TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Sugar Land, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUN 7, 2019
Derion Vence's alleged mistress speaks out, Quannel X reacts
[...]

That woman is telling us she met Derion Vence online about a year ago, and that despite the fact that Vence was engaged to Brittany Bowens, the mother of Maleah Davis, they carried on an intimate relationship. She claims Vence was hesitant about leaving Bowens because he didn’t think she was a good parent, so in April they decided to just remain friends.

[...]

She says she didn’t have any contact with Derion Vence during the time Maleah Davis was missing. Now that he is the only person charged in the case, his former mistress believes he is innocent of harming Maleah, placing the blame on Maleah’s mom, Brittany Bowens.

[...]

Quanell X spoke with the former mistress multiple times before he obtained a confession from Vence and the location of Maleah’s body. The confession is something the former mistress is suspicious about.

[...]

"Well I know Derion isn't gay. For a fact he puts females' numbers under guys' numbers so Brittany won't find them," says the mistress.

She says she met Derion over a year ago on the "Tagged" social website, but Maleah's mom Brittany found Derion's profile about a year ago.

"Brittany one time had messaged me on this website and threatened me," she said. "She says, 'Well, I can meet you in public and **** you up real quick.'"

That's when she allegedly asked Derion to change her name in his phone.

"I told Derion, 'You've got my number. Put it under a guy's number so Brittany doesn't know it's me,'" she said.

She said they continued the affair up until late April.

[...]

She says she write Derion to tell him how he's being portrayed in the news. She cancelled a meeting with detectives about the case because of a threat to arrest her.

Police tell FOX 26 there are felony warrants out for her arrest for crimes in other states.

Alleged mistress of Derion Vence breaks her silence

JUN 6, 2019
The City of Houston is designating June 9 as Maleah Davis Day.

The city issued the proclamation to honor the 4-year-old whose remains were found in Arkansas last week, one month after her disappearance.

D8Z37p3WwAEbhUZ.jpg

Mayor Sylvester Turner approved a request earlier this week to turn the Houston City Hall lights pink – her favorite color – on Sunday.

“Just as the light will shine in her memory, we must continue to shine a light on the horrific circumstances that lead to her death and make a promise to protect all children in our community," Turner said in a statement.

[...]
Adding link to above article:

June 9 designated as 'Maleah Davis Day' in Houston

JUN 7, 2019
A Walk with Maleah: Mourners will gather downtown Sunday to remember Maleah Davis
[...]

The event runs from 7:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. The walk will go from Houston City Hall to the Harris County Jail. It will take participants east on McKinney to San Jacinto, then north on San Jacinto to the jail, where there will be a moment of silence.

The walk will then go back to City Hall, going south on Fannin to Walker, then west on Walker back to City Hall, where there will be a bubble release.

[...]

JUN 8, 2019
Community gathers to remember Maleah Davis
MTXMVEJSSVFDBJS63UGGOOCB7U.JPG

A memorial for Maleah Davis is being held today, Sat. June 8, in Fulton, Arkansas. It started at 10 a.m. at the Red River Truck Stop, at Exit 18, off of Interstate 30.

A walk and balloon release also took place before the vigil.

[...]

KHOU 11 News Houston on Twitter
Watch live: Community vigil held for #MaleahDavis in Hope, Arkansas
10:06 AM - 8 Jun 2019

Javonti Thomas on Twitter
VIDEO: Such a beautiful sight in a dark time. Dozens of people gathering together in unity to honor Maleah Davis. Investigators found her body in a trash bag along I-30 last week.
10:22 AM - 8 Jun 2019

JUN 8, 2019
Hundreds attend community vigil for Maleah Davis in Arkansas
[...]

Saturday's vigil started around 10 a.m. at the Red River Truck Stop off of Interstate 30. A walk and balloon release also took place.

News of the service comes after Houston authorities confirmed that her body was discovered in a trash bag along I-30 in Hempstead County.

A memorial has since been growing along the stretch of road where she was found.

Several community members spoke at the service and most of those in attendance wore pink in honor of the little girl.

[...]

Last edited:
KPRC 2 Houston on Twitter
Love from another state: Hundreds wear pink, pay tribute to Maleah Davis in Arkansas
D8km71lXYAIE9hr.jpg

5:15 PM - 8 Jun 2019

Love from another state: Hundreds wear pink, pay tribute to Maleah Davis in Arkansas
Maleah Davis has touched the hearts of many across the country and communities are making sure she is not forgotten.

Hundreds gathered in Arkansas to pay tribute to the 4-year-old and wore pink, which was Maleah's favorite color. The memorial was held at 10 a.m. at the site where her remains were discovered May 31 near Hope, Arkansas. Residents also walked and held a balloon release.

[...]

JUN 9. 2019
Maleah Davis Day: City Hall lit up pink to honor 4-year-old girl
view
Beginning the official 'Maleah Davis Day' in Houston, City Hall was lit up pink -- Maleah's favorite color.

[...]

Collin Myers ABC13 on Twitter
God showing off with a pink sunrise for #Maleah this morning. Houston
1f497.png
’s you. We won’t forget you. @abc13houston
D8nYeBNWkAAEdTP.jpg

6:10 AM - 9 Jun 2019

Claudia Ramos on Twitter
Translated from Spanish by Microsoft
Meet at Houston City Hall for a ceremony in honor of #MaleahDavis this planned a hike to Harris #DearMaleah #Houston County Jail
D8nt3oSU8AAB8qw.jpg

7:44 AM - 9 Jun 2019

JUN 9, 2019
Wear Pink Today. It's Maleah Davis Day | NewsRadio 740 KTRH
Everyone in Houston is encouraged to wear pink on Sunday in honor of four-year-old Maleah Davis.

[...]

City Hall will be bathed in pink lights this evening.

Pink was the child’s favorite color.

City of Houston on Twitter
VIDEO: Mayor Turner brings comforting remarks at a memorial ceremony for #MaleahDavis at City Hall. #WalkforMaleah
7:47 AM - 9 Jun 2019

Mary Benton on Twitter
Pink is the color of the day as people arrive to honor Maleah Davis. Mayor @SylvesterTurner, who has proclaimed this Maleah Davis Day in @HoustonTX, will speak and join the march in memory of the 4-year-old starting at city hall this morning.
D8nuaijW4AA8K-e.jpg
D8nuah-XsAAbI6K.jpg
D8nuaifUEAA6CYs.jpg
D8nuah8XkAEUYl1.jpg

7:47 AM - 9 Jun 2019

Charly Edsitty on Twitter
A large crowd all dressed in pink has gathered in the front of #Houston city hall where a walk for #MaleahDavis is set to begin at 7:54am. https://abc13.com/community-events/city-hall-to-light-up-pink-for-sundays-walk-with-maleah/5328657/ …
D8ntWV6UwAAi_rm.jpg
D8ntWVZXkAAFOvG.jpg
D8ntWVZXUAELGQw.jpg
D8ntWV5UEAAXf7i.jpg

7:41 AM - 9 Jun 2019

Maleah’s biological father Craig is at the walk and just briefly addressed the crowd. Mayor Sylvester Turner and Chief Art Acevedo are also here.
7:48 AM - 9 Jun 2019

“Maleah was our baby.” — Mayor @SylvesterTurner, speaking at a walk in honor of #MaleahDavis. City hall to turn pink tonight in honor of the 4yo girl.
7:50 AM - 9 Jun 2019

The crowd erupts in cheers as Mayor Turner proclaims June 9th as #MaleahDavisday.
7:51 AM - 9 Jun 2019

Mayor Turner and Chief @ArtAcevedo join family and community supporters marching in memory of Maleah Davis this morning. https://twitter.com/houstontx/status/1137706463521099781 …
D8n0PrzVsAE7K75.jpg
D8n0PrxUcAQMR5B.jpg
D8n0PszXUAE53qb.jpg
D8n0PsAUIAAD-Yi.jpg

8:12 AM - 9 Jun 2019

VIDEO "Walk with Maleah": KHOU 11 News Houston @KHOU

Hundreds honor young life of Maleah Davis with 'Maleah Walk' at City Hall
Craig Davis, Maleah Davis' biological father, called Maleah his love and his heart.

"It's been a whole month but it feels like it all happened today. It's so painful."

He told ABC13 Eyewitness News he can hardly find the words to express his pain.

[...]

Claudia Ramos on Twitter
VIDEO: Hundreds in Houston join the #WalkWithMaleah which began at 7:54am at City Hall with a stop at Harris Co jail. The walk will loop back to city hall for a bubble release #MaleahDavis
8:50 AM - 9 Jun 2019

Thank you, Chief @ArtAcevedo @TroyFinner and @houstonpolice for keeping hundreds of people safe, making sure everyone was hydrated and traffic moved smoothly as family, community members and Mayor Turner marched in memory of Maleah Davis.
D8n-vNMU8AAOIK4.jpg
D8n-vNDUEAAqh_T.jpg
D8n-vMhXoAAqvA1.jpg
D8n-vorXsAEkD5K.jpg

8:58 AM - 9 Jun 2019

Hundreds gather downtown for walk to remember Maleah Davis
9fe29345-5153-48f7-a36d-adadaf6f9839_750x422.jpg

HOUSTON — The city of Houston is paying respects to Maleah Davis in downtown this morning.

The 4-year-old girl has captured hearts around the world and we're mourning her tragic death.

[...]

Mayor_HOUCommunications on Twitter
VIDEO: “In memory of Maleah Davis, let’s do more to protect ALL children,” said Mayor Turner, as he stands with her biological father.
9:12 AM - 9 Jun 2019

Jordan Blum on Twitter
Well more than 2,000 people her for the Walk for Maleah Davis in downtown Houston, including family, the mayor and police chief
D8oGJr1UcAASZgU.jpg

9:30 AM - 9 Jun 2019

Erica Simon on Twitter
Perfect sunrise for #MaleahDavis Day in Houston.
1f64f-1f3fd.png
Pink was her favorite color.
D8oIosUUwAIdqfV.jpg

9:41 AM - 9 Jun 2019

JUN 9, 2019
Hundreds gather in downtown Houston for walk to remember Maleah Davis
[...]

The mile-long walk took participants from City Hall to Harris County Jail, where there was a moment of silence for Maleah, and then participants walked back to City Hall for a bubble release in her honor.

Mayor Sylvester Turner and Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo were in attendance and spoke to mourners at the event.

"We have to make sure that her name, her memories and her spirit is kept alive. That's what's happening this morning. Let me thank Houston for just stepping up and remembering all of our children." said Mayor Turner.

[...]

If you would like to donate, the funeral home Richardson Mortuary, says they are setting up an official fund to help with expenses.

Donations can be made to The Maleah Davis Burial Donation at Richardson Mortuary, 3201 Brookfield Drive, Houston, TX 77045. Phone Number: 713-523-4992

The funeral home says they expect to have a website for the fund set up by Monday.

[...]

JUN 9, 2019
'I hate this': Maleah Davis' biological father shares emotional speech before march
Surrounded by family and friends, Craig Davis, Maleah Davis' biological father, spoke to a sea of supporters for the first time since remains found in Arkansas were confirmed to belong to the 4-year-old.

"I appreciate you all so much," he said. "You all don't know what this means to us. It's amazing."

[...]

Davis, wearing a white shirt and sunglasses, appeared emotional, but remained calm as he thanked those in the crowd.

"I love you all as much as you all love my daughter," he said. "Even more than you all can imagine."

[...]

JUN 9, 2019
Community members gather for walk for Maleah Davis in downtown Houston

JUN 9, 2019
March for Maleah draws thousands to downtown Houston to honor slain girl’s memory
A cousin would like Maleah Davis to be remembered as an adorable little girl with the big, gap-toothed smile who loved unicorns and Minnie Mouse. “She was always smiling and playing,” said her cousin, GDR.

[...]

It was the riveting story of her brief life and death that led at least 2,000 people to endure the early Sunday morning heat during a downtown walk to memorialize the girl and demand “Justice for Maleah” after her life was snatched away.

[...]

“She became a household name. She became a daughter to all of us,” said JM, who helped lead chants during the march. “This is a movement to show the world that we care about Maleah and other kids.”

[...]

At the beginning of the walk at City Hall, Maleah’s biological father Craig Davis emotionally thanked everyone for coming to the event. “I love you all as much as you love my daughter,” he said.

[...]

Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner helped lead the walk to the jail, often standing alongside Craig Davis.

“The system failed Maleah. Those close to her failed her,” Turner said. “We have to make sure her name is kept alive.”

[...]

FOX26Houston on Twitter
PINK IS FOR MALEAH: Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo and Brenda Bowens, grandmother of Maleah Davis, are back at city hall posing in front of the pink lights in honor of little Maleah. MORE: https://bit.ly/2XA9d4F Credit: @ArtAcevedo
D8qhG3VUIAAb9QB.jpg

8:47 PM - 9 Jun 2019

Pink is for Maleah: Chief Art Acevedo poses with Maleah Davis' grandmother in front of city hall
Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo and Brenda Bowens, grandmother of Maleah Davis, are back at city hall posing in front of the pink lights in honor of little Maleah.

Chief Acevedo says they are there with friends and family celebrating the little girl’s life and memory.

[...]

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette