Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I agree with you. I deleted my post though about the article, because I thought perhaps I was being too unfair and judgmental. Not objective enough. I can get tunnel vision at times...

By the way, welcome to WS!! So glad you decided to post. Looking forward to more of your posts too...

:welcome:

Thank you! I wish I would have become involved earlier. I've been following this case since the beginning. I grew up in Hunt County and currently volunteer there. Definitely hoping and praying everyday for justice for Pawpaw!

Posting for reference:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking

“Although walking speeds can vary greatly depending on many factors such as height, weight, age, terrain, surface, load, culture, effort, and fitness, the average human walking speed at crosswalks is about 5.0 kilometres per hour (km/h), or about 1.4 meters per second (m/s), or about 3.1 miles per hour (mph). Specific studies have found pedestrian walking speeds at crosswalks ranging from 4.51 kilometres per hour (2.80 mph) to 4.75 kilometres per hour (2.95 mph) for older individuals and from 5.32 kilometres per hour (3.31 mph) to 5.43 kilometres per hour (3.37 mph) for younger individuals;[2][3] a brisk walking speed can be around 6.5 kilometres per hour (4.0 mph).[4] Champion racewalkers can average more than 14 kilometres per hour (8.7 mph) over a distance of 20 kilometres (12 mi).”

https://www.livestrong.com/article/413599-the-average-bike-riding-speed/

“In 2006, the city of St. Petersburg, Florida, installed bike riding lanes on two of its streets. During his study of the effects of the bicycle lane installation, senior research scientist William Hunter and his team found that the average speed of the bicycle riders was between 11 and 12 mph before the bike lanes were installed. The lanes were monitored periodically over a two-year period after their installation, and the researchers found that the average speed remained consistent.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To me it doesn't matter if he was walking, biking, in a car or what......at 2.5mph from his house to the middle of the bridge would put him at the bridge around 8:30 - 9 PM that night if his phone left the house at 2:30pm as Sheriff Meeks stated. Someone would have seen something. He stated it was "traveling"! Doesn't that mean moving the whole time?

If he was planning to commit suicide, why wait and travel so slowly? I'm not buying this story without more evidence!

To me it doesn't matter if he was walking, biking, in a car or what......at 2.5mph from his house to the middle of the bridge would put him at the bridge around 8:30 - 9 PM that night if his phone left the house at 2:30pm as Sheriff Meeks stated. Someone would have seen something. He stated it was "traveling"! Doesn't that mean moving the whole time?

If he was planning to commit suicide, why wait and travel so slowly? I'm not buying this story without more evidence!
There is an interview with HC sheriff on Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/HuntCountyTheftReports/videos/?mt_nav=1

He does clarify to some extent the phone data. Says 4.5-4.8mph with 1 stop along the way.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

One stop, at the top of a hill. I wish they'd release a map marked with the route, so we could pick over that for any clues.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Is anyone watching the live interview of Sheriff Meeks? He said that he 100% believes there was no chance of foul play. He also said he was not aware that a death certificate was issued. He said "something" was issued, but he didn't know if it was a death certificate, and said that he didn't have the authority to sign one anyway.
Would anyone like to borrow a pair of muck boots?

(Who signed off on the death certificate?)

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I just watched the interview. I thought it to be very interesting. I do not know Sheriff Meeks. I do think he is sincere in his beliefs.

According to google maps, the distance from the house to the middle of 2 mile bridge would take 1 hr and 45 min. on a bicycle. That makes more sense and fits the timeline better. That would put him at 2 mile bridge around 4:15 to 4:30 pm. It would be possible (but not probable in my opinion) to jump off the bridge when cars are not on the bridge, but I think SOMEONE would have seen him on it and remembered!

He states the bridge was finishing completion when Papaw went missing. He also stated no one saw him on the bike. I think it is possible someone picked him and his bike up and he threw his phone off the bridge and he left the area. (I really don't think he did that, but it is possible and I will not rule it out).

I felt he has some animosity toward Suzy and the PI. He did not speak well of the PI and stated he just tells Suzy what she wants to hear. I also feel he seemed belligerent toward the interviewer and appeared nervous, but not sure why.

Sheriff Meeks stated the water had been searched by sonar and found nothing. He also stated it is in the same area they searched by sonar and found a gun which was used to commit the murders of DA and others in a neighboring county. I'm not convinced a jump would kill him, but I think his phone went in the lake.

I just watched the interview. I thought it to be very interesting. I do not know Sheriff Meeks. I do think he is sincere in his beliefs.

According to google maps, the distance from the house to the middle of 2 mile bridge would take 1 hr and 45 min. on a bicycle. That makes more sense and fits the timeline better. That would put him at 2 mile bridge around 4:15 to 4:30 pm. It would be possible (but not probable in my opinion) to jump off the bridge when cars are not on the bridge, but I think SOMEONE would have seen him on it and remembered!

He states the bridge was finishing completion when Papaw went missing. He also stated no one saw him on the bike. I think it is possible someone picked him and his bike up and he threw his phone off the bridge and he left the area. (I really don't think he did that, but it is possible and I will not rule it out).

I felt he has some animosity toward Suzy and the PI. He did not speak well of the PI and stated he just tells Suzy what she wants to hear. I also feel he seemed belligerent toward the interviewer and appeared nervous, but not sure why.

( BBM )

Good post and I agree with much of what you've written here. But I have questions in my mind about the sheriff and the sincerity of his beliefs. I still don't think we're getting the whole story.

I'm not necessarily talking about confidential investigative details either, but the overall way the whole case has been handled. I still don't see how he can justify the lack of investigation into so many areas of this case.

I thought he was very defensive throughout the interview. You nailed it when you said he seemed belligerent toward the interviewer and nervous. You're right too. He had nothing nice to say about Suzy or the P.I.

Some of his comments about them even bordered on veiled personal attacks in my opinion. Not called for at all.

I also did not care one bit for the jocular mood he seemed intent on establishing in the beginning.

I didn't find any of it funny....

JMO

( BBM )

Good post and I agree with much of what you've written here. But I have questions in my mind about the sheriff and the sincerity of his beliefs. I still don't think we're getting the whole story.

I'm not necessarily talking about confidential investigative details either, but the overall way the whole case has been handled. I still don't see how he can justify the lack of investigation into so many areas of this case.

I thought he was very defensive throughout the interview. You nailed it when you said he seemed belligerent toward the interviewer and nervous. You're right too. He had nothing nice to say about Suzy or the P.I.

Some of his comments about them even bordered on veiled personal attacks in my opinion. Not called for at all.

I also did not care one bit for the jocular mood he seemed intent on establishing in the beginning.

I didn't find any of it funny....

JMO

I think that circus show was a flat out attempt to shut the family down, and take away their credibility. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe this is the first time we've heard someone allege that Chambers was depressed. Interesting that it coincides with the first mention of this 2 mile bridge suicide theory.

Welcome to the thread, texasblonde! I hope others continue to join, post and read for Papaw.

I'm curious as to what details the radio station in Commerce has that Meeks feels were leaked to them and why they prevent him from giving them an interview.

This has got to be a nonstop nightmare for this family. It just keeps getting more insane. Come home papaw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have to wonder, why now bring up depression.... I think MC might have been a little infuriated at the least with rumors of BC’s affairs. the depression had started 3 weeks before he turns up missing- those same weeks he was at home with BC due to her medical leave.. I have to wonder what all happened inside that home the time she was off work- I have a feeling the dynamic shifted between them and maybe it wasn’t a drastic shift but more of coming to terms with the fact that they were growing apart. I can imagine there were days BC felt like the marriage could be fixed and I can bet MC really was trying to hold them together even with the info he knew about BC’s affairs- I don’t feel MC was depressed. I more or less feel Meeks is throwing this info out there because BC’s affairs were public knowledge and Meeks himseld would assume MC was ticked at BC for throwing some wrenches in their marriage- Meeks knows his claims are more believable considering the public and now all of us, know what BC had been up too. Easy way to claim suicide. IMO feel like those weeks they were home together all day and night- with no break or separation from each other really did it in for BC. How hard would it be to divorce someone that so badly wanted to be with you and spoil you, give you the Moon sort of speak. I don’t think she had it in her to break up the marriage or the family because she didn’t want to be portrayed as the villain.

I think someone close to BC did the job for her and got rid of MC to make her life easier. I do think MC’s phone is in the lake... but he isn’t there!! IMO

How do we all feel about Meeks' claim of depression?

My opinion is that, while I agree it needs to be kept on the table, until I see family confirmation I'm giving it very low credibility. Obviously I know that people can hide it well; but the timing of his statement makes me very, very leery.

If it had been included in the initial reports then sure - believable. But to drop it out of the blue, over a year later? Notsomuch. MOO.

Thoughts?

How do we all feel about Meeks' claim of depression?

My opinion is that, while I agree it needs to be kept on the table, until I see family confirmation I'm giving it very low credibility. Obviously I know that people can hide it well; but the timing of his statement makes me very, very leery.

If it had been included in the initial reports then sure - believable. But to drop it out of the blue, over a year later? Notsomuch. MOO.

Thoughts?

Yes, I believe MC was depressed. And I feel he probably suffered from it long before this happened.

Why is it so hard to view BC as being unhappy too? I suspect she was battling depression too what with the affairs and drinking.

I'm sympathetic to both of them.
I think they both had been miserable
for a while.

Why is it everyone is so set on this being a planned murder set up by the "evil wife/stepmother"? I have not seen any credible evidence supporting that.

Did he commit suicide? I can't say.
Maybe he rode his bike to the bridge and threw the phone over the railing and kept on pedaling on to a better
and happier life. That's what I'd like to think.

Was he murdered? No. There is no evidence supporting that. Only loose tongues (mine included) perpetuating that theory.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member