Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am soooo confused. Did BB return on the 4th or the 5th? I thought BB returned late evening on Friday and slept at her mom's Friday night and they both went to the apartment Saturday the 4th.

She and her mom reported them missing Saturday and he was trying to pick her up on Saturday? These dates are a mess.

I have a headache and my stomach is in knots. Poor baby.

Hey Everyone,

We all saw this coming but it still rips your heart out. Sweet little Maleah never had a chance with the monster her mother let live with them.

We have been asked to give guidance to this thread as far as what can be discussed.

If you new here then please note you can discuss what is being reported on in the mainstream media. Also, discuss what Maleah's mom has stated, and you can offer your opinion as to what happened to Maleah but you cannot randomly accuse family members, neighbors, or anyone who has not been named as a person of interest. Maleah's step-father is the only person of interest so far. However, Maleah's mom is under the media spotlight because we all want to know what she knew about or if she knew about what was going on with her husband and her daughter. You can certainly speculate on what the mother knew but please do not go crazy with unfounded accusations against the mom until we know more.

Thank you,
Tricia

Hope this helps
Bumping

Houston police said the 26-year-old was taken into custody Saturday at a relative's home in Sugar Land by the Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force.

While the charge states "tampering with evidence, namely a corpse," law enforcement officials have not yet confirmed whether the girl died. However, investigators do not think Maleah is still alive.

A law enforcement source also tells Eyewitness News that Maleah was last seen alive on surveillance video in her family's apartment complex on April 30, the same day her mother left town for a funeral. Cameras captured Vence bringing her back into their family apartment that morning.

Following that morning, investigators say he was never seen with her.

On May 3, cameras captured Vence leaving the apartment with his 1-year-old son, a laundry basket, and a black trash bag inside. Police stated there is blood evidence from the apartment linked to Maleah.

Ex-fiance of missing girl's mom in custody, charged with evidence tampering

I can see an attorney ( sorry Gitana) saying sure her blood will be in the apartment. She fell and hit her head and bled, it's documented in her medical files.

DV ARREST!!!

Updated 7 minutes ago
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Derion Vence, the man who authorities say was the last person to see missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis, has been charged with tampering with evidence, namely a corpse, in the disappearance, a law enforcement source tells ABC13.

Houston police said the 26-year-old was taken into custody Saturday at a relative's home in Sugar Land by the Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force.

While the charge states "tampering with evidence, namely a corpse," law enforcement officials have not yet confirmed whether the girl died. However, investigators do not think Maleah is still alive.

Ex-fiance of missing girl's mom in custody, charged with evidence tampering

I will be curious to find out why they haven't charged DV with murder. They have evidence of violence and an attempt to clean up. Plus the charge of evidence tampering. Maybe he wasn't the only one in that apartment. This could turn into a he said she said. More like he killed she killed.
It's hard to prove a case of murder without a body. Give them time.

Sounds like someone wanted to make sure Maleah had not been reported missing for as long as possible. But BB2, the Grandmother (?), was the one who wanted to make sure Maleah was reported missing.

Did BB2 actually complete a report though? Police seem to have said no report was filed.

I’m having a really hard time believing anything out of these people’s mouths.

Ex-fiance of Maleah Davis’s Mom Charged With Evidence-Tampering: Reports
[...]

Vence is currently being held in Harris County Jail without bond, reported Click2Houston, citing police.

[...]

According to ABC13, Maleah was last seen alive on April 30 on a surveillance video at her family’s apartment, where Vence was seen bringing her back to the residence. Her mother had also left for a funeral on that day.

Surveillance photos, which were also obtained by the news website and released on May 10, revealed that Vence was seen on May 3 holding a laundry basket with a black garbage bag placed inside—one day before Maleah’s disappearance.

A second photo apparently shows Vence showing up at Sugar Land Methodist Hospital on the evening of May 4 carrying his 1-year-old son, with no Maleah in sight, a source told ABC13.

[...]

The young girl has been missing since May 4 after Vence said that he, Maleah, and his 1-year-old son were accosted by three men who he described as Hispanicon on May 3.

[...]

Police later said that Vence changed his story and was listed a person of interest in the case. They said Vence first told detectives that he walked to the hospital but he later told them that he was dropped off, Fox26 reported. The police are looking at surveillance camera footage in the area.

Meanwhile, Bowens told the news website that after Vence did not turn up at the airport, she asked another family member to pick her up. She also filed a police report on the morning of May 4 after not seeing Vence.

Bowens also made a shocking allegation against Vence earlier, on May 10, revealing that there was surveillance video evidence of Vence emerging from his home with a bottle of Clorox along with a laundry basket with a garbage bag inside, Click2Houston reported. The video was then passed on to the police.

“When he spoke to the mother, he told ABC13 he was cleaning up the apartment, and she didn’t understand why he would be cleaning up the apartment,” community activist Quanell X, speaking on behalf of Bowens, told reporters.

[...]

Houston Police‏Verified account @houstonpolice 1m1 minute ago
Update: Current booking photo of suspect Derion Vence #hounews

D6UtIl6X4AEdNO_.jpg

So BB returned on the Friday night close to midnight and Vence showed up to the hospital Saturday night right? What was the story about what BB was doing during that time again?

I’m guessing driver was his brother, just trying to think if BB could have potentially driven him or not.
Never mind.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see an arrest here. I never had a doubt, especially after the fiasco of a Presser BB gave.

LE has been working diligently behind the scenes and have solid evidence IMO. I also think when ALL the facts are known and released by LE officials vs BB or social media we will all be shaking our heads in further disbelief.

Sweet Maleah, fly high above these monsters angel!

Stop the outright and/or veiled accusations against the mom. She has not been named a POI/suspect in this case.

ETA: Tricia has approved discussion of the fact that mom seems to be covering for the stepdad. You may speculate on the obvious (that she seemed to care more about him than her own daughter and that perhaps she was involved in the abuse).

Just don't get carried away on the direct accusations or being outright mean-spirited against mom. Fine line to walk but keep it reasonably in check.
Bump

I’m trying to keep everything straight but it’s hard because BB and BB2s stories haven’t exactly matched with LE’s version.

BB and BB2 said that BB tried to file a missing person report and then when no one heard back from LE, BB2 went to police station and filled out more forms (sounds weird to me and I work in the field) but LE said no missing person report had actually been officially filed, is that right?
Two different police departments. BB and BB2 reported to SLPD, then the case was handed over to HPD who held a press conference and stated they didn't have a report. MOO

I am soooo confused. Did BB return on the 4th or the 5th? I thought BB returned late evening on Friday and slept at her mom's Friday night and they both went to the apartment Saturday the 4th.

She and her mom reported them missing Saturday and he was trying to pick her up on Saturday? These dates are a mess.

I have a headache and my stomach is in knots. Poor baby.
Friday, May 3, 2019
  • DV was driving a silver 2011 Nissan Altima with TX paper tags 3092G9 to IAH with Maleah and her 2-year-old brother to pick up Maleah’s mother (“BB”), who was returning from her father's funeral in MA. [1] [2]
  • DV heard a popping noise and pulled over when a blue Chevrolet pickup w/crew cab, possibly a 2010, pulled behind him and two Hispanic males got out. One of them said Maleah looks very nice, looks very sweet. The other male hit DV on the head and he lost consciousness. [2] The Altima was allegedly stolen. [1]
  • When DV didn’t show up at the airport, BB called her mother, (“BB2”), to come and get her, but didn’t report DV and the children missing. [2]
  • DV was in and out of consciousness, but at one point he was in the back of the suspects' truck with his son and Maleah and then there were three suspects in the vehicle. [1]
  • Maleah was last seen approx 8 p.m. per the Amber Alert. [3]
  • BB did not have her house keys and spent the night with BB2 [11]
Saturday, May 4, 2019
  • BB told ABC13 they called police Sat a.m. to file a report because they were concerned they had not heard from DV, but detective clearly stated no report was filed [2].
  • BB2 explained that on Sat, they went to the PD again when nobody was contacting them and found out they had to fill out more forms, call the missing person’s unit, etc. [11]
  • 2:54 p.m. - The Nissan Altima was seen on a traffic camera near Hwy 59 & State Hwy 6 in Sugar Land. [1] [2]
  • 6 p.m. DV woke up on the side of the SW Freeway near SH 6 in Sugar Land, about 22 miles SW of Houston - near First Colony Mall. [2] His son was with him and he wandered around for four or five hours trying to summon help. [2]
  • 10 or 11 p.m. – DV and his son arrived on foot at Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital. DV and his son were treated for minor injuries, released, and police were called around midnight. [4] [5] From the mall to the hospital (.4 miles/10 min walk): Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley216