TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The timeline says it was solved in 3/2015 except for DNA verification. If that is true why did Velling say when he first met the Cassidy's he was just a retired federal employee. Did they mean this year? They sent me the link on FB and i replied with that question. Am I missing something? Maybe Vellings resume is wrong or he counted comp time. Not sure feds can do that but some public employees can accumulate unused vacation time to retire early.

I always felt that it was when she became a parent that the whole thing unravelled. I think once she experienced the love of a mother for her child it must have made her feel SOMETHING about her own mother left behind forever. And the weight of suppressing all of that all those years. 😢

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Welp, there it is. It's nice to have a name.

I didn't think it was possible, but I'm now even MORE interested in this case. How did Kimberly McLean think to assume the identity of Becky Sue Turner? Did she have any connections to the Tacoma area?

Wow.

Wow, I have way more questions than ever now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that timeline seems to go from December 2015 forward to March 2015. I think it should read March 2016.

So she didn't like her stepdad/new family situation. Doesn't seem like there was any abuse. Can't believe she went to such extremes. I feel sad for her. RIP Kimberly

Holy moley I just saw the article saying this was solved and had to rush right here!! Never in a million years did I think this one would get an answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder how tough those two years were. Its like we got chapter 1-4 and 6-10 but missing 5 in her book. Well at least for us obsessive types, we know who she was those two years. Maybe we can find what she was up too.

Wow. Well she's not a Turner I guess! But.....

Just wow. RIP Kimberly. Speechless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we need a new thread. Kimberly McLean the lost years. I am assuming the family never filed a missing report since she told them she was leaving and she was an adult at that point. Wonder why she took that step to change her name. I am thinking she might have had to do somethings she wanted to forget. I still wonder if she wrote those notes or someone else did. I wonder if Velling asked about boyfriends, maybe someone who moved to LA before she left or soon after...or maybe she left with.

So her real birthday was October 16, 1968 - that is pretty close to BST!
It's 3 days before mine exactly. I'm about to be 48. So she wasn't as old as we speculated. 😕

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Wow!
From the article:
“At least now we know her identity and know she had a family that loved her,” said Darby, Blake Ruff’s brother-in-law. Now, Lori and Blake’s daughter has a new set of grandparents on the East Coast, and a whole new batch of cousins. The two families have been connected.
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...rplexing-mystery-of-identity-thief-lori-ruff/

I'm over-the-moon happy for that little girl that they found Lori/Kimberly's family. I got goosebumps reading this. I always thought we would find out her parents had died but they are alive and her daughter can now know her family. She has someone to ask--"what was my mom like when she was a little girl?" I'm sitting here crying happy tears for her. I hope no one digs up anything nasty on the family now that it is out.

So sad. We saw this exact same situation with Grateful Doe / Jason Callaghan.

Families, please, if there's someone who walked away and you've not heard anything for decades, please file them as missing. So much heartache could be avoided.

Just finished reading the update on the Seattle Times website.

Wow.

Knowing even the little bit the update provides, it puts a lot of things we know about her in a different light. For example, remember the Ruffs grouching about LEK sneaking off to take a nap during family get-togethers? I wonder if the reality wasn't that she found herself about to cry & ran to hide. Of course, the only people who could put the pieces together correctly are those who actually knew her.

Now I wonder about those two lost years, 1986 - July 1988. Where was she? What was she doing? Was she living under her birth name -- Kimberly McLean -- or under yet another name?

Not that I expect anyone to find out. Except for checking the Los Angeles phonebooks for her birth name, I have no idea where to start looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member