Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said this before and it is my own opinion. BC/VI stated that she had her cast removed on Friday, March 10. (The day MC went missing.). I would like to know where her physician is located: Quinlan, Commerce, or Dallas? Did MC drive her? Once the cast was removed, she probably contacted her employer and provided them with a medical release and any physical restrictions. When her employer made the schedule for Friday, they would not have known she would be released that morning. IMO, by the time she went to the dr. And back to employer, I think they would have said "Let's get you on the schedule for Monday." That would have left Friday open for her. Did she and MC meet someone somewhere? My background is Human Resources and when someone is released from a medical leave, there is paperwork to be done, etc. I have a hard time believing she worked that day.

I didn't realize BC had her cast removed that very day. I do remember it was discussed, and thought it was eventually corrected that she'd gotten her medical release prior to that day? I think she was in a soft cast , at least for a time. What I do remember is the VI stating that MC usually went to her medical appts. with her. She'd need someone else to drive while the wrist healed.

Well, you could always put a contract on the house and I believe the contract allows time for an inspection. What's to keep someone from doing that?

Costly maybe but NOT as costly as actually purchasing the property.
A little escrow and the cost of a thorough "home inspection". And,
you'll get the escrow back.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

That could be done, but you'd have to be prepared to forfeit your earnest money or downpayment on contract. ( Unless something sort of major popped up during the home inspection)

On the legal side, I noticed a couple of recent activities:

924e313c3fb09a58cb72e7c75a328c16.jpg

b610a7fa0fa68a40d32200f7bea97062.jpg

Both documents are available via idocket.com.

It appears that the request was made by a company that specializes in courthouse research and document retrieval on behalf of a third party:

http://www.crrginc.com/research.html

After reading the linked articles below, it appears that this is standard practice when the property to be sold is part of an estate, but I am really not sure:

https://www.parealtor.org/justliste...s-involving-a-power-of-attorney-or-an-estate/

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/ES/htm/ES.356.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This does seem to be basically a title search, which is always part and parcel of a real estate sale. At first, I was hoping maybe the private investigator used this company to acquire the info, but now it looks like just what's normally done in a situation like this.

This does seem to be basically a title search, which is always part and parcel of a real estate sale. At first, I was hoping maybe the private investigator used this company to acquire the info, but now it looks like just what's normally done in a situation like this.
Say I live outside the area and have no clue about MC's disappearance. Is either realtor responsible for informing the prospective buyer about MC's disappearance?

I wonder what the title search revealed? Could be both names are
on the deed and the buyer's attorney advised them to review all the documents?

Do most people use attorneys for
closings in Texas?

Also, I don't see where the price has decreased. It is definitely far and away the most expensive home in that area. Could be MC's work garage that pulls up the price.

I was also intrigued that it listed the garage as having a bathroom. I remember the VI saying there was a sink, but didn't mention there was a total bathroom.

Say I live outside the area and have no clue about MC's disappearance. Is either realtor responsible for informing the prospective buyer about MC's disappearance?

closings in Texas?

Also, I don't see where the price has decreased. It is definitely far and away the most expensive home in that area. Could be MC's work garage that pulls up the price.

I was also intrigued that it listed the garage as having a bathroom. I remember the VI saying there was a sink, but didn't mention there was a total bathroom.

This is just what I know from personal experience, but I have never used an attorney when buying a home. However, I have a legal background. I’m also going to check out any previous information about the house.

Since no death officially occurred at the property (officially), the history of the property isn’t required to be disclosed. I would think that anyone from the area would know what the situation is, though. Could be that it was someone from out of town, and they were somehow let in on the drama of the situation, so they decided to check it out.

Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

closings in Texas?

We've always had attorneys do the real estate transactions here in NYS. I'm not certain it's legally required, though. I should know the answer, but offhand, I can't remember! I don't think it'd be required to disclose any history of the property, except for what home inspections reveal, or if it were on or near a toxic waste site. I've always been curious as to whether or not there was a current mortgage/home equity line on that property. Probably none of our beeswax, but still curious.

