Found Deceased TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, can't imagine they wouldn't. Also seems like her neighbors are probably keeping an eye on her as well. But she was very media-eager early on.... this new silence suggests advice from representation.

When the grandma said she talked to Sahara everyday but they don't tslk about the case, I find that... unusual. MOO

When the grandma said she talked to Sahara everyday but they don't tslk about the case, I find that... unusual. MOO

She said she "checks in with her often," and watching her speak in the news video, I get the impression these might be short conversations, perhaps even just texts. Her exact quote was that "she (Sahara) is not talking about the case," not that the two of them mutually decided not to talk about it. So it seems like the grandma might be asking questions that are going unanswered.

Bizarre. If I had a family member, especially a teeny tiny family member go missing, murder or not, I'd be venting all over to my mother. And I don't share a lot with my mother. But that? . . .

It really doesn't sit right with me when a child goes missing and ends up dead, and the parent that was responsible for the child at that moment doesn't bother to notify the other parent, no matter how checked out and uninvolved the other parent might be. I wouldn't be surprised if the maternal grandmother isn't pushing Maliyah's mother about the case so she won't stop talking to her, I would do the same. It would do nothing good to push too hard and lose the line of communication and risk being pushed away. She might break this way, the grandmother is being smart if that's what she's doing.

Was the "orange float" anything that LE used to get the body out of the river/bayou?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Sahara said they found my baby floating down the river on an orange float (paraphrase).
So I'm unclear if the float was already there or part of recovery.

Was the "orange float" anything that LE used to get the body out of the river/bayou?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Sahara said they found my baby floating down the river on an orange float (paraphrase).
So I'm unclear if the float was already there or part of recovery.

I suspect someone told the mother about seeing some type of orange colored item the police used in retrieving her body, and the mother may have misunderstood.

jmo

I suspect someone told the mother about seeing some type of orange colored item the police used in retrieving her body, and the mother may have misunderstood.

jmo

It's definitely going to be this. LE used a float to preserve the body and evidence no doubt. News crews captured the mom collapsing on the ground in the vicinity of where the body was recovered so there are things she was told/saw herself that she may or may not have understood or articulated well.

It really doesn't sit right with me when a child goes missing and ends up dead, and the parent that was responsible for the child at that moment doesn't bother to notify the other parent, no matter how checked out and uninvolved the other parent might be. I wouldn't be surprised if the maternal grandmother isn't pushing Maliyah's mother about the case so she won't stop talking to her, I would do the same. It would do nothing good to push too hard and lose the line of communication and risk being pushed away. She might break this way, the grandmother is being smart if that's what she's doing.

It doesn't sit right with me either. I'd immediately call my ex on the chance perhaps he took our child. My ex would never but if we were on the outs it would be one of my first thoughts, and since we aren't on the outs I'd need him to know and help find our child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm