Found Deceased TX - Matthew Meinert, 38, Denton County, 6 March 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I dont think we should feel bad. I think most of us were trying to find reasons to keep him alive. And dont want to think about what that poor little guy went through alone all night so we wanted to imagine it didnt play out like that. We would rather reconcile an insurance scheme or escaping criminal charges, thats logical. Tragedy like this is not logical. We just wanted him to be alive, for the kid not to have witnessed his fathers death. For him not to have spent the night alone. Just goes to show, ALWAYS wear a lifevest. Accidents happen, even to avid boaters on calm shallow waters. If the propeller just knocked him out he could've survived if he had vest on and been floating. However it does say propeller is cause of death instead of drowning. So im guessing that means the injuries were severe enough that it would have killed him instantly?

what a bizarre turn of events and now i have even more questions.
did this happen immediately after they arrived? how did the contents of the boat look so orderly if it ran ashore after he fell out of it. where was little OM when this was happening? was he ever in the boat? where was he just an hour after they arrived when searchers were looking for him?

I do wonder if Olivia was thrown out, knocked out and had slept all night? He did have thorns in his feet and wanted juice...as could possibly be just waking up.
Perhaps he will have no memories or did not see what happened.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The shoes in the boat interests me. Who do they belong to?
Is this why the little boy was barefooted?
Why wouldn't he be wearing shoes?
And the life jackets, well neither one was wearing one, yet the life jackets were in the boat. That little boy is very lucky to be alive.
My husband and I own a canoe. We ALWAYS wear life jackets. It is the right thing to do. You never know if there will be an accident or emergency. A life jacket can help save a life. I don't know if it would have saved Matthew's life, seeing as there was a propeller accident, but, to me, it better to take precautions and be on the safe side.

IMOO.

The shoes in the boat interests me. Who do they belong to?
Is this why the little boy was barefooted?
Why wouldn't he be wearing shoes?
And the life jackets, well neither one was wearing one, yet the life jackets were in the boat. That little boy is very lucky to be alive.
My husband and I own a canoe. We ALWAYS wear life jackets. It is the right thing to do. You never know if there will be an accident or emergency. A life jacket can help save a life. I don't know if it would have saved Matthew's life, seeing as there was a propeller accident, but, to me, it better to take precautions and be on the safe side.

IMOO.
I agree. As a family we were witnessed to a boy(He was with the boy scouts, I think and Dad was on board) bow jumping on a whale watch boat. He had been told to stop. He went over, his t-shirt was wrapped around the propeller and he wasn't found until 2 or 3 weeks later.

We had a picture that sadly showed the boy in the water unknown to us until that night. We did contact LE. So sad and preventable.

This was years ago, in Jersey. The dad called the mom to tell her he had lost him at sea. I just can't imagine.

I was so sick for many reasons but I will never attempt to go whale watching again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's terrible. I have a healthy fear of large bodies of water so I always wear a life jacket. My son still wears one while playing or wading at the shore at the lake as he is not even a swimmer. This poor family though. I'm so sad for them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question:

I read articles that mentioned that he was hit in the head with the propeller. Logically, how would that happen? Would he have had to fall out of the front of the boat and the boat went straight ahead and unfortunately the propeller hit his head?
If he fell out of the back of the boat, with the boat going forward, is it even possible for his head to be hit? I realize it just takes seconds to fall out of the boat, but at the same time, the boat is still going forward. I am trying to process how this propeller strike happened.
It's like a double whammy, or triple whammy. 1. Not wearing a life vest/jacket,
2. Falling out of the boat 3. Boat propeller hits his head. Then one can add..4. boat is still going, not stopped. 5. child not wearing life jacket, but survives and is found later, but not found in boat.

IMOO.

It's sad the dad was found dead. I posted earlier in this thread that perhaps dad pulled the boat up on shore intentionally to shore fish or something and that he took the baby's life vest and shoes off then and that is why the life vests and shoes were found in the boat. I wasn't exactly judgy of him. I do think it's pretty irresponsible to take a 2 year old out on a boat alone though so yeah, I'm being judgy. And I would feel the same way about anyone doing that, not jus this guy. Yes, that applies to people in this forum too who take/took their young children out on boats alone. I certainly would not allow it with my 2 year old. What if the adult had a heart attack or simply fell and hit their head? Sure it's a long shot but my child's safety is worth being overly cautious. If this kid had been 9 or even 6 if he had he known how to swim and had ample training on how to act and not act around water I would not feel this way but 2 is too young to be out on a boat with just one adult. This should a cautionary tale to anyone reading this story that thinks it's oaky to take a 2 year out on a boat alone. This kid is lucky to be alive.

I have kept my mouth shut even while wanting to say something from the beginning. At this point I think people talking negative about this man should stop. He died of a horrible accident. We all have things we can be judged on if scrutinized.

I have kept my mouth shut even while wanting to say something from the beginning. At this point I think people talking negative about this man should stop. He died of a horrible accident. We all have things we can be judged on if scrutinized.

I look at this sad horrible incident as a Learning Tool.

Perhaps others will learn from what happened to him. Maybe it could help a

life or two or many in the future. Talking about this does not have to be

a negative.

IMOO.

and sure seems to be a little bit of victim blaming here. Please stop with all the things this man may have done wrong. He has died and can never correct or atone for any mistakes he may have made in his life. Should his family ever come here and find this thread, I'd want them to know that we cared and hoped for the best. No one is perfect.

So sorry for you, little Oliver. and sad for all those who knew and loved this man.

and sure seems to be a little bit of victim blaming here. Please stop with all the things this man may have done wrong. He has died and can never correct or atone for any mistakes he may have made in his life. Should his family ever come here and find this thread, I'd want them to know that we cared and hoped for the best. No one is perfect.

So sorry for you, little Oliver. and sad for all those who knew and loved this man.

Agree 100%

I look at this sad horrible incident as a Learning Tool.

Perhaps others will learn from what happened to him. Maybe it could help a

life or two or many in the future. Talking about this does not have to be

a negative.

IMOO.

I agree that others can definitely learn from this. I know that I, personally, have learned from sad cases here. For example, I honestly never would have thought "I should put a bright colored shirt on my child if we're out in a wooded area." It's just not something that would be an automatic thought for me. But after following lost child cases here...I can now say this is something I plan to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska
Back