Found Deceased TX - Marisela Botello, 23, visiting Dallas from Seattle, 5 Oct 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh no, just seeing this. Heartbreaking. Is this Beltran guy the one she was seen leaving the bar with?
How are these two women involved?
Was poor Marisela lured by this guy to who know's what, a set up? What on earth did they do to her??
I'm so sad to see this.
I wish her ex boyfriend had gone with her to that bar.....but who would have known?
I have been trying SO HARD on all platforms to figure this out but cannot figure out his relationship to these women..
also why no pic for Lisa Dykes (Beltran) in any MSM if they're searching for her?

Last edited:
ARREST AFFIDAVIT (scroll down)

I have seen all 3 as having "Beltran" in their name, but im still wondering if Lisa Dykes (Beltran) is a blood relative or possibly his wife/girlfriend?? moo
Is one his mother and one his aunt? Hopefully the media will take up an interest in the case and there will be more information soon. :(

Hopefully the media will take up an interest in the case and there will be more information soon. :(

And in other news, "Rebel Flag Guy" was identified and located after extensive media coverage and charged with..... trespassing. I sleep better now.

Sarcasm aside, I don't think there is going to be much media interest in the case. I have not received responses from the media outlets that I contacted regarding the case. Likewise, when I went to Deep Ellum volunteer, I was the only one who showed up.

That aside, this forum has the collective means to make its own media interest by funding highway billboards featuring wanted individuals.

The billboard campaign could be coordinated with police to ensure they would welcome billboards and could be funded collectively. A committee could select the most promising cases for the effort.

I think this case would be very promising regarding a billboard campaign: A uhmm.... very distinct fugitive, a very serious crime, and a suspected location.

I encourage anyone interested to present the idea to forum moderators or the owner.

I’m so sad to find that his news tonite. Sweet young girl. What kind of evil unfolded that involved this guy’s mother and aunt? What on earth will be revealed as the events that occurred and motive? Ugh!
RIP sweet Marisa in the purple dress.

It's possible the arrested woman's phone made the trip without her. The fact that the 2 outstanding suspects (who are somehow related) have taken major steps to cover their tracks and distance themselves makes me open to the possibility that they may have been trying to set Marano up to take the fall. Hopefully the two fugitives are brought to justice soon. It seems the Dallas Police were diligently working this one from the jump and the many jurisdictions involved were able to cut through the red tape that entails.

Seeing progress in this case gives me hope there will be resolution ahead for Alan White, Prisma Reyes and others who have gone missing in Dallas.

My thoughts are with the Botello family.

I haven't found any explanation yet of the relationship between the 3 other than Lisa Dykes aka Beltran aka Ahmed and the original want to locate Beltran we knew about, shared the house in Mesquite - which was mentioned on that arrest warrant attached to that cbs article.
Just now I found that apparently Marano aka Oliver aka Beltran is a lawyer! The name and address on this profile match the arrest affidavit. Looks like she does (did) mostly personal injury, some family and some immigration.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.avvo.com/amp/attorneys/4233976.html

OK, I am totally befuddled now. It appears that Ms. Marano is also an author of a children's book?!?

Clippety Clippety Clop

And if this bio is true...
Nina Tamar Marano earned her Bachelor of the Arts in French, *advertiser censored* laude, from Columbia University. Ms. Marano went on to earn her Juris Doctor from the J. Reuben Clark School of Law. While earning her law degree, Ms. Marano attended Washington and Lee University for a semester as a Visiting Scholar where she served as a Student Attorney representing low income civil clients. During her final year of law school, Ms. Marano attended prestigious University of Virginia Law School as a Visiting Scholar. Ms. Marano is currently a practicing attorney admitted to the New York and Florida Bars.

I'm a little surprised that all 3 are charged with murder so quickly. I wouldn't think that LE would know exactly what happened at this point. I wonder if all 3 were charged with murder in anticipation of making deals and one or two, of the three, becoming state's witness?

On the other hand, it's not like this was an unknown perp. They've been investigating him for months. I doubt all of this evidence was gathered in the last 2 days. DNA match? Blood and hair from car? Phone location records from two "accomplices"? They must have had this info for some time, but didn't release it because he was on the run, and victim was still "missing". I guess maybe they didn't have enough evidence for an arrest warrant until the body was found?

Jmo

Last edited:
I believe Lisa Dykes/Ahmed/Beltran to be his GIRLFRIEND not his mother! I made that mistake early on so I apologize.
I'm a little surprised that all 3 are charged with murder so quickly. I wouldn't think that LE would know exactly what happened at this point. I wonder if all 3 were charged with murder in anticipation of making deals and one or two, of the three, becoming state's witness?

On the other hand, it's not like this was an unknown perp. They've been investigating him for months. I doubt all of this evidence was gathered in the last 2 days. DNA match? Blood and hair from car? Phone location records from two "accomplices"? They must have had this info for some time, but didn't release it because he was on the run, and victim was still "missing". I guess maybe they didn't have enough evidence for an arrest warrant until the body was found?

Jmo
Exactly, I think the blood patch wasn’t large enough for definitive homicide to have taken place (likely but not enough for them to want to press charges quite yet) and that they had the phone pings but it was too general of a location.
Through all my sleuthing I have decided that these two women would likely not have been involved in murder if it wasn’t for him, not sure until the details come out of course since they’re all being charged with capital murder.
could he have ordered them to dispose of her remains while he cleaned and packed up? Could he have taken their phones to pin them?

Oh no - just saw an article in my Alerts about Marisela being found....

Just checked the Dallas County court site - nothing in there yet for Nina Marano, aka Oliver or aka Beltran. I'll keep checking it. The other day I could not access the Dallas County site - so if I can't after this - hopefully one of you reading this case can help me! I'll let you know IF I can't get in! :)

Such horrific news. So many “found deceased” lately. I hadn’t truly held out much hope MB would be found alive at this point but the scenario that’s unfolding as to what happened to her is horrific. At least LE knows who is responsible IMO and there can be justice.

Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and all the souls of the faithful departed Rest In Peace. Amen

Here's the arrest warrant.
https://www.scribd.com/document/500464334/Marano-PCA-Redacted#download&from_embed

So who is Nina Marano, how is she affiliated with Beltran and Dykes? From the warrant, it sounds like all three killed Marisela at a home listed at 3113 Kensington Drive in Mesquite. Then Dykes & Marano's cell phones traveled to an area south of Dallas, near Hutchins, TX.

What's the motive here?

I believe Lisa Dykes/Ahmed/Beltran to be his GIRLFRIEND not his mother! I made that mistake early on so I apologize.

Exactly, I think the blood patch wasn’t large enough for definitive homicide to have taken place (likely but not enough for them to want to press charges quite yet) and that they had the phone pings but it was too general of a location.
Through all my sleuthing I have decided that these two women would likely not have been involved in murder if it wasn’t for him, not sure until the details come out of course since they’re all being charged with capital murder.
could he have ordered them to dispose of her remains while he cleaned and packed up? Could he have taken their phones to pin them?
Wow I thought LD was his Mom also. Has that been confirmed somewhere?

If they weren't involved in the murder, how did the female dna end up in the carpet with Marisela's blood?

NINA TAMAR MARANO
  • Admitted 8 years, 5 months ago
KEY DATA
Name Nina Tamar Marano
Eligibility Eligible to Practice Law in Florida
Bar Number 100301
Status Member in Good Standing
Status Code 1-3.2
Admitted to Bar 15 October 2012 (8 years, 5 months ago)
Law School Brigham Young University - J. Reuben Clark Law School
Graduation Year 2010
CONTACT
Current Email ntmaranolaw@gmail.com
Office Number (407) 900-5295
Address 29 Metcalfe St, Staten Island, NY 10304-1879
County Non-Florida
FIRM
Firm Position Private Law Practice
FURTHER DETAILS
Young Lawyers Division Member
Sections Young Lawyers