TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Sugar Land, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUN 1, 2019
Could Derion Vence's alleged confession hurt Maleah Davis case?
KPRC legal analyst Brian Wice says Quanell X's interview with the media about the confession Maleah Davis' stepfather, Derion Vence, allegedly made to him could hurt the case rather than help him get a stiffer sentence.

Q: Why do you think Quanell X's discussion about Vence's alleged confession of dumping the body of Maleah Davis could hurt the case?

Wice: Because if a judge concludes it was not a voluntary confession, it won't be admitted into court and the jury won't be able to use it. If the judge concludes it was a voluntary confession, that it will be allowed into court.

[...]

I wonder if QX represented himself as a lawyer? Or, did not make it clear that he was NOT a lawyer?

MAY 31, 2019
HPD: Child remains, clothes found in Arkansas 'lead us to believe it is Maleah'
A plane carrying Houston Police detectives and Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller brought back remains of a child believed to be Maleah Davis, investigators said.

However, DNA tests are needed to confirm that suspicion.

“It was a sight you wouldn’t want anybody to see,” Miller said.

[...]

HPD detectives flew in based on a tip.

“There are some personal effects that lead us to believe it is Maleah,” Sgt. Mark Holbrook, an HPD detective, told KHOU 11 News.

[...]

Sheriff James Singleton immediately sent eight deputies to check it out.

[...]

After an hour of searching, Hempstead County deputies, Arkansas State Police and Arkansas Game and Fish officers got word that a crew picking up litter found a garbage bag covered in blood and worms 12 miles south. The crew found it three days ago, reported it to a supervisor but left it, according to Sheriff Singleton.

Before investigators found it, a separate crew mowing tall grass in the area ran over the bag.

HPD detectives know that the remains belong to a child. However, they could not confirm that it is Maleah until Harris County medical examiners run DNA tests.

The clothes, jewelry and clues around the bag were enough, though, for Hempstead County’s coroner to allow the remains to be flown back to Houston.

Miller, who paid for the plane that carried authorities and the remains, has no doubts it is Maleah.

[...]

Oh my Lord. I wish I hadn't read that. I just heard she'd been found, a few minutes ago. Bless her little heart. How can either of them live with themselves?

JUN 2, 2019
Maleah Davis' tragic, tumultuous life -- and mysterious death - CNN
A little girl with a gap-toothed smile and curly pigtails walked into a Houston apartment in a pink tutu a month ago -- never to be seen again.

Maleah Davis was in the care of her mother's boyfriend, Derion Vence, when she was captured on surveillance video following him into the home they all shared on April 30.

After weeks of agonizing twists and turns, human remains believed to belong to the 4-year-old were found in Arkansas and taken to Houston for an autopsy Saturday. If confirmed, it'll finally end the long search for the little girl. The mystery surrounding her last few days, however, lingers.

[...]

MAY 31, 2019
Derion Vence's father speaks about his son's alleged confession
JV Sr., Derion Vence’s father, told KPRC 2 Friday afternoon that he hadn’t heard about his son’s reported confession to community activist Quanell X.

“No, I haven’t heard that. But how was he (Quanell) able to talk to Derion? He’s not his attorney,” JV Sr. said.

[...]

CH, a friend of DD, Maleah’s aunt, told KPRC 2 that after she heard about Vence’s reported confession on social media, she was compelled to visit the southwest Houston apartment where the child lived to offer her condolences.

“It feels like it all started over again, the feelings,” Hannon said.

[...]

DD took to social media earlier in the day, writing on Facebook, that her heart is completely shattered and feels like it literally is broken in half.

[...]

JUN 2, 2019
http://www.click2houston.com/news/qa-whats-to-come-next-in-maleah-davis-case
[...]

Q: When will the autopsy be?

A: The identification process of the remains began on Saturday and it is still underway.

[...]

Q: What did they find in Arkansas?

A: A black plastic bag with remains of a child and clothing.

Q: Will Vence's criminal charge be upgraded?

A: Legal analyst Brian Wice says, "Assuming that these are little Maleah's remains, what will happen in the short term is he, the defendant, will be charged with capital murder, and he can be held without bond."

Q: When is Vence's next court date?

A: His next court date appearance is scheduled on July 10 at 9 a.m.

Q: Has Maleah Davis mother, Brittany Bowen, been charged?

A: No charges have been filed against her.

JUN 3, 2019
Video shows Derion Vence, suspect in Maleah Davis' disappearance, holding her on her 4th birthday
Happy, innocent, angelic - all terms 4-year-old Maleah Davis has been referred to since her disappearance over a month ago.

In this video taken by Maleah's mother on her most recent birthday, the little girl is held by Derion Vence, the suspect in her disappearance.

As they sing "Happy Birthday" to Maleah, Vence holds her close and appears to be smiling while singing along and helping her blow out her birthday cake candles.

[...]

JUN 2, 2019
'I think it’s going to be impossible' to determine Maleah's cause of death, EquuSearch founder says
Medical examiners still haven’t formally identified the child’s body found in Arkansas on Friday, but Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller says he’s sure it’s Maleah.

[...]

“It was a gruesome sight. It was a terrible sight to see. It took hours gathering up body party and evidence,” said Miller. “I think it’s going to match some clothing and other things there that was found. I think I’m 99.9 percent.”

[...]

“They’re doing an autopsy to determine the cause of death. I think it’s going to be impossible,” said Miller.

The image he can’t shake is seeing a little pink barrette among the remains thrown out like trash.

[...]

JUN 2, 2019
'I think it’s going to be impossible' to determine Maleah's cause of death, EquuSearch founder says
Medical examiners still haven’t formally identified the child’s body found in Arkansas on Friday, but Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller says he’s sure it’s Maleah.

[...]

“It was a gruesome sight. It was a terrible sight to see. It took hours gathering up body party and evidence,” said Miller. “I think it’s going to match some clothing and other things there that was found. I think I’m 99.9 percent.”

[...]

“They’re doing an autopsy to determine the cause of death. I think it’s going to be impossible,” said Miller.

The image he can’t shake is seeing a little pink barrette among the remains thrown out like trash.

[...]

I can't imagine. Heartless.

JUN 2, 2019
Legal analyst weighs in on Vence's alleged confession in the Maleah Davis case
[...]

FOX 26 senior legal analyst Chris Tritico weighs in on the case and what part this confession has to play in a trial.

[...]

"Many times confessions are not taped, someone just says 'this is what he said to me', and the jury has to weigh the credibility of the evidence," he said. "I believe that as soon as the coroner says this is Maleah, they're going to charge him with capital murder."

However, it isn't guaranteed that Vence's confession will have the opportunity to prove his guilt. If it turns out that Quanell X was sent by law enforcement, the defense could file a motion to suppress the whole story, and exclude the confession from trial.

JUN 3, 2019
What's next for the Maleah Davis case?
Houston police are moving forward with their investigation into the killing of Maleah Davis after the body found last week in Arkansas was confirmed to be the 4-year-old girl.

[...]

The Harris County District Attorney's Office is looking to file murder charges against Vence, spokesman Dane Schiller said.

"Prosecutors continue their review and are working with Houston Police," he said in a text. "Additional charges would be filed as the evidence supports doing so. We remain focused on finding the truth and delivering justice for Maleah."

[...]

JUN 1, 2019
'Derion snapped': Quanell X believes after jailhouse talk that suspect punched Maleah Davis
[...]

"Derion snapped," Quanell told anchor Chauncy Glover.

In a 15-minute interview, which you can watch in the video above, Quanell said Vence told him he felt overwhelmed because he took care of Maleah and his other kids 90 percent of the time. The girl's mother, Brittany Bowens, was not there.

According to Quanell, Vence said Bowens was headed out of town when she called and accused him of being gay. Quanell said that is what Vence said set him off.

"He was angry with Brittany and he was very agitated with Brittany about her discovering him, sending these pictures of his private parts to another man and she calling him gay and saying that she was giving a ring back to him that drove him over the edge," Quanell said.

[...]

JUN 3, 2019
Houston Police on Twitter
Statement from Chief @ArtAcevedo regarding the identification of #MaleahDavis' remains. #HouNews
D8JgOn0XUAAYdKP.jpg

10:57 AM - 3 Jun 2019

HLN on Twitter
VIDEO: The remains of 4-year-old Maleah Davis have been found in Arkansas. Houston activist Quanell X tells @LynnSmithTV about the jailhouse conversation that helped lead police to her body and why he believes infidelity was the spark that triggered this terrible chain of events.
12:31 PM - 3 Jun 2019

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Remains found in Arkansas identified as 4-year-old Maleah Davis
5:48 PM - 3 Jun 2019

Video with Tim Miller who tells about buying a unicorn blanket to wrap Maleah in for the trip back from Arkansas. Ivory Hecker reports that DV's atty filed a motion to get funding for a PI.

JUN 3, 2019
Houston's baby: City Hall to turn lights pink to honor Maleah Davis Sunday
Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner announced Monday that City Hall will turn its lights pink on June 9 to honor the life of 4-year-old Maleah Davis.

Turner said pink was Maleah's favorite color.

[...]

Read Turner's full statement below:

"My heart is heavy this afternoon upon hearing the medical examiner has positively identified the remains found in Arkansas last week as four-year-old Maleah Davis.

"Maleah was a sweet, beautiful, and innocent little girl who deserved a chance to enjoy life just like any other child. She belonged to our community, and we share a collective grief.

(continued at the link)

JUN 3, 2019
Houston area shares 'a collective grief' after remains identified as those of Maleah Davis
On the flight back to Houston, the police investigators sat in silence beside an ice cooler from a nearby Walmart in Arkansas, once empty but now carrying the remains of a little girl whom they believed to be Maleah Davis.

The travelers wouldn’t officially know it was the missing 4-year-old until they received results from an autopsy, but they were almost certain. While gathering human remains scattered along Interstate 30 earlier Friday night, authorities had picked up a small, pink hair barrette. They also found remnants of colorful pajamas, shredded by a lawn mower that ran over the small body tucked inside a garbage bag discarded on the side of the road.

Police didn’t want Maleah to return to Texas in a black bag, just as she’d left the state, said Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller, who was on the flight with detectives. After placing the body in one bag and reinforcing it with a second one, they covered the corpse with a unicorn blanket before closing the cooler’s lid.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back