GUILTY TX - Megan Getrum, 36, murdered, Plano, 18 April 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I started to make a point about where she was found and someone came into my office. I just sort of bailed on my comment.

The place the news announced that Megan was found is across a small residential street from apartments along the lake. I feel like she probably​ didn't go into the water where she was found.

Across the water there are boat ramps and fishing spots where you can walk out into the water. They are​ mostly away from homes/apartments. I wouldn't go anywhere near there after dark, but I read Websleuths.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I started to make a point about where she was found and someone came into my office. I just sort of bailed on my comment.

The place the news announced that Megan was found is across a small residential street from apartments along the lake. I feel like she probably​ didn't go into the water where she was found.

Across the water there are boat ramps and fishing spots where you can walk out into the water. They are​ mostly away from homes/apartments. I wouldn't go anywhere near there after dark, but I read Websleuths.

No way I'd go there after dark. I would have gone to Arbor Hills after dark. (Not alone, I read websleuths. lol)

I am trying to imagine a scenario where she would have left the preserve or her apartment Friday night and go to Lake Hubbard dressed in biking/sporting clothes.

Looking at info about the lake it sounds like it is a large area with trails and bike paths. I was wondering if anyone local could shed more light on the lake area, if it is a place where an outdoor enthusiast that appears to enjoy tranquil hikes would go on a Friday night. Is it a place where a person might go seeking solitude or is it brimming with activity? Is it closed after hours?

Since the body was reported being found Saturday morning close to the shoreline I am assuming she had to have gone there Friday night after the 8:30 PM cell phone contact.

That would not explain how she got there, since her car was at her apartment. Where I live it is not unusual for bikers to take their bike on the city bus.

However, it does not sound to me like she would have taken off on a Friday night just for a bike ride to a lake some distance away without her vehicle unless she didn't want to be discovered.

Just catching up and sorry if this has been answered but for myself personally, if I wanted to do nighttime biking or outdoor trail activity I would go to white rock lake. Always people there, well lit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Dallas - I've been surprised at how little coverage this case has. Anyone else?

I live less than three miles from arbor hills, and have only heard about it on websleuths. I went there today, not as many people as usual, but still busy.

Just catching up and sorry if this has been answered but for myself personally, if I wanted to do nighttime biking or outdoor trail activity I would go to white rock lake. Always people there, well lit.

Same.

There is also a consistent LE presence, after some events in the past few years.

I live less than three miles from arbor hills, and have only heard about it on websleuths. I went there today, not as many people as usual, but still busy.

I don't live local anymore but all my family does and I still listen to the local sports station as well as the local news stations, and I'm surprised there's not more coverage. Same with the woman found murdered in Ft. Worth. It's like all we hear about is the John Wiley Price case or Tony Romo!

I don't live local anymore but all my family does and I still listen to the local sports station as well as the local news stations, and I'm surprised there's not more coverage. Same with the woman found murdered in Ft. Worth. It's like all we hear about is the John Wiley Price case or Tony Romo!

I agree. It's frustrating that the media seems to move on so quickly. I think about the Ft Worth woman, too, and can't find anything about her. I don't think there's a thread about her on this site, either? I would create one if I knew the logistics.

ETA: Found the thread on here for the Ft Worth woman, Molly Matheson.

I agree. It's frustrating that the media seems to move on so quickly. I think about the Ft Worth woman, too, and can't find anything about her. I don't think there's a thread about her on this site, either? I would create one if I knew the logistics.

There is one. Her name is Molly Matheson. Sorry I'm on mobile or I'd link it for you.

I'm also frustrated. But I feel like the police know more than they are letting on. If they had nothing, they'd probably be asking the news to keep it on the air more often to generate more tips. The fact that they aren't saying anything means they have a significant lead or they have an answer, IMO.

I'm also frustrated. But I feel like the police know more than they are letting on. If they had nothing, they'd probably be asking the news to keep it on the air more often to generate more tips. The fact that they aren't saying anything means they have a significant lead or they have an answer, IMO.

Do you think so? I sure hope you're right.

The one thing I will say is that I know Plano LE are always out and about and equipped pretty dang well with good technology. If I was a criminal, I would reconsider committing a crime in Plano. I usually pass three or four just on the way to my daughters school which is not more than 6 miles away from me. I also see a lot of officers I know off duty at the trail with their families or just hiking/biking. It would take an insanely brazen person to abduct someone from arbor hills IMO. I've seen some quirky people in there before, but, no one I would ever see as dangerous.

The one thing I will say is that I know Plano LE are always out and about and equipped pretty dang well with good technology. If I was a criminal, I would reconsider committing a crime in Plano. I usually pass three or four just on the way to my daughters school which is not more than 6 miles away from me. I also see a lot of officers I know off duty at the trail with their families or just hiking/biking. It would take an insanely brazen person to abduct someone from arbor hills IMO. I've seen some quirky people in there before, but, no one I would ever see as dangerous.

Totally agree. And the parking lot is RIGHT of 544, which is a road that has pretty consistent travel. It's not a terribly large parking lot. It would be so brazen. IMO, something maybe happened in her apartment parking lot.

ETA: It's actually W Parker Rd. for non locals looking at the map.

Totally agree. And the parking lot is RIGHT of 544, which is a road that has pretty consistent travel. It's not a terribly large parking lot. It would be so brazen. IMO, something maybe happened in her apartment parking lot.

ETA: It's actually W Parker Rd. for non locals looking at the map.

Yes! There is a fire station within site of the parking lot as well.

Yes! There is a fire station within site of the parking lot as well.

I completely forgot about that! It's so so close next to the parking lot.

I completely forgot about that! It's so so close next to the parking lot.

Yes! I have scoured almost every inch of arbor hills because before we knew too much about the Christina Morris case I was certain that is where whats his face took her as it was so close to the shops at legacy and you could get there easily without hopping on a toll road. And there is an island in the middle of the main parking lot that would be easy to hit in the dark if you were drunk as well as many mini boulders in between parking spots which could have accounted for the damage to his car.

And please ignore my grammar blunders between cooking and auto correct my posts are sometimes lacking in grammar accuracy.

Yes. Agree. They were pretty much on point with the Christina Morris case. I feel they're doing their thing and this will be resolved. The fact that there's not much media kind of gives me hope they've got this.

Reddit is how I heard about the case. True crime discussion and I think unsolved mysteries both have threads for it. I am very curious do any locals know how easy it would be to see in windows if the apartments from the park or anywhere close? I feel she was watched from somewhere

Until the autopsy results are released I don't think there is a lot to report . PPD requested anyone in the park that day to come forward .

IF the person lived In one of the nearby apartments why go to RH and all those toll booths ? Then have to return home ? Perhaps they were from Dallas , rock wall ect and RH was on the way home . ? Sounds more plausible unless it's all meant to throw the investigation off.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back