry along the beaches in the sports tourist activities and went and got her license while she was killing time in Texas getting her drivers license renewed and going or pretending to go to school. The Buckeye license is dated September 1996 (around the same time she would have been enrolling in school.).

I believe that FLEK used a lot of gap-fillers similar to this while she was living outside Texas. I have been piecing together Florida addresses to see what lines up with time gaps and names. There are other States that I am piecing together for another time gap I see. I am also piecing together a drivers license time line. I just may need help vetting some of the other TX and FL addresses and names from someone with Ancestry and Facebook skills. I just haven't had time to type up the timeline and vet some of the information myself. But before I go any further, WHAT do you think about the Florida idea based on the tan, buckeye license, coastal activities, Cuban food, license renewal deadline, etc?

She was also there in 1996 long enough to get the Buckeye pilots license.

I have been studying that Buckeye Pilot certificate a lot so I can jump in with a few items. When you say "long enough to get the Buckeye pilots licencse" - I do not think that took more than a couple of hours.

Here are some reasons:
On http://buckeyedragonfly.com/ (just a random Buckeye Parachute site) it states:

The Buckeye Powered Parachute is now the fastest growing aircraft in the world today.

Why...

1. You do not need a pilot's license!
2. So Easy to fly, that a child can do it! (There are only 3 flight controls.)
3. Incredibly safe. You can't roll, stall, loop or dive when you operate this machine properly. In fact, even if the engine ever quits, you simply glide back to the ground in safety!
4. Preparation for each flight takes less than 10 minutes!

I think this shows that the time commitment for buckeye flights probably isn't too intensive.

Another reason why I think the certificate is not that big of a deal is because next to the pre-printed "Solo Flight" someone added "Tandem Flight" to the left side. On http://www.easyflight.com/ (another random site) at the bottom under "Tandem Flight" it states:
The best way to get introduced to the sport of powered parachuting is to fly in one! If you have a friend who owns one, take him up on the offer to go flying. If someone nearby isn't available, you can also go through a tandem training flight. One of the Easy Flight instructors can take you up for a half hour or hour flight showing you the fun and ease of our kind of flying. It also gives you a chance to get used to flying in a very open cockpit! Better yet, the training time with an instructor is time that can be logged towards your pilot license. And, with Easy Flight, we deduct the price of the introductory training from the price of the course.

This makes me think (if the certificate is even legit) that she just took a little class and then went up with an instructor for 30-60 minutes. Why they typed out a certificate for this I'm not sure... maybe a friend (Rich E) was an instructor, took her up and had it typed out for her?

I think the "where" that you were talking about is important too though. You assumed that the Pilot certificate was earned in Texas - do we have evidence for that? I've been searching for where this pilot certificate was acquired but haven't had luck there yet.

I have been studying that Buckeye Pilot certificate a lot so I can jump in with a few items. When you say "long enough to get the Buckeye pilots licencse" - I do not think that took more than a couple of hours.

Here are some reasons:
On http://buckeyedragonfly.com/ (just a random Buckeye Parachute site) it states:

I think this shows that the time commitment for buckeye flights probably isn't too intensive.

Another reason why I think the certificate is not that big of a deal is because next to the pre-printed "Solo Flight" someone added "Tandem Flight" to the left side. On http://www.easyflight.com/ (another random site) at the bottom under "Tandem Flight" it states:

This makes me think (if the certificate is even legit) that she just took a little class and then went up with an instructor for 30-60 minutes. Why they typed out a certificate for this I'm not sure... maybe a friend (Rich E) was an instructor, took her up and had it typed out for her?

I think the "where" that you were talking about is important too though. You assumed that the Pilot certificate was earned in Texas - do we have evidence for that? I've been searching for where this pilot certificate was acquired but haven't had luck there yet.

I believe it was determined by a WS poster a long time ago that the instructor was in Texas. I recall seeing a list someone found that determined that.

Ok, that is good to know. I'll maybe search that post out to see how much info there is - I might be duplicating research that has already been done. Thanks!

I found the post here. I found another post that came to the same conclusion.

It seems very likely that R.E. at Future Flight LLC is the instructor on LEK's certificate. I did some searching on R.E. who works at Future Flight and discovered his middle initial is D, so that also matches up with the certificate. The more I dig in the more I agree that it probably is the correct location where the certificate was granted.

One thing I noticed was that before they had the website flyppc.com, they used to be located online at poweredparachuting.com. And before that it was located at http://home.flash.net/~fflight/index.html. The poweredparachuting domain is just parked now, but I am finding all kinds of information by looking over the archives at archive.org. For example, they have a newsletter from September 1996, located here. A quote from this newsletter:

1996 has been a very exciting and busy year for us so far. We have constructed and moved into a new manufacturing facility, attended the big three air shows and won all awards again this year for powered parachutes and, as an added bonus, we are experiencing record sales this year.

It looks like the company made some big steps forward in 1996 - I wonder if LEK noticed some advertising and wanted to try it out? It just seems like such an odd activity for her - I often wonder if the certificate was faked in some way.

Now that I've found their old site on archive.org I'll be exploring that for a while

While I was exploring the old poweredparachuting.com site I noticed a page for insurance through Morrow Insurance Agency. The insurance is for damage to the powered parachute machines but it got me thinking: I bet a place that trains you to fly under a parachute probably makes you sign wavers. I wonder if the "flight school" kept their waiver records for the past 20 years? I'm sure it's been investigated but it would be interesting if the waivers had a home address or anything useful. Wishful thinking I guess.

Instead of focuses on the WHO lately, I've been focusing on the WHERE lately. I believe that FLEK was not in the State of Texas From around 1991/92 until at least 2001/2. I believe she may have spent time in the State of Florida during that gap and it was probably along one of the Florida coast areas. I'm piecing together address and name timelines. But here's just an idea. It's stated that the TX license picture where she really looks tan was taken in 1997. We do know that she spent time in Tx in 1996 and 1997 because she allegedly went to school there. She was also there in 1996 long enough to get the Buckeye pilots license. We've always questioned that oddity as well as the tan. I started thinking lifeguard or golf club attendant or tennis instructor. Those thoughts led me to the beach, to thoughts of Cuban food, and somehow back to the pilots license and recollections of a family vacation when my girls went parasailing off the coast of Florida. Another reason she was in Texas in 1997... According to DMV rules, she would have had to renew her TX drivers license no later than April, 1997 if she didn't want to retest, etc. I belive she had been in Florida and was possibly working in the tourist industry along the beaches in the sports tourist activities and went and got her license while she was killing time in Texas getting her drivers license renewed and going or pretending to go to school. The Buckeye license is dated September 1996 (around the same time she would have been enrolling in school.).

I believe that FLEK used a lot of gap-fillers similar to this while she was living outside Texas. I have been piecing together Florida addresses to see what lines up with time gaps and names. There are other States that I am piecing together for another time gap I see. I am also piecing together a drivers license time line. I just may need help vetting some of the other TX and FL addresses and names from someone with Ancestry and Facebook skills. I just haven't had time to type up the timeline and vet some of the information myself. But before I go any further, WHAT do you think about the Florida idea based on the tan, buckeye license, coastal activities, Cuban food, license renewal deadline, etc?

I have previously looked at a Florida connection. There are some good leads I never followed there, because I was looking at them as related to my Ohio theory. There is an uncle and aunt who lived there on the mothers side who lived in Miami and another Florida town. I know this sound kooky, but I am originally from the East coast and lived in Florida for some time. That pic where she is tan... She has a definite Florida " look". Think of this too, if she did dabble in dancing, there are TONS of strip clubs in Florida and lots of girls do a " circuit" where they rotate from a cycle of clubs like Vegas, Florida, California... Not uncommon.

I found the post here. I found another post that came to the same conclusion.

It seems very likely that R.E. at Future Flight LLC is the instructor on LEK's certificate. I did some searching on R.E. who works at Future Flight and discovered his middle initial is D, so that also matches up with the certificate. The more I dig in the more I agree that it probably is the correct location where the certificate was granted.

One thing I noticed was that before they had the website flyppc.com, they used to be located online at poweredparachuting.com. And before that it was located at http://home.flash.net/~fflight/index.html. The poweredparachuting domain is just parked now, but I am finding all kinds of information by looking over the archives at archive.org. For example, they have a newsletter from September 1996, located here. A quote from this newsletter:

It looks like the company made some big steps forward in 1996 - I wonder if LEK noticed some advertising and wanted to try it out? It just seems like such an odd activity for her - I often wonder if the certificate was faked in some way.

Now that I've found their old site on archive.org I'll be exploring that for a while

If it's the one I am thinking of its out in the country and is VERY popular with locals. I myself have wanted to do it lol. I think there is a groupon. I live VERY close to it.
P.S. Its in PRINCETON, TX... And there is a cedar st two streets over
120c65a916489c8be213ff9d04fa8ae9.png

As long as we are discussing why Lori was tan, I had an idea that the Laciners might have helped her get a job at a Country Club/Golf Club. I worked at a club like that when I was teenager and we were allowed to use the pool and other recreational facilities during our time off work, as long as we didn't interfere with the paying members use of the Club. I was SO tan those years from laying by the pool. That would account for the tan and the polo shirt in the license photo. Take a look at where Kim worked according to the 1978 city directory I posted in the Laciner thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215629-Laciner/page13
Perhaps FLEK knew Kim and she helped her get a job there? Anyone want to go ask the owners of Brook Hollow if they remember FLEK?

While I was exploring the old poweredparachuting.com site I noticed a page for insurance through Morrow Insurance Agency. The insurance is for damage to the powered parachute machines but it got me thinking: I bet a place that trains you to fly under a parachute probably makes you sign wavers. I wonder if the "flight school" kept their waiver records for the past 20 years? I'm sure it's been investigated but it would be interesting if the waivers had a home address or anything useful. Wishful thinking I guess.

She had plenty of PO Box addresses she could have given but it's a good thought that she could have used an address we don't know about. I would like to ask the Pilot instructor that signed her certificate if he knows the witness, Christian Shave/Shaver. Was this someone that happened to be there (another instructor or another student in the same class) or was this a friend she brought with her to watch her flight/jump?

I have previously looked at a Florida connection. There are some good leads I never followed there, because I was looking at them as related to my Ohio theory. There is an uncle and aunt who lived there on the mothers side who lived in Miami and another Florida town. I know this sound kooky, but I am originally from the East coast and lived in Florida for some time. That pic where she is tan... She has a definite Florida " look". Think of this too, if she did dabble in dancing, there are TONS of strip clubs in Florida and lots of girls do a " circuit" where they rotate from a cycle of clubs like Vegas, Florida, California... Not uncommon.

The original Hooters opened in Clearwater in 1983.

I not sure if anyone has looked in to this but could she have been in Job Corps. There was a job corps about 30 minutes out side of Boise she would have been in the age range to be there and most of the kid there had a hard time in life. So could that be something to look in to .. I did post a photo of her and some basic info on there group page on facebook

DArk, thanks, and especially thanks for sharing an FLEK photo with an additional group!!!

We need to get something prior to Becky Sue Turner and you may have opened that door for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx