TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Sugar Land, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MAY 29, 2019
Suspect's mother won't ask son for Maleah Davis whereabouts
Derion Vence remains the only person charged in connection to 4-year-old Maleah's disappearance.

Wednesday, his mother testified during a CPS hearing, saying she has specifically avoided asking her son if he knows where Maleah is.

[...]

Maleah's mother testified, saying after Vence was found at a Sugar Land hospital the next night, he gave her two different stories about how he got there.

[...]

Vence's mother also testified, saying she has only spoken to her son twice by phone since his arrest on May 11.

She hid from our cameras outside the courtroom, but inside court she said in those phone calls she has not asked her son for Maleah's whereabouts.

She says her son's defense attorney advised her not to bring it up.

We reached out to that attorney, Tom Burton, who tells us her statement is not accurate.

[...]

MAY 30, 2019
'Let us not forget': Maleah Davis still missing month after she disappeared
Thursday marks a month since the last time 4-year-old Maleah Davis was seen.

[...]

Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner marked the somber anniversary with a Facebook post, encouraging people to keep up the search.

“It has been weeks, but let us not forget about Maleah Davis,” Turner wrote. “The 4-year-old is still missing. Her loved ones need closure and everyone wants answers.”

Mayor Sylvester Turner

[...]

MAY 30, 2019
MALEAH DAVIS: Total reward jumps to $27,500 in her case
The reward for information in the Maleah Davis case is growing again.

As investigators are still working to follow tips nearly a month after the 4-year-old disappeared, Crime Stoppers announced Thursday evening up to $12,500 is on the table for anyone who can identify the suspect or suspects responsible.

The Crime Stoppers reward increase is not to be confused with up to $15,000 being offered for tips leading to the recovery of Maleah's body.

[...]

MAY 31, 2019
Where is little Maleah? Missing child captures city's attention
[...]

Her brothers, ages 2 and 6, unaware she is missing, remain with relatives. A judge barred Maleah’s mother and fiancé, Derion Vence from seeing them. On Wednesday, Vence’s 27th birthday, members of their shellshocked families testified in court for seven hours about the boys’ care.

Maleah Lynn Davis, born Feb. 6, 2015, was the middle of three children. She liked pink, preferred toy cars over dolls and called Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony her best friend, her mother, 26-year-old Brittany Bowens, told KHOU.

[...]

Davis in recent months sought to be involved in his kids’ lives, according to court testimony.

[...]

Vence delivered mail for 14 months in Rosharon, a small community in Brazoria County, until he left the postal service in August 2018 for undisclosed reasons, according to U.S. Postal Service records. He was also part of a company linked to several rap songs, including one on SoundCloud titled, “Murda Murda.”

Bowens and Vence had a younger child together. All five in recent months lived in an apartment complex in Alief, where two-bedroom, two-bath units are advertised for $890 a month.

[...]

Bowens completed a parenting class while Vence’s mother cared for the children. A caseworker wrote in records before they were given back to Bowens that the doctor “could not confirm whether or not injuries were caused by abuse.”

The children were returned to the couple at the Alief apartment in February and Maleah had follow-up surgery on her head, according to testimony Wednesday.

[...]

In court on Wednesday, Bowens recalled that CPS visited maybe two or three times after the children came back to live with her.

On April 8 — roughly eight weeks after the kids returned — the caseworker wrote that the agency sought to be dismissed from the case.

On April 11, Bowens’ father died. A former machine operator, he lived in Springfield, Massachusetts, according to his obituary.

[...]

Leaving for her four-day trip, however, she confronted Vence at the airport about feared infidelity and text messages he had exchanged with someone else, she told the judge.

[...]

He could not explain what happened over the next 24 hours. When he regained awareness, he said, Maleah was missing. Police initially said his story could be true, but then it began to fall apart.

[...]

The judge focused on the two children left behind. They had marked birthdays the week before in the care of other relatives. The youngest, who is with Vence’s mother, turned two on May 19. The older boy, who just finished first grade, turned six on May 21; he is living with his Davis’ sister.

Bowens told the judge she is not yet ready to care for the boys but wanted to visit. She thought about them daily, she said.

“I’m all they know,” she said.

Davis, who has his son’s first name tattooed on one arm and Bowens’ on another, wants custody of his son. Before that is decided, however, the boy will see a therapist, the judge ordered. The child saw his sister on the news, Davis said, but didn’t know what was happening.

[...]

Signs of trouble are there. The boy had a nightmare recently in his aunt’s home, sleeping in her bedroom while she slept on the couch, she told the judge.

He sat up repeatedly, with his eyes closed, shaking his head.

“No,” he screamed. “No.”

MAY 31, 2019
WATCH LIVE: Bag with 'foul odor' found in Maleah Davis search
Derion Vence claims Maleah Davis died in an accident before he dumped the little girl's body in Arkansas, he allegedly confessed to Quanell X on Friday morning.

The 4-year-old Houston girl has been missing for a month.

Quanell said he spoke with Vence, Maleah's stepfather, in a downtown Houston jail. Vence allegedly confessed that after the child died he dumped her body along Interstate 30 near Hope, Arkansas.

[...]

Around 2:45 p.m. Friday, investigators said they "found something" in Fulton, Ark. in the search for Maleah's body, according to CBS Shreveport. Fulton is about 18 miles from Hope.

Sheriff James Singleton with the Hempstead County Sheriff's Department said a black bag with a foul odor was located.

Sheriff Singleton said three days ago, a litter crew came through the area near exit 18 off of I-30 eastbound in Fulton. He said one employee noticed a trash bag with blood and worms on it, and supervisors told the employee to leave it alone. Singleton said it is not uncommon for people to leave dead animals in the area.

Singleton said when the crew returned Friday, apparently the mowing machine hit parts of the bag. He said state police and the FBI will gather evidence from the bag before getting in touch with Houston authorities.

Texas EquuSearch's Tim Miller said he is heading to Arkansas on a private flight Friday afternoon to help in the search. The sheriff in Hempstead County, near Hope, tells KHOU 11 he is ready to assist Houston authorities in the search.

0088ba83-2f84-4b46-acfa-d04a823a94e9_750x422.jpg

Eight deputies there are already driving slowly along I-30 searching for a trash bag that Vence allegedly confessed to dumping out of the car alongside the road. The Hempstead County Sheriff said authorities may fly Vence to Arkansas to help them locate the girl's remains.

MAY 31, 2019
Raw video: Texas Equssearch's Tim Miller on plan to search for Maleah Davis in Arkansas

Last edited:
MAY 31, 2019
Remains found near search scene for Maleah Davis in Arkansas, officials say
[...]

"He said that he pulled over in Arkansas, got out of the car, walked off the side of the road and dumped her body off the side of the road," Quanell X said.

[...]

Channel 2 Investigates attempted to speak with Vence's attorney, Dorian Cotlar, Friday following his meeting with the District Attorney's Office, however Cotlar did not want to comment on the case and drove away.

[...]

MAY 31, 2019
BREAKING: Quanell X says Derion Vence told him where Maleah’s body is

MAY 31, 2019
Quanell X called into HLN to speak on the Brittany Bowens situation. He made some stunning allegations in the Maleah Davis case including Derion Vence. From stating she was covering up for Derion Vence, to what happened as they were on the way to the airport. He also reveals some text messages Vence was sending to Brittany.

MAY 31, 2019
Maleah Davis: Blood, bones found in TRASH BAG in Arkansas after stepdad’s alleged confession
Police in Arkansas have found a black bag with bones and blood inside, amid their search for missing Houston 4-year-old Maleah Davis.

Although it’s unclear whether investigators found the remains of Maleah, a road crew found the bag emitting a “foul odor” around the area that 26-year-old Derion Vence allegedly said he dumped her at, in Hope, Arkansas.

Vence allegedly admitted earlier this morning that the little girl died, according to Quanell X, a community activist who was once the spokesperson for Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens.

Quanell told local news outlets that he met with Vence at the Houston jail, where Vence has remained since May 11 on tampering with evidence charges. According to Quanell, Vence said the child was indeed dead, but it was not intentional.

[...]

MAY 31, 2019
After admitting burial, missing girl's stepfather flown to search for body, police say
Remains have been found in southwest Arkansas Friday in the search for missing 4-year-old Houston girl Maleah Davis.

Hempstead County Sheriff James Singleton says the remains were found along I-30 near Fulton after a mowing crew found a black garbage bag emitting a foul odor, KTAL and KMSS reported.

Searchers were sent to Arkansas Friday to look for a Davis after a community activist said the man arrested in connection with her disappearance confessed he disposed of her body there.

[...]

Stepfather of missing Texas girl allegedly confesses to dumping body in Arkansas
[...]

The Hempstead County Sheriff's Office confirmed that they were alerted of the situation at 1:20 p.m. on Friday. They are assisting with the search in the Hope area. Houston Police Homicide Detectives are also heading to Arkansas to assist in the search.

MAY 31, 2019
MALEAH DAVIS: Unknown remains found amid search in Arkansas, sources say
[...]

Quanell said he met earlier in the day with Vence, who has been behind bars since May 11. Among the key details shared with reporters, Quanell said Maleah is dead as a result of an accident. He did not specify how she died.

"All I can say is he told me it was an accident, and that she is dead and where he dumped her body," Quanell said.

Quanell met with reporters in a southwest Houston parking lot where he also met with Texas EquuSearch and detectives about what Vence told him.

Quanell withheld where he was told the body was dumped, only to say it was somewhere in Arkansas. He added that Vence was specific about the "distance and time" of the body's location.

"He said he pulled over in Arkansas, got out of the car, walked off the side of the road, and dumped her body off the side of the road," Quanell said.

Quanell also revealed that Maleah's body was dumped there "early on," possibly indicating shortly after when the girl was first reported missing. The time of her death was not indicated.

[...]

MAY 31, 2019
EXCLUSIVE: Quanell X gives details of Derion Vence confession
[...]

“I was able by God's grace to visit Derion,” Quanell said. “He voiced his concerns about how he was being portrayed in the media. He was upset with Brittany. He thought he acted as more of a father.”

Vence told Quanell that he spent more time with the children than Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens. He believed she wasn't a good mom.

When it came to a motive, Quanell thinks Vence snapped because Bowens found out he was having an affair.

“I asked him, 'Are you a cold-blooded murderer?' He said it was an accident ... He wanted to make it clear everything he was doing for the children by himself.

[...]

Quanell also described the hurt he felt with Vence's demeanor as he interviewed him.

“What hurt me [is] he had no remorse. He had no feelings of regret ... and I can't stop crying. I had to stop myself from crying because he was so cold in this discussion with me. He cared more about what people think about him, than what he did with Maleah. There was no remorse.”

[...]

“I'm a father. I have daughters,” Quanell said. “It was hard standing by Brittany's side, but I had to do what I had to do to make sure I could find out everything - what happened to Maleah and where is she.”

Quanell said he learned early in the case that Bowens helped cover up abuse at the hands of the Vence on more than one occasion.

[...]

“In talking with Derion, he was cold He had a cold spirit, almost like I don't care spirit. That's the part I expected emotions and remorse, there is none.”

MAY 31, 2019
Search for missing 4-year-old Maleah heads for Arkansas after reported confession
[...]

"He said that he pulled over in Arkansas, got out of the car, walked to the side of the road, and dumped the body off the road."

Authorities haven't identified the contents of the black garbage bag in Fulton, aside from the fact that it contained blood and worms and had a foul odor.

Deputies were searching near the city of Hope, but arrived at Fulton after contacting a road crew that contracts with the county for leads. The bag was found near exit 18 of Interstate 30.

"One of the machines hit the bag and tore it open," Singleton said.

Some of the bag's contents scattered.

"It's over an area," he said.

[...]

MAY 31, 2019
BREAKING: Remains found in search for missing Houston girl
As police in Houston prepare for a news briefing with an update in the Maleah Davis case, Hempstead County Sheriff James Singleton confirms remains have been found in southwest Arkansas in the search for the missing girl.

Singleton says the discovery was made along I-30 near Fulton after a mowing crew found a black garbage bag emitting a foul odor.

Local, state and federal authorities converged on the area off of I-30 and cordoned off the Exit 18 eastbound on-ramp with police tape, where the focus of the search appeared to intensify shortly after 2 p.m. Friday.

The search comes after civil rights activist Quanell X revealed at a news conference Friday morning that the girl's stepfather Derion Vence told him that 4-year-old Maleah's death was an accident and that he had confessed to dumping her body from an exit ramp somewhere in Arkansas.

[...]

MAY 31, 2019
'Maleah Davis didn't have to die' | For Quanell X, this case is personal
During a news conference Friday, Quanell wiped away tears after telling reporters that Vence Derion admitted Maleah is dead and that he dumped her body in Arkansas.

"Maleah didn’t have to die. That little girl did not have to die,” Quanell later told KHOU 11. “That child was being physically abused and physically tortured in that house and they were covering it up. It's a damn shame that her mother chose her mate over her own daughter."

For Quanell, this case is personal because he has a 6-year-old daughter.

"Every time I looked at Maleah, I thought about my little girl."

[...]

MAY 31, 2019
Investigators think they may have found human remains in search for missing Houston 4-year-old girl
[...]

Quanell X would not give any other details about how the girl died, or where in Arkansas her body was dumped. But he said the description of the location was accurate.

"He was very specific with the amount of distance and time. When I was able to leave and look it up on my phone, he was to the point on the distance and time, " said Quanell X.

"He said that he pulled over in Arkansas, got out of the car, walked to the side of the road, and dumped the body off the road."

Authorities haven't identified the contents of the black garbage bag in Fulton, aside from the fact that it contained blood and worms and had a foul odor.

Deputies were searching near the city of Hope, but arrived at Fulton after contacting a road crew that contracts with the county for leads. The bag was found near exit 18 of Interstate 30.

"One of the machines hit the bag and tore it open," Singleton said.

Some of the bag's contents scattered.

"It's over an area," he said.

[...]

MAY 31, 2019
'Derion snapped': Quanell X believes after jailhouse talk that suspect punched Maleah Davis
[...]

"Derion snapped," Quanell told anchor Chauncy Glover.

In a 15-minute interview, which you can watch in the video above, Quanell said Vence told him he felt overwhelmed because he took care of Maleah and his other kids 90 percent of the time. The girl's mother, Brittany Bowens, was not there.

According to Quanell, Vence said Bowens was headed out of town when she called and accused him of being gay. Quanell said that this what Vence said set him off.

"He was angry with Brittany and he was very agitated with Brittany about her discovering him, sending these pictures of his private parts to another man and she calling him gay and saying that she was giving a ring back to him that drove him over the edge," Quanell said.

Bowens has denied claims of knowing about prior abuse or covering it up.

Quanell's talk with Vence produced pertinent information for police.

According to Quanell, Vence admitted to him putting Maleah's body in a trash bag, putting the bag in the trunk and then driving to Hope, where he dumped the bag in a wooded area.

[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966