TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, i posted my last one before i saw the news that seattle times has updated. i clicked the link to the article but see no new information. i can't even get the timeline to open. anyone else?

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...and-took-her-secret-to-the-grave-who-was-she/

Quote from the article:

Using DNA supplied by the Ruff family, Fitzpatrick starts building a family tree for Lori, matching her DNA with blood relatives.
December 2015
Fitzpatrick identifies Lori as a member of a Philadelphia family, the Cassidys.
March 2015
Investigator Joe Velling flies to Philadelphia to meet the Cassidys.
March 2015
The Cassidys identify "Lori" as a blood relative, Kimberly McLean. Further DNA tests confirm the match.
Sept.19, 2016
Lori Ruff's name is removed from the federal database for missing and unidentified persons (NamUS.com).

reposting since the timeline has been removed from the seattle times article.

there was a timeline at the bottom that had new information indicating she is from philadelphia and real name is kimberly mcclean. someone else said it indicated she left home in 1986 at age 18 but i didn't personally see that before the timeline was removed from the article.

Yes, it said she left home in 1986 when she was 18. The family that recognised her has the last name Cassidy.

It is not there now. maybe they are not finished but it makes no sense.

there was a timeline at the bottom that had new information indicating she is from philadelphia and real name is kimberly mcclean. someone else said it indicated she left home in 1986 at age 18 but i didn't personally see that before the timeline was removed from the article.

Yes i screenshotted everything. She left philly in 1986 at the age of 18. I don't know if I am allowed to post the screenshots or not

Here is a screenshot I grabbed before it was removed

attachment.php

Attachments

• RAOt7Oo.png
    RAOt7Oo.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 326
I'm dying to know Kim McLean (Cassidy?)'s story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm lost now. After I shot that damn article out to everyone, I read it. And I still don't know who she was. I thought the article was supposed to tell us.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

I'm lost now. After I shot that damn article out to everyone, I read it. And I still don't know who she was. I thought the article was supposed to tell us.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

It sounds like they are still working on it. *crosses fingers*

Well Akoya said that Velling used the DNA and this article says Colleen used the DNA to build the family tree.. really wish that thread wasn't closed

so this is not someone we suspected, right? or have we heard this name before?

Not that I know of. I don't think she was ever reported missing. Probably because she was 18 when she left.. but I'm just assuming that's why she isn't in databases. Maybe she was reported but LE didn't take it seriously (it was the 80s, different times)

Well Akoya said that Velling used the DNA and this article says Colleen used the DNA to build the family tree.. really wish that thread wasn't closed

Well shoot. If Ayoka is CF, I'd feel like an a$$.

So Professor Abbot was correct with his "18 year old runaway from Pennsylvania" leak, and that was back in March!! Presumably they have been waiting for the extra DNA confirmation before releasing it. EDIT I just checked and Colleen Fitzpatrick is the forensic genealogist looking at the Somerton Man / Taman Shud case. So there's our connection...

Wow. RIP Kimberly McClean from Philadelphia. Would love to know the backstory.

So she wasn't even really much older than she claimed to be as LEK. Maybe a year or two, if that? Really wonder where she was from 86-88. I have a feeling that we will still have a lot of loose ends to look into even if they post a full story lol

I legit feel in awe right now. I never thought this case would be solved, or that we would know her real identity. Feels kind of weird for some reason.

So she wasn't even really much older than she claimed to be as LEK. Maybe a year or two, if that? Really wonder where she was from 86-88. I have a feeling that we will still have a lot of loose ends to look into even if they post a full story lol

I legit feel in awe right now. I never thought this case would be solved, or that we would know her real identity. Feels kind of weird for some reason.

Did you totally shake too after reading it??

i did the requisite ancestry search and found someone with the name and right age range at a catholic girls' school in philly but of the two references one didn't have a picture and the other was too grainy to see much (but didn't look like her). someone else might have better luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE