Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #5 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KPRC Cathy Hernandez on Twitter
Community members are here for the court appearance of Derion Vence. He’s the stepfather charged in connection with the disappearance of #MaleahDavis. @KPRC2 #kprc2
D6c-JO_X4AAAoJl.jpg
D6c-JO_WkAMai4j.jpg

9:08 AM - 13 May 2019

Janel Forte on Twitter
More showing of support for little #MaleahDavis ahead of this mornings hearing. #khou11
D6c9rEdXoAAAeaR.jpg

9:06 AM - 13 May 2019

Janel Forte on Twitter
Ahead of the court hearing this morning for #MaleahDavis’ stepdad Derion Vence, folks are showing up to the courthouse with signs for babygirl #khou11
D6c5RDoX4AAuvsB.jpg

8:48 AM - 13 May 2019

KPRC Cathy Hernandez on Twitter
WHERE’S MALEAH? This surveillance picture from April 30 is the last time police saw #MaleahDavis. It appears she’s wearing a pink tutu. Four days later, her stepfather reported her missing. @KPRC2 #kprc2
D6cx9-0XoAAEpMw.jpg

8:14 AM - 13 May 2019 from Houston, TX

Sotos’ surveillance camera caught Vence briefly walking over to his car alone on the day Maleah’s mother had flown out of state. Soto said she remembers clearly not noticing the bruise on Vence's head the same night Maleah was reported missing.

“I looked at him and he went back into his apartment. And I looked at him, but he didn't have a big bruise or anything at all,” said Soto. Neighbor's surveillance video shows stepfather alone same day of Maleah Davis' disappearance

So at 7pm ish on Saturday night, just hours before Maleah was reported missing and many many hours after his alleged abduction, DV was at the apartment complex sporting zero evidence of a noggin knocker.

If this witness is correct on her date time, then it should be on video, hopefully he got close enough to that camera for a good view of his pristine unassaulted forehead.

@tlcya so her Saturday evening sighting was up close & personal, not via camera? The article is confusing......

Ok im trying to play catch up but am a little confused. I see there is a great emphasis on what time BB left for the airport and if she was home when DV and MD arrived that morning when they were shown entering the building on camera. What does BB being there at that time potentially prove? If anything happened at that apartment it could have happened long after BB left to go out of town. What am i missing?

You are correct that this would only prove that she was home when Maleah was last seen entering. We will never be given all the evidence and even if something does not prove anything right now, we collect and try to verify "simple facts" like puzzle pieces that may fit together later. My opinion.
Edited for TOS

Not directed @SugarLandCatLady but at the article's content

Verified?: Funeral was March 27th and BB was in attendance? Yeah, I am not going to consider that verified. I will stick with the April 30th date as the date BB left to attend a funeral that we are now being told took place on the 27th.

There is a reason this timeline is all whacked and it has everything to do with LE being very quiet about the activities of BB both before and after her trip to MA. Which tells me they are still very actively investigating certain angles of this case.
Agree. Interesting that none of the photos that have been released from the neighbor's security video include BB at all. Her departure would seem to be an important part of the (beyond convoluted) story here. imo

At 0:49, it looks like they're in the parking lot of a store. It looks like a small, mom and pop grocery store that may not have a barcode reader and uses price tags. That may be where DV got the gas can. Unless, of course, Delta Food Stores is popular around that area.

Are you seeing the store in the video of linked?

Did he not realize there was a security camera? Or is he just plain dumb?
I've wondered the same. But I supposed it's possible that the camera is inside and pointed out the window--unlikely the neighbor would have been allowed to mount it on the exterior of a rental apartment. Might be hard to see through glass. moo

I've wondered the same. But I supposed it's possible that the camera is inside and pointed out the window--unlikely the neighbor would have been allowed to mount it on the exterior of a rental apartment. Might be hard to see through glass. moo
Its on the outside clearly visible. See the Quanell X video. He points it out.

I think he grieves a little bit more with each search even though he began TES as a way to help and heal. God bless Mr. Miller.

Have they searched the place he was holed up ? Could she be in a BBQ grill, or pit. Anywhere DV Lived,stayed.
I know it sounds really stupid,but we are not dealing with very bright bulb/s here.

That delay between his death and his funeral was discussed a couple of threads ago. Sometimes funerals are delayed for various reasons.

Agree. Also, if funeral home saying service was 4/27–perhaps BB skipped any religeous functions and attended only the interment a few days later. Or funeral home quoted wrong date to reporter. I recall no service dates provided in the obituary on their website. MOO

Thank you. It’s challenging but we’re doing the work of healing now!

I agree that something- many things- have to change. I don’t understand how Maleah was left in her home- so many people must have turned a blind eye or stifled their concerns or signed off on something questionable or...

I hope she’s found today.

One way I think I could help, is getting involved in child advocacy work, in the courts. I’m looking into that now. And I do talk to parents at every opportunity about “gentle discipline” and teaching body autonomy to their children, but that’s not enough. We need change at a systematic level, imo...

bbm
Your ideas for child advocacy work are wonderful and amazing, spicyrock -- many, many things have so much more impact and permanence when someone who has "been there" gets involved -- especially with children and with the parents who try but just can't get it right, or who do not know how to get it right, or who just don't care.
Also, those who have seen, studied and done similar work but from professional angle, give the other side of this effort. Those two avenues would be such a g0d-send for all of us -- all of us.
Much strength and support for you!
And one more thing,

Welcome to Websleuths,
spicyrock !!

While we're waiting, attached is my transcription of QX's interview (May 12) with Khou 11 for anyone who is interested.

ETA: Probably better add a link for that...

Attachments

• QX Interview May 12 2019.pdf
    331.5 KB · Views: 45
KPRC Cathy Hernandez
@KPRC2Cathy
·
14m
NEWLY RELEASED: This is surveillance picture of Derion Vence leaving his apartment witg his son May 3, per source. Investigators believe he’s carrying bleach. This is around the time he told police the three (he, his son and Maleah) were headed to the airport.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190513-105714_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190513-105714_Chrome.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 105
I know QX stated he thinks DV snapped over BB breaking off their engagement. Personally, I think the fact MD was going to be picked up by her father or the upcoming court date to be factors. I think MD had some “signs” that would cause trouble for someone.......so she had to be killed.
Jmo

(I don’t see DV snapping over BB, it appears he could have moved on, living with his bro, if need be.)

Moo

Maleah Davis case: Surveillance photo shows last time she was seen
[...]

According to a police source, the photo shows Maleah and her stepfather, Derion Vence, walking into the family’s apartment together just before 8 a.m. on April 30. Later that same day, Vence is seen on surveillance video recorded by a neighbor, walking through the apartment complex alone.

[...]

Another surveillance photo provided by a police source shows Vence leaving the family's apartment at 6:47 p.m. May 3, about the time Vence said he left for the airport. Maleah is not seen in the photo, but her younger brother is.

Another surveillance photo that was taken about 1:40 p.m. May 3 showed Vence leaving the apartment alone and carrying a laundry basket with a black trash bag inside.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member