Found Deceased TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I missed that you posted the link - I'm a little sleep deprived from a knee injury.

Is this a case where Maliyah *had* to be reported missing because the bio dad was trying to see her? IOW, like others here have already asked, when was the last time anyone outside of mom, boyfriend (and maybe even boyfriend's mother) actually saw Maliyah?
Sadly, that makes a lot of sense. I can see this being exactly why she was reported missing when she was. :(

I hope your knee feels better soon!

Sorry, I missed that you posted the link - I'm a little sleep deprived from a knee injury.

Is this a case where Maliyah *had* to be reported missing because the bio dad was trying to see her? IOW, like others here have already asked, when was the last time anyone outside of mom, boyfriend (and maybe even boyfriend's mother) actually saw Maliyah?
Oh, don't apologise I had download not working and I didn't think anybody saw mine. I liked your post and I hope your knee recovers, those are brutal.
You have a good point. Especially with difficulty in cause of death still not listed, and long time IDing a body supposedly only gone 28 hours ? (who knows).
It's getting out now, bit by bit. The poor detectives.

I just want to scream I wish they would arrest someone .its frustrating seeing the $$site . I hope there’s a arrest soon , that poor babygirl deserves so much more . I really wish people wouldn’t think kids are disposable jmoo

I just want to scream I wish they would arrest someone .its frustrating seeing the $$site . I hope there’s a arrest soon , that poor babygirl deserves so much more . I really wish people wouldn’t think kids are disposable jmoo
Waiting is frustrating for real. But look how much is coming out, just think of what LE has had to track down and sort through. But something has to break soon it's too much tension!

“adopted grandmother” is strong language for the mother of a boyfriend of four months.

I know. It bugs me a great deal :mad:

Yup, ditto. And also people referring to the 4-month boyfriend as the dad, or including him in 'parents'. Smh. My son at 15 years of age only tentatively met my partner for the first time after us dating for 4 months. If he'd been any younger it would have been a lot longer!

Wait a second, why did Maliyah's father contact the maternal grandmother instead of contacting the mother directly? Was grandma supposed to have Maliyah or did the parents just not get along? Was it a case of him trying to contact the mother first and her not picking up, so he tried to talk to grandma? It does seem like the baby was reported missing because her daddy checked up on her and requested for her to go and spend some time with him. Oh no, oh no.

From all the cases we see, am I alone in thinking that a parent of a baby probably just shouldn't date, period? Is 3 and a half years or so really that big a sacrifice to focus on taking care of a child?
It's a tough one; how long to know someone, how much can you ever know.
The news has been filled with the Joseph DeAngelo trial. So many rapes, murders, burglaries by that man. His wife and daughters never knew. For all these decades.
There's nothing wrong with being single.
Most trouble I see is women so convinced they have to always have a boyfriend or husband. Take time, do checks, don't leave child alone with someone you haven't know a long time.
And never make fun of someone for being on their own. Social pressure causes a lot of bad choices.

Well well well....isn't this interesting.

Biodad asks the day before our little one goes missing to see her, and boom don't ya know, she's missing all of a sudden.

Biodad calls Grandma to ask for permission to see her. I'd like to know if he called Maliyah's mom first. Why is he asking Grandma for permission?

I wondered if things were really quiet because LE was investigating all those RSO'S in the area. If they didn't, it could probably be used against the Prosecution potentially. I can hear it now, "you guys decided I did it from the beginning - you never looked at anyone else or interviewed anyone else".

LE is keeping everything very close and quiet. Are they ready to pounce and arrest or is something very complicated happening?

Anyone know where Mom and BF are living these days? Did they go back to the apartment now that things have settled a bit?

I'm concerned about this one. I would hate for it to end the same as Maleah. BF gets charged with some stuff, mom gets nothing and no one is being really held accountable.

I'm surprised that they have not been charged with Child Endangerment. At the very least, leaving a 2 year old child outside alone would warrant that, unless that's all just a lie.

MOO

It's a tough one; how long to know someone, how much can you ever know.
The news has been filled with the Joseph DeAngelo trial. So many rapes, murders, burglaries by that man. His wife and daughters never knew. For all these decades.
There's nothing wrong with being single.
Most trouble I see is women so convinced they have to always have a boyfriend or husband. Take time, do checks, don't leave child alone with someone you haven't know a long time.
And never make fun of someone for being on their own. Social pressure causes a lot of bad choices.

I should add it isn't just women, men get involved with someone new and sometimes if he has children she may
be hiding resentment, jealousy etc.
All parents have to balance loneliness with caution.

Well well well....isn't this interesting.

Biodad asks the day before our little one goes missing to see her, and boom don't ya know, she's missing all of a sudden.

Biodad calls Grandma to ask for permission to see her. I'd like to know if he called Maliyah's mom first. Why is he asking Grandma for permission?

I wondered if things were really quiet because LE was investigating all those RSO'S in the area. If they didn't, it could probably be used against the Prosecution potentially. I can hear it now, "you guys decided I did it from the beginning - you never looked at anyone else or interviewed anyone else".

LE is keeping everything very close and quiet. Are they ready to pounce and arrest or is something very complicated happening?

Anyone know where Mom and BF are living these days? Did they go back to the apartment now that things have settled a bit?

I'm concerned about this one. I would hate for it to end the same as Maleah. BF gets charged with some stuff, mom gets nothing and no one is being really held accountable.

I'm surprised that they have not been charged with Child Endangerment. At the very least, leaving a 2 year old child outside alone would warrant that, unless that's all just a lie.

MOO
Yep, lots of questions remaining. I'm wondering if LE is putting together their case; sometimes we see an arrest for a non related charge and that hasn't happened here. It could mean Maliyah was taken by a stranger or it could mean LE has a strong investigation and it's just a matter of time. Or it may mean neither. Sigh.

What I'm not seeing are any more requests from LE asking the public to keep looking at surveillance videos or to come forward with information.

Yep, lots of questions remaining. I'm wondering if LE is putting together their case; sometimes we see an arrest for a non related charge and that hasn't happened here. It could mean Maliyah was taken by a stranger or it could mean LE has a strong investigation and it's just a matter of time. Or it may mean neither. Sigh.

What I'm not seeing are any more requests from LE asking the public to keep looking at surveillance videos or to come forward with information.
Is it possible they have what they need and now are applying for the arrest warrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savagegrace13