Found Deceased TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From all the cases we see, am I alone in thinking that a parent of a baby probably just shouldn't date, period? Is 3 and a half years or so really that big a sacrifice to focus on taking care of a child?

I agree with your overall sentiment but I'm not sure it's the dating so much as the non-biologically related person living under one roof and competing for attention and needs within the family unit. There's a lot, sociologically, to unpack in these terrible decisions.

Is it possible they have what they need and now are applying for the arrest warrant?
Possibly!

I'm feeling (speculation) that this continuing wait for COD is the problem. It's just MOO, but if her death was suffocation, or blood loss or organ failure due to tissue injury, it could be little to find.
Remember we are basing so much on the given account of when she went missing/died. The long wait from ME may mean she was much more decomposed, etc than we know. Caylee Anthony was a mere skeleton; she'd been in water in hot weather. Paula Sims first daughter was so ravaged by animals murder couldn't be proved.
Medicines are used (criminally although no one admits that) to hush a baby so they are "sleeping" (unconscious) so Mommy can go out.
I hope fervently ME found something.

Sorry, me again.

Methadone, PCP (angel dust), Opiates, and Benadryl (otc allergy med) can test positive for each other.

NOT saying this has anything to do with this but it can make tests complicated.

From all the cases we see, am I alone in thinking that a parent of a baby probably just shouldn't date, period? Is 3 and a half years or so really that big a sacrifice to focus on taking care of a child?
I dont think it’s fair for mothers to be expected to isolate herself because she has a baby. The baby years are so hard and lonely even if you’re married, let alone when you’re doing it alone. You have to remember that the vast majority of relationships don’t end up being discussed on websleuths.

Well well well....isn't this interesting.

Biodad asks the day before our little one goes missing to see her, and boom don't ya know, she's missing all of a sudden.

Biodad calls Grandma to ask for permission to see her. I'd like to know if he called Maliyah's mom first. Why is he asking Grandma for permission?

I wondered if things were really quiet because LE was investigating all those RSO'S in the area. If they didn't, it could probably be used against the Prosecution potentially. I can hear it now, "you guys decided I did it from the beginning - you never looked at anyone else or interviewed anyone else".

LE is keeping everything very close and quiet. Are they ready to pounce and arrest or is something very complicated happening?

Anyone know where Mom and BF are living these days? Did they go back to the apartment now that things have settled a bit?

I'm concerned about this one. I would hate for it to end the same as Maleah. BF gets charged with some stuff, mom gets nothing and no one is being really held accountable.

I'm surprised that they have not been charged with Child Endangerment. At the very least, leaving a 2 year old child outside alone would warrant that, unless that's all just a lie.

MOO
Who will turn on the other first?

amateur opinion and speculation

Who will turn on the other first?

Good thought.
Let's suppose a hypothetical situation: two people
One keeps head down, mouth mostly shut, avoidance behavior, fade into shadow
Other tries to control narrative, fill silences, confrontational, very extra.
Neither one more likely to be more responsible or irresponsible than the other.
Which one throws other under the bus first?
Suppose LE , in this story, strangely remains off-stage. Unready, or by design.
Which personality type, if either, would be the character to fold first,?

Speculation only.

Good thought.

Speculation only.
The narcissist. They will attempt to make this all about themselves.

Good thought.

Speculation only.

The one trying to control the narrative will always keep talking until they talk themselves into contradictions they can't get out of. Then they'll turn.

I've been thinking about the time Maliyah was missing and how long she was actually in the water. I'm assuming that she was floating near the surface or was located in the shallows if the jogger was able to identify that she was, in fact, seeing a body.

Maliyah reportedly went missing on August 22 around 9:30 am and was found a little over 24 hours later on August 23. Assuming she ended up in the water pretty quickly after 9:30 am, is that enough time to float to the surface?

In general, a body will sink when the lungs fill with water. In the case of a drowning person, the lungs fill with water as part of the drowning process and the body generally sinks immediately. If a person is put into the water already deceased, the lungs will fill with water passively and the body will sink. This happens fairly quickly if the body is placed in water face up and slower if the body is placed facedown according to this article:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BhAB&usg=AOvVaw05b-aaSj4pMM_DBm3lAU5y&ampcf=1

In either case, whether drowned in water or already dead when put there, once the body sinks it stays down until putrefaction occurs and the torso and abdomen fill with gases that propel it to the surface. In warm, shallow water this takes about two to three days. In cold, deep water the body may stay submerged indefinitely.

Bray's Bayou would have been in the shallower, warmer side. But is about 24 hours (or even slightly less) enough time for a submerged body to float?

Granted we don't yet know the exact circumstances /water location of Maliyah's body when seen by the jogger. But if she was already floating on the surface, this could point to her being there from the night before or even a day or two before she was actually reported missing.

Just some thoughts.

MALIYAH BASS' FATHER WANTS TO KNOW HOW HIS 2-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER ENDED UP DEAD IN BRAYS BAYOU

Snipped:

I believe that they are probably close to knowing what happened," said Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch.

His volunteers were looking up and down the bayou for two pieces of key evidence, Maliyah’s toy bag, and her clothes. They didn’t find them, but they did spot a surveillance camera that showed investigators how high the water got from recent rain. Miller said there’s something else they’re keeping an eye on.

“There’s an area that’s being protected right now as we speak in case we need to go to that area and look for some other evidence," he said.

While Maliyah's father waits for answers, he said he just wants one thing for his daughter.

“I just want justice. I just want to put her to rest and get justice for her," Bass said.

The medical examiner has not ruled on a cause of death, but Houston police have said they are approaching the case as a murder.

Maliyah Bass father interview | khou.com

MALIYAH BASS' FATHER WANTS TO KNOW HOW HIS 2-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER ENDED UP DEAD IN BRAYS BAYOU

Snipped:

I believe that they are probably close to knowing what happened," said Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch.

His volunteers were looking up and down the bayou for two pieces of key evidence, Maliyah’s toy bag, and her clothes. They didn’t find them, but they did spot a surveillance camera that showed investigators how high the water got from recent rain. Miller said there’s something else they’re keeping an eye on.

“There’s an area that’s being protected right now as we speak in case we need to go to that area and look for some other evidence," he said.

While Maliyah's father waits for answers, he said he just wants one thing for his daughter.

“I just want justice. I just want to put her to rest and get justice for her," Bass said.

The medical examiner has not ruled on a cause of death, but Houston police have said they are approaching the case as a murder.

Thank you for this as being in the U.K ,I could not access the original article.

I think it's interesting especially since Tim Miller does not say details without a green light from LE.
I believe part reason for the comments is for the public, but it's also for the ears of the guilty party.
* No clothes, no pillowcase anywhere
* Clock has been ticking, buzzer going to go off SOON
* We know about another place and it's guarded...
This won't specify anything to general public but a guilty party would know where he means.
This could : let guilty party know somewhere never mentioned by LE is well known to them if they need MORE evidence
Could also make someone drive near to see if actual secret place is the one they're guarding
Could make guilty party suddenly mention secret place by coming up with a story.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about the time Maliyah was missing and how long she was actually in the water. I'm assuming that she was floating near the surface or was located in the shallows if the jogger was able to identify that she was, in fact, seeing a body.

Maliyah reportedly went missing on August 22 around 9:30 am and was found a little over 24 hours later on August 23. Assuming she ended up in the water pretty quickly after 9:30 am, is that enough time to float to the surface?

In general, a body will sink when the lungs fill with water. In the case of a drowning person, the lungs fill with water as part of the drowning process and the body generally sinks immediately. If a person is put into the water already deceased, the lungs will fill with water passively and the body will sink. This happens fairly quickly if the body is placed in water face up and slower if the body is placed facedown according to this article:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BhAB&usg=AOvVaw05b-aaSj4pMM_DBm3lAU5y&ampcf=1

In either case, whether drowned in water or already dead when put there, once the body sinks it stays down until putrefaction occurs and the torso and abdomen fill with gases that propel it to the surface. In warm, shallow water this takes about two to three days. In cold, deep water the body may stay submerged indefinitely.

Bray's Bayou would have been in the shallower, warmer side. But is about 24 hours (or even slightly less) enough time for a submerged body to float?

Granted we don't yet know the exact circumstances /water location of Maliyah's body when seen by the jogger. But if she was already floating on the surface, this could point to her being there from the night before or even a day or two before she was actually reported missing.

Just some thoughts.

This is great research thank you! I agree if body was floating she was there for a while longer.

Thank you for this as being in the U.K ,I could not access the original article.
I'm sorry I didn't know you couldn't access! The time of the news (the 11:00 news in Houston) is a different time zone so I was almost asleep. I just put it there but didn't do more because I was so tired---oops!

Snipped:

Thanks for doing that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members