Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erica Simon on Twitter
My Lord. My colleague @shelleyabc13 learned medical professionals did not believe the family’s story of how #MaleahDavis hit her head (which caused a skull fracture). Regardless, she and her two brothers were returned to mom and stepfather in February.
D6GSXKxWkAEDJUW.jpg

11:25 PM - 8 May 2019

Last edited:
It's been reported that DV has no criminal history.

I am curious what makes you think that. Can you tell us more? MOO

I don't think I can because that info comes from SM.

Thank you for the link. Cheryl Mercedes with KHOU, her editor and a family law attorney have read all 300 pages of the court document. There was an allegation made against Craig Davis, but nothing was proven. The same charge levied against BB, resulted in a "reason to believe" there was "neglectful supervison". Furthermore it appears he had little to no involvement in her life. Maybe this will be clarified as the case moves forward.

My point is that whatever happened to Maleah on July 10 and July 28 of 2018, had nothing to do with her biodad.

FWIW, KHOU reporter Cheryl Mercedes has been answering some questions on her FB page - this is msm so it's okay to link to. Among other things she said she ran background checks on mom, dad and stepdad and all came back clean. As of 15 minutes ago she posted:
Cheryl Mercedes KHOU I would like to ask Brittany about these allegations but she is not making herself available to the media anymore and she has removed her Facebook page.

Reporter also said the little boy is with his paternal grandmother. There's a bit more. She appears to be following the case closely.

Agreed. Seems like he wasn't even involved much in Maleah's life, let alone responsible for abuse. I wonder if her brain surgery is was brought him back into the picture. One of those "ah ha" moments in life.

That's a sad thought isn't it?

I had to pick-up my five year old grandaughter today. All the way home she sang a song they are practicing for a Mother's Day luncheon on Friday. So stinkin cute, she told me it's a surprise, don't tell Mommy. This child is a source of pure joy in our lives, her Papa thinks she hung the moon. It hurts my heart when I see that a child is not cherished and loved.

I signed up for an informational meeting for CASA in two weeks. AJ's case really rocked my world, if I can play a small part in bringing some joy and support to a child in need, I'll be blessed.

FWIW, KHOU reporter Cheryl Mercedes has been answering some questions on her FB page - this is msm so it's okay to link to. Among other things she said she ran background checks on mom, dad and stepdad and all came back clean. As of 15 minutes ago she posted:
Cheryl Mercedes KHOU I would like to ask Brittany about these allegations but she is not making herself available to the media anymore and she has removed her Facebook page.

Reporter also said the little boy is with his paternal grandmother. There's a bit more. She appears to be following the case closely.
She is very thorough. I agree with what you said earlier - it's good to see someone actually investigating! MOO

Erica Simon on Twitter
My Lord. My colleague @shelleyabc13 learned medical professionals did not believe the family’s story of how #MaleahDavis hit her head (which caused a skull fracture). Regardless, she and her two brothers were returned to mom and stepfather in February.
D6GSXKxWkAEDJUW.jpg

^^^ Strong words to say !

Someone thinks lies may have been told , or at the very least ; the full truth wasn't revealed -- about Maleah's injuries.

Can't disagree... but to read that even health professionals find the families' story 'sketchy', speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Police probe report that missing girl was seen in Lafayette
[...]

According to a post on the Shoppes at Lafayette Facebook page, an individual contacted State Police Tuesday stating that they believed they saw 4-year-old Maleah Davis, of Houston, at a Saturday event at the retail complex.

[...]

PS said the individual who reported the sighting allegedly saw Maleah during a vendor event at the Shoppes at Lafayette. Two other businesses in the complex were holding a grand opening and an open house Saturday.

[...]

^^^ Strong words to say !

Someone thinks lies may have been told , or at the very least ; the full truth wasn't revealed -- about Maleah's injuries.

Can't disagree... but to read that even health professionals find the families' story 'sketchy', speaks volumes.

On one of the social media pages, someone put screenshots of fb posts from BB's page. They were pictures of Maleah when she was taken to the hospital for the head injury. Lord, that poor baby. IMO, the photos did not look like a simple accident where a child tripped or fell and hit her head on a table. And the narrative on the posts were a little strange, for lack of a better word.

