Found Deceased TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this helpful; I was surprised. It actually is related to the MB situation.
I was checking Lucas county ME for anything Braylen... nothing. But I just "perused" the other autopsies. Almost all shootings, but then I found a deceased female, manner of death NOT known yet, CAUSE of death not ready either...
Yet...ruled certificate HOMICIDE.
So perhaps we have a tiny ray of hope that if her death certificate is ready, even if still being narrowed down to specifics, it could be ruled homicide and arrest maybe possible?
There were more than one decedent where certificate done while still awaiting toxicology.
I know that's Ohio, and her case is Texas, but I didn't expect this at all.

They are apparently taking their time to get it right and insure a conviction. Sounds good to me.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I hope so , it’s usually just le making sure they have all they need , am just impatient with so many cases and no charges or anything. I do give thanks these lil ones can be laid to rest

They are apparently taking their time to get it right and insure a conviction. Sounds good to me.

I agree, but....I keep thinking about Maleah and how we were so sure that others would be arrested etc. and it never happened.

I just really want to see something happening here before this becomes another Maleah type situation.

MOO

I agree, but....I keep thinking about Maleah and how we were so sure that others would be arrested etc. and it never happened.

I just really want to see something happening here before this becomes another Maleah type situation.

MOO
The thing that makes me scratch my head is the fact that it was mentioned that this is a homicide investigation, and nobody seems to be too concerned that there's a child killer free to walk around.

I would prefer it if the mother of Maliyah and the boyfriend would be arrested on lesser charges right now. (Two weeks ago would have been better!)
Charge felony neglect, especially contributing to death, giving false information to LE in a death investigation.
Not just to sweat them in jail, or to limit their travel, but to separate them.
I don't believe anything happened that they both don't know about, and they've had way too long to get their stories synchronized.

I would prefer it if the mother of Maliyah and the boyfriend would be arrested on lesser charges right now. (Two weeks ago would have been better!)
Charge felony neglect, especially contributing to death, giving false information to LE in a death investigation.
Not just to sweat them in jail, or to limit their travel, but to separate them.
I don't believe anything happened that they both don't know about, and they've had way too long to get their stories synchronized.

I haven't been able to follow this case closely, but I have to ask, has the mother and/or her boyfriend been named as suspects or POIs in this case?

The thing that makes me scratch my head is the fact that it was mentioned that this is a homicide investigation, and nobody seems to be too concerned that there's a child killer free to walk around.
Well.....not saying it is the case here (necessarily), but I've observed cases with a similar scenario and LE knew (or believed they knew) who the Perp(s) were. In those scenarios, they will typically monitor the POI until an arrest can be made.

Well.....not saying it is the case here (necessarily), but I've observed cases with a similar scenario and LE knew (or believed they knew) who the Perp(s) were. In those scenarios, they will typically monitor the POI until an arrest can be made.

Sure. My point is that, nobody seems concerned with a child killer free to kill more children because everyone seems to know who killed Maliyah, and the murder isn't just some random person looking to kill random children.

I strongly feel little Amiah and Maliyah are playing together in Heaven now. So extremely sad neither have gotten justice, but there is still time. And if not in this world, definitely in the next.

I have a feeling that the cause of death is drowning but they are having an issue with manner of death, whether it is murder or neglect.

They want to get it right. This case reminds me of Roman Anthony Lopez where I suspect a juvenile may be responsible. Deceased nearly 10 months and still no word from LE on whether it's a homicide.

In the funeral video, is the young man being held up by two people, as he views the casket, the boyfriend?
I'll go out on a limb and say two people caused the death of a child through neglect and tried to cover it up.

But for it to be neglect, this young toddler would have needed to find that river bank all by herself. I didn't think that was possible. Someone had to take her there, imo.

It could be considered neglect if they left her unsupervised and someone else grabbed her. But in the end, it is still homicide, in my opinion. ...RIP young sweetheart

It's hard to type this out, hard to express the thoughts---but I was thinking about whether a sexual predator would take a 2 yr old and then kill her. A child that young cannot be a witness. Would she just be left somewhere instead of being killed?

We don't see that many 2 yr olds treated in that way--usually the girls are a little bit older.

Is that because 2 yr olds are usually more supervised and watched over? IDK.

But we don't even know if this sweet baby was a victim of SA. If not, what would the motive be for someone to toss her in the water?

All of that to say---things keep leading me back to the two that saw her last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janeyd