Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought too, but then found out it was a 2 1/2 gallon can.
Maybe he got rid of one.
I would think he would have needed more than that to make the whole trip.

I found this. 2011 Altimas come with a 20 gallon tank.
If the car is in good running condition it could get 640 miles on the freeway and 460 in town. I think if he filled up in Houston + had 2.5 gallons in the can, he could make the round trip without going to a gas station.

If he did take gas with him for that reason, that shows he put some planning in this. moo

Used 2011 Nissan Altima Features & Specs | Edmunds

Attachments

• F71071FE-0150-4807-8D06-CBF31EC030A4.jpeg
    F71071FE-0150-4807-8D06-CBF31EC030A4.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 5
Here we go folks -- DV's new attorney is disputing everything that we know thus far:

“We know Quanell X as a community leader,” Harris County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Jason Spencer said. “When a community leader asks to visit an inmate, we generally allow it, as long as the inmate agrees to the visit.”

Quanell X claims that his visit with Vence — which Cotlar says happened around 9 a.m. — garnered a supposed confession.

“Quanell X completely misled my client,” Cotlar said. “I don’t know how he was able to get into the jail.”

“He said he was going to provide lawyers, that everything was going to be fine,” he said.

Cotlar added that details that Quanell X alleged to have learned from Vence did not happen.

“My client did not confess to Quanell. He did not use the word accident with Quanell,” Cotlar said. “I’m not sure why the DA’s Office and Texas Equusearch are giving validity to anything (Quanell) says.”

“Quanell makes his living off of reward money,” he continued.

Cotlar is the second attorney to represent Vence after Thomas Burton withdrew as counsel this week because the family could not pay for his services.

"It's too complex of a case to be working on for free," he said, adding that he was privately attained. He said he received some compensation, but it wasn't enough.

Burton also said that when he represented Vence, he told him not to speak to anyone. Burton also questioned Quanell X's role in the case.

"It certainly appears he's attempting to practice law without a license," Burton said.

Quanell X also told Vence that he was "going to be representing him," Cotlar said.

Vence was under the impression that his family had sent Quanell X after Burton withdrew and that Quanell X was taking over representation, according to Cotlar.

In a phone call, Quanell X said he was not representing Vence or his family at the time of his visit.

He said he went to see Vence at the jail because “I wanted to.”

“I felt like I needed to,” he said.

HPD: Child's remains found in bag on Arkansas roadside could be Maleah Davis
BBM -“My client did not confess to Quanell. He did not use the word accident with Quanell,” Cotlar said. “I’m not sure why the DA’s Office and Texas Equusearch are giving validity to anything (Quanell) says.”
-------------------------
Interesting. I think the defense is going to claim MD died from natural causes or previous injuries, not by accident.

I agree with DV's attorney. IMO - Q needs to stop all interviews and grandstanding. However, there is a body. So..is it possible that evidence collected from the body, the trash bag, and surrounding area will not be admissible? Perhaps. But, I highly doubt it. Also, this case has so much local publicity and outrage, I expect his attorney will request a change of venue.

IMO - of course.
I'm sure the evidence would be admissible. I'm not sure about his statements to Q, though. I think it's going to get very complicated. Imo

Here we go folks -- DV's new attorney is disputing everything that we know thus far:

“We know Quanell X as a community leader,” Harris County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Jason Spencer said. “When a community leader asks to visit an inmate, we generally allow it, as long as the inmate agrees to the visit.”

Quanell X claims that his visit with Vence — which Cotlar says happened around 9 a.m. — garnered a supposed confession.

“Quanell X completely misled my client,” Cotlar said. “I don’t know how he was able to get into the jail.”

“He said he was going to provide lawyers, that everything was going to be fine,” he said.

Cotlar added that details that Quanell X alleged to have learned from Vence did not happen.

“My client did not confess to Quanell. He did not use the word accident with Quanell,” Cotlar said. “I’m not sure why the DA’s Office and Texas Equusearch are giving validity to anything (Quanell) says.”

Cotlar is the second attorney to represent Vence after Thomas Burton withdrew as counsel this week because the family could not pay for his services.

"It's too complex of a case to be working on for free," he said, adding that he was privately attained. He said he received some compensation, but it wasn't enough.

Burton also said that when he represented Vence, he told him not to speak to anyone. Burton also questioned Quanell X's role in the case.

"It certainly appears he's attempting to practice law without a license," Burton said.

Quanell X also told Vence that he was "going to be representing him," Cotlar said.

Vence was under the impression that his family had sent Quanell X after Burton withdrew and that Quanell X was taking over representation, according to Cotlar.

In a phone call, Quanell X said he was not representing Vence or his family at the time of his visit.

So DV’s previous attorney Thomas Burton told DV not to talk to anyone - effectively cutting out a chance perhaps of DV telling someone where Maleah was located.

DV agreed to meet with QX. I wonder if DV knew that QX and BB has parted ways.

Sounds like QX seized an opportunity.

Hmmmm....

According to Harris County Sheriff /Jail site, inmates are not scheduled to receive public visitors on Thursday or Friday.

Except Attorneys are allowed to visit 24/7.

Not sure what grounds QX allowed visitation but I do believe QX meeting with DV was recorded.

Visitation is a privilege. Visits may be denied, revoked or limited when the visit would threaten safety, security or good order of the facility or when visitation rules are not followed. Visitation privileges may be suspended or terminated for inappropriate behavior or misuse of the visitation system. With the exception of privileged visits, visitation will be monitored by Detention personnel. It is a criminal act for a person to provide or possess with the intent to provide an inmate a prohibited substance or item (Texas Penal Code 38.11).

https://www.harriscountyso.org/jailinfo/inmate_info_inmate_visitation.aspx

Was the visit recorded and on record? I was thinking about this. First, I’m not taking up for Vence at all. What if all that was true that his attorney is saying about Q saying his family sent for him to represent him. What if DV is the one who was to clean everything up. Q would have easily got him to say where the body was by saying he’s going to represent him and that bigger charges will be filed and so on.

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Message from Maleah’s mom Brittany Bowens tonight. #maleahdavis
D78TnCsX4AAnZiX.jpg

9:25 PM - 31 May 2019 from Meadows Place, TX

Hmmmm....

According to Harris County Sheriff /Jail site, inmates are not scheduled to receive public visitors on Thursday or Friday.

Except Attorneys are allowed to visit 24/7.

Not sure what grounds QX allowed visitation but I do believe QX meeting with DV was recorded.

Visitation is a privilege. Visits may be denied, revoked or limited when the visit would threaten safety, security or good order of the facility or when visitation rules are not followed. Visitation privileges may be suspended or terminated for inappropriate behavior or misuse of the visitation system. With the exception of privileged visits, visitation will be monitored by Detention personnel. It is a criminal act for a person to provide or possess with the intent to provide an inmate a prohibited substance or item (Texas Penal Code 38.11).

https://www.harriscountyso.org/jailinfo/inmate_info_inmate_visitation.aspx
The HCSO spokesman said that they know QX as a community leader and generally allow visits as long as the inmate agrees to it. MOO

Looks like I should have fact checked after asking Alexa. My bad. Still, not an inconsequential drive.
Not only the distance but the route. Why did he go to Arkansas and why did he go over to Hwy 30. Did he have connections in Arkansas? And why did he go so far away only to leave the child beside a major highway.
After the incident today with the mowers, would she have been found today anyway without DVs giving them the location? Lots of questions...

I found this. 2011 Altimas come with a 20 gallon tank.
If the car is in good running condition it could get 640 miles on the freeway and 460 in town. I think if he filled up in Houston + had 2.5 gallons in the can, he could make the round trip without going to a gas station.

If he did take gas with him for that reason, that shows he put some planning in this. moo

Used 2011 Nissan Altima Features & Specs | Edmunds
Wow, good job! I wish I had a car like that.
I'm back to thinking that's what he used it for. It definitely points to premeditation. Imo

So DV’s previous attorney Thomas Burton told DV not to talk to anyone - effectively cutting out a chance perhaps of DV telling someone where Maleah was located.

DV agreed to meet with QX. I wonder if DV knew that QX and BB has parted ways.

Sounds like QX seized an opportunity.

I think this whole weeks turn of events is odd. Q parted with BB, DVs attorney parted with him. And then also hear something about the mowing people finding a foul smelling bag a few days ago. Weeeeird.

I agree with DV's attorney. IMO - Q needs to stop all interviews and grandstanding. However, there is a body. So..is it possible that evidence collected from the body, the trash bag, and surrounding area will not be admissible? Perhaps. But, I highly doubt it. Also, this case has so much local publicity and outrage, I expect his attorney will request a change of venue.

IMO - of course.

Yeah, to Arkansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members