Found Alive TX - Melissa Highsmith, 21 mos, Fort Worth, 23 Aug 1971 *found alive in 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bump for Melissa and all the little lost ones. there is a case on the dateline website about a little girl, kidnapped at age 4 1/2 in 1973. her name is Rhonda Christie. there was a link to it on the Anna Waters thread. Rhonda searched her whole life and finally in her 40's she found her family and photos to match her vague memories. it seems that something is leading the lost babies home. Jaycee, Carlina, Rhonda..... it brings hope for the others. cudos to everyone at websleuths who put so much time and heart into helping find these children. i am in awe each and every time i sign on here.

Sorry for the roughness

Attachments

• Composite of suspect in male form.jpg
    Composite of suspect in male form.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 234
bump for Melissa and all the little lost ones. there is a case on the dateline website about a little girl, kidnapped at age 4 1/2 in 1973. her name is Rhonda Christie. there was a link to it on the Anna Waters thread. Rhonda searched her whole life and finally in her 40's she found her family and photos to match her vague memories. it seems that something is leading the lost babies home. Jaycee, Carlina, Rhonda..... it brings hope for the others. cudos to everyone at websleuths who put so much time and heart into helping find these children. i am in awe each and every time i sign on here.

I do really hope Melissa, my son Dirk and all abducted/missing babies will return home safe

Hello websleuthers, I'm a long-time reader here but this is my first post.

I have some questions about this case.

First of all, does anyone know when the last time that Alta's roommate has been spoken to regarding the suspect? The "well-dressed" description & suspect sketch leave very little to go on. Does anyone know if the suspect was tall, short, thin, what color her eyes were, her skin tone, etc? How about an accent when Alta spoke to ""Ruth Johnson" on the phone? Did she sound like a Texan to Alta?

I wish there was a media outlet willing to not merely regurgitate the facts as they were known to be in '71, but that would actually dig in and do some real investigative work on this case.

I have some further thoughts on this and would like to talk with some of you websleuthers who know the case. Here's hoping my "bump" inspires something...

Another **bump** in the hopes that Melissa's family member(s) will see this and begin posting again - I have questions that might help, if only I can get some answers. Please, please help me get this investigation rolling again! I'm sure it can be discouraging to keep looking for all these years, but I feel like Melissa is out there, somewhere, believing that she was adopted and searching for her real family. Someone please respond and help get this investigation rolling again!

I would really like to talk to someone about this case.

I have thoughts and ideas about it that I don't feel comfortable sharing on a public board. I've tried to private message the board owner, Tricia, but must not have those privileges yet. If you happen to see this, Tricia, please contact me and allow private messaging on my account.

Another bump up for Melissa.

Still holding out hope - wish I could discuss this case with someone more knowledgeable than myself. Sigh. If there's anyone out there that wants to dig deeper with me, please contact me. Thanks.

Still holding out hope - wish I could discuss this case with someone more knowledgeable than myself. Sigh. If there's anyone out there that wants to dig deeper with me, please contact me. Thanks.

This is a case I would love to know more on, What happened to little Melissa. Perhaps you can flag your own post, to bring it to the attention of a moderator and ask them to move it this thread or a new one to the Parking Lot. I am not quite sure how that works, but, it takes the thread out of the main, makes it member only and keeps the thread from showing up in Google.

In the UK we use family DNA a lot to find criminals i.e we get DNA from a crime scene and put it through the database, not just for a full match, but for a match that could be a relative. Have melissa's sisters put their DNA in the database to see if there is anyone who could be a sister on it.
melissa would be forty now, so there needs to be a campaign aiming at contacting her - age progressions etc.

I log on to this thread everytime hoping that there will be some news on Melissa. Sadly, none so far. I keep the faith that one day she will be searching and find her way home.

Wonder if garage bins around the apartment was ever searched? Extra clothes that were handed to the woman, she may not have wanted to have those traced. So she discarded them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back