TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #2 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
education education education and tolerance for agreeing to disagree is what we need more of in this surreal pc distortion static time. too many agendas with the ruling elite

hi iridized,

there are many horrors around the world at the present time, but the propaganda machine is our wonderful free country has even distorted history with incorrect school text books as just one example i can think of. course, that's in addition to distortions from the lamestream media and their pc attitudes that put patriotic americans at the bottom of the heap

we don't hear much either about the 7 million plus people that stalin killed in the 1930s (including his public declaration of his intent to "liquidate" certain ethnic groups because he deemed their class and education level too high) his carried out his intent

we don't hear much (if anything) about the islamic fundamentalist turks who murdered over one million five hundred thousand christian armenians in the early 1900s!!!!!! these turks declared the armenians infidels...that sounds familiar...and HITLER took great note that the world at large did nothing. this he took as permission to carry out his liquidation of the jews.

i would wager that most average americans on the street do not know that stalin murdered more people than hitler...or that so many christians were murdered for their religion in the very recent past!!!!

heads up, everybody!!!!!!!

Studying the history of China is interesting too.

Adding - some of the world did go up against Hitler - it was too late for many though. There are many horrifying things taking place around the world as I type - many in Africa - many Christian groups are aware and try to make a difference. Hollywood people with big bucks sometimes come forward to increase awareness and make small dents into some of the horrific problems that exist across the globe. Maybe I'm ethnocentric and unaware of all of what other countries are doing or how they contribute, but I know that the USA is on the forefront of giving and confronting some of these problems with the hope of freeing others. People need to be free, deserve to be free. Many live in fear at all times and hunger for their next meal. What does the Islam god say about that? Go kill them because they are not worshipping the same god? Just asking.

ya, ironically many of the same people benefitting from the largesse of american generosity
scream about how we bully the little people. wha? our country gives more money to darfur and other needy peoples than any other country on the planet, yet we continue to be maligned. even worse, many of those critics are americans themselves. i wish more individuals would be willing to do personal research on history and wars and not just on the internet. there is a lot of misinformation.

gosh, if you listen to the media there is no such thing as an islamic fundamentalist terrorist these days. there are just disgruntled poor people who have been shat upon by the big bad us of a. baloney. we are considered infidels and there are many many active evil misdirected (an understatement if ever there was one) living breathing people with long range plans already well in motion for our liquidation. really

I would have to be watching MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, or some of CNN.

As humans we are all equal. No one is better or worse than the next.

Something everyone here at WS has apparently forgotten.

RIP to all of the fallen and injured individuals.

Peace on earth and goodwill be done to ALL people!

tdaj, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this. We are NOT all equal. We are all CREATED equal. What people choose to do by their actions or behaviors is one thing that distinguishes a separation.

I think, especially on WS, we are all too painfully aware of how many people there are in this world who choose to commit horrible acts against other human beings. I would even venture to guess that not many of us here would equate ourselves to the murders, kidnappers, sexual offenders, etc. we read about all too often. To consider the shooter of our wonderful soldiers as my equal is incomprehensible to me. JMHO

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you are trying to say and if so, I do hope you will clarify it.

Did anyone else just see the news conference from Fort Hood with the latest update? The lead investigater from CID spoke. Maybe I'm reading more into this than it is,but he was emphatic that there was only "one shooter",but something in the way he worded this led me to believe maybe there are others indirectly involved. Did anyone else catch this? Could be just my imagination.

ya, ironically many of the same people benefitting from the largesse of american generosity
scream about how we bully the little people. wha? our country gives more money to darfur and other needy peoples than any other country on the planet, yet we continue to be maligned. even worse, many of those critics are americans themselves. i wish more individuals would be willing to do personal research on history and wars and not just on the internet. there is a lot of misinformation.

Since you quite admirably value research, I'm surprised to hear you repeat the myth that the U.S. gives more in foreign aid than other wealthy countries. In fact and per capita, we rank somewhere below Finland.

Since you quite admirably value research, I'm surprised to hear you repeat the myth that the U.S. gives more in foreign aid than other wealthy countries. In fact and per capita, we rank somewhere below Finland.

Thanks. This is interesting and caused me to do some quick research.

We must take into account Public Giving AND Private Giving.

Taking into account the wealth of the country per capita and basing the giving on Foreign Aid, investment, openness to immigration, responsible environmental practices, contributions to internationally approved security operations, support for technology development and openness to international trade, according to the 2008 International Monetary Fund, 2008 World Bank and CIA World Factbook -

Finland falls in place 9 to 12 for per capita wealth while the U.S. falls in place 13 to 17. So per capita Finland is wealthier than the U.S.

There are several countries listed that appear to be generous givers along with Finland but without extensive research, it's hard to ascertain how the rankings would fall, taking into account the wealth of country and the Private giving (15.5 billion annually) that is handed out along with the Public giving (60 billion annually). I couldn't readily find a breakdown for these general figures.

With that said - thank you Finland (who gets no tax incentive by the way) for your generous giving. I'm still not sure they, taking everything into account, are the biggest givers.

It seems to me, that here in the U.S., there are lots of very generous wealthy people (think Oprah, Gates, Bono*, Buffet) but I'm sure other countries have them as well. I'm most familiar with the U.S.

If it's a myth that the U.S. is number one, we are are up there near the top and we certainly are not shy when it comes to stepping up to help other countries during times of emergency.

*Bono is Irish; I was thinking Buffet

I didn't say Finland was #1, and, anyway, it was only an example.

There are varied ways of calculating giving, but the U.S. doesn't rank at the top by any measure I've found (except perhaps in gross amount, but then we also have the highest GNP in the world, so having the highest gross doesn't say much).

And in the figures for 2007...

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/tables/09s1257.pdf

...well over a third of the money went to two countries--Iraq and Afghanistan--that we "broke" in the first place. "Replacement costs" aren't really charitable giving.

Moreover, mere figures can't tell us how much of the remaining foreign aid was given with significant strings attached, such as two of the next largest gifts: to Egypt in return for maintaining peace with Israel and to Pakistan in return for at least pretending to oppose Al Qaeda. I'm not opposed to either donation, but neither is exactly altruistic.

The point is we Americans are way too quick to congratulate ourselves on our generosity. Yes, the Marshall Plan was a great idea and a great success. It was also more than a half-century ago.

I didn't say Finland was #1, and, anyway, it was only an example.

There are varied ways of calculating giving, but the U.S. doesn't rank at the top by any measure I've found (except perhaps in gross amount, but then we also have the highest GNP in the world, so having the highest gross doesn't say much).

And in the figures for 2007...

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/tables/09s1257.pdf

...well over a third of the money went to two countries--Iraq and Afghanistan--that we "broke" in the first place. "Replacement costs" aren't really charitable giving.

Moreover, mere figures can't tell us how much of the remaining foreign aid was given with significant strings attached, such as two of the next largest gifts: to Egypt in return for maintaining peace with Israel and to Pakistan in return for at least pretending to oppose Al Qaeda. I'm not opposed to either donation, but neither is exactly altruistic.

The point is we Americans are way too quick to congratulate ourselves on our generosity. Yes, the Marshall Plan was a great idea and a great success. It was also more than a half-century ago.

Actually I was curious due to your post to discover if I had a false belief swimming around in my head. It is complicated to sort out. I think we are a generous Nation. We are trying to help the people in Iraq and Afghanistan with infrastructure and economic improvements - that's all part of assisting their country towards democracy. Also, we are trying to protect Israel the way I understand things. I don't know all the answers but I don't think we are able to ignore the rest of the world and all the issues that plague people. Personally, sometimes I wish we could. Some countries are better at that than we are. Ignorance is bliss they say.

Hey, I didn't mean to offend you - you peaked my interest. If I could, I'd take you out to lunch so you'd see that I meant well. :truce:

Did anyone else just see the news conference from Fort Hood with the latest update? The lead investigater from CID spoke. Maybe I'm reading more into this than it is,but he was emphatic that there was only "one shooter",but something in the way he worded this led me to believe maybe there are others indirectly involved. Did anyone else catch this? Could be just my imagination.

I did see the update you are talking about. The first thing I thought, also, when he mentioned that was there were others involved in some way.

I cannot post a link since I saw it in the many TV interviews, etc. and really haven't seen it again, but I saw one mentioning that Hasan rarely had visitors to his apartment but a dark-skinned man was seen going into his apartment during the night and only stayed a short period of time and left. I think it interesting that he borrowed neighbor's computer twice during night. Same interview.

I think while he may have been the one to execute it, others could very well have at least had prior knowledge of it at some point. When in published reports by his peers, he did not appear to agree with the advice he sought from a peer about going to Iraq and his faith, perhaps he did find someone to counsel him that he would be doing the right thing to avoid going there and he chose to handle it this way. JMO. He does not have to go and makes himself a martyr to his religion.

thanks to all for the deeper research a info on world aid!! i spoke too quickly in my frustration about antiamerican sentiment. i am no economist (i'm a talkative artist) and should not have made a generalized statement about a very complex issue. yikes, i don't know if the best economists can understand what really really is happening between all of the commitments made by world countries and the small percentage that actually reaches the starving, but we try! it is very tangled and i respectfully eat crow

I'm sure this is just a coincidence and there's nothing to it.

fran

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...killer-linked-to-September-11-terrorists.html

Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists

Major Nidal Malik Hasan worshipped at a mosque led by a radical imam said to be a "spiritual adviser" to three of the hijackers who attacked America on Sept 11, 2001.

Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Great Falls, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt. His mother's funeral was held there in May that year.

The preacher at the time was Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Yemeni scholar who was banned from addressing a meeting in London by video link in August because he is accused of supporting attacks on British troops and backing terrorist organisations.

Hasan's eyes "lit up" when he mentioned his deep respect for al-Awlaki's teachings, according to a fellow Muslim officer at the Fort Hood base in Texas, the scene of Thursday's horrific shooting spree.

As investigators look at Hasan's motives and mindset, his attendance at the mosque could be an important piece of the jigsaw. Al-Awlaki moved to Dar al-Hijrah as imam in January, 2001, from the west coast, and three months later the September 11 hijackers Nawaf al-Hamzi and Hani Hanjour began attending his services. A third hijacker attended his services in California.

Hasan was praying at Dar al-Hijrah at about the same time, and the FBI will now want to investigate whether he met the two terrorists.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I did see the update you are talking about. The first thing I thought, also, when he mentioned that was there were others involved in some way.

I cannot post a link since I saw it in the many TV interviews, etc. and really haven't seen it again, but I saw one mentioning that Hasan rarely had visitors to his apartment but a dark-skinned man was seen going into his apartment during the night and only stayed a short period of time and left. I think it interesting that he borrowed neighbor's computer twice during night. Same interview.

I think while he may have been the one to execute it, others could very well have at least had prior knowledge of it at some point. When in published reports by his peers, he did not appear to agree with the advice he sought from a peer about going to Iraq and his faith, perhaps he did find someone to counsel him that he would be doing the right thing to avoid going there and he chose to handle it this way. JMO. He does not have to go and makes himself a martyr to his religion.

Again,I notice Hasan is mentioned as the lone "shooter", with the emphasis on shooter,but inflection iin the spokes persons voice indicated to me,they are investigating others.(he might even had said that).
This probably has no significance,but if Hasan was making 6 figures,why was he living in what appears to be a nothing special apartment. Where was all his money going?

Again,I notice Hasan is mentioned as the lone "shooter", with the emphasis on shooter,but inflection iin the spokes persons voice indicated to me,they are investigating others.(he might even had said that).
This probably has no significance,but if Hasan was making 6 figures,why was he living in what appears to be a nothing special apartment. Where was all his money going?

THAT is an outstanding question.

Yes, where was all of his money going?

imo

I've wondered if he had any connection to the group recently rounded up in Michigan and the death of the leader was a catalyst in this at all. I'd have to think that having radical views would draw someone to communicate and associate with others that think the same way you do.

Feds: Islamic Radical Killed in Mich. Raid
http://news.aol.com/article/feds-islamic-radical-luqman-ameen/742061

I'm sure this is just a coincidence and there's nothing to it.

fran

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...killer-linked-to-September-11-terrorists.html

Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists

Major Nidal Malik Hasan worshipped at a mosque led by a radical imam said to be a "spiritual adviser" to three of the hijackers who attacked America on Sept 11, 2001.

Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Great Falls, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt. His mother's funeral was held there in May that year.

The preacher at the time was Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Yemeni scholar who was banned from addressing a meeting in London by video link in August because he is accused of supporting attacks on British troops and backing terrorist organisations.

Hasan's eyes "lit up" when he mentioned his deep respect for al-Awlaki's teachings, according to a fellow Muslim officer at the Fort Hood base in Texas, the scene of Thursday's horrific shooting spree.

As investigators look at Hasan's motives and mindset, his attendance at the mosque could be an important piece of the jigsaw. Al-Awlaki moved to Dar al-Hijrah as imam in January, 2001, from the west coast, and three months later the September 11 hijackers Nawaf al-Hamzi and Hani Hanjour began attending his services. A third hijacker attended his services in California.

Hasan was praying at Dar al-Hijrah at about the same time, and the FBI will now want to investigate whether he met the two terrorists.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They should have caught this!!!
What is Hasan's shooting was a "test" to see the reaction, same with his spewing all the extreme rhetic out of his mouth to our military?
I knew they would find him associated with terrists muslim groups!
Sent him to Guatamo Bay!
They'll probably find a lot more associations that they won't mention to us.
This is scary, how many others are mascarading (spelled?) as citizens or soldiers, god knows what and are really terrorists?

hi iridized,

there are many horrors around the world at the present time, but the propaganda machine is our wonderful free country has even distorted history with incorrect school text books as just one example i can think of. course, that's in addition to distortions from the lamestream media and their pc attitudes that put patriotic americans at the bottom of the heap

we don't hear much either about the 7 million plus people that stalin killed in the 1930s (including his public declaration of his intent to "liquidate" certain ethnic groups because he deemed their class and education level too high) his carried out his intent

we don't hear much (if anything) about the islamic fundamentalist turks who murdered over one million five hundred thousand christian armenians in the early 1900s!!!!!! these turks declared the armenians infidels...that sounds familiar...and HITLER took great note that the world at large did nothing. this he took as permission to carry out his liquidation of the jews.

i would wager that most average americans on the street do not know that stalin murdered more people than hitler...or that so many christians were murdered for their religion in the very recent past!!!!

heads up, everybody!!!!!!!

More Native Americans were killed than Jews by Hitler taking America.

History repeats itself, what else is new..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back