TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the phone number for the library Strafford PA is one thing from the notes that now looks right..

The timeline says it was solved in 3/2015 except for DNA verification. If that is true why did Velling say when he first met the Cassidy's he was just a retired federal employee. Did they mean this year? They sent me the link on FB and i replied with that question. Am I missing something? Maybe Vellings resume is wrong or he counted comp time. Not sure feds can do that but some public employees can accumulate unused vacation time to retire early.
Velling retired 08/2015. From how I read the article, he went to Philly earlier this year, 2016, and he went as a civilian. He could have been retained on a consultant basis specifically to close this case.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

What's everyone feeling right now? Now that we know her real name?

205 people viewing!

I'd like to thank whoever it was who spotted Lori in the press and called in a tip. The Ruff family for being more proactive than we thought in getting this solved and for welcoming the Cassidy/McCleanss into their family. Velling for just never being able to put it down. Fitzpatrick for plugging away at the family tree. But most of all everyone here for the thousands of man hours trying to get this cracked, some of you have been here years, others just days, but she gripped us all.

It's really happened guys, Lori Erica Ruff finally has her name back. And now my eyes are leaking.

It's 3 days before mine exactly. I'm about to be 48. So she wasn't as old as we speculated. ��

Just because she couldn't conceive easily they figured she must have been older, dumbest reason ever anyway.

Wow!
From the article:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...rplexing-mystery-of-identity-thief-lori-ruff/

I'm over-the-moon happy for that little girl that they found Lori/Kimberly's family. I got goosebumps reading this. I always thought we would find out her parents had died but they are alive and her daughter can now know her family. She has someone to ask--"what was my mom like when she was a little girl?" I'm sitting here crying happy tears for her. I hope no one digs up anything nasty on the family now that it is out.
I am very glad to see this! So happy to know that her daughter is getting to know the other side of her family, and glad to know that Lori née Kimberly had love from a family and was missed.

I wonder why Akoya thought releasing Lori's true identity was dangerous for her daughter?

205 people viewing!

I'd like to thank whoever it was who spotted Lori in the press and called in a tip. The Ruff family for being more proactive than we thought in getting this solved and for welcoming the Cassidy/McCleanss into their family. Velling for just never being able to put it down. Fitzpatrick for plugging away at the family tree. But most of all everyone here for the thousands of man hours trying to get this cracked, some of you have been here years, others just days, but she gripped us all.

It's really happened guys, Lori Erica Ruff finally has her name back. And now my eyes are leaking.

Beautifully put!

What's everyone feeling right now? Now that we know her real name?

I'm happy that her daughter can have a relationship with her bio relatives, that they're not some dangerous criminal abusive set.

I'm intrigued about the missing two years and where she lived and under what name.

I want to see a pic of Kimberly!

I'm annoyed that it seems like it was solved a while back but yet her Namus stayed up and people kept putting in many hours investigating.

And I think that the foia request was the trigger for the story breaking - they must have been pushed into it. So thanks awillis for that and I hope they never charged your credit card!

I wonder why Akoya thought releasing Lori's true identity was dangerous for her daughter?

Flippin' good point!!

I wonder if the female who called in the connection initially was SS1988? Linda always felt that poster was a female. But SS said "Lori" lived with her mother in Texas in 1988, so that bit definitely isn't right. Hmmmm.

I have been fighting the urge to cry since the article was published. But I'm at work, so that will have to wait until 6:00. God rest Kimberly/Lori's soul. She must have gone through a lot of turmoil to pick up and leave the way she did, and ensure that no one would be able to find her.

A few months ago I did have contact with a woman who had been reported missing in the 80s. She was living just a couple of states away from where she'd grown up, and was using her real name (although changed her last name when she married). The fact that Kimberly went to such great lengths makes me believe there is a lot more to her teenage years than we are being told. Whatever it is, may she rest in peace. My heart breaks for Deanne Becker. A mother should never have to go through this.

Flippin' good point!!

I wonder if the female who called in the connection initially was SS1988? Linda always felt that poster was a female. But SS said "Lori" lived with her mother in Texas in 1988, so that bit definitely isn't right. Hmmmm.

And Kimberly would not have been 21 in 1988. Weird because I remember velling confirming he talked to spring summer so I really didn't think spring summer was a troll. I guess we prob will never know.

I'm happy that her daughter can have a relationship with her bio relatives, that they're not some dangerous criminal abusive set.

I'm intrigued about the missing two years and where she lived and under what name.

I want to see a pic of Kimberly!

I'm annoyed that it seems like it was solved a while back but yet her Namus stayed up and people kept putting in many hours investigating.

And I think that the foia request was the trigger for the story breaking - they must have been pushed into it. So thanks awillis for that and I hope they never charged your credit card!
I agree on the FOIA.

They messaged back that the timeline had typo. It has been corrected. They solved it in 3/2106 not 2015

Assuming no trauma or abuse has been omitted from her story, it seems that the breaking up of her family was the catalyst for her leaving. Still, leaving because you don't like your step dad is so extreme. Speculation, but I'm thinking she was dealing with mental health issue's as early as the 80's when she left home. She may have felt that she just wasn't understood and didn't know what to do but leave.

Is this a woman who struggled to feel a sense of belonging anywhere for her entire life? Did she secretly go off and cry during the times she left family events, feeling lonely thinking about the family she left? It makes sense that she held her own baby so tightly, and I can see how the breaking up of her own marriage could be the catalyst for her breakdown/suicide. Having her own little family may have given her a sense of safety and belonging that she hadn't felt since childhood, and then it unravels, leaving her back where she started. Alone. I'm rambling and I know nothing, but my heart is so heavy for Kimberly right now.

They messaged back that the timeline had typo. It has been corrected. They solved it in 3/2106 not 2015

Which fits in with Prof Abbots slightly premature publication in March... he must have heard, via CFitz, and blurted it out before all the full tests (and presumably family briefings/grievings) were done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz