TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Sugar Land, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Quanell X says family member of Derion Vence knew details of where Maleah Davis' remains were
[...]

“I believe that Derion has to be charged with murder,” he said. “He has to be charged with taking the life of young Maleah and held absolutely accountable for that. This man had no remorse. None whatsoever when I sat down and talked to him. I believe that Brittany has to be held accountable also. Brittany helped cover up abuse and I think she has to look at the bigger picture. Your child lost her life because as a mother you failed to protect that baby.”

But X also says there is another person that knew about where Maleah’s remains were.

“I believe that there is one family member of Derion who I’ve already told them who I believe this family member is, from my conversations with that particular family member also, that he knew where the body was placed, and that he helped hide Derion out from authorities so they couldn’t speak to him. And I believe he knew about the whereabouts of where Maleah was,” X said.

[...]

JUN 3, 2019
MALEAH DAVIS: What happens to reward money to find 4-year-old?
[...]

Neither organization has distributed any reward money.

Crime Stoppers of Houston tells ABC13 that it has not determined whether anyone is eligible for the reward. It has a policy that community activists are not eligible. If nobody is rewarded the money from Crime Stoppers, the fund stays active for one year.

After that, donors who contributed to the fund can ask for their money back, and it will be refunded.

HPD tells ABC13 that it has not determined who may be eligible for its reward of $15,000.

A spokesman says Chief Art Acevedo will be taking his time to evaluate the situation thoroughly, and to make sure every aspect of the investigation is taken into consideration.

[...]

JUN 3, 2019
Memorial in Arkansas grows for Maleah Davis
A memorial in Arkansas for Maleah Davis is growing as people continue to leave flowers and messages along the road where she was found.

[...]

Sheriff Singleton said there will be a memorial service for Maleah at 10 a.m. Saturday at the exit 18 truck stop in Fulton.

“We just hope this little memorial will serve as a reminder to people that children are precious. They are God's children,” Sheriff Singleton said.

JUN 3, 2019
City Hall to light up pink for Sunday's 'Walk with Maleah'
[...]

"Walk with Maleah" is what Smith is calling the event.

She hopes hundreds will join her and Maleah's family Sunday outside of city hall at 7:54 a.m., the very last time Maleah was believed to be seen alive on surveillance. She was following behind Derion Vence in her pink tutu.

Pink was Maleah's favorite color, and it's the shade that Smith hopes everyone will wear in the child's honor Sunday.

The city of Houston is on board with this event. The mayor says they plan to light up city hall pink in honor of the 4-year-old.

They will walk from there to the jail, and Smith told ABC13 they plan to have all children shout Maleah's name over and over in hopes that Derion Vence, who is still jailed there, will hear.

[...]

Lane Luckie on Twitter
MEMORIAL FOR MALEAH: Service, bubble release, walk planned this weekend in memory of 4-year-old #MaleahDavis https://bit.ly/2MrYg4a
• Saturday, 10 AM
• Red River Truck Stop
• Hwy. 355 S; Fulton, AR
D8NIC0XXYAA41m-.jpg

6:00 AM - 4 Jun 2019

Memorial set Saturday for the late Maleah Davis
  • A memorial at 10 a.m. Saturday will honor the life of 4-year-old Maleah.
  • Held at the Red River Truck Stop at Exit 18 off Interstate 30 at Fulton, Ark.
  • The event also will include a walk and a balloon release.

JUN 4, 2019
'She didn't deserve that': Maleah Davis' mom talks with ABC13 about reality of daughter's death
[...]

Bowens was told over the phone Monday that the remains belonged to Maleah.

"I think at that moment that's when reality hit, that it was her, in that bag, sitting along that street," a distraught Bowens told ABC13.

Bowens reflected on how her daughter was found.

"It's not fair. It's not fair at all. I just, I just don't understand this. It's not fair, because she didn't deserve that," Bowens added.

[...]

Marcelino Benito on Twitter
So many people touched by #MaleahDavis including children coming to terms with the fact that little Maleah is no longer here. Can’t imagine how you explain to a child what this little girl endured. #KHOU11 #HtownRush #JusticeforMaleah
D8QACL2W4AEXHNo.jpg

5:12 PM - 4 Jun 2019

Marcelino Benito on Twitter
HEADS UP: If you plan to drop off a bear for #MaleahDavis, bears will be collected and saved in a safe place until her memorial service. Bears will then go to children in crisis situations. Your gesture will help show Maleah love & so many other kids too. #KHOU11 #HTownRush
D8QIKPkXUAAnGi3.jpg

5:48 PM - 4 Jun 2019

'I ain't no killer' Derion Vence denies killing Maleah Davis
Derion Vence, the primary suspect connected to the death of Maleah Davis, spoke in an exclusive jailhouse interview with ABC13's Chauncy Glover. He tearfully denied killing the 4-year-old girl.

"I ain't no killer, bro," Vence said. "Chauncy, I loved Maleah so much. I did for her more than her own parents. I never had a biological daughter. I would never do anything to hurt her. That's not me. Ask anyone who knows me, and they'll tell you I'm not that type of dude and I was good with the kids."

[...]

He went on to say that he spent his 27th birthday in jail.

"I should be home with my family. With Maleah, the kids and Brittany, cooking dinner and watching Netflix," Vence said.

When Chauncy asked him about Maleah's death he said she didn't suffer.

"Nothing bad happened to Maleah," Vence said.

[...]

JUN 4, 2019
Quanell X: One of Derion Vence's family members knew where Maleah's body was dumped
[...]

“I know what she went through, the torturous abuse…it’s too hard to go back there right now,” said community activist Quanell X.

Quanell X said he's not mentally ready to see that apartment. He believes Maleah's mom needs to be held accountable for her role in ignoring her daughter's abuse and said Derion Vence isn't the only one who knew where Maleah's body was dumped.

“I do believe one other person knew,” Quanell X said.

Quanell said it's one of Vence’s family members, and prosecutors know.

[...]

JUN 4, 2019
Here's what Quanell X said about his role in the Maleah Davis case
[...]

Sources told KPRC2 the new defense team wants to know if Quanell was working with detectives before he met with Vence. Defense attorneys are now subpoenaing records from Quanell X’s cellphone carrier, asking for “incoming and outgoing phone calls as well as text message records” from May 20 to June 3.

Here's what Quanell had to say about the developments:

KPRC2 investigative reporter Robert Arnold: "Did you speak with investigators prior to meeting with Derion Vence at the jail?"

Quanell: “I never spoke to them until he confessed. I never spoke with investigators about if I was going to talk to him, or visit him, none of that.”

[...]

Arnold: "You stated Derion told you what happened to Maleah was an accident."

Quanell: “That's a kinder, gentler way of admitting that you did something to this child. I believe that what he did was deliberate."

[...]

Arnold: "Are you concerned his confession may be suppressed?"

Quanell: “No, not really. I say to the lawyer, 'Get ready because I'll be well prepared to defend what he said to me.'”

[...]

JUN 4, 2019
Quanell X Reveals Shocking Details About Maleah Davis Case [AUDIO]
[...]

“When she admitted that he was beating that baby with a belt when she was sick, I said, ‘Brittany, he whipped that baby when she was sick?’ She said, ‘Yes’,” Quanell tells Hatta.

He continued, “How could you knowing this man was whipping your daughter was sick, knowing this man beat her so bad one time that she had to go to the emergency room but you chose not to and he talked you out of it … you got all of this madness that he’s done to this child but yet you leave your baby with this man?”

In regards to CPS, QX says that CPS could not determine between Bowens or Vence as to who caused Maleah’s bodily injuries and that both Bowens and Vence were blocking Maleah’s biological dad access to see his daughter for fear he would see her injuries.

[...]

JUN 5, 2019
Derion Vence ordered to undergo mental health assessment, court documents reveal
A new court document filed Wednesday shows Derion Vence has been ordered to undergo a mental health assessment.

The document says a qualified mental health professional staff of the Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD is ordered to collect information "to determine whether the Defendant has a mental illness...or is a person with an intellectual disability..."

[...]

Legal expert Gerald Treece said having Maleah's body helps prosecutors build a tougher case against Maleah's stepdad Derion Vence.

"I'll give you a guarantee, that child didn't kill herself or carry herself to Arkansas," Treece said. "He will be charged with first-degree murder, and they'll ask for the death penalty. It'll be a capital murder case."

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle
Back