We've always had attorneys do the real estate transactions here in NYS. I'm not certain it's legally required, though. I should know the answer, but offhand, I can't remember! I don't think it'd be required to disclose any history of the property, except for what home inspections reveal, or if it were on or near a toxic waste site. I've always been curious as to whether or not there was a current mortgage/home equity line on that property. Probably none of our beeswax, but still curious.

RBBM

Public info. via the “Hunt County self-service web site” at
https://hunttx-recorder.tylerhost.net/web/

8734b05a43fe203bc1002a633dffdccf.jpg

eafa498fee75b4fd086ce5da79e4ad33.jpg

374bdb5fa324c58c7c2adfb1b050cc7a.jpg

5e3eabc304708f4f3cd545fc958dea02.jpg

I noticed that the price has dropped. Wasn't she asking $365,000? I wonder if the prospective buyer found out what was going on? Also, I hope Michael's children were allowed to go thru the house and take a memento or shirt of their Dad's? I hope so.

The price has remained the same:

2050721ae8f44ccd7fb8849159f0f537.jpg

I would be very surprised to see the price go down any time soon.

As far as the children being allowed to take anything, I highly, highly doubt it. I do wonder, however, what has been done with his clothes, shoes, etc.

I think all the pieces together tell a story. I think he will be found in an unlikely place. Strange that house is being sold. Maybe the new owners will find something.. I have heard that sometimes happens..

I think the perpetrators are just waiting until the body is so deteriorated that evidence is lost.

I think the lake needs to be checked again or any vacant or summer properties nearby.

RBBM

I was able to find a case where this happened. Unfortunately, though, the perpetrator here literally got away with murder:

“Melvin Henry Ignatow[1] (March 26, 1938 – September 1, 2008)[2] was a resident of Louisville, Kentucky, U.S., who murdered his former girlfriend, Brenda Sue Schaefer, in 1988. The case was controversial because Ignatow was acquitted of the charge, but photographs proving his guilt were uncovered after the trial. Under the legal principle of double jeopardy, however, Ignatow could not be tried a second time for the murder. He was, instead, convicted and jailed for several instances of perjury in his grand jury testimony for the case.[3]

[SBM]

Six months after Ignatow's acquittal, a carpetlayer working in Ignatow's old house, which had been sold to fund his defense, pulled up a length of carpet in a hallway. Under it he found a floor vent containing a plastic bag, taped to hold it inside the vent. Inside the bag was the jewelry Schaefer had taken with her on the night of her disappearance, and three rolls of undeveloped film. When developed, the film showed Ignatow torturing and raping Schaefer, just as Shore had described. Ignatow's face was not in the pictures, but body hair patterns and moles matched him perfectly.

Ignatow was brought to trial for perjury based on his grand jury testimony. Knowing that he could not be retried for the murder because of double jeopardy, Ignatow confessed in court at his perjury trial.“ (BBM)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Ignatow

IMHO, You always amaze me with your sleuthing! Thank you for working on this case, doing the research, and sharing the information!

Thanks, KTLO!

MC’s case has touched me so much. As another poster said recently, I’m sure he is not perfect (no one is) but seems pretty darn close, IMO. I am not going to quit, nor am I going anywhere until he is brought home and justice is done.

I just wish I could find more information or come up with ideas as to his potential location because I really want him found for his children’s sake.

I'm glad to see Michael Papaw Chamber's thread active once again. Hopefully nerves will be shaken & fear will move someone to come forward. [emoji263]Justice is coming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

If you search MC’s & BC’s property on Hunt County Tax Assessor-Collector’s website, his name shows up also.

The buyer would have come across his name somewhere, IMO:

ef2c667d1c5fad942a62e5bf6ca7ae52.jpg

http://www.hunt-cad.org

RBBM

Public info. via the “Hunt County self-service web site” at
https://hunttx-recorder.tylerhost.net/web/

8734b05a43fe203bc1002a633dffdccf.jpg

eafa498fee75b4fd086ce5da79e4ad33.jpg

374bdb5fa324c58c7c2adfb1b050cc7a.jpg

5e3eabc304708f4f3cd545fc958dea02.jpg

It appears she owes $180,800 on the property as of 2014. I wonder if that loan was to build his garage. The house was built in 2006. Wonder if they paid cash for the house.

The taxes, to me anyway, are high.
They must tax on the appraised value. And the insurance cost is probably high too.

I hate to say it but I can understand
why she needs/wants to unload the property.There's not much room to be sentimental. If something were to happen to my hubby, his car would be the first to go and I'd have our house on the market as soon as I was able and I would need to do some serious downsizing.

It appears she owes $180,800 on the property as of 2014. I wonder if that loan was to build his garage. The house was built in 2006. Wonder if they paid cash for the house.

The taxes, to me anyway, are high.
They must tax on the appraised value. And the insurance cost is probably high too.

I hate to say it but I can understand
why she needs/wants to unload the property.There's not much room to be sentimental. If something were to happen to my hubby, his car would be the first to go and I'd have our house on the market as soon as I was able and I would need to do some serious downsizing.

Property taxes are high in Texas. One of the main reasons is because we don't have state income tax. The state has to get the funds through other avenues.

Property taxes are high in Texas. One of the main reasons is because we don't have state income tax. The state has to get the funds through other avenues.
That's how it is in Fl too.

I've been thinking...my husband is looking to retire soon. I am trying to
convince him we need to downsize.
If we don't, our retirement will go to maintaining this big home and big property. I'm so over it....and I wonder if that's the situation BC found herself in with MC. They may have argued about it. She'd like to travel while she has her health and MC is happy to stay at home working on his cars.

Again, I don't think she had anything to do with his disappearance directly, but the writing may have been on the wall
and perhaps they or she talked of separating and it was too much for him to bear. (The thought of losing her and his car/home/garage.)

The price has remained the same:

cache.php

I would be very surprised to see the price go down any time soon.

As far as the children being allowed to take anything, I highly, highly doubt it. I do wonder, however, what has been done with his clothes, shoes, etc.

My mistake. I thought it was listed for $365,000.

That's how it is in Fl too.

I've been thinking...my husband is looking to retire soon. I am trying to
convince him we need to downsize.
If we don't, our retirement will go to maintaining this big home and big property. I'm so over it....and I wonder if that's the situation BC found herself in with MC. They may have argued about it. She'd like to travel while she has her health and MC is happy to stay at home working on his cars.

Again, I don't think she had anything to do with his disappearance directly, but the writing may have been on the wall
and perhaps they or she talked of separating and it was too much for him to bear. (The thought of losing her and his car/home/garage.)

That's among my several theories, too, Razz. Not a single one fits perfectly, or even half-way perfectly. We don't know what we don't know...

Thanks, KTLO!

MC’s case has touched me so much. As another poster said recently, I’m sure he is not perfect (no one is) but seems pretty darn close, IMO. I am not going to quit, nor am I going anywhere until he is brought home and justice is done.

I just wish I could find more information or come up with ideas as to his potential location because I really want him found for his children’s sake.

I so appreciate your digging, IMHO! I'm not very good at it, and I also have internet with a data cap that gives me problems at time, so try to limit data usage and searching around. Hate it! Thank you!

I didn't realize BC had her cast removed that very day. I do remember it was discussed, and thought it was eventually corrected that she'd gotten her medical release prior to that day? I think she was in a soft cast , at least for a time. What I do remember is the VI stating that MC usually went to her medical appts. with her. She'd need someone else to drive while the wrist healed.
Apparently, I did not see where this info was corrected. Please disregard my post. Thank you, Tripod, for calling this to my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett