TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks more like a theory

Yes it does at the moment, but he says a name will be released in the next few days. I've alerted mods on my above post to reopen the Taman Shud / Somerton Man thread, no idea why it has vanished, does anyone know?

Meaning she stole Becky Sue Turners identity but her real name was Becky Sue Turner?

Ya, something like that...
How do we we know she stole the identity of BST? Isn't it possible she really is Becky Sue Turner and she changed her name to LEK to "start fresh?" Maybe BST never died in that fire. Stranger things have happened...

I dunno...this made more sense to me in my head! Plus it was late last night when I had this thought.
It's possible I'm just crazy.

How do we we know she stole the identity of BST? Isn't it possible she really is Becky Sue Turner and she changed her name to LEK to "start fresh?" Maybe BST never died in that fire. Stranger things have happened...

I dunno...this made more sense to me in my head! Plus it was late last night when I had this thought.

We know FLEK stole BST's identity because BST died in a fire in 1971. The only way she could really be BST is if she did not die in the fire.

For BST to not have died in the fire in 1971 would have taken a massive cover-up by multiple people for almost 2 decades (from 1971 to 1988 when she got her BC and resurfaced). We have BST's death record and they had a funeral for her and her sisters according to the newspaper article. The simpler explanation is FLEK stole BST's identity by getting her birth certificate.

NamUs was updated 8-23-16 on Lori. Does anyone know what changed? It still says Unidentified. I got an email update that changes had been made. I apologize if this has been mentioned.

NamUs was updated 8-23-16 on Lori. Does anyone know what changed? It still says Unidentified. I got an email update that changes had been made. I apologize if this has been mentioned.

There are now 10 exclusions - I think it was up to 8 the last time it was updated

I actually emailed the funeral home a few months back and they confirmed all bodies were there . Same people run it. She said it a very sad and horrible time and she remembered it because it was Christmas time, and so sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually emailed the funeral home a few months back and they confirmed all bodies were there . Same people run it. She said it a very sad and horrible time and she remembered it because it was Christmas time, and so sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, Linda I would never have thought to do that. Thank you for your diligence in following up on all suggestions!

It really would be hard for parents to fake a death and then hide their living child, but even harder to do it in such a public way. The circumstances of the Turner fire--3 young girls killed around Christmas must have been a big story in that community. Just because we cannot find many news articles about it today doesn't mean there were not tons of news articles in a local paper. Smaller town newspapers are not online as much as the big name papers are. I wonder if there is a more detailed article somewhere that has never been posted online. Has anyone been to a library in Washington to look at Fife-area papers from 1971?

The blog has some solid information, looks like there were 2 bodies in the morgue. The Somerton Man and another man, Tibor Kaldor. Both are thought to have been 'Dunera Boys'. Internees from the UK. Arrived Australia 1940. Both men were poisoned Tibor maybe suicide, issues with dosage and autopsy. Seems Tibor may be the man in the Plaster Bust.

There are now 10 exclusions - I think it was up to 8 the last time it was updated

It was 10 exclusions - including Mona twice and Teresa Barreras - back on about the 19th when I last looked - so something else must have been updated since.

It was 10 exclusions - including Mona twice and Teresa Barreras - back on about the 19th when I last looked - so something else must have been updated since.
I see what's changed - they've add Kirk Haddix as the contact. His name wasn't on there previously.

from the note of recommendation from Roger steinbeck it states that lori graduated highschool and work for him for rent until july 1988.. this is contradictory to the changing her name from Becky sue turner in July 1988. from the letter he knew lori from 16/17 possible age at graduation to 1988 at age of 18/19 ...ref.jpg.

from the note of recommendation from Roger steinbeck it states that lori graduated highschool and work for him for rent until july 1988.. this is contradictory to the changing her name from Becky sue turner in July 1988. from the letter he knew lori from 16/17 possible age at graduation to 1988 at age of 18/19 ...
attachment.php

Yes, this and several other reasons why most people have concluded the letter is a fake. The SSN investigator Velling said there was no Roger Steinbeck. People on this board found "A" RS but I don't think any connection to him and Lori were ever found. Lori probably chose the name Steinbeck because the famous writer of that name stayed at the Oriental. Here's an archived article from 1976 about the hotel that mentions John Steinbeck stayed there: http://www.nytimes.com/1976/06/08/archives/oriental-hotel-marks-its-100th-anniversary.html?_r=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214