Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, and we requested that they do so, as did the Texas Rangers. HCSO told us they would send it to the lab we researched that could test for such substances. We recently found out they never sent the second sample for those tests. (We only found out because we pressed and pressed and pressed asking when the results would be in, otherwise I think they might have never said anything at all!)

This is absolutely insane. Who is above these officers? Who does this force have to answer too?
There has got to be someone who would be interested in the corruption. I'm going to look into this and see who you may be able to contact besides the TX rangers. The TX rangers are supposed to take on cases where families feel there is corruption in a case but clearly y'all have tried to get their attention with no results from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is absolutely insane. Who is above these officers? Who does this force have to answer too?
There has got to be someone who would be interested in the corruption. I'm going to look into this and see who you may be able to contact besides the TX rangers. The TX rangers are supposed to take on cases where families feel there is corruption in a case but clearly y'all have tried to get their attention with no results from them.

The state law enforcement commission, and the Office of the Attorney General.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Here's TX Rangers info. I don't see how they can just brush your family aside. Cases like this are their job. There has to be a way to make them look at it differently. I'm sure you have exhausted their websites and emails, I'm curious though, have you spoken with them and voiced your concerns about the police investigation and all the mistakes they have made or evidence they seem to "forget" to send off? Have you or your family told them about the truck seat, blood, signing of the declaration of death etc? (I'm not bringing BC into this) also, there was the man named brad and his saga, after his pleading online for someone to listen to him about the case he was immediately arrested and held on unrelated charges. Is it possible he was too close to the truth? It's possible the sheriff was afraid he was going to in fact investigate himself and find the pieces. All of this should be told to the Texas Rangers as well. In the beginning of this you were asking the rangers for help just as a missing person/criminal act. Now there is so much more to this. Has anyone contacted them recently and updated them to see if they can in fact help?

Public Corruption Unit
The 81st session of the Texas Legislature passed HB2086; this bill created the Public Corruption Unit within the Texas Department of Public Safety, under the responsibility of the Texas Ranger Division. The Texas Rangers are committed to fighting public corruption, as it relates to public officials, law enforcement officers, and others that hold a position of public trust. Fighting corruption is vital to preserving our democracy, protecting our borders, and securing our communities. discuss public integrity or corruption allegations with a Texas Ranger near you, you may find your local Texas Ranger’s Office here.

To submit a complaint:

Call (512) 424-2160

The state law enforcement commission, and the Office of the Attorney General.

I think there is a fine line to walk with the family and them alienating local LE. Right now, LE is their only way to get information. Upsetting them could make it to where LE gives less info than what they are getting now. Personally, I would not be comfortable complaining to anyone on behalf of the Chambers family until the family gave me the go ahead to do so.

Here's TX Rangers info. I don't see how they can just brush your family aside. Cases like this are their job. There has to be a way to make them look at it differently. I'm sure you have exhausted their websites and emails, I'm curious though, have you spoken with them and voiced your concerns about the police investigation and all the mistakes they have made or evidence they seem to "forget" to send off? Have you or your family told them about the truck seat, blood, signing of the declaration of death etc? (I'm not bringing BC into this) also, there was the man named brad and his saga, after his pleading online for someone to listen to him about the case he was immediately arrested and held on unrelated charges. Is it possible he was too close to the truth? It's possible the sheriff was afraid he was going to in fact investigate himself and find the pieces. All of this should be told to the Texas Rangers as well. In the beginning of this you were asking the rangers for help just as a missing person/criminal act. Now there is so much more to this. Has anyone contacted them recently and updated them to see if they can in fact help?

Public Corruption Unit
The 81st session of the Texas Legislature passed HB2086; this bill created the Public Corruption Unit within the Texas Department of Public Safety, under the responsibility of the Texas Ranger Division. The Texas Rangers are committed to fighting public corruption, as it relates to public officials, law enforcement officers, and others that hold a position of public trust. Fighting corruption is vital to preserving our democracy, protecting our borders, and securing our communities. discuss public integrity or corruption allegations with a Texas Ranger near you, you may find your local Texas Ranger’s Office here.

To submit a complaint:

Call (512) 424-2160

This. ^^^^^

Question for our VI - does PaPaw and Becca own their home? Is it paid off?

Edited to add more questions for our VI:

1. Just curious, but what did Becca do to her arm? I know she had surgery - but had she fallen and gotten hurt?
2. Has BC always worked? Full time? Part time? She was at work the day Papaw went missing - was the job she was doing that day always what she did at work? Was it something new? Or was this what she has done for years?
3. Did BC and Papaw always vacation together or did they travel seperately some times?
4. You mentioned there was a balloon release for PaPaw. Did all the immediate family attend?

