GUILTY TX - Melissa Sowders, 26, Harris County, 26 December 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So do we now know MS didn't have their toddler with him? If he didn't have her, then the murder would seem to be premeditated on his part, since she was meeting him to see the baby.

The BF said in an interview from last night that the ex wasn't aware she was pregnant, that she wasn't going to tell him. But I do wonder if maybe Melissa ended up telling him she was pregnant at the McDonald's meet, and that's what set him off.

MOO. . I think the ex may have found out through the grapevine. It's just the impression I got. I think he knew before she mustered up the courage to tell him.

Wow, MS already arrested on capital murder charges so death penalty on the table. We don't mess around in Texas. Here is his mugshot. Look at how..menacing he looks. He looks completely different than in the sweet and cute pictures he has posted with his kids on FB.

Oh man, I feel like a dumbarse for thinking this guy may have been innocent.
Poor Melissa, this mean looking face was the last thing she saw....

View attachment 39896

Don't feel bad. His FB was "sanitized." I knew it. It was too sweet. You just learn these things after awhile. He had some similar photos on his FB, but they were "scrubbed." There were huge holes in his FB timeline. That's a red flag that things have been deleted.

I know you all know I was hard on him right from the starting gates. I understand why posters were suspicious of her bf. BUT as odd as he was, I knew he was being truthful. He rambled. He wasn't being conscientious of what he was saying. Liars stumble because they are aware and self conscience about the fact that they are lying. The bf's ramblings were things that would be too easily verified. LE was not interested in him. They were putting the screws to the ex. That alone screams that they already verified the bf and found him to be truthful.

Anyone who was paying attention could tell the ex lied about meeting at McDonald's. The bf was the last person to see her. She had plans to meet the ex and called the bf from McD's saying he was there. But yet LE says that the bf was still the last person to see her, but she was "seen" at McD's? Direct translation=she went to McD's, was "seen" on tape, but the ex denies being there. Uh. . .yeah. . .but the news reports that he was there with a child? You better believe LE knows he was there!

They also knew where her car was. And exactly where she dropped off the grid. There is no doubt in my mind that they pinged her phone and the ex's phone the same day she went missing. They knew EXACTLY what happened! And my money is on that they knew the bf told the truth, but the ex lied. Look. . .somebody can be the sleaziest, odd character, but if they are telling the truth, then that is what it is. Liars are much more dangerous. They have something to hide.

None of you know me so it must look like I'm one of those people with their head in the sand and blind to the truth but I'm very practical and logical. My gut tells me that all is not what it seems. I also want to support Matt's mother who's been a friend of mine for over 20 yrs. Whatever the final outcome is, Matt's family and Melissa's family (whom I don't know) do not deserve to go thru something like this. My heart breaks for those little girls.

Welcome. And there is nothing wrong with supporting your friend. I hope you stick around. What you will find here is that a lot of posters have seen the underbelly. . .have been victims or are loved ones of victims, of people that most "normal" people have a hard time understanding really even exist. It's real. Some priests, teachers, boy scout leaders and youth pastors are really child rapists. The trusted doctor, banker, mailman or upstanding small business owner is really a serial killer. Evil walks among us. Human beings have the capacity to be the most vile, heinous creatures on earth. Take a stroll through this located forum. There are several new threads everyday. All of these people had loved ones, their perpetrators have loved ones too. And those loved ones have loyal friends. It's a very large, sick, twisted tree of pain and betrayal.

I can't imagine what your friend, Matthew's mother, is feeling at this moment. I'm a mother too. She must be in complete denial, if for nothing more, than keeping her sanity. You bring a innocent child into this world, love it and do the best that you can, but something like this happens. The self doubt and over whelming guilt must be unbearable.

But hear me now. You say you are a logical person. This case was overwhelmingly obvious from the get go. Matthew lied to the police. They have him, most likely, on multiple video tapes. I've been to this rodeo more times than I'd like to admit. They pinged Melissa's phone. They pinged Matthew's phone. Why do you think they found her car right off the bat? Why did they "know" she was in Cypress Creek? It's because they had the evidence. Not all cases are like this. Some go on for years without the kind of evidence that was so obvious here. As this evidence starts becoming public, I just want you to be prepared. You are going to be conflicted. And that is OK. His mother is not at fault. You are not at fault, when you start realizing that Matthew really did do this. He did this. And no one. . .NO ONE really knows what is in the heart or the mind of another.

I hate to be the one that lays it out like that. But you will learn. I wish you didn't have to. I wish that this didn't happen. I wish that Melissa was here, happily playing and loving her beautiful girls while preparing for the birth of another child. But, because of the actions of one man, that's not the reality. And reality is a cold, hard b*tch. Some of us learned that early on, some of us had to wait. Some lucky few will never have to learn. Welcome to this big green rock. :hug:

BBM. I agree.

I was shocked when I saw news footage of the whole thing going down. I guess the media was already staked out in front of the home, but I had to wonder why they weren't evacuated before the arrest. LE including federal LE is about to arrest a presumably dangerous criminal but don't clear civilians from the area beforehand? What if he'd had a weapon and started shooting? Innocent bystanders could have been injured or killed.

ETA for clarity: I am not saying I think he is innocent, simply that I was shocked that the arrest was recorded as it was.

MOO. . he was being staked out. It is SOP to watch their suspect. And I can guarantee you they were there since day one. They just pulled poor Melissa out of the creek and he leaves the house? This is TX. . he posted that he moved to OK. He's a flight risk. They had to arrest him right then. I don't think they had anytime to pre-plan a neighborhood evacuation. "There's movement. Perp is in sight. He's leaving the house approaching a vehicle. :spshhhhh(static): Move in." End of story.

ETA- media knew there was going to be a likely arrest. They already found the body. Nothing to report from Cypress Creek anymore. They moved to where he was known to be to hopefully catch the arrest. . or maybe catch of glimpse of him or his attorney and get a statement.

BBM...Ok, that was just so cute! :)

BBM...And don't forget gas stations!!

Isn't everyone proud that I figured out how to multi-quote. (I did it because I can. :))

Be careful Snoods. We need you and I do not want to start a Missing Snoods thread!!

Quit yer braggin' I haven't figured out how to do multi-quote yet!:floorlaugh:

Okay, a Missing Snoods thread cracked me up! Thanks for your concern, Plumy (and everyone else) :blowkiss: ! Sadly, it wasn't necessary for me to take the drive.

Thanks for the kind words and insight, hambirg. I'm smacking myself in the head after reading your post. Yep, makes perfect sense. Great post. (((hugs)))) to you for the pain you've experienced that enabled you to write such a thoughtful post.

I wasn't offended at all. I came into this forum a little strong because I'm extremely loyal to my friends and I have strong convictions when I believe in something or someone. That was the basis of why I made the statement that I did, not from anything you said.

The arrest was just a little too dramatic. Almost like they had to make a very quick and public arrest for the media's sake. For God sakes, they made his father lay down on the driveway as if he were a criminal.

I choose to believe that Matt is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I strongly believe that Melissa and her family deserve justice as well.

Would the arrest have been because of the potential risk to the officers? He is a big man, who the police believe is capable of extreme violence (murder). I'm sure they had their reasons.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9380206

According to court documents, a witness told investigators she came to Matthew Sowders' apartment the day Melissa Sowders disappeared, and when he opened the door, the witness saw what appeared to be a woman's feet and lower legs lying on the floor of the apartment.

She says Sowders shut the door before she saw anything else.

According to prosecutors, that same woman called Sowders later and let a deputy listen to conversation. That deputy says Sowders told the woman he had strangled his wife after she pulled a gun on him and ditched her car in the Greenspoint area.

:( I wonder where the kids were.
so sad, I'd imagine he just snapped. Three families destroyed because someone never learned to control his temper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Pretty damning witness statements coming to light this morning. I'm not so sure he thought this through at all....

So proud of his friends for having the courage to do the right thing!

Just.so.sad...

Assuming she DID make it to McD's, I think he planned it long enough to get her to his apt... I don't think this was premeditated in that he'd been planning for days, weeks, etc... I think something that morning made him lose it... Maybe he heard/she confirmed the pregnancy and he realized there was no going back...

So sad for four little innocent girls.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Strange that he would open the door while Melissa is in full view. Plus he has told people that he killed her and then tells his lawyer he didn't do it. Wonder if these witnesses are credible and did the police tape the call that they listened into? I hope they did.

If this is all true then I think he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Strange that he would open the door while Melissa is in full view. Plus he has told people that he killed her and then tells his lawyer he didn't do it. Wonder if these witnesses are credible and did the police tape the call that they listened into? I hope they did.

If this is all true then I think he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Let's see. One of them believes she saw a body and says he told her he strangled her. The other says he told her he stangled her and put her in Cypress Creek.

They find her.. dead ... in Cypres Creek ..oh, and she is strangled.

Those witnesses were either credible or really really lucky rumor starters!

I just don't think he thought this through .. and isn't very bright.

So many lives ruined..

Rest in Peace, Melissa.

:rose:

We incidentally drove by the McDonalds, the creek and Richie Road last night en route to the airport. We all had a moment of silence for her family and children. Blessings to them.

BBM. I agree.

I was shocked when I saw news footage of the whole thing going down. I guess the media was already staked out in front of the home, but I had to wonder why they weren't evacuated before the arrest. LE including federal LE is about to arrest a presumably dangerous criminal but don't clear civilians from the area beforehand? What if he'd had a weapon and started shooting? Innocent bystanders could have been injured or killed.

ETA for clarity: I am not saying I think he is innocent, simply that I was shocked that the arrest was recorded as it was.

I'm not shocked that your shocked.

Well, that's pretty damning evidence against him. I must say I'm shocked to say the least. I stick by my statement that he was raised in a loving home. We never know what's truly inside a person until something like this happens.

Well, that's pretty damning evidence against him. I must say I'm shocked to say the least. I stick by my statement that he was raised in a loving home. We never know what's truly inside a person until something like this happens.

how true. If its any consolation it doesn't sound like he planned to murder her answering the door with her bodxy visible etc.

how true. If its any consolation it doesn't sound like he planned to murder her answering the door with her bodxy visible etc.

I agree as it appears to be a crime of passion. In his defense, I truly believe that he couldn't have lived with this for the rest of his life. I honestly don't believe that his family saw this coming or they would've done something to stop it.

I wonder where his children were if he did this? That's so strange. Are they thinking he killed her at the home, or brought her there after killing her??

I agree as it appears to be a crime of passion. In his defense, I truly believe that he couldn't have lived with this for the rest of his life. I honestly don't believe that his family saw this coming or they would've done something to stop it.

Families rarely know their loved one is abusive (and I think there is enough evidence to show a traditional pattern that culminates in murder whether preplanned or not), it just isn't something shown by most. Its a secret crime, one that goes on behind closed doors with threats if anyone finds out. Certainly the victim isn't going to dare to tell his family or it would get back to him and he isn't going to admit it either. Telling her family is another story though, she did that.
and friends of hers knew.

His family i am sure had no knowledge at all even after she went missing. They have now suffered a loss too

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72
Back