Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PaPaw retired from the Dallas Fire Department after 36 years of service, but lives in -and was last seen at his home in- Quinlan, TX, which is located in Hunt County, about an hour away from Dallas.

The investigative agency in his disappearance is the Hunt County Sheriff's Office. The Sheriff is apparently close friends with PaPaw, as well as his family. During the press conference just a couple of days after PaPaw was reported missing, the Sheriff was asked by a reporter what kind of man PaPaw is; he became very emotional, choked up and could barely speak.
Oh, so sad...I figured as much when I was on the volunteer dept. we also would get vitals, etc...for medical arriving if we were first on the scene. I didnt think there would be bad blood but you never know.

PaPaw retired from the Dallas Fire Department after 36 years of service, but lives in -and was last seen at his home in- Quinlan, TX, which is located in Hunt County, about an hour away from Dallas.

The investigative agency in his disappearance is the Hunt County Sheriff's Office. The Sheriff is apparently close friends with PaPaw, as well as his family. During the press conference just a couple of days after PaPaw was reported missing, the Sheriff was asked by a reporter what kind of man PaPaw is; he became very emotional, choked up and could barely speak.

I'm sorry for quoting my own post; I misspoke, and wasn't able to edit in time!

PaPaw was caught on camera walking back to his truck in the parking lot of Wal-Mart in Quinlan about eight hours before he was reported missing. That is the last confirmed sighting of him.

His truck was found parked in his driveway at home. The items he purchased at Wal-Mart were later found where they would be expected (e.g., mascara in the bathroom), and the receipt in a wastebasket, also in the bathroom.

Is there a possibility his last few phone calls received could lead somewhere? Was anyone contacting him about the possibility of buying/selling/restoring a car? He left Wal Mart around noon time....any possibility he stopped somewhere to get something to eat before heading home? Could there be additional CCTV footage of him in auto parts stores, fast food places, gas stations that may show someone following him home? Had there been any break-ins, prowlers in the area in the immediate time before he went missing?

Phone records show no unusual activity. The thing that LE has YET to produce are the iMessages from his iPhone that may have been sent. I have contacted them with the info they need to request those, but nothing has been provided to the family about these yet that I know of.

I watched "Snapped" tonight and a man/husband disappeared without a trace. This man refurbished and worked on all different kinds of cars. 2 different men said, "A man will leave his home, his family or his job, but he'd never leave his cars." Reminded me a bit of MC. 😯

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

This is almost EXACTLY like something my husband said at one point. We've been keeping an eye on car shows to see if he turns up, or anyone who may have seen him. If he is alive, and if he left on his own, he will turn up near a classic car eventually...

Is there a storm shelter or anything nearby that he could have fallen in or something? Has everyone around him checked their outbuildings etc? Have they checked the trunks of all the cars on the property? I am grasping at straws at this point....... where is pmerle our VI?.

I'm on here today, answering what I can. Yesterday had a lot of excitement. I'll get to that in a bit.

All connecting properties, buildings, etc. have been more than thoroughly checked. If he's fallen INTO something, it's farther away... But I somehow doubt that. Surely the dogs would have tracked him there the same night?

<modsnip>

Being in touch with BC regularly, I can tell you that she is definitely not aware IF HCSO knows where Papaw is. They haven't said anything of the sort. She talks constantly about what is going on, what can be done next, how much she misses him, how haunted she is by being alone in their house...

<modsnip>

From the family's perspective, we are LIVID at HCSO for not calling this a criminal case and accepting help from the FBI and Texas Rangers. They mishandled things from the very beginning by allowing others onto the scene instead of limiting exposure to LE officials for any amount of time. They also are not being open and honest about things like blood samples sent to labs and timelines of when things have been or are being done. I'm not asking for 100% transparency, but from the outside looking in? They aren't doing near enough to help us find Papaw.

Pmerle so glad to see u back. I read about all the excitement yesterday and from the bottom of my heart I hope u and your family get answers. Is it true that BC sold the car MC restored for her? If so was this to help with the investigation detective fees? If not, how do the kids feel about this?

This seemed to send up a lot of red flags on here...

Not sure what u can and cannot answer. Please know that my heart is with u and the rest of the fam.

No note or other indication of suicide were left behind... Those who know Papaw find it VERY hard to believe he would do something like kill himself. He isn't the type. His personality is completely opposed to that.

As far as texts, until LE gets their ***** together to request and show the family the iMessage logs, we have no evidence of any unusual or questionable phone activity. That's the last avenue that remains open to investigation related to his phone - iMessages. And we can't get them on our own.

No one in the family received a VM from him with any indication of suicide or any distress of any kind that I am aware of.
Has the SO shared all phone activity of the familys' except for MC' s.

Meaning, are you totally aware of all phone communications from members of the family excluding Pawpa?

But the FBI and the Texas Rangers were there! They also had Texas EquuSearch and an underwater sonar company come out. I'm thinking the family is set on MC being abducted and taken away.

Could be. But there are other theories they're not looking at and maybe they should be. But then, that's real easy for me to say.

TX Rangers came in for a consult, but said they wouldn't get involved without a criminal case conversion. FBI has also said their hands are tied unless HCSO invites them or calls it criminal.

Has the SO shared all phone activity of the familys' except for MC' s.

Meaning, are you totally aware of all phone communications from members of the family excluding Pawpa?

They requested phone records from Papaw's account, which included BC and one of their sons as well. I don't know that anyone has asked about other communications within the family, other than to verify that specific numbers were owned by family (myself included, my mom, my aunt, uncles, my sisters, cousins, etc.) when they showed up in logs.

<modsnip>

As for selling the car, that was a family decision, not something that BC did on her own. I won't list out reasons here, but know that there's nothing suspicious about it in this case.

Her sons, as I've said before, are VERY private individuals. As is Papaw. He would hate being in the spotlight like this, and he would be VERY uncomfortable with this much attention. His sons are the same. Both have families, neither are super close in proximity to Papaw's home, one even works multiple jobs. So even IF they had inclination to be in the "public eye" more, they wouldn't have time.

If he wanted to stage his disappearance he could have made it look like he was kidnapped by cutting his finger, letting the blood drop on the floor
and smearing some on the dowel,
he then left his wallet, took his drivers license and phone, locked up and got a ride from someone ditching the phone and disappearing due to bad finances, depression, affair or just wanted to go.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of the motives you listed, bad finances can be ruled out. The other two, I would say depression is doubtful, but I know that can be misleading (having been through depression myself before, you can hide it REALLY well from others). An affair - maybe, but where's the evidence of it?

I agree with this. I believe he went willingly - but not because he wanted to disappear. But (in his mind) to protect others.

To me, this is an interesting thought. I hadn't considered that the lack of struggle could have been because BC was about to be home...

Thank you for responding and I respect the family's decision. Now let's all consider the car subject closed and not relevant to the case. Back to work on theories.. we have an amazing membership here and there have been some good theories shared. At the end of the day we just want MC papaw home.!

They requested phone records from Papaw's account, which included BC and one of their sons as well. I don't know that anyone has asked about other communications within the family, other than to verify that specific numbers were owned by family (myself included, my mom, my aunt, uncles, my sisters, cousins, etc.) when they showed up in logs.

interesting

I hope MC isn't being held for ransom!! That could account for the sale of BC's beloved car, she seemed very sad to have to part with it, this may be the reason, to pay for his release!!

Being in touch with BC regularly, I can tell you that she is definitely not aware IF HCSO knows where Papaw is. They haven't said anything of the sort. She talks constantly about what is going on, what can be done next, how much she misses him, how haunted she is by being alone in their house...
Well, my hat is off to BC. I don't think I could stay in the house by myself....especially when thinking MC was somehow taken from there and possibly in a violent manner. I'd be thinking, "what's to stop them from coming back and hurting or taking me?"

But then, I'm a bit of a woosie. &#128552;
(I don't think I could do it even if I had a guard dog and a shotgun.)
Ok....So I'm a big woosie.

Well, my hat is off to BC. I don't think I could stay in the house by myself....especially when thinking MC was somehow taken from there and possibly in a violent manner. I'd be thinking, "what's to stop them from coming back and hurting or taking me?"

But then, I'm a bit of a woosie. [emoji32]
(I don't think I could do it even if I had a guard dog and a shotgun.)
Ok....So I'm a big woosie.

I could never stay there even if others were with me, I would be terrified that someone would try to come and get me, I would have to move, it would just be too creepy knowing that some psycho had been on the property, maybe even in the house, I would not stay there even one night!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members