Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.

9pm 5/3 - DV assaulted and abducted at 69 & Greens Road.
?? Morning 5/4 - family reports DV missing to police.
3pm 5/4 - Nissan spotted by traffic camera near Cheesecake Factory (near First Colony Mall)
6pm 5/4 - DV "wakes" on the side of the road with son and Maleah missing at Highway 6 and Southwest Freeway (near First Colony Mall)
9-10pm 5/4 - DV arrives at Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital with son. He is treated for minor injuries. He was dropped off in a vehicle and did not walk.
11am 5/9 - Nissan found in parking lot at Highway 6 & Murphy Road

Here's a map I made for easy locating of the individual places: Maleah Map - Google My Maps
Let me know if anyone wants me to add any other pins.
Emph. mine

Thanks for the map !

So much for, "...he wandered around in a daze from the assault and no one would help him...."

I want to know WHO dropped him off !

If is was a relative of BB's... wouldn't they want to know where Maleah was ??

If it was a friend who dropped him off... what did he tell the friend ?
Was it like , " Omg, dude -- I've been assaulted and my gf's daughter was taken ! Call 911 !"
Or, " I fell and need to go for a checkup at the hospital-- can I get a ride from you, please ?"
And was the toddler son just fine-- or crying with exhaustion and hunger ?

Plus, I'm curious about the no contact for both BB and DV , esp. at this time.
Usually, when a parent's child is missing-- they're not banned from seeing/talking with their remaining children.
So what prompted CPS to act now ?

Every time there's an update there are more questions .

alleged abuse (probably because no witnesses) but they seem to think the child was in danger because she was removed from the home. MOO
Sorry to repost this, yet again. FYI: links are on page 1

This was not Maleah's first trip to the emergency room.

According to records, three weeks earlier, on July 10, Bowens took Maleah to the ER after she was throwing up blood. Doctors reported Maleah was "extremely lethargic." Maleah was treated and sent home.

The following week, on July 28, Maleah was back in the hospital for a cut to her forehead. Later, medical professionals reported she had blood just outside her brain, which could be life threatening.

Bowens said Maleah was hurt after falling from a chair, but that “would not have caused the serious internal injuries, which required half of Maleah’s skull to be removed,” medical professionals said in court documents.

RELATED: Where is Maleah Davis? Timeline in the disappearance of 4-year-old Houston girl

“Maleah Davis suffered traumatic brain injury with evidence of more than one injury while in the possession of her mother Brittany Bowens and the mother’s paramour, Derion Vence,” court records read. “Neither caregiver had an explanation that was consistent with the injury.”

The caseworker with CPS eventually concluded there was “reason to believe” there was “neglectful supervision” on Bowens’ part, but nothing more. In the end, “the doctor could not confirm whether or not injuries were caused by abuse,” court records read.

CPS has had temporary custody of Maleah since August. But a judge in February ordered a “monitored return” home to Bowens, where “the caseworker could go at least once a month to check on the family,” according to CPS spokeswoman Tiffani Butler.

The court also ordered that Maleah's parents take a parenting class. According to records, neither has completed that.

The case is still ongoing, and CPS still has temporary custody of Maleah. The next court date is set for May 22.
Why did missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis need brain surgery?

Timeline of Maleah's injuries

July 10, 2018 taken to ER for lethargy, diarrhea, and vomiting small amounts of blood (seen in the video where a snippet of report is shown_
July 28, 2018 brought to ER for laceration to her forehead, at that time BB (mom) denied that Maleah exhibited any symptoms similar to the visit on the 10th (also seen in the snip of report shown on video)

Something about this troubles me. This injury or illness on the 10th.

Also, I'm not from Texas nor have I driven in the Houston area. I have, however, driven in many other busy metro areas. And I always ALWAYS avoid driving thru the city center. For example, I swing around Chicago on 294 instead of driving straight thru on 90/94. The traffic is just so inconsistent that I could get caught for 2 hours in a jam near city center.

I would assume the same would be true for Houston. One would drive AROUND Houston up to the airport like Google maps recommends. Is there are reason one would drive straight thru the heart of Houston to go to the airport? I feel like if you're trying to get to the airport at a specific time and don't want to get caught in traffic, you're going to avoid 69.

At the time of night he was going to the airport, driving through town would be fastest. Beltway 8 goes around town, but it is a tollway. Traffic during the day and night are two different beasts here. It takes a good hour to hour & half either way.

Sorry to repost this, yet again. FYI: links are on page 1

This was not Maleah's first trip to the emergency room.

According to records, three weeks earlier, on July 10, Bowens took Maleah to the ER after she was throwing up blood. Doctors reported Maleah was "extremely lethargic." Maleah was treated and sent home.

The following week, on July 28, Maleah was back in the hospital for a cut to her forehead. Later, medical professionals reported she had blood just outside her brain, which could be life threatening.

Bowens said Maleah was hurt after falling from a chair, but that “would not have caused the serious internal injuries, which required half of Maleah’s skull to be removed,” medical professionals said in court documents.

RELATED: Where is Maleah Davis? Timeline in the disappearance of 4-year-old Houston girl

“Maleah Davis suffered traumatic brain injury with evidence of more than one injury while in the possession of her mother Brittany Bowens and the mother’s paramour, Derion Vence,” court records read. “Neither caregiver had an explanation that was consistent with the injury.”

The caseworker with CPS eventually concluded there was “reason to believe” there was “neglectful supervision” on Bowens’ part, but nothing more. In the end, “the doctor could not confirm whether or not injuries were caused by abuse,” court records read.

CPS has had temporary custody of Maleah since August. But a judge in February ordered a “monitored return” home to Bowens, where “the caseworker could go at least once a month to check on the family,” according to CPS spokeswoman Tiffani Butler.

The court also ordered that Maleah's parents take a parenting class. According to records, neither has completed that.

The case is still ongoing, and CPS still has temporary custody of Maleah. The next court date is set for May 22.
Why did missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis need brain surgery?
SABBM

Thanks for posting this again. Excerpt from the article:

..."

The case is still ongoing, and CPS still has temporary custody of Maleah. The next court date is set for May 22."...

So Maleah suffered traumatic brain injury with evidence of more than one injury, resulting in her needing brain surgery and partial skull removal. No mention of her wearing her helmet she was supposed to wear for 12-24 months post-operatively, though.

CPS thought there was enough danger at home to remove her into their custody.

Her parents were supposed to take and complete parenting classes. Neither has.

I see a pattern here, IMO.

I want so badly to feel sympathy for this mother but it is just so hard. My heart hurts for this baby, whatever happened, wherever she is, I just pray she is found soon. This has been off to me since day 1 and I do not know how anyone could defend him but time is up. It's time to tell the truth.

You can still feel empathy/sympathy for the mother and still not approve of her decision to allow the bf to babysit. :(

alleged abuse (probably because no witnesses) but they seem to think the child was in danger because she was removed from the home. MOO
They had probable cause (head injury) to suspect abuse. The children were given to a different relative during this time. Then the children were given back to parents.

I think whatever caused the injury is irrelevant. It just makes any potential abuse after the fact potentially that much more dangerous. I see no definite reason to throw shade at the mother's actions or decision making at this time. And I ask anyone posting about past incidents or abuse by DV that the mother should have been aware of to link them.

Timeline of Maleah's injuries

July 10, 2018 taken to ER for lethargy, diarrhea, and vomiting small amounts of blood (seen in the video where a snippet of report is shown_
July 28, 2018 brought to ER for laceration to her forehead, at that time BB (mom) denied that Maleah exhibited any symptoms similar to the visit on the 10th (also seen in the snip of report shown on video)

Something about this troubles me. This injury or illness on the 10th.
Emph. mine

Maybe she thought that Maleah really did just fall from a chair ?
But Maleah was just three at the time, iirc.
Severe 'accidents' ; imo.

Also, I'm not from Texas nor have I driven in the Houston area. I have, however, driven in many other busy metro areas. And I always ALWAYS avoid driving thru the city center. For example, I swing around Chicago on 294 instead of driving straight thru on 90/94. The traffic is just so inconsistent that I could get caught for 2 hours in a jam near city center.

I would assume the same would be true for Houston. One would drive AROUND Houston up to the airport like Google maps recommends. Is there are reason one would drive straight thru the heart of Houston to go to the airport? I feel like if you're trying to get to the airport at a specific time and don't want to get caught in traffic, you're going to avoid 69.

One reason you would drive through Houston instead of around is to avoid toll roads.

These are exactly my thoughts as well. I'm guessing a family member was supposed to have full-time custody, but several others were possibly all involved in circumventing that stipulation. I'm sure it happens all the time. It could have been that BB didn't have a say in where they were and who they were left with or not, not legally anyway.

A recent article indicates the child was returned to mom via a monitored return. Meaning CPS retained authority over the child but physically she was reunited with mom as mom completed various requirements and had to check in and be subject to scrutiny.

It appears they may have been living (the family) with relations though at some point since the return.

In any event, while CPS was not able to substantiate child abuse they did find mom neglected to properly supervise Maleah which is why she officially remains under state care.

Medical professionals believed it was from abuse. They did not believe it was remotely possible that the child sustained such injuries when she fell off a chair.

So they reported it. CPS determined there wasn't enough evidence. Not medical professionals.

In any event, now Maleah is gone. Likely dead. Most of us realize she was likely being abused.

It's a common story. We've seen it over and over. Kid is returned after abuse allegations. Child disappears and is determined to have died after horrific abuse. Case after case after case after case.

I expect to learn the same here. I don't believe in coincidences.
Agreed, CPS is not going to remove children from a home for that amount of time for no reason. Also, a family member knows something because she didn't want the children to return to MOM AND DV! Now, we have a child missing with a nonsense story. "I'm sorry every one failed you sweet Maleah" ... MOO

CPS took advantage of their temporary custody to remove the children from the house which includes DV. The disappearance of Maleah prompted the latest action. The head injury was not determined to be the result of abuse.

Nor was it determined not to be. And Maleah remained in the system due to mom's past negligence.

Further, that's not how it works. The state can't just "take advantage of temporary custody" to remove ALL the kids. They need a court Order for that.

Regardless, that action shows their level of concern over not just DV but of mom.

Maleah was in daycare...

VIDEO: Jason Miles on Twitter
.. “The kids really miss Maleah.” @KHOU exclusive at 6:00: #MaleahDavis’s daycare lets me in to talk about missing 4 year-old. Staff last saw her in April.. But say stepdad was here the day he claims she was kidnapped. That’s Maleah’s cubby awaiting her return #khou11 #htownrush
4:09 PM - 9 May 2019 from Missouri City, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member