UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would imagine he would be known to the neighbours if he was a carer/regular visitor ?
Its possible he was though. Someone recognized him for the police to name him before he was caught
I am still going with the cuckooing scenario ,he being a local small time dealer using their home to do his business.
I believe there was a case like this recently in Bournemouth. Guys body parts found dumped locally
Just MOO of course
Interesting - was the Bournemouth case solved?

jmo

I would imagine he would be known to the neighbours if he was a carer/regular visitor ?
Its possible he was though. Someone recognized him for the police to name him before he was caught
I am still going with the cuckooing scenario ,he being a local small time dealer using their home to do his business.
I believe there was a case like this recently in Bournemouth. Guys body parts found dumped locally
Just MOO of course
There were two cases in the last year of body parts found. I don't think we know the full stories on either of them yet, do we?

One of them, I think up north but not sure, had 2 men arrested and I think the victim lived in the same property that they did.

I lived in Clifton for years so I'm very familiar with the area. I know there's speculation that blood was seen leaking from the suitcases but he would've been approached by security at the bridge regardless. They're quite quick to check on anybody who waits around in the stone-walled areas at either end of the bridge (easiest places to jump) so if you're there alone for more than ~5 minutes, they'll approach. I've stopped there to catch my breath while on a run and had them ask if I'm okay.

Unrelated, I'm not sure I find it too strange that the guy apparently asked for the "big bridge". If English is his second language, this may be the easier way for him to describe things. Still utterly bizarre regardless though (even when taking into account that we're talking about such an abhorrent and unnatural situation).

The video claims he is clearly heard saying, "My boss is a really bad man." When I listened, I could only hear "malo" (bad) clearly.

It does make me wonder if he was told to dispose of the bodies/was set up to be the fall guy.
The police stated that they were not looking for additional suspects, so not likely, IMO.

I lived in Clifton for years so I'm very familiar with the area. I know there's speculation that blood was seen leaking from the suitcases but he would've been approached by security at the bridge regardless. They're quite quick to check on anybody who waits around in the stone-walled areas at either end of the bridge (easiest places to jump) so if you're there alone for more than ~5 minutes, they'll approach. I've stopped there to catch my breath while on a run and had them ask if I'm okay.

Unrelated, I'm not sure I find it too strange that the guy apparently asked for the "big bridge". If English is his second language, this may be the easier way for him to describe things. Still utterly bizarre regardless though (even when taking into account that we're talking about such an abhorrent and unnatural situation).
So appreciate local insights. This rings true.

jmo

I want to know what's happening with this, so have come here. Pure speculation, but we know the two men lived together, if he was their carer, might he have thought their relationship bad, and perhaps had a few mental health issues, and.........

From the link above:

Sources said two men – one a wheelchair user - living at the crime scene had planned to travel to Bristol before they went missing.

They were said to know the suspect in the murder probe.

ETA: So his story would have been that they left for Bristol and could have been murdered there.
Now the location makes perfect sense! Wow. jmo.

It would be difficult to get away with putting a body (or two) out with the rubbish but smaller body parts probably wouldn't be detected or affect the weight of the bin. I speculate he could have removed their hands and heads to prevent identification.

i used to live in Clifton and add my agreement the bridge is a really dumb place to try to get suitcases in the river. many better places.

my first through it why not just bin the parts but like you say maybe they didn’t put enough thought into that possibility.

JMO but surely it would have been far easier and safer to travel East which would have taken him pretty much to the sea instead of making the cross-country trip on busy trains before finding a taxi in a busy city. For example, from London's Liverpool Street to Clacton-on-Sea has a travel time of one hour twenty-six minutes (admittedly, only 6 minutes less than Bristol) and has a train leaving pretty much on the hour every hour and its train station is located not too far from the pier. I'm just bringing this up to demonstrate how much of a challenging scenario he exposed himself to. Sadly, I can't say how busy Clacton-on-Sea is during the evening hours.

JMO but surely it would have been far easier and safer to travel East which would have taken him pretty much to the sea instead of making the cross-country trip on busy trains before finding a taxi in a busy city. For example, from London's Liverpool Street to Clacton-on-Sea has a travel time of one hour twenty-six minutes (admittedly, only 6 minutes less than Bristol) and has a train leaving pretty much on the hour every hour and its train station is located not too far from the pier. I'm just bringing this up to demonstrate how much of a challenging scenario he exposed himself to. Sadly, I can't say how busy Clacton-on-Sea is during the evening hours.

He had Bristol train tickets ready I guess.
(As the victims planned to go there)
In his befuddled state of mind,
he might have fixated on this destination.

But it is only My Opinion.

He had Bristol train tickets ready I guess.
(As the victims planned to go there)
In his befuddled state of mind,
he might have fixated on this destination.

But it is only My Opinion.
That makes sense to me, in the sense of creating misdirection "they were ok and left for their planned trip, something must have happened to them in Bristol"...jmo

I will be shocked if this was a planned crime -- MOO but everything about how he (attempted to) dispose of the bodies points to a suspect who acted in the heat of the moment for whatever reason, then panicked and tried to come up with a way to 'hide' his crime without really thinking anything through.

I wonder if he lived with/was close to the victims (parents? relatives? neighbors?) and thought if he managed to get the bodies as far away from the crime scene as possible, it would be harder for police to link him to the crime? The massive risks he took in transporting the bodies suggests he was driven by desperation rather than logic, IMO.

In my opinion the suitcase we have seen does not look like the tatty case that the witness outside the pub described.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back