Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am truly sorry for your loss, Pmerle00.

First, I hope that PaPaw is going to come home. Soon.

Second, I only write these words as they were reported. I believe it was around page 39, in Thread #1.

Third, I do not know if someone wrote the correct 'tense' in transcribing the statement:

[Chambers's son, John Chambers, said his father had been planning on coming to watch his grandchildren play soccer on Saturday morning.
'I spent a lot of time with him,' John Chambers said. 'In addition to being my dad, he was one of my best friends.']

That use of 'was', instead of 'is', makes me feel inquisitive. Concerned too, if it was stated as it sounds. Like, PaPaw is gone.

But maybe that's just how he talks. And perhaps others saw this statement, and did not think anything of it?

*Feel free to tell me to go take a hike if my opinion/thoughts are out of line*

Welcome JustDory and thank you for the link. If anyone is going to that page, it is the third video down. John Chambers, one of the sons, is also on this video.

Watch that video. It is still currently the third video down. Listed as (Published Tuesday, March 14, 2017). JC's statement is as it was written. Or, maybe it's just me. Keeping in mind the disappearance had just happened 4 days prior. Everyone's emotions were on edge in that interview.

Dear MC, I really hope you are just taking a break from the world, and will come walking back home with no idea that we are all concerned about your welfare.

Looks like Hunt County have been poor performers for decades now when it comes to finding missing persons. I just ran across this case in which they completely dropped the ball in several ways.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?194988-TX-Carey-Mae-Parker-23-Quinlan-17-March-1991

This is unsettling to read. Although she went missing in 1991, the Websleuths page was not created until 2013. At the time of her disappearance, she had 3 small children. Carey's father reported her missing to the police In 1991. He thought they would create a missing person case, but found out years later it was treated as a welfare check. When this was discovered by her siblings, they created the missing person's report. Neither she or her vehicle have ever been found.
On a post made in December 2014 (page 4, post 46) it is stated that a search was never made and her boyfriend, who lived in Quinlan, was never questioned. And then, this comment was made:

"1. The Police went to the Attorney General saying they didn't want to release her vin/plate number because it would interfere in a criminal investigation.
Conflict of interest as they claim there is no evidence of a crime."

No evidence of a crime.

Her father and one of her children have since passed. The family is desperate for closure. They have a Facebook page for her. The info is listed in the first post on the Websleuths page. I went to it and it is an active page. In fact, the Find PaPaw posting is there.

Looks like Hunt County have been poor performers for decades now when it comes to finding missing persons. I just ran across this case in which they completely dropped the ball in several ways.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?194988-TX-Carey-Mae-Parker-23-Quinlan-17-March-1991
Sadly they are not the only missing persons (unsolved ) cases in Hunt County. There is also a double murder ( that is literally a stones throw from my house) that was featured in yesterday's Greenville Herald Banner. I think Hunt County LE is notorious for underutilizing bigger agencies when their resources could be beneficial.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Could someone confirm the color of PaPaw's truck?

I've searched as much as I can but don't seem to be able to find the information.

Kind of unusual that HCSO never published vehicle description, too, IMO. Yes, PaPaw's truck was found parked at home, but in many cases, this type of information is released even if the missing person's vehicle has already been located because members of the public may remember seeing the vehicle, time, location, noticing something unusual about the driver's behavior, etc. (e.g., the Danielle Stislicki case comes to mind).

I apologize for coming off the way I did. I realize that the family has to keep some things confidential both for LE and also privacy reasons. But because the death doc was a public doc I think the family should have disclosed it so we could have been aware and not gotten our red flags up thinking we needed to dig further.

We all want your Papaw to come home. And if he can't then we want justice for your family.. praying for you and sorry to hear about your loss.

Had I known it was going to come out publicly or when, I sure would have posted to head off confusion. I knew the process was happening, but wasn't given a timeline and thought it was going to take much longer, really. I'm walking a thin line here, trying to keep LE and​ the family from being cross with me. Probably have shredded that line on more than one front now, but no one has told me that to my face yet, so I will press on and answer what I can.

Could someone confirm the color of PaPaw's truck?

I've searched as much as I can but don't seem to be able to find the information.

Kind of unusual that HCSO never published vehicle description, too, IMO. Yes, PaPaw's truck was found parked at home, but in many cases, this type of information is released even if the missing person's vehicle has already been located because members of the public may remember seeing the vehicle, time, location, noticing something unusual about the driver's behavior, etc. (e.g., the Danielle Stislicki case comes to mind).

It's red - not a bright red, but I don't think I'd quite call it maroon either.

Sadly, this is very true. Especially when you live in a small community; the chances are pretty good that they will know the victim. My husband is a psychologist and we live in a small town. Many times after an accident, he and a team are called in to help the first responders.

I appreciate your response here, but to be clear - Dallas is not a small community.

Had I known it was going to come out publicly or when, I sure would have posted to head off confusion. I knew the process was happening, but wasn't given a timeline and thought it was going to take much longer, really. I'm walking a thin line here, trying to keep LE and​ the family from being cross with me. Probably have shredded that line on more than one front now, but no one has told me that to my face yet, so I will press on and answer what I can.

I believe your PaPaw, along with a majority of us, would be very proud of the work you have done! You want to bring him home. Or find justice for him if that is how this turns out. I do not mean to offend, or disparage, anyone. I just type it how I see it. Keep strong MC's granddaughter.

Just taking my thinking into a completely different direction here.

What if LE and BC have insider info that leads them to believe that MC left voluntarily and ended his own life?......yet out of respect and to protect the perception and reputation of the family's rock and patriarch, BC does not wish for the likelihood (or even certainty?) of suicide to be divulged, not even to family members......perhaps as a way to protect them? That also might explain why this has never turned into a criminal investigation. Maybe a spouse in this kind of situation would see no need to cause undue guilt and second-guessing to children, grandchildren.......for even if they knew the likely truth it would not bring their deceased loved one back. This kind of possible scenario could also explain selling of the car and the pseudo (?) death certificate etc.

Also....if the spouse of family of a missing and suspected suicide victim (whose body has not yet been found and "brought home" for a burial) lets word out that there is legit reason for suicide to be suspected (note or letter left, final voicemail message left for them saying goodbye, etc)....becuz it's, say, 98% certain they committed suicide but there is always the very slim chance they did not commit suicide......if they make this suspicion public or it leaks from family to public, people will stop searching, in the 'off chance' that loved one is still alive and well somewhere? Just throwing out another possibility. Maybe the family DOES know this info but becuz it's not 100% certain, they don't want to take the chance and announce it for fear that people will stop looking, stop digging?

The family does NOT believe Papaw committed suicide. We do believe he is missing due to foul play of some sort. In talking to BC, she is adamant that there were no signs or indicators of possible suicidal tendencies. All weapons are accounted for (doesn't mean much, but at least that means he would have had to go out of his way). Those who know Papaw know that he is NOT the kind to commit suicide, and would never do that to his family. Our family is in continuous conversation, and at no point has suicide been brought up as a real possibility. I text BC often, saying I wish we had answers, she continues in saying that she wishes for answers as well. I think after almost 20 weeks, if she knew he committed suicide, she would have at least hinted that it was possible.

I believe your PaPaw, along with a majority of us, would be very proud of the work you have done! You want to bring him home. Or find justice for him if that is how this turns out. I do not mean to offend, or disparage, anyone. I just type it how I see it. Keep strong MC's granddaughter.

I completely understand. And again, I so appreciate the contributions of those on this site. Y'all are determined to help, and I am determined to answer what I can or am allowed to in support of your efforts!

No worries. I may seem defensive at times, but I am truly just trying to give y'all the information I can in as un-biased a manner as possible. I do recognize that sometimes I AM biased. :)

<modsnip>

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. We are still looking, including BC and my uncles.

I'm not sure what type of situations TES will search under, I guess my main questions were 1) if TES was made aware that the death certificate/letter had been gotten & 2) where TES searched, local Hunt Cty or did they venture off to maybe search other property owned by MC in another county?

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

Let me ask where they searched. I'm not sure of the answer to either of your questions yet. I know they searched locally, but I'm not sure if they searched elsewhere as well.

I appreciate your response here, but to be clear - Dallas is not a small community.

I am actually from Dallas, but live in a small town/different state now. I think at the time I was thinking about your Dad working in Quinlan or responding to someone making a statement about PTSD in first responders.

Also have a question for Pmerle Who in the family hired the Private Investigator?

I'm not 100% who is paying him aside from ******** funds, but he "reports" to my aunt and mom regularly. To my knowledge, he doesn't maintain direct contact with other family members to give them updates.

I am actually from Dallas, but live in a small town/different state now. I think at the time I was thinking about your Dad working in Quinlan or responding to someone making a statement about PTSD in first responders.

OH! I see. Yes, that would make sense. But no, he worked in Dallas proper as a FF. I understand the PTSD comment, I just never saw or heard of any evidence to support it in Papaw's case.

I don't think he would seek a therapist. I dont know him or the family. But during my research it seems that he was a very private person. Which would not be compatible with a therapist. I think the lack of transparency may stem from financial reasons rather than sparing the family embarrassment I also think the family is beyond fearing embarassment or guilt I think they just want answers regarding their father, grandfather, uncle...etc Maybe Pmerle could answer this too Did Michael Chambers visit a therapist??

Not to my knowledge. I will ask other family members for verification of this.

Pmerle00,
Regarding the day PaPaw went missing-
It was the beginning of Spring Break for many school districts.

I've read that a large group of friends & relatives of residents on Sandy Oaks Rd. were riding 4-wheelers on MC's property and in the ditch in front of their home. Also gunshots and/or fireworks were heard during this time.

Is there any truth to this and did HCSO check this out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is another scenario, on the way home from Walmart Pawpa received a phone call telling him to meet someone In a secluded spot, maybe telling him that they needed one of the purchases now, or for a romantic picnic or whatever. Pawpa arrives and is greeted by two people, both of whom he knew well, they killed him and removed his wallet and keys from his pocket (needed those to drive his truck home), his body was then loaded into another vehicle and a large syringe used to extract blood. In their haste they didn't realize that he had a phone in his pocket, anyway the body was disposed of and then the truck driven back to the house followed by another vehicle, which would not have raised any suspicions. The purchases were put in the normal places and the wallet and keys placed in their regular spot, as they were leaving they dropped the blood from the syringe, being careful not to smear it or step on it, they were attempting to make it look as though MC had been abducted from his workshop, the reason the blood stopped was because the syringe was empty, this would have only taken a few minutes. The truck was left behind and they left in the other vehicle, returning to their jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting... This is starting to make more sense to me than some of the other scenarios proposed. The blood has always bothered me. Not because of the implications, but because being related to multiple firemen and numerous nurses, it just doesn't look right to me. But I don't understand the motive. Why on earth would they do that? Why go to those lengths? Why not just make it look completely mysterious and not use any blood at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member