This article is incorrect. She didn't arrive home until after 6. Her first text to him was saying she was that she was coming home at 5:51. After that there's a series of texts and calls - where are you, I'm home, looking for you, call me back ASAP, etc. - from 6:14 to 7:01 (with the last one being AFTER she made the 911 call).

Do you know if she attempted to call or text anyone else to ask about his whereabouts before calling 911? Family? Friends?

I live in Texas and I think every man I know carries a Case knife, or something of the sort. Did Mr. Chamber's own one, and if so, is it missing? If not, was it tested for fingerprints and/or blood?

This news article also contains photo of statement from HCSO that confirms BC claimed to have arrived home "a few minutes before" she made the call to HCSO at 6:55pm:
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/hun...y-authorities-look-70-year-old-may-taken-home

There are two things I find particularly unusual -and frankly disturbing- about PaPaw's case: A consistent pattern of ever-changing stories, and things being "debunked." Example include:

CORRECTION: I have been informed by a different source in the family who is closer to Papaw that he DOES NOT lock his house when he works in the shop. He'd usually leave the garage door on Becca's side of the garage attached to the house open and sometimes even the front door unlocked, then the shop would be unlocked and usually one, or both, garage doors of the shop open.

Previously, I posted that he WOULD typically lock the house, but that was from a source who may have been guessing based on their own tendencies. Reminder that the house was completely locked up, as was the shop, and all garage doors were down when Becca arrived home.

I don't have much time today to address other comments, but wanted to get that out there.
(RBBM)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-1&p=13453732#post13453732

Pmerle00 posted the above on June 23rd. Why wasn't she made aware of it sooner? I remember us talking about how odd it was that everything was locked up when BC came home if PaPaw was attacked in the shop, and especially so if this was a case of robbery gone wrong; it is virtually unheard of for a perp to take the time to make sure the place s/he is robbing is secure and protected. Did someone see the discussion on here, realize the state in which PaPaw's shop and the house were found indeed appeared suspicious and change their story?

Another example:
Allow me to clarify - before Becca left for work, in the course of a conversation with Papaw person-to-person, she asked him to pick up mascara from walmart. She texted him after she left, I'm not positive of the time or contents of that message, but I know it was normal for her to text him to let him know she arrived at her first patient ok.
(RBBM)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-2&p=13528087#post13528087

I cannot go into details, but the explanation given by a family member in an FB post as to how and why PaPaw ended up going to Walmart to get the mascara that day is completely different than the information given to Pmerle00.

Things being "debunked" (or shown to be different than what Pmerle00 has been told):
I updated my previous post, but wanted to stress: the certificate' received was not a death certificate, but was a Letter of Testamentary, which required announcements in papers and the pension board. Yes, that type of letter is typically obtained when a person dies and an executor needs to settle an estate, but there are other applications, such as this one.
(RBBM)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-1&p=13511195#post13511195
Public records show otherwise :(.

DFD pension board sent out a letter to members just prior to Papaw's disappearance requesting a confirmation that the payments should maintain as they had been - OR if they didn't respond, then it would go to semi-annual payments.
(RBBM)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-2&p=13526202#post13526202
As per DPFPS publications, they were required to respond by Feb. 28th if they wanted the payments to go to semi-annual; otherwise, their payments would have stayed monthly. Therefore, this is misinformation and a moot, irrelevant point, IMO. If it is true that the distribution form had not been returned at the time of PaPaw's disappearance, then the potential problem would have been that the DROP payments would have stopped altogether because PaPaw was no longer there to sign the form.

Pmerle00 also shared with us:
Papaw has been drawing pension and DROP regularly. He also regularly works with my uncle (his SIL) doing flooring jobs (concrete staining), which provides additional income.
(RBBM)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-3&p=13564481#post13564481
So -as suspected-, at least PaPaw's regular/non-DROP payments would have continued as usual without him being declared deceased.

Then this morning, I found a couple of quotes from Sheriff Meeks that I hadn't seen before (All BBM):
"'His wife, she works in Dallas, came home around 7 p.m. and was unable to get a hold of him,' Meeks said."
and also
"Chambers often spent time in a workshop on the property.

'And that’s where we observed indicators that he did not leave on his own,' Meeks said. 'Several items of his were also missing.'"
http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/up...cle_c5d512b2-0683-11e7-971c-e3cda73252a4.html

The article was last updated at 6:15pm on Mar. 11, not even 24 hours after PaPaw went missing, so perhaps Sheriff Meeks still wasn't familiar with all the facts and details of the case. But as Dayzee pointed out, two days later at the press conference, he stated BC had "returned home a few minutes prior to the call," which he said came in "at approximately 6:55pm."

I know I forget things from time to time and don't always remember things accurately. But it is the consistent pattern of inconsistencies that really trouble me here.

Parmalee thank you so much for coming back. I never post but I just wanted to tell you that your pawpaw's case breaks my heart. He reminds me so much of my own beloved grandfather. I have been following this case from the beginning. I hope you don't mind but I emailed the ID channel. I suggested that should feature his case on disappeared

One vacutainer containing 3ML/4ML of blood would create a small area of blood approx 3inches in diameter. (I just checked using a teaspoon of water which is equal to 4.92ML ) The larger tubes in the picture do not have anticoagulants in them.
The pools of blood do seem to be planted since there were no smudging, smearing or footprints in it. It seems awfully odd that the blood was undisturbed and none of it located outside the shop. If Michael accidentally injured himself he probably would have walked through some of the blood causing it to smear. Also strange there wasn’t any blood on the doorknob or outside the shop
Also agree with you on the many inconsistencies It is almost like things are being made up or added to in order to hide original mistakes. It reminds me of the quote “Oh, what a tangled web we weave. When first we practise to deceive
Or could one of these have been used?
360px-Venipuncture_using_a_BD_Vacutainer.JPG

ihwx.658155d5-dade-4261-8474-0a1657363ebe.500.500.jpg

"In medicine, venipuncture or venepuncture is the process of obtaining intravenous access for the purpose of intravenous therapy or for blood sampling of venous blood. In healthcare, this procedure is performed by medical laboratory scientists, medical practitioners, some EMTs, paramedics, phlebotomists, dialysis technicians, and other nursing staff."

"The test tubes in which blood is collected may contain one or more of several additives. In general, tests requiring whole blood call for blood samples collected in test tubes containing some form of the anticoagulant EDTA. EDTA chelates calcium to prevent clotting. EDTA is preferred for hematology tests because it does minimum damage to cell morphology." (BBM)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venipuncture

If they haven't yet, HCSO should test any remaining sample collected at the shop for these types of substances, IMO.

Or could one of these have been used?
360px-Venipuncture_using_a_BD_Vacutainer.JPG

ihwx.658155d5-dade-4261-8474-0a1657363ebe.500.500.jpg

"In medicine, venipuncture or venepuncture is the process of obtaining intravenous access for the purpose of intravenous therapy or for blood sampling of venous blood. In healthcare, this procedure is performed by medical laboratory scientists, medical practitioners, some EMTs, paramedics, phlebotomists, dialysis technicians, and other nursing staff."

"The test tubes in which blood is collected may contain one or more of several additives. In general, tests requiring whole blood call for blood samples collected in test tubes containing some form of the anticoagulant EDTA. EDTA chelates calcium to prevent clotting. EDTA is preferred for hematology tests because it does minimum damage to cell morphology." (BBM)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venipuncture

If they haven't yet, HCSO should test any remaining sample collected at the shop for these types of substances, IMO.
This has been my thought also.

Pmerle00- Had she been in Dallas on the 10th?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I am trying to find that out, but don't hold your breath on a verifiable answer for this one... I believe her patients are typically in the greenville/cash/quinlan area, so there would have been no need for her to be in Dallas. Her EMPLOYER may be Dallas-based.

Question for our VI - does PaPaw and Becca own their home? Is it paid off?

Edited to add more questions for our VI:

1. Just curious, but what did Becca do to her arm? I know she had surgery - but had she fallen and gotten hurt?
2. Has BC always worked? Full time? Part time? She was at work the day Papaw went missing - was the job she was doing that day always what she did at work? Was it something new? Or was this what she has done for years?
3. Did BC and Papaw always vacation together or did they travel seperately some times?
4. You mentioned there was a balloon release for PaPaw. Did all the immediate family attend?

She fell in a parking lot and broke her wrist on her way in to work.

Yes - I think full-time. She was doing her regular job (home health nurse) on March 10th. I don't know how many years she has been a nurse - as long as I can remember.

They went on many vacations together, but Papaw travels with car shows separately sometimes, and Becca takes trips without Papaw sometimes.

Not all, but all who were able, yes. (some were working, some live too far away, etc.)

U know I'm not sure how big of area quinlan is but i was a home health nurse and you have so much freedom. Just saying it's not like working in an office or hospital. You are pretty much on your own and YOU make the visit times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Do you know if she attempted to call or text anyone else to ask about his whereabouts before calling 911? Family? Friends?

I can try to find this out. I know she went to the neighbor for help, but let me find out if she called anyone else before calling 911.

I live in Texas and I think every man I know carries a Case knife, or something of the sort. Did Mr. Chamber's own one, and if so, is it missing? If not, was it tested for fingerprints and/or blood?

I don't recall Papaw ever carrying a knife, but let me ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abs2021