Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure how things work in TX, but in my state (PA) I had to register my child for Preschool, just the same as if it were any grade. I had to write/have doctor’s excuses if my child missed a day (not sure it’s required by PA LAW, but we did it anyway).
Also, K is not mandatory in my state, but the children do have to be enrolled into school by age 8. (We have homeschooled in the past 2 kids, Cyber schooled the other 2, but now 3 are in public school due to my disabilities).
So I am a little confused...was Maleah in Daycare? Or was she in PreK? (PreK here, from my experience, is only 2.5 hrs, whereas Daycare can last a lot longer.) I could see if it was both, for example, PreK in the morning in the same building as Daycare & maybe she was put into the Daycare in the afternoons?
I ask because PreK would keep a good record of absences/doctor visits, etc. whereas Daycare may not.
I hope that all made sense?
MOO

Weird.

Sat, May 4, 2019 (from Pommy's timeline post)
Approx. 7 p.m. – Neighbor JS, who lives across from DV and BB’s apt and owns the surveillance camera that caught DV walking to his car alone, observed DV on his back patio smoking and said he had no forehead injury. “He didn’t have a big bruise or anything at all.” [52]
-------------------
Did DV show up at the apartment alone, or with the younger boy? He leaves after awhile to go to the hospital, where he shows up with the boy. If BB was there, wouldn't BB have asked him -why are you taking my boy, and where are you going. (if he came with the boy.)

If he came alone, where was the boy?
Weird.

Approx. 7 p.m. – Neighbor JS, who lives across from DV and BB’s apt and owns the surveillance camera that caught DV walking to his car alone, observed DV on his back patio smoking and said he had no forehead injury. “He didn’t have a big bruise or anything at all.” [52]
-------------------
Did DV show up at the apartment alone, or with the younger boy? He leaves after awhile to go to the hospital, where he shows up with the boy. If BB was there, wouldn't BB have asked him -why are you taking my boy, and where are you going. (if he came with the boy.)

Your reading it wrong. The neighbor that saw him at aprox 7:00 on the 4th was the one that said he was captured on surveillance on April 30th at aprox 8:43. by himself.

Weird.

-------------------

I often wondered if the man seen by the neighbor was DV's brother.

Now that Mahleah's remains have been located, I believe the investigation will focus back on the supporting cast of characters around this family unit, and any information they may have to offer.

Beginning with the missing person's report fiasco, nothing has been right about this case.

MOO

Just remembered -- Anymore on the Arkansas witness that allegedly saw DV backing down the hwy ramp (Exit 18)?

That seems an odd thing to do if you've just discarded the body of a dead child a few yards away.

It would be valuable info though as it places the vehicle at the location, and DV was the only person with the keys according to BB.

MOO

Initially I thought the "tampering with a corpse" charge was just due to him moving her, but in light of possible dismemberment and the tissue found, it makes more sense to me.

My belief is that charges of ‘tampering’ with a corpse, ‘’abuse’ of a corpse, anything that sounds like that, are simply legal terms for not following the appropriate path—for hiding a body instead of getting a death certificate and doing burial or cremation.

So, your initial thoughts were correct. (That, or course, doesn’t mean that he didn’t do worse things—but at this time we can’t draw any conclusions from the charges.)

In Texas Pre K is mandatory for children who turn 4 before Sept 1. So Maleah was not eligible for Pre K yet. Pre school is not mandatory and is often available thru the day care.
Thanks @Lillymac for confirmation about TX.

I'd learned this before but suddenly was afraid I was recalling the wrong state! Thanks again. :)

I think she is just trying to provide evidence to protect herself. Images of him being affectionate with her will support her claim that she didn't know he was physically abusing her. Imo
yeah I could reason that if this was the first time.
Maleah had a brain injury from abuse.
at least one person did it.
someone did it continually.
in her house, under her roof with her consent.
she either participated or she condoned. my guess is a bit of both.
these pictures incriminate her to me,

I’m not sure how things work in TX, but in my state (PA) I had to register my child for Preschool, just the same as if it were any grade. I had to write/have doctor’s excuses if my child missed a day (not sure it’s required by PA LAW, but we did it anyway).
Also, K is not mandatory in my state, but the children do have to be enrolled into school by age 8. (We have homeschooled in the past 2 kids, Cyber schooled the other 2, but now 3 are in public school due to my disabilities).
So I am a little confused...was Maleah in Daycare? Or was she in PreK? (PreK here, from my experience, is only 2.5 hrs, whereas Daycare can last a lot longer.) I could see if it was both, for example, PreK in the morning in the same building as Daycare & maybe she was put into the Daycare in the afternoons?
I ask because PreK would keep a good record of absences/doctor visits, etc. whereas Daycare may not.
I hope that all made sense?
MOO

I am going to bet that Maleah was on an IFSP, plan for children under age 6 with disabilities. Her brain injury would have made her eligible for free daycare paid for by the school district. Another possibility is subsidized daycare, if Brittany Bowens was on a plan to get off welfare, the plan pays for daycare for caregivers to go to school and work.

In theory, if the child misses a significant amount of days, the provider is supposed to notify the payer, who follows up on why the child has missed days. In reality, that hardly ever happens. It is usually checked quarterly, and the caregiver says, "Oh, she was sick". And due to protection laws, the daycare program probably had no clue Maleah was removed by CPS. Which, I think should be changed.

I am going to bet that Maleah was on an IFSP, plan for children under age 6 with disabilities. Her brain injury would have made her eligible for free daycare paid for by the school district. Another possibility is subsidized daycare, if Brittany Bowens was on a plan to get off welfare, the plan pays for daycare for caregivers to go to school and work.

In theory, if the child misses a significant amount of days, the provider is supposed to notify the payer, who follows up on why the child has missed days. In reality, that hardly ever happens. It is usually checked quarterly, and the caregiver says, "Oh, she was sick". And due to protection laws, the daycare program probably had no clue Maleah was removed by CPS. Which, I think should be changed.
Thank you, that was very informative!
And I absolutely agree, it needs changed!

It's weird to me that a mother would post a video of her deceased child with child's accused killer at all.

Like, I would want to scrub that from my life. I wouldn't want any pictures or videos of the killer with the child he killed.

Especially right after the remains are discovered and identified.

Not to be mean, but she seems to be a few cards short of a full deck.

yeah I could reason that if this was the first time.
Maleah had a brain injury from abuse.
at least one person did it.
someone did it continually.
in her house, under her roof with her consent.
she either participated or she condoned. my guess is a bit of both.
these pictures incriminate her to me,
Yup.

We often hear that the cover up can be worse than the crime, and it seems to me that these nurturing, happy family photos are exactly that.

The fact remains that Maleah had a serious injury requiring brain surgery, and BB's opened up a whole new chapter to the world on how that may have happened.

MOO

My belief is that charges of ‘tampering’ with a corpse, ‘’abuse’ of a corpse, anything that sounds like that, are simply legal terms for not following the appropriate path—for hiding a body instead of getting a death certificate and doing burial or cremation.

So, your initial thoughts were correct. (That, or course, doesn’t mean that he didn’t do worse things—but at this time we can’t draw any conclusions from the charges.)
I think tampering includes willfully destroying, mutilating or concealing a body or parts of a human body and I don't remember what else. Maybe moving a body. It's posted here somewhere. Imo

(Originally they thought he burned the body.)

It's weird to me that a mother would post a video of her deceased child with child's accused killer at all.

Like, I would want to scrub that from my life. I wouldn't want any pictures or videos of the killer with the child he killed.

Especially right after the remains are discovered and identified.

Not to be mean, but she seems to be a few cards short of a full deck.
Have we seen a public statement from the family yet?
A memorial from anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members