In terms of the search, hoping Tim Miller and team find that car soon. I haven't noodled around on Google yet. Are there any sizable bodies of water close to this area?

[...]

According to a post on the Shoppes at Lafayette Facebook page, an individual contacted State Police Tuesday stating that they believed they saw 4-year-old Maleah Davis, of Houston, at a Saturday event at the retail complex.

[...]

PS said the individual who reported the sighting allegedly saw Maleah during a vendor event at the Shoppes at Lafayette. Two other businesses in the complex were holding a grand opening and an open house Saturday.

[...]

Always good to read that MD's face and name are trending!! :DAnd a plus for Social Media.

Unfortunately, what is the chance of MD getting from Houston to New Jersey by Saturday afternoon?

Not very good at all...o_O

Cases like this make me sick. My niece and god daughter is 8 years old resembles Maleah so much.
Erica Simon on Twitter
D6GSXKxWkAEDJUW.jpg

This case breaks my heart.

Last edited:

She keeps stating that Maleah was "staying with a relative" during the time she was "abducted", and has also said Mom did not have her full time even when she was in town before the trip, that there was a weekly visitation schedule. Several people have asked CM about this because it seems to conflict with the report that Maleah and brothers were "returned" to BB in February. She has confirmed that this is what it says in the CPS documentation.

Then when asked which relative was caring for Maleah (and thus either gave her to DV or he just took her at some point), she said "an aunt." I am speculating that this is the same aunt who came to pick up the kids on Friday and was not granted access to "sick" Maleah, which begs the question why they weren't with her in the first place if that's what CPS had dictated to keep the kids safe.

I also wonder if this aunt was the person CPS placed the kids with from August - September, rather than the grandmother.

Always good to read that MD's face and name are trending!! :DAnd a plus for Social Media.

Unfortunately, what is the chance of MD getting from Houston to New Jersey by Saturday afternoon?

Not very good at all...o_O
I know and I almost didn't post it but it was heartwarming to me that someone in NJ is keeping an eye out for Maleah. :)
t4518.gif

[...]

[...]

[...]
Oh how I wish this was true.

She keeps stating that Maleah was "staying with a relative" during the time she was "abducted", and has also said Mom did not have her full time even when she was in town before the trip, that there was a weekly visitation schedule. Several people have asked CM about this because it seems to conflict with the report that Maleah and brothers were "returned" to BB in February. She has confirmed that this is what it says in the CPS documentation.

Then when asked which relative was caring for Maleah (and thus either gave her to DV or he just took her at some point), she said "an aunt." I am speculating that this is the same aunt who came to pick up the kids on Friday and was not granted access to "sick" Maleah, which begs the question why they weren't with her in the first place if that's what CPS had dictated to keep the kids safe.

I also wonder if this aunt was the person CPS placed the kids with from August - September, rather than the grandmother.

Strange. Looking to hear more about this.

Bowens also addressed Maleah's head injury. Houston police Sgt. Mark Holbrook has said Maleah had had multiple brain surgeries, including one in recent months.
The surgeries were intended to help an injury heal, he said.

Bowens on Tuesday disputed allegations that her daughter was physically abused at their home, and gave this account of the injury:

Bowens said she took her daughter to West Houston Medical Center last July because she was lethargic, but nurses didn't examine her head.

Weeks later, on July 28, Maleah fell while she was sitting at the table eating by herself, Bowens said.

"When she falls, she came around that couch, she had a deep gash in her head and it freaked me out," said Bowens, who again rushed her daughter to West Houston. Doctors discharged Maleah without performing a CT scan, Bowens said.

Five days later, in early August, Maleah suffered a seizure, Bowens said, sobbing. Maleah was taken to a children's hospital.

"They did a CT scan and that's when they told me there was bleeding on the left-hand side of her brain," she said. "At that point it was a life or death situation."

Doctors operated on Maleah, she said. A few days later, officials with Child Protective Services arrived at her home, Bowens said.

"They didn't find anything because we're not those kinds of people," she said.

But that month, child protective services placed Maleah and her two brothers with relatives -- an arrangement that continued until the judge ordered them returned home in February.
Maleah Davis missing: Her mother denies the girl was abused, and describes her head injury - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver