GUILTY TX - Mark Ysasaga, 15, Lubbock, 13 June 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KCBD News FB
https://www.facebook.com/KCBDNewsCh...383693.138018642033/10153135522307034/?type=1
905801_10153135522307034_5681476160956595039_o.jpg

My prayers for Mark's family, I pray they locate his remains so they can give him a proper burial. May justice be swift for all who were involved in Mark's death.

,poor boy.. Everything was so silent when he was missing.. No police updates or searches at all..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is really devastating for me. His was the case that got me interested in MP. I spoke to his mother once last year and she was really kind, very eager for resolution. Though it is so sad, I'm grateful she can now try to make peace. RIP

Zoe Campos remains missing from Lubbock.

Candlelight vigil scheduled for Mark Ysasaga

Police say new evidence uncovered at a home in Tech Terrace earlier this year links Simental to the killing, but, Ysasaga's body has not yet been found.

Ysasaga's mother is pleading for anyone with information to come forward.

She has organized the vigil scheduled for Saturday at 7:30 p.m. It will be held at Coronado High School at 3307 Vicksburg Avenue.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/29129323/candlelight-vigil-scheduled-for-mark-ysasaga

Friends, family gather at vigil for Mark Ysasaga (VIDEO)
http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2015-05-23/friends-family-gather-vigil-mark-ysasaga
“Everybody keep on praying that they talk,” said his mom, Anna Ysasaga-Cuevas.
Since finding out about her son’s death, Anna Ysasaga-Cuevas has received notes of support and prayer from people across the nation.
“It means a lot knowing that the community does support us no matter what,” she said.

New Name for Mark's FB group:

Justice for Mark Anthony Ysasaga
https://www.facebook.com/MissingMarkAnthonyYsasaga

Has there been any motive or ideas about what happened? Is the person in custody the "friend" whose house he was staying at the night he went missing? Can anyone give more details about the adress listed as the crime scene? What a shame that someone wont just say where his body is...clearly it envolved more than one other teenager to get rid of or hide his body.
May he rest easy!

Investigators search for Mark Ysasaga's remains in East Lubbock Canyon Lakes system
Wednesday, June 3, 2015

snip
A search for the remains of Mark Ysasaga came up empty Wednesday afternoon at the Canyon Lakes system in East Lubbock.

The Lubbock Police Department announced on May 14 the crime scene where Ysasaga was murdered had been found. His body still has not been recovered, but anyone with information about his remains should report tips to authorities, said Lubbock police spokesman Lt. Ray Mendoza.

“We’re going to follow every tip, no matter what it might be,” Mendoza said. “We’re trying to find Mark.”

One of the department’s latest tips into a possible location of Ysasaga’s body led officials to Canyon Lakes, Mendoza said. The tipster told authorities to search in or around Canyon Lake, near the east dam.

As the dive team began its search of the lake, Mendoza said officials would continue to search until they were certain they had surveyed the entire area of interest.

Person of interest in Ysasaga case arrested on unrelated charges
Posted: June 5, 2015 - 4:41pm

snipped
A person of interest in the homicide of Mark Ysasaga was arrested on unrelated charges Friday in Lubbock.

Lubbock Police Department spokesman Lt. Ray Mendoza confirmed 19-year-old Christian Castro is a person of interest in the Ysasaga case.

Castro was arrested on aggravated robbery and kidnapping charges for an incident that occurred in the early morning hours on Thursday. Another man, Devon Gonzales, 20, was also arrested on charges of aggravated robbery and aggravated kidnapping for Thursday’s incident.

Castro and Gonzales were booked into the Lubbock County Detention Center, where they are being held on $250,000 bond.

I hope this means justice for Mark and his family is drawing nearer.

LUBBOCK, TX -- According to the family of Mark Ysasaga, his body has been found.

SNIP

Lubbock Police Detectives and Investigators from the Lubbock County Medical Examiners are on the scene.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/story/d/story/-/q8popKDW-U2JvMq61MnNyQ

As soon as there is an official ID the title can change to reflect this sad news. :(

This is so very sad for all who loved Mark. My heart goes out to his mom and I'm thankful to whomever set the wheels in motion so that she could know what happened and say a final goodbye to her child.

RIP Mark. I have been hoping that the pressures he was feeling made him find a new life somewhere far from Lubbock. Now it's time for justice to be served.

Officials still processing scene where human remains found in South Lubbock
June 7, 2015 - 9:04pm

snip
More than 24 hours after human remains were found on private property in South Lubbock, detectives and ID personnel continued processing the scene Sunday afternoon.

The Lubbock Police Department on Saturday announced an anonymous Crime Line tip had led investigators to the area of U.S. 87 and 120th Street, where they found a dead body.

The recovery process could take several days, according to police.

Video at the link.

This case is especially heartbreaking considering the LE didn't really consider him missing in the beginning - but rather voluntarily left.

I remember his mom right from the beginning pleading for someone to listen. She KNEW it was foul play. I am so very glad that they have likely found his body so that they will be able to bury him in dignity. Also, hopefully it will help bolster the case against the monsters that took his life.

oh man. my friend lives in lubbock and told me about this case. his poor mom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back