Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
---
<<< (Deleting the ammunition theory part...
but keeping the rest...)>>>

I wonder if the employee who checked-out Mr. Chambers
knows that he went missing immediately afterwards; and
if he remembers (or could recognize) what the second item
is. If I still lived in Dallas, (or even Texas) I'd drive out and
see if I could find the cashier, show him the video, and ask
him about it.
Come to think of it, I wonder if he's been questioned at all
by anybody (LE, family) as to Mr. Chambers demeanor, etc..

Even if the second item has absolutely no bearing on the
case at all whatsoever, now I am just going nuts trying to
figure out what the heck it is!

Meanwhile, I'm worried our dear VI, Pmerle00 won't come
back here anymore...

---
Can someone who is local(ish) check out the Walmart
there, and look at all the ammunition?
I've had this thought a few times, so may as well toss
it into the speculation pool.
If they wouldn't want to disclose sleeping aids, they
probably wouldn't want to disclose gun ammo, either.
Box is too small for shotgun shells...
but bullets for a pistol (or rifle) perhaps?
Not sure if all Walmarts sell all the exact same ammo...
so a local would be best.
Ammo in a purple box is not likely...(but then again...)

him about it.

back here anymore...

Is there a picture of a box he bought? I haven't seen anything that could help determine size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how they knew he had cash missing from his wallet. I have no idea how much cash is currently in my husband's wallet, and he has no idea how much is in mine. Maybe we're abnormal.

Nope, you're not abnormal. I usually use my debit card, so I always have only a small amount, but I have no idea how much. Maybe they saw him get some change back at Walmart after he paid, but if that's all he had left, maybe he made another stop and used it. My husband always kept a bag in the door of his truck and if it was only a small amount of change, he would put it in there for tolls or small 'emergency' cash. I've even scraped up my very last nickel to have enough cash to buy Girl Scout cookies. Lol So sometimes we may have a small amount or sometimes absolutely none.

---

him about it.

back here anymore...

I wondered about ammunition also. My husband said you have to pay for it at that counter and it is bagged at that point. Hence, you wouldn't just be able to carry the box to the checkout.

I wondered about ammunition also. My husband said you have to pay for it at that counter and it is bagged at that point. Hence, you wouldn't just be able to carry the box to the checkout.

Crap, I actually thought about that. I should have verified first!

(But the rest of the post still stands...)

---

him about it.

back here anymore...

i thought about ammo too because that's where my husband would buy his most times, but I think he usually paid for it in the back where the ammo is and by the way MC is swinging the bag as he walks out, it seems to be something very light.

I fear VI won't be back either. Without her input to confirm, deny, and/or give more info, I don't think we'll get any further than we are now.

ETA: Good grief. I type way too slow. The question about ammo has already been answered. Lol

OK... I edited my original post, and deleted the ammo theory part.
Sorry for not verifying about the payment-counter first...
I KNOW BETTER!!!
Please forgive. :doh:

i thought about ammo too because that's where my husband would buy his most times, but I think he usually paid for it in the back where the ammo is and by the way MC is swinging the bag as he walks out, it seems to be something very light.

I fear VI won't be back either. Without her input to confirm, deny, and/or give more info, I don't think we'll get any further than we are now.

ETA: Good grief. I type way too slow. The question about ammo has already been answered. Lol

I am also afraid that Pmerle00 won't be back. I know this has to be emotional; you want answers, but it has to be hard to read the possible scenarios. I have noticed that today and this evening has been quiet regarding posts. I don't know if members are frustrated, out of ideas, or if maybe this case is almost ready to be solved. Part of me hopes that LE, FBI, or a PI have been following along and have come up with some ideas. I read about other cases being cold cases for years and think "Please don't let this happen". Mr. Chambers has devoted his life to the citizens of the Dallas area and his family. We owe it to his family to find him.

Came to this page hoping Pawpa had been located . . . thinking of him and praying for him.

How recently had he been retired?

I am just befuddled how HCSO cannot classify this as 'criminal'. There was less evidence of probability of foul play in the Tara Grinstead case, and yet, it was taken over by that state's version of the Texas Rangers. Is it because of his age? His gender? Just doesn't make sense to me.....

I am just befuddled how HCSO cannot classify this as 'criminal'. There was less evidence of probability of foul play in the Tara Grinstead case, and yet, it was taken over by that state's version of the Texas Rangers. Is it because of his age? His gender? Just doesn't make sense to me.....

Or maybe they have some inside knowledge...

Or maybe they have some inside knowledge...

I wonder, legally speaking, if it were classified as criminal, would they have to share that information with anyone? If the Texas Rangers took over would anyone have to be notified? I understand it would be a courtesy to family but perhaps they feel a need to keep that under the radar at this time ?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

I wonder, legally speaking, if it were classified as criminal, would they have to share that information with anyone? If the Texas Rangers took over would anyone have to be notified? I understand it would be a courtesy to family but perhaps they feel a need to keep that under the radar at this time ?

