Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does someone disappear off the face of the earth?!

Has LE looked into every imaginable scenario? Has anyone put together a list of scenarios?

Has LE checked all regional health care facilities for anyone suffering from amnesia?

For some reason, I keep coming back to the blood. How much was there? Was the injury to a finger? An arm? His head?

Did Michael stop the blood loss, and perhaps wander out to the road?

Have there been any tips about any hitchhiking in the area?

Where are you Michael Chambers (PaPaw)?

Pmerle00,

Did HCSO take the dowel as possible evidence? Im thinking if he were attacked in the shop, the dowel could have been part of a weapon. Do you know if it was a thin, long dowel or if it was pretty thick and heavy?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

I just watched the WFAA news story.
My heart hurts and tears are falling for all who love and miss Mr. Chambers [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice story about Papaw on Dallas 8 news just now.

Nice job WFAA! Just watched and heard Papaw's voice. Tears are just non stop right now. I watched it 4 times. What a wonderful man. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

"Family won't give up on missing retired Dallas firefighter in Hunt County"

Haven't watched it yet. Hopefully the link works:

http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/local/f...d-dallas-firefighter-in-hunt-county/460311352

ETA: From the article:
"How do you describe yourself to someone that has never met you?' his grandson asks.

'I don't know. Old,' he laughs with a chuckle. 'still love to play with kids and have a good time.

His great-grandson wanted to know about his life.

'What is something you are passionate about?' the little boy asks.

'In the past, I've been passionate about my job being a fireman,' Chambers says. 'Now, I'm passionate about family and grandkids. One of my hobbies is old cars.'"

Such a sweet Texas drawl ....

I could hardly stand to watch his daughter, Mrs. Losoya, in so much pain.

And to know -while anything is possible, like Mrs. Losoya, I, too, am "convinced this was a crime"- that someone hurt him ... it absolutely makes me sick. And very angry.

I want to make clear that so long as the family is OK with it, of course, I am OK with it, but ... really, why would anyone have this kind, caring gentleman declared DECEASED -the process for which was initiated within 27 business days of his disappearance- less than three months after he went missing? Who could possibly do that? For me personally, no explanation is good enough.

My opinion only.

Pmerle00,

Did HCSO take the dowel as possible evidence? Im thinking if he were attacked in the shop, the dowel could have been part of a weapon. Do you know if it was a thin, long dowel or if it was pretty thick and heavy?

She said it was wooden and didn't seem like it could be used as a weapon. I'm assuming it was lightweight.

Nice job WFAA! Just watched and heard Papaw's voice. Tears are just non stop right now. I watched it 4 times. What a wonderful man. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I agree. I am grateful to Ms. Eisere for covering the story.

My question, though, is how come no one is asking the Hunt County Sheriff anything? Almost all media coverage ceased after the first couple of weeks or so, except for a few local newspaper articles that have covered more recent searches.

This is pretty unusual, IMO. No "calls to the Sheriff's Office were not returned"-type stuff. No statements whatsoever: Not even the "cannot comment due to the ongoing investigation" variety.

Does the radio silence mean they are really thinking suicide or voluntary walk-away? Or have they asked reporters not to cover the story, in order to maintain the integrity of the investigation, and newspapers and TV stations are complying (which does happen from time to time, IMO)?

I don't know, there is something strange going on here ....

"Family won't give up on missing retired Dallas firefighter in Hunt County"

Haven't watched it yet. Hopefully the link works:

http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/local/f...d-dallas-firefighter-in-hunt-county/460311352

ETA: From the article:
"How do you describe yourself to someone that has never met you?' his grandson asks.

'I don't know. Old,' he laughs with a chuckle. 'still love to play with kids and have a good time.

His great-grandson wanted to know about his life.

'What is something you are passionate about?' the little boy asks.

'In the past, I've been passionate about my job being a fireman,' Chambers says. 'Now, I'm passionate about family and grandkids. One of my hobbies is old cars.'"

Such a sweet Texas drawl ....

I could hardly stand to watch his daughter, Mrs. Losoya, in so much pain.

And to know -while anything is possible, like Mrs. Losoya, I, too, am "convinced this was a crime"- that someone hurt him ... it absolutely makes me sick. And very angry.

I want to make clear that so long as the family is OK with it, of course, I am OK with it, but ... really, why would anyone have this kind, caring gentleman declared DECEASED -the process for which was initiated within 27 business days of his disappearance- less than three months after he went missing? Who could possibly do that? For me personally, no explanation is good enough.

My opinion only.

My understanding is that they needed to do that in order to make necessary financial decisions. I have no background on pension/retirement/Social Security payments when a person goes missing. If it's not direct deposited, how would they endorse any checks? Or make changes to the account for the beneficiary?

That a restored vehicle was sold, as part of that process, almost seems directed. Oh, by directed, it's like someone was prompted to make that sale. That is the family business that we have no privy to. MOO of course.

Regarding the PI and LE. Does anyone have any details on HCSO, and their track record on missing persons cases?

That a restored vehicle was sold, as part of that process, almost seems directed. Oh, by directed, it's like someone was prompted to make that sale. That is the family business that we have no privy to. MOO of course.
JMO I don't the sale was directed because if MC or JC had agreed to the terms of the sale without the others knowledge it could represent motive. The same could be said if BC opposed the sale. I think we would hear about it from law-enforcement.

Pmerle00,

That is a good point about the dowel being used as a weapon. It should have been thoroughly checked.

My dad never uses a credit or debit card though he could. He is a bit over 70 and he always has cash and usually several hundred in his wallet. He could stop at a garage sale or buy auto parts or anything he needed. He always called it his running money as in money to run him until he was at the bank the next time and not money to run away on. This is not at all common for people in this age group, in my experience.

So I'm thinking that iMessage is very similar to text messaging so if he barely would text "ok" I'm thinking the iMessage wouldn't be super helpful.

I'm not saying stop trying to get that information I'm just thinking there may not be anything there if he wasn't a text'er.

It's not just MC's iMessages that would be reviewed. Review of iMessages would include all of BC's iMessages both to MC and to anyone else.

My understanding is that they needed to do that in order to make necessary financial decisions. I have no background on pension/retirement/Social Security payments when a person goes missing. If it's not direct deposited, how would they endorse any checks? Or make changes to the account for the beneficiary?

Regarding the PI and LE. Does anyone have any details on HCSO, and their track record on missing persons cases?

Right around the time MC went missing there was a lot of media coverage in the Dallas area about problems with the Police and Firefighter Pension Fund and the mayor freezing requests to withdraw lump sums. The board of the pension fund was voting on different solutions to avoid the fund failing (if I recall correctly). It is possible that pension retirees were called to vote on how the board moved forward and other business related to the pension fund. This could be a valid reason to need court approval to act on MC's behalf. The selling of the car came later it seems.

Has anyone asked for confirmation of whether anything else has been put up for sale or sold by BC? Her name was on the court docs, right?

Did LE thoroughly determine that Michael wasn't followed out of Walmart? If someone saw the bills in his wallet, could they have slowly kept an eye on him? Or even talked to an accomplice outside?

Since we know Michael did make it home, was someone accompanying him? They would have needed to jump in when Michael opened the car. Fast forward to home. Michael convinces his captor to let him put away the purchases. He explains that he keeps his 'stash' in the workshop.

Now, there are a ton of holes in this theory. Either that, or he was visited at his home after being followed. However, there was no evidence of anyone else being in the workshop.

And, was LE ever able to test for the 'age' of the blood? Can they even test for degradation like that?

I believe the Sheriff needed the FBI, and Texas Rangers, back on Day 1. JMO

Pmerle, can you describe how the dowel rod was located? Was in by the drops of blood on the floor like it rolled into the blood or on a shelf etc?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Was the shop dusted for fingerprints? I’m sure if there were other fingerprints other than MC’s they could be explained, but I’d think those people whose fingerprints were found should’ve been questioned. And there are ways to tell if the fingerprints are new, or from the past, if other fingerprints are on top of the more recent ones.

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

Was the shop dusted for fingerprints? I’m sure if there were other fingerprints other than MC’s they could be explained, but I’d think those people whose fingerprints were found should’ve been questioned. And there are ways to tell if the fingerprints are new, or from the past, if other fingerprints are on top of the more recent ones.

All fingerprints belonged to Pawpa. See pmerle00's posts

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well I find that odd, especially if others have ever been in that shop.

Well, that is what our VI said but then, that may have been what HCSO told them. I'm not sure what to believe/think anymore.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member