Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is unsettling to read. Although she went missing in 1991, the Websleuths page was not created until 2013. At the time of her disappearance, she had 3 small children. Carey's father reported her missing to the police In 1991. He thought they would create a missing person case, but found out years later it was treated as a welfare check. When this was discovered by her siblings, they created the missing person's report. Neither she or her vehicle have ever been found.
On a post made in December 2014 (page 4, post 46) it is stated that a search was never made and her boyfriend, who lived in Quinlan, was never questioned. And then, this comment was made:

"1. The Police went to the Attorney General saying they didn't want to release her vin/plate number because it would interfere in a criminal investigation.
Conflict of interest as they claim there is no evidence of a crime."

No evidence of a crime.

Her father and one of her children have since passed. The family is desperate for closure. They have a Facebook page for her. The info is listed in the first post on the Websleuths page. I went to it and it is an active page. In fact, the Find PaPaw posting is there.

Does it say who the boyfriend was?

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Sounds very possible to me, also.

I might add:

1. Perhaps someone iMessaged PaPaw, rather than a phone call. iMessages do not show up on your phone bill.

IIRC, according to our VI, LE told her an iMessage might have been sent from PaPaw's phone the day he disappeared, prior to him being reported missing around 7 PM. Our VI believed LE was no longer looking into this potentially significant information, leading her to email them instructions on how to obtain such data from Apple or the service provider. LE had not gotten back to her as of the last time VI posted on the thread (five or so days ago?).

Did HCSO not look into it any further? Or were they able to get additional information (e.g., via subpoena) and keeping it close to the vest?

2. If the perp(s) has a type of job where he/she is on the road throughout the day (e.g., outside sales) and asked PaPaw to meet him/her at a specific location, even if it was a somewhat unusual/strange spot, PaPaw might have not thought much of it; the perp could have told him something like, "I'm in between appointments ... it's been a busy day ... could you come meet me right now?"

MOO

LE has STILL not requested the Apple iMessages. This is so frustrating to me, as they don't show up on phone records. They don't seem to at ALL respond to tips on technology-related things. Or other things most of the time, but maybe I'm just being overly irritated with them.

I completely understand. And again, I so appreciate the contributions of those on this site. Y'all are determined to help, and I am determined to answer what I can or am allowed to in support of your efforts!

No worries. I may seem defensive at times, but I am truly just trying to give y'all the information I can in as un-biased a manner as possible. I do recognize that sometimes I AM biased. :)

Pmerle, is Phillp Klein the PI your family has hired?

From what Ive read on that case, there are rumors that people involved are somehow connected to HCSO. Her boyfriend is a local that married another woman and divorced some years ago. Also , her father received a threatening call telling him NOT to persue the case. If course, back then, everyone had lan lines....no one does anymore. There are 5 unsolved missing persons cases in this county.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

From what Ive read on that case, there are rumors that people involved are somehow connected to HCSO. Her boyfriend is a local that married another woman and divorced some years ago. Also , her father received a threatening call telling him NOT to persue the case. If course, back then, everyone had lan lines....no one does anymore. There are 5 unsolved missing persons cases in this county.

Probably TOTALLY off the course, but since the BF was from Quinlan, I just wondered if it was a name familiar to MC's case.

Probably TOTALLY off the course, but since the BF was from Quinlan, I just wondered if it was a name familiar to MC's case.

The sister names the bf on the facebook page she made for her missing sister. I dont believe he has any bearing on this case but you never know.
I dont know if there is any connection to these two cases except the county and similar frustration from the families with the lack of investigation from HCSO.

The problem is there are SO many fields, barns, densely wooded areas/ hunting areas in between Wal Mart and his home. It's a virtual needle in a haystack, which is why they brought dogs in several times.

I'm wondering if:
1. HCSO sprayed the house AND shop with luminol to search for evidence of blood that had possibly been cleaned up?
2. Is there a way to detect if someone has his phone and has converted it to their phone number? I'm not sure how this works.....I know people buy and sell phones all the time. Is the phone service able to tell that that very phone is not in use under another number?
3. When the story first started breaking, I saw someone comment that there was a truck not far down the road. It was determined to be some guys fishing that were questioned. I've not heard much more mentioned of them- I am wondering if there is more they could offer in the way of seeing traffic- other vehicles pulled over that they may have thought was also fishing, etc?

All MOO.

Luminol has not been used at all, as far as I know.

Not sure about the phone number, but I will ask if his line has been disconnected.

HCSO did find the fishermen, but they didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Can I say the name of the boyfriend? He is not the father of Carey's kids. His name is mentioned in either the Websleuths or Facebook page for her. If it is ok to post, I will.

Did pawpaw for sure drive the truck to Walmart? Is that in the video footage?

I may be crazy [emoji51]

I'm not certain about when he arrived there that they looked to see if he was the one driving, but they do have footage of him getting back into his truck and driving away alone, so my assumption is that he went to walmart by himself and left that way as well.

And the neighbors footage which HC said was useless! If I was Pmerle00 I would want to see all of this for myself!

I may be crazy [emoji51]

I have asked to see much of the HCSO info myself, but they maintain a non-responsive stance to every single one of my questions.

I have asked to see much of the HCSO info myself, but they maintain a non-responsive stance to every single one of my questions.

Why do you think that is? Any clue why they wouldn't be helpful or answer questions?

<modsnip>

Allow me to clarify - before Becca left for work, in the course of a conversation with Papaw person-to-person, she asked him to pick up mascara from walmart. She texted him after she left, I'm not positive of the time or contents of that message, but I know it was normal for her to text him to let him know she arrived at her first patient ok.

I wouldn't bet on it. She is tenacious
and fiercely brave (probably like her Pawpa) and if she thinks we can help her find Pawpa, (and I'm hoping we can) she'll be back. Unfortunately,
sometimes seat belts need to be tightened because it does get bumpy.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Thanks Razz. I'm really not ignoring y'all or anything like that. Just a lot going on with my husband's family and system failures at my home, ON TOP OF a lot going on with Papaw. Just a lot.

Allow me to clarify - before Becca left for work, in the course of a conversation with Papaw person-to-person, she asked him to pick up mascara from walmart. She texted him after she left, I'm not positive of the time or contents of that message, but I know it was normal for her to text him to let him know she arrived at her first patient ok.
It wasn't normal for BC and MC to phone or text throughout her work day especially checking on her to see how she was doing with her injury and work? Can your PI request the Imessages?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

LE has STILL not requested the Apple iMessages. This is so frustrating to me, as they don't show up on phone records. They don't seem to at ALL respond to tips on technology-related things. Or other things most of the time, but maybe I'm just being overly irritated with them.

Do you remember when you last addressed this topic with LE? For example, you shared with us the email you sent to HCSO explaining how to go about getting this type of info. If that was the last time you touched on the subject, do you remember how long it has been?

Has HCSO explained to you why they have not even requested the Apple iMessages? For example, do they not have enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant? If that's the case, that would indicate to me more likely than not, they believe the iMessages may prove to be a significant lead, and they are working on collecting more evidence in order to obtain a warrant, which should lead to release of iMessages.

Another example would be a response like "We cannot comment on that," which may mean they are not doing anything, or perhaps they cannot reveal anything related to the iMessages (whether they've found anything nafarious, nothing suspicious, or they are still in the process of obtaining the info.) for investigative purposes. This may also mean they cannot even confirm that the iMessage info. has been requested.

Also, is most of your communication with HCSO done via email? Email is my favorite means of communication (partly because I like to have a record of everything), and use it often. This is something you really shouldn't have to do, but it may be a good idea to visit HCSO in person, if you haven't already. Even if the Sheriff is not available, at least the detective should be.

My then-13-year-old became the victim of an adult online predator a couple of years ago (don't want to take up too much space, so to make a long story short, the perp was recently sentenced to 12 to 48 months in state prison and is a registered sex offender for the next 25 years). LE's initial response was great, and they took the matter seriously right away. My ex-husband and I fully cooperated with them (my daughter, not so much ... sigh), but it was still extremely difficult to get any info. out of them. Absolutely no updates unless asked. If I left a voicemail, they seldom even called back. There were a couple of instances where I went into their office unannounced, just sat there for 2 - 3 hours until the detective finally came out. I still didn't get much more info., but simply seeing in person the seven- to eight-inch-thick case binder he took out of the office vault made me feel better.

It took a while, but I am grateful for LE and the prosecuting attorney for securing a conviction.

Pmerle00 - Have some questions, but they are mainly because I want to know more about PaPaw and his family.

1. Did PaPaw have other hobbies other than cars? Did he like to read? Dance? Cook? Did he likes sports? Fish? What's he like (other than what we already know).

2. What are holidays like with your family? Does everyone get together? Are holidays big deal in your family?

3. Did PaPaw volunteer? Did he spend one on one time with his friends? Or was PaPaw and his wife always together socially?

4. Where else does PaPaw have ties? Where did he grow up? Does he have any siblings?

5. Did PaPaw have any long term plans? Something he was looking forward to? A trip, perhaps?

Just trying to understand who PaPaw was!

1. Cars, grandkids, great-grandkids, helping his SIL at his job (owns his own business), watching car races or football on TV... He does cook, but idk that he would call it a hobby, more like just something that he does. He's an upstanding citizen, fiercely loyal and protective of his family, caring, sometimes rambunctious when wrestling with grand/great-grandkids, used to sing in a gospel band, a wonderfully attentive listener who truly cares about other people's "problems" and will offer advice in a very fatherly and wise way... what else can I say? He's just generally awesome.

2. Yes - we get together for major holidays as a big family. They had stopped by my house a couple of weeks before Papaw disappeared to pick up girl scout cookies from my daughter - even though we live pretty far away. At different times, we go spend time with Papaw and Becca just to hang out and they regularly go to grandkids' sports games, birthday parties, etc.

3. Socially, he and Becca are most likely to be seen together at car shows or out to eat. He hangs out quite a bit with his sons and his SIL - seeing them as more than just family, they are friends PLUS family. Family squared? :)

4. Papaw grew up in Italy, TX. He has one brother. I think at one point, he lived in Waxahachie or Red Oak or Ovilla, but that may be childhood remembering, if you know what I mean.

5. I'm really not sure. I know they regularly take trips to places like Mexico or Branson or the beach, but those aren't necessarily "big" trips...

Pmerlee00 - Thank you for answering all my questions! Your PaPaw sounds like an all-around good guy!

<modsnip>

Papaw almost ALWAYS meets her in the garage when she arrived home to help her with her bags, ask how her day was, make sure the garage door closed, etc. If he didn't it would have been because he was perhaps mowing, but she would have heard the mower, or because he was in the shop, but it was locked and dark.

Papaw being a creature of habit and one who enjoys his routine would not differ from this without reason. It set off alarm bells for her. He wasn't answering rapidly repeated calls, (or texts, but as I've said before, he wasn't a texter other than "ok.") which made her nervous. She had a neighbor help look for him on their property with a 4-wheeler before then actually opening up the shop and turning on the lights. With her gut instinct telling her something was wrong, she called after that.

When you know someone, you know what's "normal." Papaw not being in his "usual" places was highly irregular, and she acted as soon as she realized that.

<modsnip>

Unfortunately, I have confirmed that the PI isn't getting much more out of HCSO than we are. I guess they are either keeping things VERY close to the chest, or being non-responsive to other people's requests and questions as they have been to mine... And by non-responsive, I mean radio silence in response to emails, lip service (oh yes, we're checking into that) in person, and then admitting they haven't done anything when asked for results or proof of request...

His truck was parked where it is usually parked. As for the other questions I don't recall the answers.

ETA - I will say family said nothing missing so if there are guns they are not missing.

All weapons are accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member