Good point.

And could that have anything to do with VI not hanging around anymore?

I can only speak in terms of other cases I've followed on here (and I have to admit, I do get quite "obsessive" ;) with some, this very case included).

I do not believe there is any sort of uniform rule (legal or procedural) regarding if or with whom the original investigating agency -in PaPaw's case, HCSO- shared whether they consider a case "criminal." Further, in addition to the general public, this includes family members, IMO.

Again, my opinion only based on observations: The decision to tell or not to tell and to whom depends on many factors, such as what evidence they discover during the initial investigation, the way family and friends are behaving following the incident, what kinds of tips are coming in and from whom. Subsequently, they can also obtain search warrants -properties, vehicles, electronic, etc.- if a judge feels there is enough probable cause.

I am not sure as to whether anyone would be notified if the Texas Rangers were to provide resources or even the FBI. My guess would be that LE is not required to, nor is there a formal protocol, and the decision is up to each PD, Sheriff, etc.

By the way, I am not sure about the Texas Rangers, but as far as the FBI goes, they never "take over" a case. This is something I believed to be true up until just a few years ago, but it was starting to not make sense, so one day I decided to look it up. The following is from the official FBI website:

"If a crime is committed that is a violation of local, state, and federal laws, does the FBI 'take over' the investigation?

No. State and local law enforcement agencies are not
subordinate to the FBI, and the FBI does not supervise or take over their investigations. Instead, the investigative resources of the FBI and state and local agencies are often pooled in a common effort to investigate and solve the cases. In fact, many task forces composed of FBI agents and state and local officers have been formed to locate fugitives and to address serious threats like terrorism and street violence." (BBM)
https://www.fbi.gov/about/faqs/if-a...laws-does-the-fbi-take-over-the-investigation

I remember Sheriff Meeks stating at the press conference he is not afraid to ask for help, and that he will certainly need it with this case. Sheriff also announced he requested and obtained the Texas Rangers' assistance on Sunday, March 12th.

Our VI said TR only came in for a consult, and it has been stated by family members as well as concerned citizens HCSO is refusing to categorize the case as "criminal." I really don't know what to think, but do hope that it is their "need to keep that under the radar at this time" that turns out to be the explanation.

I'm on today. My mother-in-law passed away last week, and we had been dealing with extreme health issues related to her end-of-life cancer battle for some time prior to that. I will do what I can to answer questions on this thread today, starting with the first and going up to this point. Please bear with me, I may not get to all of them.

I hope my aunt was able to find someone to post this info while I was helping my husband's family, but she asked me last week to share the last item on the receipt: Coricidin HBP.

I'm not SURE that's what the item on the belt is, as he already has his wallet out - so assumedly his items were already bagged - and if it is not, then my guess would be that the item on the belt belonged to someone behind Papaw in line. I am 100% POSITIVE that that is the final item that was on the receipt, though.

Again, be patient here, I'll go in order. If I can't answer something today, I will come back later this week to do so.

<modsnip>

Regarding the doctor's questions - BC didn't have a dr appt that day, but it was her first day back to work. I believe Papaw had been accompanying her to most, if not all, of her appointments. She was at work seeing patients all day, and I believe HCSO has confirmed this with her employer.

The family has known what the item was, but couldn't get an answer from HCSO whether or not we could share it. I have posted it in my previous response.

Papaw and BC were living together while she was recovering, yes, there was no separation. He always takes care of her - whether she is injured or not - cooking, cleaning, generally being a caring, kind, doting, loving husband. She's VERY spoiled by Papaw. :) (even she recognizes and fully admits to this!) :)

I'm on today. My mother-in-law passed away last week, and we had been dealing with extreme health issues related to her end-of-life cancer battle for some time prior to that. I will do what I can to answer questions on this thread today, starting with the first and going up to this point. Please bear with me, I may not get to all of them.

I hope my aunt was able to find someone to post this info while I was helping my husband's family, but she asked me last week to share the third item on the receipt: Coricidin HBP.

I'm not SURE that's what the item on the belt is, as he already has his wallet out - so assumedly his items were already bagged - and if it is not, then my guess would be that the item on the belt belonged to someone behind Papaw in line. I am 100% POSITIVE that that is the third and final item that was on the receipt, though.

Again, be patient here, I'll go in order. If I can't answer something today, I will come back later this week to do so.

First and foremost, I am so sorry for your loss. What an amazingly strong human being you are. I really don't know how you do it, Pmerle, and I'm just about your mom's age. She must be very proud of you, and I have no doubt in my mind that PaPaw is.

I know you are very, very busy, so just one question: Did you mean to say "second," rather than "third" in your post?

My sincerest condolences and prayers to you and your loved ones. My heart breaks for you. Please take good care of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—