Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not question her and then I thanked her like a fool. I was just thinking how my post had spread like wildfire. I am new and did not know what to do. Does this happen a lot or I am just really lucky?

You did above and beyond, and a fabulous job. Because of you, it was widespread and corrected quickly. Thanks!

That's true. They found Brittany's phone. My head is spinning.

Maybe when BB found the photos, she took DV's phone and left hers with him so he couldn't contact the girlfriend while she was out of town. Therefore, being in possession of his phone, was able to show the photos to QX. DV left hers in the 'stolen' car.

Seems she would have turned that phone over to LE, since they were looking for her child. I mean, really. But, she still had it when QX came around. I bet he made her turn it over to LE.

Brittany has always claimed that she and her mother went to the apartment after she was picked up at the airport. The "wee hours" of the morning video seems to fit what she has claimed. I am glad to have that bit of information.

BBM. Her mother BB2 said so as well. I just rewatched it tonight, took me quite some time to find it.

I am undecided about some things with the mother and understand all points of view but that article I read earlier and it was not in there, I saw only one for him. Then I see a post showing she had one that was found afterwards or so the link or headline said and I wondered, did I miss that about her and apparently everyone did because only he and the subpoena for his were being discussed. Now it is gone and a retraction issued?

She may have put herself in the media and brought some things on herself, but wow this really was unfair, I don't care who the person is.

I for months on end in every case remark how different media outlets have entirely conflicting stories, not just different stories, but alleged facts reported wrong or the exact opposite of others. This one though takes the cake.

That is not at you but really she is already disliked intensely and nationwide the web was going nuts most likely from FB to here. Some will never even know most likely that it was retracted.

It was a huge error and I find the timing of it extremely suspicious.

I also think that is nowhere near the public announcement and retraction they need to make.

This is not at you in any way. Had I seen an article with new info, I would have posted it as well and been very upset to find out I posted false info because of the news outlet.

I think the damage was done.

What an odd day. We were talking out of the blue earlier about his phone and whether he had one and I had thought from way back that I had heard it was found in the car... This is before the article about his subpoena even today...

Sometimes I wonder if things are put out there to stir things up between people and see what shakes out... More likely a big mistake though or something meant to get clicks which I am sure was accomplished...

Very strange o_O:confused:

What was confusing to me is that the new info was just inserted into the end of an article I am positive I had read earlier. I know articles are updated but I would expect that information to garner it's own headline. Hours later I noticed no other news stations were reporting it. That's when I contacted the "journalist".

It is unfair to BB no matter how despised she is. Very sloppy reporting even in the editors note and I know this is not about me but I was just appalled at spreading false news. I did inform my facebook group as well.

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-6_23-33-27.png
    upload_2019-6-6_23-33-27.png
    243.7 KB · Views: 49
I agree it was damaging...and it gave us something to post about tonight.

I did not jump into it lol but yes the pages were flying. I like anyone was oh boy really when seeing it but remembered things that did not seem to match up or make sense so went back to rewatch interviews to see, which is not my favorite past time when unplanned. I got back and had plenty of catching up to do and then saw the retraction.

The retraction does not retract that the phone was found in the abandoned car. Just that no subpoenas were issued. Right?

Yep, perhaps we should ask the reporter for a copy of all of her documents so we can see for ourself next time. I'm thinking they don't want to put it to paper what their mistake was.

I did not question her and then I thanked her like a fool. I was just thinking how my post had spread like wildfire. I am new and did not know what to do. Does this happen a lot or I am just really lucky?
I wouldn't worry about it - stuff happens and no one online pays a whole lot of attention.

But now I'm wondering... it actually makes sense that LE would check BB's phone, right? Even if she freely handed it over to LE it seems like they would want to get a warrant to make it all "official." Not to mention to see where the phone pinged during the crucial dates. And since LE has filed a warrant for DV's phone then why not BB's too? And her mother's and DV's brother's too for that matter. Hmmm.

To be clear I understand that the earlier news article was wrong and LE has not said they executed a search warrant for BB's phone. Nor have they said her phone was in the Altima when they found it.* I'm simply asking why they wouldn't get a search warrant for her phone and the other people.

*Tea Time questioned whether or not the retraction also included the part about finding her phone in the Altima. IMO since that would be breaking news the article would continue to report on it so for now I think it's wait and see. MOO.

Last edited:
The retraction does not retract that the phone was found in the abandoned car. Just that no subpoenas were issued. Right?
I could be wrong, but they claimed that information was from the warrant. Now they are saying there is no warrant, so that also retracts the information that the phone was in the car.

What was confusing to me is that the new info was just inserted into the end of an article I am positive I had read earlier. I know articles are updated but I would expect that information to garner it's own headline. Hours later I noticed no other news stations were reporting it. That's when I contacted the "journalist".

It is unfair to BB no matter how despised she is. Very sloppy reporting even in the editors note and I know this is not about me but I was just appalled at spreading false news. I did inform my facebook group as well.

Yep, I read it too and it was not there. I never would have reread though except for I think a highlighted link mentioning her instead of him.

Seems to me like someone was playing games at the expense of others...

It just did not fit some facts that I thought we knew so while at first ready to react instantly and say something, I waited and looked back at the timeline and more, and have learned, but it is not always easy lol to force myself to check or wait.

I care less who is guilty as long as guilty parties pay the price and this child gets justice and particularly her killer, whoever that is.

When considering this child's body was hit by a mower and has not been laid to rest yet, sloppy and/or sensationalistic journalism is particularly maddening. Imo.

The site has been odd all day too as others have said...

Full moon? Jk.

Last edited:
Yep, I read it too and it was not there. I never would have reread though except for I think a highlighted link mentioning her instead of him.

Seems to me like someone was playing games at the expense of others...

It just did not fit some facts that I thought we knew so while at first ready to react instantly and say something, I waited and looked back at the timeline and more, and have learned, but it is not always easy lol to force myself to check or wait.

I care less who is guilty as long as guilty parties pay the price and this child gets justice and particularly her killer, whoever that is.

When considering this child's body was hit by a mower and has not been laid to rest yet, sloppy and/or sensationalistic journalism is particularly maddening. Imo.

The site has been odd all day too as others have said...

Full moon? Jk.

BBM

This actually might explain why the journalist had no idea the information was in there. Someone snuck it in after the fact.

For what purpose? Anything from being a vindictive ahole to wanting clicks, I guess. Or it's possible they believed it to be true from a "source" (which was obviously not the warrant, even though the article pretended it was).

I could be wrong, but they claimed that information was from the warrant. Now they are saying there is no warrant, so that also retracts the information that the phone was in the car.

No warrant for his or her phone?

I really like Chief Acevedo, straight shooter!! He said his dept will leave no stone unturned and I believe him! Caught the snicker when QX was mentioned ...
Lastly, DV had help, mark my words, the plurality was not a play on words.
'No stone unturned': Acevedo says investigation of Maleah Davis' death is ongoing

He clearly had help, the car did not drop him off and go park itself right? If anyone else was part of his 20 plus some hour kidnapping story or thought it was a good one though, there is more than one person who needs a serious reality check in believable tales. :)

BBM

This actually might explain why the journalist had no idea the information was in there. Someone snuck it in after the fact.

For what purpose? Anything from being a vindictive ahole to wanting clicks, I guess. Or it's possible they believed it to be true from a "source" (which was obviously not the warrant, even though the article pretended it was).

I agree, "someone" snuck it in and simply and obviously added it to the bottom after the fact and made it sound like upon their further digging it was revealed there had been a warrant for her phone as well and the phone was in the car? If this was a source or an LE source or leak, unless they wanted it put out intentionally to see what shook loose, I would guess the source or leak is not happy with this news org. Some are going to wonder about LE now and what happened and who was behind it. Hope the payment was enough... Not sure I even think that is what happened. So sick when there is a poor sweet dead child imo but some are more worried I would guess about payment or clicks or trying to "be someone" in the reporting world, or just messing with people's lives because they don't have one.?

There should be a retraction put out on all TV news tomorrow and all over the internet as well. Betcha it doesn't happen.

Jmo though.

For her phone. The info stated her phone was found in the car, but they said that information came from a warrant. Now they say that warrant doesn't exist, so we have no reason to believe her phone was found in the car.

Or do we have another source stating it was?

Pretty sure not.

I think the postal job was an old job.
I thought he also had a job in the past working at a hotel.

His current job was at a factory that made pharmaceuticals. Imo

He was working in the warehouse of pharmacy company for six months before Maleah went missing.

He had a mail route for about a year and after it ended Maleah was taken to the ER for being lethargic, then to have a big gash in her forehead sewn up and a week later to have surgery to remove a part of her skull. IIRC they were living with BB2 then.

So working in the hotel for when and for how long, I haven't seen or heard. He's twenty seven ( oh boo hoo Maleah won't be having anymore.) years old, has had three jobs that we know of , but only know the duration of two of them is about eighteen months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required