Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That they found blood in the hallway and bathroom is pretty strong evidence of this. I don't think he dismembered the body, but I guess you never know.
What is missing, as you say, pertains to when BB was aware that Maleah had died. I don't think she died in that hour and a half while she was in the apartment. I think DV got rid of the body shortly after she died. It doesn't make sense that he would hide the body in the home for three days, and wait until Friday to clean up the evidence. Not with the kids there and not with the risk of CPS or others dropping by at any time. And then of course there would be the smell of a dead body.

BB must have contacted him while she was away. The phone records will show how many times. She must have asked to speak to the kids, or at least asked how they were. He may have lied to her right up until the time of his arrest.
snipped by me

1. I was thinking/hoping this too, about the timing of her death. Most people would not want to spend any amount of time trapped in a small apartment with a corpse and would not want to risk their children old enough to ask questions discovering it.

BUT then the video of DV leaving the apartment with only the two boys on the morning of Thursday, May 2 was released. Why would he leave the apartment with just two of the kids, especially when on Tuesday he took Maleah along for the day care drop-off and then brought her home? I think if she had been alive on Thursday, he would have taken her along with them. The only other possibility I'm still considering is that Maleah was still alive but was seriously injured or impaired at that point so he knew he couldn't take her out without someone noticing her condition, so he left her home, probably suffering.

My other question, though, is why did he wait so long to do anything with the body? Why not take care of it on Thursday, when the two boys were at school? I *think* the answer might be that he had that general dump location over the state line already in mind (maybe also the kidnapping story), and knew he wouldn't get back in time to pick up the boys, thus raising questions about where he was.

I guess another possibility is that he's rather a procrastinating idiot and just thought he'd ignore the reality of Maleah's body until BB's return was imminent.

2. I think if she'd asked to speak to the kids while she was in MA, QX would have mentioned it while he was describing her reports of what went down that week. I think she was pretty used to letting DV worry about the kids (with whatever capacity for parental worry he has, I guess) and probably did not feel any desire to speak to them while she was away.

My keys stay with me. Even when I drive home to Fla. they have a copy of my house keys and car keys. Oddly enough, I got triple A cause I was always loosing my keys. Since then.....10 years, not once.
I too keep my keys with me. Bad experience once when I arrived home and the house sitter wasn't there to let me in (I had left her my house keys while I was gone). I ended up having to stuff my wide butt through the dog door. Now, I take my keys with me. :D

I too keep my keys with me. Bad experience once when I arrived home and the house sitter wasn't there to let me in (I had left her my house keys while I was gone). I ended up having to stuff my wide butt through the dog door. Now, I take my keys with me. :D

I've crawled through the door too. I have my keys with me at all times. Until I lock myself out of the house.

Yes, I believe the flight was at 4:30. That leaves about five extra hours of time that she wouldn't need to be at the airport.
So far we have not had an explanation for that. Imo

<modnsip>

Tim with EquuSearch was under the mistaken impression that her flight was at 4:30 and that is how this misinformation started.

Last edited by a moderator:
snipped by me

1. I was thinking/hoping this too, about the timing of her death. Most people would not want to spend any amount of time trapped in a small apartment with a corpse and would not want to risk their children old enough to ask questions discovering it.

BUT then the video of DV leaving the apartment with only the two boys on the morning of Thursday, May 2 was released. Why would he leave the apartment with just two of the kids, especially when on Tuesday he took Maleah along for the day care drop-off and then brought her home? I think if she had been alive on Thursday, he would have taken her along with them. The only other possibility I'm still considering is that Maleah was still alive but was seriously injured or impaired at that point so he knew he couldn't take her out without someone noticing her condition, so he left her home, probably suffering.

My other question, though, is why did he wait so long to do anything with the body? Why not take care of it on Thursday, when the two boys were at school? I *think* the answer might be that he had that general dump location over the state line already in mind (maybe also the kidnapping story), and knew he wouldn't get back in time to pick up the boys, thus raising questions about where he was.

I guess another possibility is that he's rather a procrastinating idiot and just thought he'd ignore the reality of Maleah's body until BB's return was imminent.

2. I think if she'd asked to speak to the kids while she was in MA, QX would have mentioned it while he was describing her reports of what went down that week. I think she was pretty used to letting DV worry about the kids (with whatever capacity for parental worry he has, I guess) and probably did not feel any desire to speak to them while she was away.
Good post.

I always wonder about him leaving with the two kids. I wonder about what could have possibly been going on with Maleah at the time?

If she was already deceased, the two boys were in the house with her (and the oldest boy would have information, then). Unless he managed to hide her and tell the boys she wasn't feeling well if they asked?

Boys that age wouldn't question why you wouldn't leave a 4 year old alone at home, they wouldn't understand it is wrong.

I know that BB has two half-siblings through her father - a brother I don't remember seeing mentioned in any media other than her father's obituary, and a sister who is the one who did the youtube interview.

Does she also have one or more half-siblings through her mother? Anybody know? If so have any of them said anything about Maleah?

Good post.

I always wonder about him leaving with the two kids. I wonder about what could have possibly been going on with Maleah at the time?

If she was already deceased, the two boys were in the house with her (and the oldest boy would have information, then). Unless he managed to hide her and tell the boys she wasn't feeling well if they asked?

Boys that age wouldn't question why you wouldn't leave a 4 year old alone at home, they wouldn't understand it is wrong.
I actually think a lot of 6-year-olds would know that a 4-year-old shouldn't be home alone. The brother just finished first grade (I believe), and I think a lot of kids have had that morning conversation where they don't want to go to school and the parents point out, "But I have to go to work!" and the kid's like, "I'll just stay here and watch TV!" and the parent laughs and is like NOPE, not happening.

However, I am willing to bet that THIS 6-year-old has seen some *advertiser censored*. I bet his understanding of normal household behavior and routines is pretty different than most children. He probably could have been talked into whatever DV wanted him to think or believe, especially if he is afraid of DV.

I still think that poor boy is probably a gold mine of information about the last year of Maleah's life.

I actually think a lot of 6-year-olds would know that a 4-year-old shouldn't be home alone. The brother just finished first grade (I believe), and I think a lot of kids have had that morning conversation where they don't want to go to school and the parents point out, "But I have to go to work!" and the kid's like, "I'll just stay here and watch TV!" and the parent laughs and is like NOPE, not happening.

However, I am willing to bet that THIS 6-year-old has seen some ****. I bet his understanding of normal household behavior and routines is pretty different than most children. He probably could have been talked into whatever DV wanted him to think or believe, especially if he is afraid of DV.

I still think that poor boy is probably a gold mine of information about the last year of Maleah's life.

I’m thinking to, that If questioned, DV could have said something like ‘the neighbor is gonna keep an eye on her’ or friend XYZ is on her way over to watch her and she’ll be here any minute, so we’ll go ahead a leave or we’ll be late for school....since MD is ‘sleeping’anyway!

Investigators say police got a search warrant to obtain Derion Vence’s phone records for three or four days prior to Maleah's disappearance, up until a few days after Vence was arrested. Why there is no murder charge in Maleah Davis case, according to police

I'd give anything to know what is in those records. That right there is going to be the key to finding his accomplice (drop at hospital and ditch car) and to explaining what QX meant by "disturbing" texts sent to Maleah's mother while gone.

Also on Sunday, community members will march from city hall to the Harris County Jail – where Vence sits on a $45,000 bond amount – to honor the girl. The march starts at city hall (901 Bagby) and will make its way to the jail.

The march will start at 7:54 a.m., the same time of day when Maleah was last seen alive, according to organizer Sheila Smith. Sunday proclaimed 'Maleah Davis Day' in Houston

Investigators say police got a search warrant to obtain Derion Vence’s phone records for three or four days prior to Maleah's disappearance, up until a few days after Vence was arrested. Why there is no murder charge in Maleah Davis case, according to police

I'd give anything to know what is in those records. That right there is going to be the key to finding his accomplice (drop at hospital and ditch car) and to explaining what QX meant by "disturbing" texts sent to Maleah's mother while gone.

Also on Sunday, community members will march from city hall to the Harris County Jail – where Vence sits on a $45,000 bond amount – to honor the girl. The march starts at city hall (901 Bagby) and will make its way to the jail.

The march will start at 7:54 a.m., the same time of day when Maleah was last seen alive, according to organizer Sheila Smith. Sunday proclaimed 'Maleah Davis Day' in Houston
You are so right about the phone records being the key....everyone he talked to and hopefully the narrative in his texts. All that will tell who knew and who was involved. jmo

I wonder if they have that information yet since they have the warrant. I'm not familiar with how long it takes the carrier to hand it over. It also makes me wonder if they're hoping for a more certain COD from the ME before they solidify charges.

I’m having a hard time believing she received ‘disturbing texts’ from DV while she was gone. For me, her actions, once she landed in Houston, DO NOT match for that to be true!

I’m having a hard time believing she received ‘disturbing texts’ from DV while she was gone. For me, her actions, once she landed in Houston, DO NOT match for that to be true!
Right. If she did get disturbing text why didn't she do do something about it then. Why did she wait around for 2hrs at airport for him to pick her up? , why not call 911 right away when her children were missing? Why wait around for missing persons to call you back? When her children were missing? Why didn't she insist on them taking action STAT?

Can someone please explain to me why "intent", or "lack of intent", is why a murder charge has not been brought against DV, or anyone, for that matter?

A child that is abused to the point of death has been murdered. What else do you need to know? Am I wrong in thinking that there is no intent in this type of scenario? Intent to me almost seems to be pre meditation.

In Canada, proof of murder is enough to bring a murder charge. We don't need a theory or have to prove a theory or intent. So long as there is proof of murder then the rest falls into place.

Help me understand. Thanks all.

What type of bond does DV have? Cash, Surety, Property? Is it still $45,000?
I ask because my former husband (deceased) was a criminal attorney in Dallas and Houston and I have seen bonds posted within a few days when friends or family were involved. 45,000 is a small bond amount and if it's a Surety bond the fee is normally 10%. Money is usually no object and I have seen wives, girlfriends, and parents all pool monies to post bond for someone.
I've thought it strange from the beginning no one has done that for DV. In fact it seems no one has rallied around this family at all. And trust me...the street knows what happened.

I've also wondered why he took her to Arkansas when Galveston is so much closer or lakes right there where he was. Was he just running scared? There are so many facts in this case and it still is so confusing. I think it's because of the ongoing concert of lies. Just stupid lies...all this seems so made up! HPD has to be on top of it...:eek::confused:o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place