Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of Papaw an praying answers come swiftly and justice is served. Happy Easter to his family an all to you reading! Bring Papaw home already! [emoji45][emoji175]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using Tapatalk

I wish everyone a blessed Easter! Just a quick question to try to prompt a little more discussion and keep MC on or near the front burner:
I know the driver's license missing has been talked about a lot, but does anyone think, or know, if a stolen license can actually still be used in this day and age for a fake ID? I wonder how difficult it is to take someone else's license and, say, make a copy of it using a different photo? There are bar codes ( are there chips in the newer licenses?), of course the signature , height, eye color... Is it just too difficult today to use a stolen license? I looked around and read what little I could find on the subject, so I tend to discount wanting MC's license to use for that. We had talked about perhaps someone wanting to forge his signature, but I now discount that because it seems like no checks or other papers have surfaced with his signature on them.

Why leave the wallet behind and take the cash and DL? I feel it was to "tell" someone "I think I might be in trouble". What else does a man keep in his wallet? Health insurance cards? Pictures?

But why did someone give him time to do this? It HAS to have some significance!

I wish everyone a blessed Easter! Just a quick question to try to prompt a little more discussion and keep MC on or near the front burner:
I know the driver's license missing has been talked about a lot, but does anyone think, or know, if a stolen license can actually still be used in this day and age for a fake ID? I wonder how difficult it is to take someone else's license and, say, make a copy of it using a different photo? There are bar codes ( are there chips in the newer licenses?), of course the signature , height, eye color... Is it just too difficult today to use a stolen license? I looked around and read what little I could find on the subject, so I tend to discount wanting MC's license to use for that. We had talked about perhaps someone wanting to forge his signature, but I now discount that because it seems like no checks or other papers have surfaced with his signature on them.

Personally, I think his license was taken when he was stopped by a corrupt law enforcement officer on the way back from WalMart. The officer took his license under the guise of running it for whatever bogus reason was made to stop him. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Personally, I think his license was taken when he was stopped by a corrupt law enforcement officer on the way back from WalMart. The officer took his license under the guise of running it for whatever bogus reason was made to stop him. Just my opinion.

I'm trying to visualize what may have happened next in your scenario. What do you think happened after he was stopped?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

I'm trying to visualize what may have happened next in your scenario. What do you think happened after he was stopped?

I'm guessing that the truck registration was still in place in the car, though there are no facts to confirm that. I try to visualize everything, too, and this would be in broad daylight. Wouldn't there have to be two cops there- one to take MC's truck back home while the other one- well, now I've confused myself. The other one would have to follow in order to pick up the 2nd guy who took the truck back to MC's. Nothing at all is beyond the possible, but I'd think there'd be too much chance of witnesses and something not going according to plan. Might not MC also know many of the cops in that small-town area, or county?

Just my opinion here, but I think he was subdued, and taken somewhere else where he was harmed.

I'm guessing that the truck registration was still in place in the car, though there are no facts to confirm that. I try to visualize everything, too, and this would be in broad daylight. Wouldn't there have to be two cops there- one to take MC's truck back home while the other one- well, now I've confused myself. The other one would have to follow in order to pick up the 2nd guy who took the truck back to MC's. Nothing at all is beyond the possible, but I'd think there'd be too much chance of witnesses and something not going according to plan. Might not MC also know many of the cops in that small-town area, or county?

I would think he would know the cops. And it would be a friendly exchange. At first. My thought is maybe he went to sit in the officer’s vehicle under the guise of having his license run for a bogus reason, and someone was in the backseat. Cops here mostly drive SUVs. Would be easy to have someone hiding in the back. I’m not sure what kind of vehicles they drive in HC. Just my thoughts.

I would think he would know the cops. And it would be a friendly exchange. At first. My thought is maybe he went to sit in the officer’s vehicle under the guise of having his license run for a bogus reason, and someone was in the backseat. Cops here mostly drive SUVs. Would be easy to have someone hiding in the back. I’m not sure what kind of vehicles they drive in HC. Just my thoughts.

If this were the case, then surely there had to be a record of a stop by the police.

But, I too have a hard time visualizing what may have happened after the stop. There would need to be at least 3 people in on this.
One to take MC to an undisclosed location, and the other to take his truck home along with the items he just bought at Wal-Mart.

There would then need to be someone to let this cop in the house to put the items away and "stage" the scene. There would also need to be a third or 4th person to pick #3 up. Unless one thinks BC may have been involved in the staging. I'm sure police have checked her stops during the day.

I don't know. The stats on their loan were revealing. The garage itself is half the worth of the total selling price of the property.

So, who would be hurt most if there was a divorce? I think it would clearly
be MC. Not sure but is Texas a no fault 50/50? If so, he'd need to buy her out to keep the house. And even then, his retirement may not have covered the cost of retaining the property.

If this were the case, then surely there had to be a record of a stop by the police.

But, I too have a hard time visualizing what may have happened after the stop. There would need to be at least 3 people in on this.
One to take MC to an undisclosed location, and the other to take his truck home along with the items he just bought at Wal-Mart.

There would then need to be someone to let this cop in the house to put the items away and "stage" the scene. There would also need to be a third or 4th person to pick #3 up. Unless one thinks BC may have been involved in the staging. I'm sure police have checked her stops during the day.

I don't know. The stats on their loan were revealing. The garage itself is half the worth of the total selling price of the property.

So, who would be hurt most if there was a divorce? I think it would clearly
be MC. Not sure but is Texas a no fault 50/50? If so, he'd need to buy her out to keep the house. And even then, his retirement may not have covered the cost of retaining the property.

What corrupt cop checks in on a traffic stop when they’re about to harm someone?

Does anyone have a MSM link or an actual LE press release with this information? That FB page doesn't look like a legitimate source.

Huh. Well, I guess we have a preview of what Meeks told ID for the upcoming "Disappeared" episode. Doesn't this seem like information he could have come out with a year ago? It doesn't take a year to get phone pings.

I'm not buying it.
If they (LE) believed this they would not have waited till over a year to put it out there. Especially in light of all the public attempts to force them to investigate, or allow another agency to.
Instead, they avoided the case, IMO.

"Basically the only new information that I gave was the following," Meeks told the Herald-Banner Monday evening. "Our phone expert was able to trace Mr. Chambers cell phone to the middle of the two-mile bridge going from West Tawakoni to East Tawakoni. He told us that Mr. Chambers left around 2:30 pm on the day that he went missing. The phone signal stopped in the middle of the two-mile bridge over Lake Tawakoni. He informed us that the signal only traveled 2.5 miles an hour. We determined that at that speed he had to be on a bicycle. The speed was too fast for walking and of course too slow for a vehicle. Investigators went back to Mr. Chambers shop and found a bicycle missing from his shop. We have had two different dive teams to search the area under water and nothing was found."

The statement did not specify whether Chambers was believed to have jumped from the bridge, or what may have happened to the bicycle, lthough Meeks said he may have given that impression to the interviewer on the radio.

"I misspoke on that, because I don't know that," Meeks said. "I don't have any evidence to indicate that."

[...]

A small amount of blood was located in a workshop at the residence, but there were no signs of a struggle and Meeks has said it is unclear whether Chambers was injured and walked away from the shop seeking help or was forcibly taken from the building.

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/up...cle_0eebdba0-36c3-11e8-9e4d-2bbb09068ecf.html

Huh. Well, I guess we have a preview of what Meeks told ID for the upcoming "Disappeared" episode. Doesn't this seem like information he could have come out with a year ago? It doesn't take a year to get phone pings.

Exactly! And a year later they notice that a bike is missing?? [emoji848]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members