GUILTY TX - Megan Getrum, 36, murdered, Plano, 18 April 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sorry ...: I couldn't get the other link to work (it would only take me to http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/).

Were you talking about this one, perhaps? It was posted just three hours ago:
"Reward Offered after Armed Man Robs, Sexually Assaults Woman in Dallas Her Home
Crime Stoppers will pay a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to an arrest and indictment
Police said the armed man entered the woman's residence at The Thread apartments on Maham Road at about 12:15 p.m. Thursday, April 20 and demanded property.
The man then sexually assaulted the woman before leaving her home at about 12:45 p.m., police said.
The victim described her attacker to police as a heavy set Latin man in his early 20s who is about 5 feet 7 inches tall. He had short black hair and spoke Spanish."
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Re...aults-Woman-in-Dallas-Her-Home-420521563.html

This would have been only two days after Megan was last seen alive. Has it been reported what kind of condition Megan's apartment was in? Dallas locals, please be careful!

I still can't find that alert about warning women in Plano Parks :/.

Regarding the Thread Apartments mentioned above...just looked those up, and that is a sketchy area that I would not live in. They are close to the High Five (75/635), an area where crime is really not surprising as opposed to Arbor Hills in far West Plano.

I still can't find that alert about warning women in Plano Parks :/.

Regarding the Thread Apartments mentioned above...just looked those up, and that is a sketchy area that I would not live in. They are close to the High Five (75/635), an area where crime is really not surprising as opposed to Arbor Hills in far West Plano.

yeah 75 & 635 isn't even in Plano.

I'm sorry ...: I couldn't get the other link to work (it would only take me to http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/).

"Reward Offered after Armed Man Robs, Sexually Assaults Woman in Dallas Her Home
Crime Stoppers will pay a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to an arrest and indictment
Police said the armed man entered the woman's residence at The Thread apartments on Maham Road at about 12:15 p.m. Thursday, April 20 and demanded property.
The man then sexually assaulted the woman before leaving her home at about 12:45 p.m., police said.
The victim described her attacker to police as a heavy set Latin man in his early 20s who is about 5 feet 7 inches tall. He had short black hair and spoke Spanish."
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Re...aults-Woman-in-Dallas-Her-Home-420521563.html

This would have been only two days after Megan was last seen alive. Has it been reported what kind of condition Megan's apartment was in? Dallas locals, please be careful!

No signs of foul play.

No signs of foul play according to news articles. Car left in its usual assigned parking spot. Lights and blinds left open. Supposedly her beloved cats and purse were in the apartment.

Sorry for quoting my own post. I just wanted to make a correction: The incident at The Thread apartments took place six days after Megan was last seen alive, not two. Megan was not reported missing until the 18th, but was last seen on Friday, Apr. 14th. Apologies for the error. Now off to edit the original post ;).

She has a twitter for her cats. I don't know how to link twitter, but the handle is @tiki_toes easy to find if you look her up because that's the only twitter page she follows. So sad looking through all her posts, but it's clear to me how much she loves her cats and would not willingly leave them.

I'm sorry ...: I couldn't get the other link to work (it would only take me to http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/).Were you talking about this one, perhaps? It was posted just three hours ago:"Reward Offered after Armed Man Robs, Sexually Assaults Woman in Dallas Her HomeCrime Stoppers will pay a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to an arrest and indictment...Police said the armed man entered the woman's residence at The Thread apartments on Maham Road at about 12:15 p.m. Thursday, April 20 and demanded property.The man then sexually assaulted the woman before leaving her home at about 12:45 p.m., police said.The victim described her attacker to police as a heavy set Latin man in his early 20s who is about 5 feet 7 inches tall. He had short black hair and spoke Spanish."http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Re...aults-Woman-in-Dallas-Her-Home-420521563.htmlThis would have been only six days after Megan was last seen alive. Has it been reported what kind of condition Megan's apartment was in? Dallas locals, please be careful!
Hi, not sure. Like you, I couldn't find the article at gunslinginggranny's link about Plano LE warning women frequenting Plano parks about the man with black clothes and car following women at the Arbor Hills Preserve - but I assumed it was due to my iPad issues and having Javascript turned off. (Figured maybe it was a news video blurb I wasn't seeing.) I think Mercedes, who quoted gunslinginggranny's post and commented about the $5,000 reward, MAY have been referring to the Maham Rd apartment attack reward offer (which was $5k)...but maybe she can chime in on that to clarify. But that's a separate incident from the parks incidents (as far as we know). Those apts on Maham Road are at the convergence of two huge traffic arteries in northeastern Dallas, and not in Plano, in an area probably considered less "safe" than suburban Plano.

Update: The warning about Plano parks appears to be from an undated news blurb on a now-defunct women's news blog site (scroll almost all the way down--above the Canada news): http://www.zontadistrict12.org/pp_status/status200609/NorthAmerica.htm ~ If you scroll ALL the way down and click "back" it'll take you to the site's homepage (an error page of sorts), where you can see the last post was Feb 2017--so it can't have anything to do with the crime news in this thread, at least.

Her missing phone could be laying smashed in some street with the killer's fingerprints on it. Why can't the police tell residents what her phone looks like and to look for it? Or for people to turn in any phone they find around the nature preserve and Lake Hubbard?

Hi, not sure. Like you, I couldn't find the article at gunslinginggranny's link about Plano LE warning women frequenting Plano parks about the man with black clothes and car following women at the Arbor Hills Preserve - but I assumed it was due to my iPad issues and having Javascript turned off. (Figured maybe it was a news video blurb I wasn't seeing.) I think Mercedes, who quoted gunslinginggranny's post and commented about the $5,000 reward, MAY have been referring to the Maham Rd apartment attack reward offer (which was $5k)...but maybe she can chime in on that to clarify. But that's a separate incident from the parks incidents (as far as we know). Those apts on Maham Road are at the convergence of two huge traffic arteries in northeastern Dallas, and not in Plano, in an area probably considered less "safe" than suburban Plano.

Hi there, Mercedes here. I may not have known it was Wednesday today, but I knew that I had read an article at Granny's link about a $5,000 reward for Meghan. I went back to Granny's post again and pulled up the article. Scroll down close to the bottom of the page, on the left side column I saw an article dated April 20th about Meghan this morning. It is not in the same place now. At the bottom of the local column, press "more," when more stories come up scroll down 3 or 4 and you will see Meghan's photo and discussion about reward.
If you have any questions, let me know. :read:

Hi there, Mercedes here. I may not have known it was Wednesday today, but I knew that I had read an article at Granny's link about a $5,000 reward for Meghan. I went back to Granny's post again and pulled up the article. Scroll down close to the bottom of the page, on the left side column I saw an article dated April 20th about Meghan this morning. It is not in the same place now. At the bottom of the local column, press "more," when more stories come up scroll down 3 or 4 and you will see Meghan's photo and discussion about reward.If you have any questions, let me know. :read:
Thanks for the play-by-play, Mercedes! Clicking the blue link, then clicking "More local" under the "local" news column takes you to another page with both articles and $5K rewards concerning them. Here is the web address for the April 26 article (today) specifically about Megan's investigation and reward money: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Re...-Getrum-Homicide-Investigation-420512623.html (***The copy/ paste about the Plano LE warnings concerning Plano parks is still from that older, undated women's news blog site, as far as I can tell, though. See post #188 above.)

From the above link it seems that her apartment (with parked car) "backs up to" the Arbor Hills Nature Preserve.
Investigators said Getrum's car was found parked outside her apartment, which backs up to the preserve.Police said previously they are treating Getrum's disappearance and death as suspicious. The Dallas County Medical Examiner's office is working to determine Getrum's cause and manner of death.

I used to live about one mile from Arbor Hills park in west Plano. Remember when it opened, and going there the first time, I thought it was absolutely gorgeous. It is very wooded, with streams, and slight changes in elevation, very unusual for this part of Texas. However, as a woman, I can't imagine going there after dark, but I am very cautious. So, I am thinking she was nearing her apt. around 8:30, when the signal from her cell phone was picked up. By looking at her Facebook, and hearing about her occupation, she seemed to be an intelligent, young, woman, with little to no drama in her life, and would not be your usual crime victim. So, I am thinking she was at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and it was an abduction by a stranger. The Dallas North Tollway is a short distance from this area, and would make for an easy getaway.

I do know the Plano PD are second to none, and they will solve this mystery.

IMHO

I used to live about one mile from Arbor Hills park in west Plano. Remember when it opened, and going there the first time, I thought it was absolutely gorgeous. It is very wooded, with streams, and slight changes in elevation, very unusual for this part of Texas. However, as a woman, I can't imagine going there after dark, but I am very cautious. So, I am thinking she was nearing her apt. around 8:30, when the signal from her cell phone was picked up. By looking at her Facebook, and hearing about her occupation, she seemed to be an intelligent, young, woman, with little to no drama in her life, and would not be your usual crime victim. So, I am thinking she was at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and it was an abduction by a stranger. The Dallas North Tollway is a short distance from this area, and would make for an easy getaway.

I do know the Plano PD are second to none, and they will solve this mystery.

IMHO

I totally respect your opinion, I personally who lived just east at West Parker and Independence, I would have no issue walking anywhere west Plano after dark.

I do agree PPD will get to the bottom of this!

1bb88873ed0ced268a7ff2df6d5b7279.jpg

28 year old cold case PPD solved . They'll do a good job .

Bear in mind Dallas county ME is Extremely busy . Might take a while for that autopsy results .

True, but it could just be apt managers organizing this for the safety of their tenants.
That makes me think they think the tenants are in danger and had been attacked at the park or on her way to her place and by either a neighbor or stalker. Then again it could be the person doing the event. Since theylike inserting themselves. But the people likely worry for the others living there and they're trying to do this so if anyone else is killed people can't say they didn't warn them

Any news on how the safety seminar in her apartment building went last night? Anyone end up going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So because this case has gotten so little attention I went and sent lordanArts a message about the case and maybe he can cover it in a brainscratch and get it attention and maybe everyone here can go comment on his newest videos suggesting the case or send a message about it on YouTube or twitter or here if he uses this and I think he uses reddit also. Because if there is some killer out there who isn't a one time killer then that's scary that it's getting so little attention. Maybe if someone can get a screenshot of that blog post everyone keeps having trouble with I'll attach it in a message. My iPhone doesn't like the site it's on

So because this case has gotten so little attention I went and sent lordanArts a message about the case and maybe he can cover it in a brainscratch and get it attention and maybe everyone here can go comment on his newest videos suggesting the case or send a message about it on YouTube or twitter or here if he uses this and I think he uses reddit also. Because if there is some killer out there who isn't a one time killer then that's scary that it's getting so little attention. Maybe if someone can get a screenshot of that blog post everyone keeps having trouble with I'll attach it in a message. My iPhone doesn't like the site it's on

I fb messaged Plano PD about why there is not more media attention. They told me that there was no evidence of a crime and they do not believe there is any threat to the community at this time. I think they are still waiting for a definitive cause of death before they make assumptions. Not sure what to think of it. But I love Plano, and I know from personal experience that Plano PD are some of the best in the country. I have faith that they will get to the bottom of it.

b6a56cb1d2528277d660958b43ebb600.png

The seminar was only for residents. They weren't allowing anyone else in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maym
Back