GUILTY TX - Megan Getrum, 36, murdered, Plano, 18 April 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you have a link to the thing saying no foul play? Everything I saw made it sound like they either hadn't said or weren't sure. I don't think she went to meet anyone either but I do feel giving her full description would help since they'd know if they saw someone more so if they list all the clothes cause the shoes and shirt sounded generic to me honestly and I can't even picture what type of shirt they mean. Like is it a shirt with a bike on it a shirt that's a bike brand or a shirt for biking is what I keep thinking. And brightly colored shoes like that are everywhere in Oregon at least so it just seems like it would be better to give a full description if they're looking for people who may have seen her like they mention.

Several news articles stated this and were posted up thread. Here's one link that states, "no obvious signs of trauma". I'm about to get on a plane or would look through the thread for the article that mentioned no foul play. LE posted actual pictures of the shirt and shoes, which is also posted up thread several times...

http://www.fox4news.com/news/249822631-story

I think that's how Megan was moved to the lake but do the toll booths have workers in them that would hear if someone was alive in a trunk and cameras?

Perhaps cameras (aimed at license plates), but the tolls haven't been manned by actual ppl for many years...all electronic reading of tolltags and plates (so they can bill you if you don't have a tag).

ETA: it'd be my guess that if someone took her in his car, he'd not want to raise suspicion by going through the tolls without a tag. Camera taking a pic of your license plate would be something a killer would not want to chance. Which makes me also suspect (if she were transported and killed via tolled route) that the killer was somewhat local to the area--though we're talking about a huge area. These tolltags are not only for the main east-west artery (President George Bush Turnpike), but also for the main north-south one (Dallas North Tollway)--and it'd probably be safe to bet most locals have them.

I've wanted to know the answer to this myself. Because I don't know if someone here just said her keys were in there or if keys haven't been mentioned at all and they assumed. Cause I just don't see how she could leave them in without leaving her door unlocked or having a spare or something.
I haven't been able to find anything indicating whether her keys were found in her apartment.

No mention of her wallet, either, but this article does say, "Getrum's car remained at her apartment, where police also found her purse." (BBM)

Could Megan have been using something like this?
61SLKA7pf4L._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Trianium-Ott...=8-7&keywords=cell+phone+case+with+key+holder

Several news articles stated this and were posted up thread. Here's one link that states, "no obvious signs of trauma". I'm about to get on a plane or would look through the thread for the article that mentioned no foul play. LE posted actual pictures of the shirt and shoes, which is also posted up thread several times...

Oh yea I totally forgot I had read that one. i wish I could remember where I read it but one thing I read made it sound up in the air like they weren't sure. I'll have to try to get the photos posted of the clothes to load. Cause the articles I read mentioning them no photo ever loaded so maybe my phone isn't liking them.

Perhaps cameras (aimed at license plates), but the tolls haven't been manned by actual ppl for many years...all electronic reading of tolltags and plates (so they can bill you if you don't have a tag).

ETA: it'd be my guess that if someone took her in his car, he'd not want to raise suspicion by going through the tolls without a tag. Camera taking a pic of your license plate would be something a killer would not want to chance. Which makes me also suspect (if she were transported and killed via tolled route) that the killer was somewhat local to the area--though we're talking about a huge area. These tolltags are not only for the main east-west artery (President George Bush Turnpike), but also for the main north-south one (Dallas North Tollway)--and it'd probably be safe to bet most locals have them.

Are there any back roads that lack tolls? Cause that would seem even more local. I know if I was this guy I wouldn't know the toll stuff cause I'm not from the area or state so I agree with you. I think she likely would be moved in the trunk to avoid cameras. I wonder if there are any back roads that may take longer but go from close to the preserve and to by the lake

I haven't been able to find anything indicating whether her keys were found in her apartment.

