Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he have supplies delivered for the cars he worked on? Did he work with any materials that he would have to show a driver's license to purchase (like freon, etc)?

What did his typical work day consist of? What type of work did he do for the stepson or soninlaw as stated earlier?

I agree with LE foul play and given the timeline we know, the hat not in its place, no open working project, it appears premeditated and well planned to me, possibly a professional hitman.

News won't report unless there is something new. Create a new event and contact them whether a fundraiser, public searches, prayer vigil, etc.

I would hold volunteer searches every weekend. Read Christina Morris case for ideas. Inspecting dirt settling too. Ask public to check their properties. Are there any old wells around?

I would seek more dog teams. There was a missing person, Annie Schmidt, lost in Oregon mountains. LE searched for I think 2 weeks, dogs, thermal helicopters, you name it. Couldn't find her and called off search. Family held their own searches and she was eventually found by an amazing dog and handler out of Utah.the terrain was rough and she was hidden by overgrown brush and plants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This thought is really out there, but are there alligators in the area? I'm in Tyler and just watched a video on knue about a 10.5 foot alligator in Hawkins with warning signs going up this week at Lindale park, Hawkins, and even Lake Palestine. I know Sabine River is also full of them.

Does anybody that is close to MC own a motorcycle, I am wondering if this is the reason that he only took his drivers license with him, a wallet is too cumbersome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any transcripts of the press conferences?

Are there any transcripts of the press conferences?

Not that I'm aware of but I'd love to read them if they are.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I feel definite foul play here. The blood drops make me lean towards MC was shot and likely where the bunch were gathered. Being a FF, he could have covered the bleeding area with cloth/pressure quickly and stopping the blood as he got closer to the door and outside. He could have locked the door on his way out to attempt to protect the home and belongings. I think his hat and his phone were on his person. Now the DL, is puzzling, maybe proof of hit carried out, maybe MC grabbed DL in case he escaped and made it for him, maybe he feared for his life and wanted to make identification easier when found, or perp could have intended to make him go bank withdraw funds but something went wrong resulting in shooting.

Was his wallet dusted for blood and prints?

I have often wondered if his wallet was dusted for prints. I've seen posts earlier that all prints in the shop were Michael's but that doesn't really seem possible in that his son-in-law helped him with cars, his wife must have come into the shop sometimes. I wonder if LE has not been totally forthcoming with information to the family. And again I wonder of prints on the wallet. My 21 yr old son doesn't like to carry his wallet on him much, if he needs his DL he just removes it and brings it with him. Maybe whomever committed this act hit MC in the head or worse shot him, got him in a vehicle and instead of taking his wallet he grabbed the DL because that's all he needed to have MC secure money from the bank. Then as you suggest more went wrong, a struggle perhaps and the plan was aborted and his body dumped elsewhere.

Not that I'm aware of but I'd love to read them if they are.

I will transcribe them if someone has the links to them.

Sent from my RCT6973W43 using Tapatalk

Did he know the person who checked him out? I say this because I usually am acquainted with my checker and they know my age so they do not ask for ID. Older people (like me) tend to go to familiar checkers and follow familiar routines. Has anyone talked to the checker at Walmart?

This seems like it would rule out a person using or wanting his DL to get his prescriptions. So, no druggies looking for drugs I wouldn't think.

Big dogs usually scare crooks unless they know the big dog can't get out ...
I was recently robbed after my big dog had died. I have cameras but they still got a lot off of my back porch. I say this because I know it had to be someone who knew me. I'm almost always at home, someone had to have known I wasn't home and how to get around my 4 cameras. (I have 8 now).
It just seems impossible that it's not someone who knew him. This is difficult to consider but the truth is that even when we think we know someone, we often don't really know them.
No tracks because of all the vehicles that probably pulled in that night after 911 call.
Did the "perpetrator" go in shop while he was gone to Walmart and wait? This would mean to me that it's a personal assault not financially motivated unless there would be something to inherit. But even that doesn't make sense because in Texas unless a will says otherwise, all inheritances are split 50/50 wife/kids.
From all the stories I've read and criminal shows I've watched - it's usually someone they know and they don't take much if anything from the victim.
I'd rather believe it was someone he knew that wasn't immediate family but it just sounds too clean and planned too well.

CORRECTION: I have been informed by a different source in the family who is closer to Papaw that he DOES NOT lock his house when he works in the shop. He'd usually leave the garage door on Becca's side of the garage attached to the house open and sometimes even the front door unlocked, then the shop would be unlocked and usually one, or both, garage doors of the shop open.

Previously, I posted that he WOULD typically lock the house, but that was from a source who may have been guessing based on their own tendencies. Reminder that the house was completely locked up, as was the shop, and all garage doors were down when Becca arrived home.

I don't have much time today to address other comments, but wanted to get that out there.

CORRECTION: I have been informed by a different source in the family who is closer to Papaw that he DOES NOT lock his house when he works in the shop. He'd usually leave the garage door on Becca's side of the garage attached to the house open and sometimes even the front door unlocked, then the shop would be unlocked and usually one, or both, garage doors of the shop open.

Previously, I posted that he WOULD typically lock the house, but that was from a source who may have been guessing based on their own tendencies. Reminder that the house was completely locked up, as was the shop, and all garage doors were down when Becca arrived home.

I don't have much time today to address other comments, but wanted to get that out there.
Hi Pmerle,

Thank you for this important update, and I am so sorry PaPaw hasn't been found yet. I'm sure the last 3+ months have felt like an eternity to you and your loved ones. They have for me.

Do we have a better idea as to how long PaPaw was home before something happened to him (I'm sorry; I know there is still a possibility he left on his own volition, but the longer this goes on, the more strongly I feel he didn't :()?

As I recall, PaPaw is believed to have returned home from Wal-Mart around noon, the neighbors were home -or possibly even outside- by 3PM, and they didn't notice anything, thus LE's assumption that whatever happened to him happened between noon and 3PM. Do we have a narrower window?

You have shared with us his Wal-Mart purchase was found in a bathroom with receipt in a trash can, which fits his usual behavior. This leads me to believe he had time to go inside the house at least briefly, or perhaps for a longer period of time (e.g., eating lunch), before going out to the garage and thus -with the new information- leaving the house unlocked, and in which case whatever happened, it didn't happen as soon as he returned from Wal-Mart.

As to the new information from a family member, it is very relevant, IMO. Assuming that PaPaw did NOT lock his house, leaving the garage door on Becca's side of the attached garage open and/or the front door to the house unlocked, as well as the shop unlocked and one or both garage doors of the shop open, one possible scenario I can think of is:

1. Someone known to PaPaw shows up in a pickup truck or a SUV, while Papaw is working in the garage (truck more likely than a SUV);

2. There is an altercation, during which PaPaw is injured, starts bleeding and incapacitated (I am so sorry :();

3. The perp rolls PaPaw onto a tarp (again, I'm so sorry :() on the floor of the shop, which may explain the lack of drops or smears. The perp turns their truck around and parks it with the rear facing one of the shop garage door. The perp drags PaPaw onto the bed of his truck, maybe using a ramp (for ATVs, lawn mowers, etc.:
https://www.google.com/search?q=atv...iw=1280&bih=590#tbm=isch&q=pickup+truck+ramps)

4. Before driving away, the perp closes the garage door on Becca's side of the attached garage, locks the front door to the house, closes one or both garage doors of the shop and then locks the man-door to the shop (via the one that automatically locks behind you, not the deadbolt, which you said was not engaged). In short, the perp makes sure everything is locked up. To make it appear as though PaPaw left on his own volition and did not intend to return, the perp leaves his wallet and keys inside the shop.

5. I believe PaPaw's hat and cell phone were on his person. I'm not sure if it was while they were driving away the perp realized PaPaw's cell phone might still be on, so they pulled over and discarded it at a random location, or they left it wherever they left PaPaw.

Also, it would take more than one person to move PaPaw, and even to injure him to the point he is incapacitated, IMO :(.

I am so sorry for bombarding you for questions, and I know you don't have much time, so if you cannot get to them, no worries:

1) As I recall, footage was recovered from a security camera belonging to a neighbor across the street. Any vehicle -other than PaPaw's- seen turning into and pulling out of PaPaw's driveway between noon and seven on the day of his disappearance?

2) Did LE look for unusual tire marks and footprints before everyone arrived to look for PaPaw the first night?

3) Did anyone share with LE previously (or at all) the fact that PaPaw usually leaves the shop and the house unlocked when he works in the shop ?

If I'm interpreting this correctly, does this mean that PaPaw normally kept house and garage unlocked while in his shop?

But on the day he disappeared, everything was locked up when his wife got home?

Not sure what to think just yet.
Any ideas out there?

If I'm interpreting this correctly, does this mean that PaPaw normally kept house and garage unlocked while in his shop?

But on the day he disappeared, everything was locked up when his wife got home?

Not sure what to think just yet.
Any ideas out there?

I'm going to give this a gander.
From Pmerle00 we know:
1). Papaw's truck was parked outside the house where it normally sits. The truck was locked up.
2). The thing or things he got for his wife had been brought into the house and put away.
3). A receipt for the/those items was found in a wastebasket.

So......I'm thinking Pawpa made it home. I would like to know if it appeared he'd had lunch. Or a glass of water.

Did he then go outside to the shed, take his wallet out and his keys and put them in his special place?

It seems to me whatever happened,
happened soon upon his arrival home.

This indicates to me that Pawpa either locked things down and left
or......

He was ambushed and taken before he had a chance to completely open up the shop.

So, did he lock the main house? If no, why was it locked up unless someone didn't want anyone coming into the house other than BC. Perhaps so she wouldn't be frightened, or perhaps to make sure she'd be safe?!

This says to me IMO that he either left willingly or, whoever took him from there, knew just where things should be located which means it was someone who knew him and his habits well.

When returning to the house after purchases, which door would they enter through? A back door or a front door? If he came in the back, that would explain why the front door was locked.

When PaPaw enters the house, does he take his hat off? If he made lunch and sat down, surely he would have taken his hat off. Maybe he went to the shop w/out his hat.
Where would he put the hat upon entrance into the house?

What type of locks are on the front and back doors. If it's one of those
like the one in the garage and the door automatically locks when shut, that would explain why the house was locked. (And why he would have made sure he had his keys.)

How does this person know what Pawpa's habits are re keeping the front door unlocked and the garage doors open. Maybe he keeps things unlocked when BC or other people are at the house. When alone, I would lock the doors.

How is it you just now learned the info re keeping doors unlocked and shop doors open from this friend?
Was the info given or did you ask?

We need you to do a little gentle
grilling. [emoji6]

Also has anyone close to MC been overly involved in finding out about the investigation or maybe became distance after MC went missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KariGirl