Found Safe TX - Maddison, 7, Dylan McGrath, 5 & Maryah Matthew, 2, Sealy, taken from CT, Feb 2019 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry for the title flub guys. I was working off of my phone instead of my usual computer and it was not being helpful. Thanks for getting it fixed and for providing all the great information!

The male suspect is known in my neck of the woods because he's a sex offender. ( I had kids in his victims age group at the time)
I sure hope they find these babies!
Rachel1 you must live close to me then.

Hunt for missing CT kids moves to Texas

My local newspaper FINALLY picked up the story. A little more information from grandma on how she was able to leave with the kids.
The grandmother believes Crystal Mcgrath took the children out of a side door when she took them to the bathroom in a Waterbury McDonald's which was allowed by the DCF worker who was supervising the visit, the grandmother told WFSB.

“It’s called supervision. You’re supposed to supervise. She wasn’t supposed to go to the bathroom with them alone, she was supposed to be supervised,” the grandmother said.

Doesn't sound like the best location for a supervised visit:(

Honestly Waterbury is a mess. Waterbury has the closest mall, Chuck E Cheese, McDonalds with a play place, etc to my city and many surrounding towns. Everywhere there is always packed. There probably wasn’t a lot of choices that would have been better (aside from the DCF office).

Honestly Waterbury is a mess. Waterbury has the closest mall, Chuck E Cheese, McDonalds with a play place, etc to my city and many surrounding towns. Everywhere there is always packed. There probably wasn’t a lot of choices that would have been better (aside from the DCF office).
So sadly it was a matter of beggars can't be choosers. How stressful for DCF employees.

So sadly it was a matter of beggars can't be choosers. How stressful for DCF employees.
Does anyone know if it’s usually just one DCF worker supervising? I’m guessing it is. With two cases like this recently, I think it’s time they reconsider the locations allowed for the visits since they probably can’t spare multiple workers to watch multiple exits like this.

Chuck E Cheese requires kids AND the adult they came with to be stamped upon entry, and there's only one (non-alarmed) entry/exit. They use a glow in the dark ink, and they do check at the exit to ensure no one is leaving with a child they didn't come with. So that would be a significantly better choice than the Reidville Dr McD's which has numberous exits. (I'm about 20 mins south of Waterbury right off Route 8.)

Chuck E Cheese requires kids AND the adult they came with to be stamped upon entry, and there's only one (non-alarmed) entry/exit. They use a glow in the dark ink, and they do check at the exit to ensure no one is leaving with a child they didn't come with. So that would be a significantly better choice than the Reidville Dr McD's which has numberous exits. (I'm about 20 mins south of Waterbury right off Route 8.)

*numerous

It won't let me edit and it's driving me crazy.

I had a family member who needed to participate in supervised visitation years ago. It was held in a big shopping plaza type storefront. The parent and child parked in the rear of the building and came in that door, signed the child over to the staff and left. The other parent parked out front, came in that door, signed in for a visit and went into a middle room. As the child got older, they were allowed visits at their apartment complex's playground, in the apartment, etc. The social workers were always with them. I cannot imagine McDs as a supervised visit location. Too many people, too many variables, too much room for error. I am hoping these children are found quickly and safely!

Frantic Search Continues for 3 Children Taken From Grandmother

This is the latest MSM I can find, but it doesn't have anything new, IMO. Apparently, no new sightings? If there were sightings after the one in Sealey, TX, wouldn't they be publicized? Sickeningly, those poor kids seem to have just vanished with a convicted sex offender! If they did make it over the border, I doubt they'll be found anytime soon, if ever. Isn't US LE pretty limited in what they can do in Mexico? Does anyone know? Mexican LE does not have the resources for this. They don't even have the resources to look for their own multitude of citizens who have disappeared. The thought of what could happen to three young children under the control of a sex offender hiding out in Mexico makes me ill. They are so young and helpless that I can't imagine them as able to play any part in their own rescue or escape, as some teens have done. I have no reason to believe the "mother" will come to her senses and contact authorities or try to flee. I think if she were to resist the plans of (the inappropriately named) Joy, he would simply eliminate her. I don't think he cares about her. I think she was just the means for him to acquire three little kids. Mexico is the perfect place to kill a woman with impunity; well, kill pretty much anyone with impunity, including children. I sure hope I'm wrong in my pessimism and that there is actually a lot going on behind public view to rescue the children. MOO.

How does a person on a supervised visit just take off with 3 kids? Would love to hear the details of how this played out.

It was at a McDonald’s per one of the links so it seems like they were not professionally supervised. She prob was supervised w relatives and just up and left

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilda
Back