No mention of her wallet, either, but this article does say, "Getrum's car remained at her apartment, where police also found her purse." (BBM)

Could Megan have been using something like this?
61SLKA7pf4L._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Trianium-Ott...=8-7&keywords=cell+phone+case+with+key+holder

That's what I was thinking is she had some runners device like that. So when people say the keys were at home and the wallet I get confused since I hadn't read it anywhere besides here

Are there any back roads that lack tolls? Cause that would seem even more local. I know if I was this guy I wouldn't know the toll stuff cause I'm not from the area or state so I agree with you. I think she likely would be moved in the trunk to avoid cameras. I wonder if there are any back roads that may take longer but go from close to the preserve and to by the lake

There are many roads that can be taken to avoid tolls, but it would take so much longer to get there, and I'd think it would be risky with all of the red lights and lower/various speed limits to pay attention to. I know I wouldn't know these roads without using a navigation system, though.

Bumping for Megan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are many roads that can be taken to avoid tolls, but it would take so much longer to get there, and I'd think it would be risky with all of the red lights and lower/various speed limits to pay attention to. I know I wouldn't know these roads without using a navigation system, though.

Well I think it depends on if we have a experienced smart killer or an amateur. Because I feel the best idea would be get the body there quick(I'll assume for these scenario she's in the trunk) and the route that's a backroad like you said has lots of lights and the changing speeds and maybe cops sitting around and more likely a chance to be caught. Now if she was still alive and this guy was an amateur then she likely was possibly in the car in front with him. I guess I just see most people who aren't smart and don't have a mind for crime or experience reading stuff about cases thinking the backroad will be safer when it most likely isn't. Though I know where I'm at in Oregon we have lots of safer backroad through wooded rural areas and even some logging roads that connect to other areas but my guess is this area doesn't have those like we do. I've only ever driven through Texas so my knowledge of it is limited as far as roads go.

I'm tempted to check if there's a page for her in Facebook but ever since being in a group for the Delphi girls and this Tammy thing from reddit turned unsolved mysteries group I started getting weird creepy guys trying to add me from states nowhere near me and so now even more so I don't want to join a group for a case (I only ever do if it's private unless I become a member) but I do want to see if anyone has posted anything new. Because it seems as if no new info has came out its odd.

After my last comment in a delphi group I got a request from what looks like someone you'd read a Reddit creepy encounter or let's not meet story about.

I'm surprised no rumors even about it are around. Like something about her love life or anything that people are whispering about that could be related to the case. Normally you hear some. I mean like people are saying the park still seems full like nobody is aware of what happened and that seems a safety problem and you'd think they'd want everyone to know or put a sign up on the park entrance to warn people someone could be stalking and attacking girls(if that's what happened that is)

Thinking about getting to LRH without the toll-way from Arbor Hills... Josey Ln North, 380 East and then 78 south.. Not exactly direct, but main roads without tolls and not overly developed.

Oh, No !, I wonder if this lake is starting to become a dumping ground for someone

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Both appear to have been found in the same general area.. Which could suggest a similar dumping location...

Oh, No !, I wonder if this lake is starting to become a dumping ground for someone

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

I wonder if something made them look for more bodies related to Megan's case or if they were just looking for stuff related to her and not to her and maybe other bodies but I feel dumping grounds nay be correct and maybe his guy went missing at a park also

How many more bodies do we think they may find and if it's the same killer are they all from that park? Wonder if there's a missing persons from close to her home

<snip>

Ok..didn't meant Quote myself but having "REPLY"Issues on here lately...

I had another thought about this other body found-- what if HE was the one who took her there, and somehow she disabled him while fighting back which would explain both bodies being found in / around same location??

Just thinking out loud as I have not read anything new on this 2nd body so guess I need to wait for updates !!

<snip>

Ok..didn't meant Quote myself but having "REPLY"Issues on here lately...

I had another thought about this other body found-- what if HE was the one who took her there, and somehow she disabled him while fighting back which would explain both bodies being found in / around same location??

Just thinking out loud as I have not read anything new on this 2nd body so guess I need to wait for updates !!

The issue there would be wouldn't they have found his car by now? EVen if he fell in tossing her body and drowned it leaves the car

No new news that I can find. :(

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb