Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it sounds to me like there were indications that the child was being physically abused, but they were unable to prove it or at least that either parent was abusive.
If a person living with you is abusing your child, the parent is still ultimately responsible for the child's safety.
This may be why both parents were found to be neglectful, even though the father was not around or involved in the child's life.
What is significant to me is that all this occurred soon after the "stepfather" came into the picture, and they had a child together.
It seems obvious that he is the one who was abusing this child, although we don't have all the details yet. Imo

All good points. BB wouldn't be the first Mom we have seen here at WS who didn't figure out the man she is living with was hurting her child. We've seen that over and over. But like others, I've noted she did not try to cover up Maleah's injuries or neglect to get her medical treatment. At this point, I can't make up my mind if she was involved in any abuse, or simply didn't want to acknowledge her SO was responsible.

There were two other children in the house. As far as I know neither of them suffered any injuries, so it would seem Maleah was being singled out? She was the only female child, that coupled with the statement DV gave "they said Maleah looks really nice, very sweet". If this whole thing is a lie, that statement speaks to state of mind, as grown men should not be attracted to four year old little girls.

Darion Vence should tell LE the truth so they can find Maleah and this circus can end. He'll appear in court plead not guilty and we will talk about this case for the next 3-4 years until it comes to trial. This is the sad reality of what justice looks like in this country :(

As police look for the girl, Davis is left to wait.
"I haven't spoken to the public because I can't talk about my daughter. I can't control my emotions. I can't predict myself. I break down and I cry," he said.

[snip]

"Even in pain, even in her injury, my daughter went through everything she went through and it did not change anything about her," he said.

Search for missing Houston girl resumes after being put on hold for weather
[...]

Texas EquuSearch said it is in a race against the weather, which is expected to bring heavy rounds of rain between now and Saturday. The search will resume at South Kirkwood near Bissonnet in southwest Houston.

The priority is finding the car belonging to Maleah's stepfather, Darion Vence, after police found his story to be inconsistent.

[...]
Both the car and DV were last seen in Sugarland, so I wonder if they have specific information to think that the car made it back near the apartment.

Fwiw, I am keeping in mind that Maleah was under the watch of BB, DV, and BB2, most of the time during which the abuse occurred. And probably not Cd. Did he even have much visitation with her at all during that time? Seems like there might be a case of parents making accusations toward each other. And does anyone find it strange that DV, living in the home, was not apparently investigated? You would think that CPS would be very concerned with boyfriends and step parents.

Craig Davis, Maleah's father, said Tuesday that he's 'not putting the blame on anybody'.

'I just need the questions that aren't answered to be answered. There are so many unanswered questions. It's not for the public to answer them for me.

'It's not for the police to answer them for me. It's not for the news to answer them for me. It's for Darion to answer for me,' Davis told ABC 13.

Maleah Davis' biological father says her stepdad owes him answers | Daily Mail Online
Argh, this is frustrating. Mom is saying she needs answers, bio dad needs answers and isn't putting the blame on anybody.

Why are they walking on eggshells around DV? The only answer they need right now is to this: Where is Maleah?

It's not like they could sweet talk DV into telling the truth. That won't happen until LE has enough evidence to shove in his face to make him realize he's going down and even then he'll tell some cockeyed story where it wasn't his fault.

MOO.

VIDEO: Tim Miller discusses search for Maleah Davis
  • TM has been talking to HPD Homicide a lot about this case.
  • The Brazos River is too high right now to put a boat with a sonar in it.
  • He is reminded of the Casey Anthony search where she disappeared and then a tropical storm came in. Even though this is discouraging, they are not giving up - the weather is just another one of the challenges.
  • They have searched a lot of area and they know where she is NOT.
  • TM thinks they'll have some more images of the vehicle before long.
  • He doesn't think they'll find Maleah how we would want her found.
  • They may be shut down the next three days because of the weather.
  • TM spoke with a Nissan dealership last night and there might be a way of getting more information on the vehicle now.. "Technology is a great thing and let's hope some new technology works."
  • Search area is about a 15-mile radius and they will search today until the weather comes in.

Last edited:
Someone knows something. I wish they would change their call for help. Instead of saying "help find Maleah" or "Help pass out flyers" they should take the approach of "SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING!!!!" because all we need is one person (IMO) to blow this case wide open and it does not look like its going to be DV, furthermore, where is he??!! I know nobody knows (supposedly) but what if he's running for Mexico right now!! Ugh.

VIDEO: Tim Miller discusses search for Maleah Davis

• TM has been talking to HPD Homicide a lot about this case.
  • The Brazos River is too high right now to put a boat with a sonar in it.
  • He is reminded of the Casey Anthony search where she disappeared and then a tropical storm came in. Even though this is discouraging, they are not giving up - the weather is just another one of the challenges.
  • They have searched a lot of area and they know where she is NOT.
  • TM thinks they'll have some more images of the vehicle before long.
Still listening...

I love Tim Miller, such a great man!! He is straight up saying his opinion is Maleah isn't alive, but would love to see a miracle.

Also said he talked to the Nissan dealership and there might be a way to find it with technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela