Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vence told Quanell that he spent more time with the children than Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens. He believed she wasn't a good mom.

When it came to a motive, Quanell thinks Vence snapped because Bowens found out he was having an affair.

“I asked him, 'Are you a cold-blooded murderer?' He said it was an accident ... He wanted to make it clear everything he was doing for the children by himself.

Vence then allegedly told me Quanell he dumped her body in Arkansas on the side of a road. He confessed to driving five hours.

He didn't bury her, he just dumped her body.
[...]

“What hurt me [is] he had no remorse. He had no feelings of regret ... and I can't stop crying. I had to stop myself from crying because he was so cold in this discussion with me. He cared more about what people think about him, than what he did with Maleah. There was no remorse.”

FIRST ON FOX: Quanell X gives details of Derion Vence confession

ETA: Video includes QX allegation that DV said he was going to leave BB for his mistress (who's not a male), and who QX also interviewed. DV was reportedly very surprised that QX talked to his mistress, and had inside info from her...

so DV's mother lied to the media about DV's lawyer:

She hid from our cameras outside the courtroom, but inside court she said in those phone calls she has not asked her son for Maleah's whereabouts.

She says her son's defense attorney advised her not to bring it up.

We reached out to that attorney, Tom Burton, who tells us her statement is not accurate.

He also asked the judge to be removed from the case Wednesday because the family has not paid him.

Suspect's mother won't ask son for Maleah Davis whereabouts

I speculate that part of the reason he dropped the case was the lie. Seems the apple doesn't fall far IMO.

I want to know why BB wanted CD to take Maleah to the Doctor, but changed her mind,and said DV would take her? On Monday. I also want to know why BB said CD didn't ask to have Maleah, when he did,but was denied even being able to look,and see her?
IIRC Monday BB was still in town( Houston) at the Apartment, she was there on TUES before leaving for the funeral.
So she knew before leaving Houston Maleah needed to go to the doctor.
So why was DV supposed to take Maleah to daycare instead of the doctor? On Monday,or Tuesday?
She knew if Maleah was seen by a doctor or by the daycare staff they would risk being found out.

I think it's as simple as that.

She had already gotten out of the abuse allegations before, she probably knew it wouldn't work this time.
That's why DV said he wasn't going to "take the fall" for this, or whatever he said. Imo

Idk, I'm thinking she probably was afraid to be seen with him in public during that time, but then again she does not appear to be that sharp if she couldn't even fill out reports correctly ,thought missing persons is closed on the weekends, and thought DV was circling the airport at night for hours in the rain. Moo
She thinks she is plenty smart? I've read the text messages on social media. Not as dumb as you think, MOO.

She hid from our cameras outside the courtroom, but inside court she said in those phone calls she has not asked her son for Maleah's whereabouts.

We reached out to that attorney, Tom Burton, who tells us her statement is not accurate.

He also asked the judge to be removed from the case Wednesday because the family has not paid him.

I speculate that part of the reason he dropped the case was the lie. Seems the apple doesn't fall far IMO.

Actually, not asking inmate any details about the case is usually what defense lawyers ask of both the family and client. All conversations are recorded. Not sure why Attorney saying this is inaccurate, unless it's because this was CPS testimony with gag order. MOO

Do you remember what time that was?

BBM below
Sat, May 4, 2019
  • BB says she called the emergency hotline to get the maintenance man to get into the apt because she didn't have a key. In the midst of her doing that, DV's brother filed the missing person's report. [71]\
  • BB told ABC13 they called police Sat a.m. to file a report because they were concerned they had not heard from DV, but HPD detective clearly stated no report was filed [2].
  • BB2 explained that on Sat, they went to the PD again when nobody was contacting them and found out they had to fill out more forms, call the missing person’s unit, etc. [11]
  • 2:54 p.m. - The Nissan Altima was seen by a license recognition camera near the Cheesecake Factory at First Colony Mall in Sugar Land. [1] [2] [20]
  • Approx. 6 p.m. Per DV, he woke up on the side of the SW Freeway near SH 6 in Sugar Land, near First Colony Mall. [2] His son was with him and he wandered around for about five hours seeking help until he got a ride from an unknown female. [2] [46]
  • Approx. 7 p.m. – Neighbor JS, who lives across from DV and BB’s apt and owns the surveillance camera that caught DV walking to his car alone, observed DV on his back patio smoking and said he had no forehead injury. “He didn’t have a big bruise or anything at all.” [52]
  • 11:21:42 PM – DV and his son were dropped off at Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital in the Nissan Altima by an unknown female. [39] DV had also told police that he and his son walked to the hospital. They were treated for minor injuries. [4] [5]
  • Approx. Midnight – Police were called to the hospital & MD was reported missing. [9]

I don’t think there would be a smell at that point. But cadaver dogs should have hit on the car.
They did.

HPD found blood linked to Maleah in the family home and signs Derion Vence tried to clean it up. Surveillance photos show Derion Vence walking in the house with bleach and walking out with a large black trash bag. Cadaver dogs were also triggered by the scent of decomposition in the trunk of his car.

Source: 'I believe his story': Derion Vence's dad says his son didn't do anything to Maleah Davis

Larry Seward on Twitter
Exclusive details: witness claims she saw Derion Vence's car May 3rd. Saw car drive backwards on highway ramp in Arkansas where remains found. #maleahdavis. Live report on #khou11 at 6p.
D8AWe-UXkAA6YWi.jpg
D8AWe-TXUAQGkG3.jpg
D8AWe-YXUAA2RZ-.jpg
D8AWe-WWkAMucwZ.jpg

4:17 PM - 1 Jun 2019

Is it common for a judge to be removed from a case because the defendant has not paid the lawyer?
I've never heard of that.

Is it common for a judge to be removed from a case because the defendant has not paid the lawyer?
I've never heard of that.
Hahaha! That one got me too, MsBetsy. :p

Bad sentence: He also asked the judge to be removed from the case Wednesday because the family has not paid him.

Better: On Wednesday, DV's lawyer asked to be removed from the case because DV's family has not paid him.

BBM below
Sat, May 4, 2019
  • BB says she called the emergency hotline to get the maintenance man to get into the apt because she didn't have a key. In the midst of her doing that, DV's brother filed the missing person's report. [71]\
  • BB told ABC13 they called police Sat a.m. to file a report because they were concerned they had not heard from DV, but HPD detective clearly stated no report was filed [2].
  • BB2 explained that on Sat, they went to the PD again when nobody was contacting them and found out they had to fill out more forms, call the missing person’s unit, etc. [11]
  • 2:54 p.m. - The Nissan Altima was seen by a license recognition camera near the Cheesecake Factory at First Colony Mall in Sugar Land. [1] [2] [20]
  • Approx. 6 p.m. Per DV, he woke up on the side of the SW Freeway near SH 6 in Sugar Land, near First Colony Mall. [2] His son was with him and he wandered around for about five hours seeking help until he got a ride from an unknown female. [2] [46]
  • Approx. 7 p.m. – Neighbor JS, who lives across from DV and BB’s apt and owns the surveillance camera that caught DV walking to his car alone, observed DV on his back patio smoking and said he had no forehead injury. “He didn’t have a big bruise or anything at all.” [52]
  • 11:21:42 PM – DV and his son were dropped off at Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital in the Nissan Altima by an unknown female. [39] DV had also told police that he and his son walked to the hospital. They were treated for minor injuries. [4] [5]
  • Approx. Midnight – Police were called to the hospital & MD was reported missing. [9]
Oh, dropped off at the hospital by an unknown female. Hmmm, could this be the mistress QX mentioned? When he talked to DV in jail, DV was surprised when QX mentioned that he had spoke to his mistress and knew a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusyQ