Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I'm trying to get a read off the mom. Something is bothering me and I can't put my finger on. Again, iirc, no one outside of BB and DV have seen her since Monday? Has the mom said she talked to her daughter while she was gone? I know everyone reacts differently and maybe that's what it is. I just don't know.

TES is searching for the car tomorrow.

MISSING: Maleah Davis – Houston, Texas (5/03/19)

SEARCH REACTIVATION NOTICE: There will be a need for Texas EquuSearch members on foot and ATVs to search in some very specific areas to find 4 year-old Maleah Davis at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday – May 9th 2019. Finding the vehicle Maleah was in when she disappeared is a very high priority at this time, and we will be concentrating on finding that vehicle. The search staging area will be located at 9710 S. Kirkwood Rd. in Houston, Texas 77099. Be prepared to be in some wet and muddy areas, and dress appropriately for the forecasted weather conditions.

What I’ve repeatedly heard is that it would be harder to find due to paper tags.

I think this is true for technology, yes. However if a human being sees the car the paper tags will likely stand out vs Texas plates.

If they've removed the paper tags and stolen plates from a similar car, it will be harder to find.

What LE will need to do is run the plates of any matching vehicle, to ensure the plate matches the car. Ideally also the VIN but it's unlikely there is time for that.

I'm optimistic this guy wasn't smart enough to replace the plates with stolen ones from an identical car.

TES is searching for the car tomorrow.

MISSING: Maleah Davis – Houston, Texas (5/03/19)

SEARCH REACTIVATION NOTICE: There will be a need for Texas EquuSearch members on foot and ATVs to search in some very specific areas to find 4 year-old Maleah Davis at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday – May 9th 2019. Finding the vehicle Maleah was in when she disappeared is a very high priority at this time, and we will be concentrating on finding that vehicle. The search staging area will be located at 9710 S. Kirkwood Rd. in Houston, Texas 77099. Be prepared to be in some wet and muddy areas, and dress appropriately for the forecasted weather conditions.
I hope the weather cooperates. Today the east side had a bit of rain but more is forecasted for tonight and tomorrow, it’s supposed to be bad on Friday and Sat. I wonder why they aren’t using the horses? Yes you need more headspace but they can go through narrower spaces and terrain isn’t as much of an issue.

Also, I'm trying to get a read off the mom. Something is bothering me and I can't put my finger on. Again, iirc, no one outside of BB and DV have seen her since Monday? Has the mom said she talked to her daughter while she was gone? I know everyone reacts differently and maybe that's what it is. I just don't know.

Yeah, I'm bothered as well. I'm surprised the mom or grandma didn't have a spare key to get into the apartment Friday night and didn't notice the car was missing. Maybe she gets locked out often. MOO

I think this is true for technology, yes. However if a human being sees the car the paper tags will likely stand out vs Texas plates.

If they've removed the paper tags and stolen plates from a similar car, it will be harder to find.

What LE will need to do is run the plates of any matching vehicle, to ensure the plate matches the car. Ideally also the VIN but it's unlikely there is time for that.

I'm optimistic this guy wasn't smart enough to replace the plates with stolen ones from an identical car.

That’s my thought too. No way for me to tell if a plate is legitimate or not on all the grey Altimas I see driving around. Going to have to rely on LE for that. I’m keeping an eye out for paper tag free or if it looks off . While there is a ton of water around Houston I’m not sure how many boat landings there are or places you could easily drive a car into a waterway. I think if he did submerge it, it’s going to be someplace close to his apt or where he was picked up/“dropped off”.

Yes, I recall that as well. (Prior abuse by Mom and baby daddy)

I've seen nothing in the media or in the actual court case which states the "baby daddy" had anything to do with the abuse of Maleah. The court records can be viewed online at the Harris County District Clerk website (civil family). You do have to register, but it was a simple process. I think Craig Davis is party to the action because he is the named Father of Maleah. If someone finds information to the contrary, please post.

Why did missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis need brain surgery?
Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm bothered as well. I'm surprised the mom or grandma didn't have a spare key to get into the apartment Friday night and didn't notice the car was missing. Maybe she gets locked out often. MOO
Much discussion about this earlier.

BB may keep vehicle and house keys together, and many people don't travel with their keys for fear of losing them -- myself included.

BB also thought DV could be circling the airport with her vehicle.

No explanation given of why no cell phone contact.

I've seen nothing in the media or in the actual court case which states the "baby daddy" had anything to do with the abuse of Maleah. The actual court records can be viewed online at the Harris County District Clerk website (civil family). You do have to register, but it was a simple process. I think Craig Davis is party to the action because he is the named Father of Maleah. If someone finds information to the contrary, please post.

Media posted it yesterday. Let me try to find.

Have there been drug arrests in past? Maybe I missed it?
It was a theory of nwmouse that I was saying I had never thought of before.Don’t believe any confirmed drug arrests no. MOO

EBM

Last edited:
I've seen nothing in the media or in the actual court case which states the "baby daddy" had anything to do with the abuse of Maleah. The actual court records can be viewed online at the Harris County District Clerk website (civil family). You do have to register, but it was a simple process. I think Craig Davis is party to the action because he is the named Father of Maleah. If someone finds information to the contrary, please post.

"Brittany Bowens has engaged in a history or pattern of child abuse and child neglect," court documents said.

"Craig Davis has engaged in a history or pattern of child abuse and child neglect."

Why CPS says Maleah Davis was pulled from her home last year

I am impressed with the media in this case. They are actually INVESTIGATING.

Cheryl comments in the facebook comments of her news article (Why Did Maleah need brain surgery) from 5 hours ago. Worth reading.

Cheryl Mercedes KHOU
Whoa, you're not kidding. Are we allowed to reference comments that Cheryl Mercedes is making in the comments section? Since she is a reporter?

This was posted in the media yesterday.
By Aaron Barker - Senior Digital Editor, Sofia Ojeda - Anchor/Reporter
Posted: 9:23 AM, May 07, 2019Updated: 7:40 PM, May 07, 2019

Court documents said Maleah and her older brother were physically abused and neglected by Bowens and Davis In another section of the court documents, a doctor couldn't confirm whether Maleah's injuries were caused by abuse and Bowens was in parenting classes.

"Brittany Bowens has engaged in a history or pattern of child abuse and child neglect," court documents said. "Craig Davis has engaged in a history or pattern of child abuse and child neglect."

As reported by local Houston news...May 7, 2019, Craig Davis also named:

According to officials at Child Protective Services, the state agency received a report of allegations of physical abuse in August after Maleah suffered a head injury. Maleah and her brother had been in CPS Custody for the past several months, according to court documents.

Brittany Bowens, Maleah's mother, was allowed to visit Maleah and her older brother once a week every Saturday while they were in CPS custody. Their biological father, Craig Davis Jr., was not visiting with his children for unknown reasons, court documents said.

“Maleah and her brothers were removed from the home and placed with a relative at the time,” officials said in their written statement.

Officials said a judge ordered the children be returned home in February but under monitored conditions.

Court documents said Maleah and her older brother were physically abused and neglected by Bowens and Davis. In another section of the court documents, a doctor couldn't confirm whether Maleah's injuries were caused by abuse and Bowens was in parenting classes.

"Brittany Bowens has engaged in a history or pattern of child abuse and child neglect," court documents said. "Craig Davis has engaged in a history or pattern of child abuse and child neglect."

A CPS Custody hearing was scheduled for May 22, according to court documents.

“CPS would maintain temporary custody and visit the home at least monthly to make sure everything is OK,” officials said regarding the conditions set forth by the judge.

There will be a need for Texas EquuSearch members on foot and ATVs to search in some very specific areas to find 4 year-old Maleah Davis at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday – May 9th 2019. Finding the vehicle Maleah was in when she disappeared is a very high priority at this time, and we will be concentrating on finding that vehicle.

This sounds promising, they’ve narrowed down specific areas, possibly? Maybe with the timeline & car sighting on video they have a radius? Jmo

“CPS would maintain temporary custody and visit the home at least monthly to make sure everything is OK,” officials said regarding the conditions set forth by the judge.
Wonder what CPS expected to take place the other
29 days of any given month?
Also, did CPS/judge know DV was in the home they were returning the kids to or did they think there’d only be one abusive adult, the mom?

This is never going to stop until parents get prison time, the FIRST time they abuse & lose parental rights for good. Jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member