Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said up in those hills. I believe he was referring to eastern Oklahoma.
ETA: You would like it! It's beautiful small towns with friendly people and good food.
I've enjoyed reading a mystery series ( of course!) of books that take place in hill country in past years- can't think of the author at the moment, but the heroine owns a shop concerning all things herbal.

From Wiki: Faked Death
"People who fake their own deaths sometimes do so by pretend drownings, because it provides a plausible reason for the absence of a body.

There are several how-to books on the subject of faking one's death, including How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found."

FWIW, found the pretend drownings of interest.

I hope Mr Klein continues to rattle cages and instills enough fear in someone to come forward . If BC knows he commited suicide and know he isn' coming back then why won' she speak up and speak out to stop the accusations of people who think she' involved in his murder?

Seems like just a few minutes of her time would clear up a big ugly mess created by her lack of common decency.

By now everyone knows about her infidelities . Can' she just step up and save face? Can't she afford just a dab of empathy and compassion for those who care for and love Michael Chambers? Just a little bit?

What has she got to lose?

JMO

I've been thinking: is there anyway to determine if the blood on the floor was post mortem or while he was still alive.

Also, I had 7 vials of blood taken from my arm the other day. He put in what looked like a stent and drew my blood like a fast running river in about a minute.

So, I can definitely see how multiple vials wouldn't be that difficult to take.

I've been thinking: is there anyway to determine if the blood on the floor was post mortem or while he was still alive.

Also, I had 7 vials of blood taken from my arm the other day. He put in what looked like a stent and drew my blood like a fast running river in about a minute.

That's a good question. If he were hit and knocked out it could have been taken when he was alive. Wouldn't it be more difficult to take some vials post mortem? Especially if there was bleeding upon death?

That's a good question. If he were hit and knocked out it could have been taken when he was alive.

The only reason I can fathom someone would stage a crime scene in the shop is if they were trying to mislead the police into believing that MC was attacked by intruders. Not that intruders would be ruled out if the crime scene occurred in the house. However, if the scene was staged in the house, then the family would come under suspicion. Perhaps that was what the person or persons who staged the scene were trying to avoid. That is, if the scene was staged.

I'm not altogether convinced it was. The blood looked odd, but there could be a reason other than the scene being staged. What if someone rendered him unconscious with a blow to the head, and then he was lifted onto a tarp or stretcher. The head wound would begin bleeding immediately, even as he was being picked up off the floor, hence the drops straight down. Once he was on the tarp or stretcher, his blood would pool underneath him, rather than drop onto the floor. Not to say that I believe this is what happened. It could have happened that way. It could've happened another way as well. MC could have been rendered unconscious at another location, his blood drawn, and the crime scene staged in the shop so as to mislead LE into believing he had been killed there, rather than elsewhere. Or he could have had his wife draw his blood, they both staged the scene, and now he is in hiding while she attempts to "cash in" on his death. I don't believe that last scenario for a moment, but it's possible.

The other possibility, which seems the strangest of all, is that MC was attacked in the shop, and then the scene was staged to look staged, in an attempt to make it look as though MC had staged the scene, rather than someone else being behind his disappearance/murder. Just my humble opinion, but that would be an extreme example of overthinking it, if that was the case. If MC was not behind his own disappearance, I'm not convinced the perpetrators are criminal masterminds. If a family member is behind his disappearance, they have done everything possible to look guilty. Or at least they've done nothing to avoid looking guilty.

I hope Mr Klein continues to rattle cages and instills enough fear in someone to come forward . If BC knows he commited suicide and know he isn' coming back then why won' she speak up and speak out to stop the accusations of people who think she' involved in his murder?

Seems like just a few minutes of her time would clear up a big ugly mess created by her lack of common decency.

By now everyone knows about her infidelities . Can' she just step up and save face? Can't she afford just a dab of empathy and compassion for those who care for and love Michael Chambers? Just a little bit?

What has she got to lose?

JMO
Personally, if I were she, by this point I'd speak up. Very carefully, with a good lawyer present, and with control over questions asked. Those questions, however, include those we'd all like answers to.

I can't see that she'd have anything to lose at this point because her reputation is gone. We do not know when she last spoke to any Chambers relatives, including her own sons. The only information we have is what Mr. Klein provided and what daughter SCL has said on the TV programs, and that was some time ago.

Since there has been no crime officially announced by HCSO, she's either very good at following her attorney's advice, or there definitely was a crime she's involved in. IMO.

Blood is bright red if it's oxygenated and darker red if it's less so. I think that's why PKlein said his first thought was that the blood drops came from an artery, not a vein. Arterial blood is much brighter color. I think it also brightens up when exposed to the air, so I'm a tad confused about that. IF those blood drops came from a cut artery somewhere in his body, my thinking is that there was no way that blood had been put in vials and then staged on the shop floor. Blood that is drawn most often comes from veins.

I also still wonder, now and then, if there's any chance that dowel could have been used in applying a tourniquet- which you'd have to do if you cut an artery and needed to stop the bleeding quickly before you bleed out. I just can't quite come up with a scenario that makes enough sense, though. Not yet, anyway.

The only reason I can fathom someone would stage a crime scene in the shop is if they were trying to mislead the police into believing that MC was attacked by intruders. Not that intruders would be ruled out if the crime scene occurred in the house. However, if the scene was staged in the house, then the family would come under suspicion. Perhaps that was what the person or persons who staged the scene were trying to avoid. That is, if the scene was staged.

I'm not altogether convinced it was. The blood looked odd, but there could be a reason other than the scene being staged. What if someone rendered him unconscious with a blow to the head, and then he was lifted onto a tarp or stretcher. The head wound would begin bleeding immediately, even as he was being picked up off the floor, hence the drops straight down. Once he was on the tarp or stretcher, his blood would pool underneath him, rather than drop onto the floor. Not to say that I believe this is what happened. It could have happened that way. It could've happened another way as well. MC could have been rendered unconscious at another location, his blood drawn, and the crime scene staged in the shop so as to mislead LE into believing he had been killed there, rather than elsewhere. Or he could have had his wife draw his blood, they both staged the scene, and now he is in hiding while she attempts to "cash in" on his death. I don't believe that last scenario for a moment, but it's possible.

The other possibility, which seems the strangest of all, is that MC was attacked in the shop, and then the scene was staged to look staged, in an attempt to make it look as though MC had staged the scene, rather than someone else being behind his disappearance/murder. Just my humble opinion, but that would be an extreme example of overthinking it, if that was the case. If MC was not behind his own disappearance, I'm not convinced the perpetrators are criminal masterminds. If a family member is behind his disappearance, they have done everything possible to look guilty. Or at least they've done nothing to avoid looking guilty.

Good post! I've never believed the shop scene was staged and have always believed MC arrived home from WalMart driving his own truck.
I once tried to explain why it made no sense at all for someone to have staged the blood drops, or much of anything else, but couldn't get my thoughts across very well. I understand that most who think everything was staged probably do so believing a perp was trying to mislead and cover up where a real crime scene took place.

Since I believe MC arrived safely home, went into his house, then out to his shop, it would make no sense at all to me that an abducter/killer would try to make it look as if a crime took place in the shop, because it was already pretty obvious that indeed, whatever took place did occur in the shop. There might well be an additional crime scene(for ex:, a place where a body was buried), but that would be after the initial fact.

The man appeared to have no enemies at all, no connection to anything illegal, no huge financial or health problems. He just had a troubled wife and marriage... I'd have a really hard time thinking that BC may have set up the entire suicide theory, because from the start, she was pretty insistent that MC would never do that. If she had any part in setting up that particular scenario, then why on earth wouldn't she have brought that idea forward from the start?

Anything at all is still possible with this case. It could still end up being a guy who intended to burgle/rob, had a totally unintended altercation with MC, intended to take MC to get help for a severe injury, MC died in the guy's vehicle, and the guy panicked even more. Not likely, I know. That doesn't answer the missing DL question, unless said guy grabbed it quick from the wallet just in case. Maybe MC told guy to lock the shop door behind them. MC did have his own blood on his own hands, and we were never told there was any more blood anywhere in the shop, so I have to think about that, too.

Good thoughts. I was in a hospital waiting room the other day with cousins and we all discussed these similar possibilities including that MC and BC are in on it together and he is waiting for her in Mexico. There are a lot of possibilities. One of us even laid in the floor and let everyone see how difficult moving dead weight is. He is 6'2" 200 lbs. Granted some of us are women but 2 of my cousins are tall strong women who live on a ranch. I just don't see any evidence in the blood that he went down in the shop, there is no smeared blood or the initial spray of blood from an injury. And picking him up and moving him and no one stepped in even 1 drop. I agree that the idea of MC staging it himself is the least likely.

I do believe the shop was staged as you said, to mislead. But it seems poorly staged with no sign of an altercation, no injury spatter, just those big drops, none even smeared. It bothers me that HCSO didn't get thorough testing done on the blood and it was the blood spatter expert who said the scene was staged and the blood likely had anticoagulant. I always wondered why they went back to the shop several months later to get another swab and I believe at that time they were finally doing a thorough analysis on the blood. I hope it wasn't too late at that point. A control swab is a mandatory part of any blood analysis so not getting it in the first place seems like they never intended to test it other than DNA. Again poor police work, concern over budget, or collusion?

We don't really know that MC touched the dowel. Just that it was his blood. If someone planted the blood they would surely have worn gloves. Maybe the dowel was planted too to look like a defensive or offensive weapon. I don't think MC made it back home that day so I don't think he grabbed the dowel.

The DL is really a mystery, but it may simply have been in his pocket and they didn't know it was missing from his wallet. That is the simplest explanation to me. Unless it was part of staging a suicide which I don't think.

I hadn't heard that BC was vocal from the beginning that he had not committed suicide. The only thing I have ever heard her say is "Mascara". But that sounds right that she would say he would not.

I don't know they planned it that way from the start, meaning staged it to look like a suicide. I don't think they were too good at the whole scheme and were just relying on HCSO and a judge being indifferent to murder, never dreamed it would lead to tv shows and a forum of worldwide internet sleuths or a PI. I think they thought as soon as she could get him declared dead it would be over and she would move on. I think they staged it to look like a murder/abduction because with a suicide there has to be a body and not one traveling on his own at 4.2 mph that is never found. Also I think they knew his phone would ping at the lake or near the bridge or over in East Tawakoni and they intentionally left it on to mislead the investigation and keep all the searches right there. They wanted it to look like someone murdered him and took his body and put it in the lake. The whole idea of suicide came around later in the investigation and they were able come up with "information" that helps support that. That HCSO ran with a suicide theory was just a happy accident for them they were glad to help with because it stops them from looking for an actual crime scene and keeps them looking for a body in the lake.

The reason the murder/staged suicide, whatever, was staged in the shop and not the house was because I can't imagine BC allowing blood in her house. She's going to have to sell it, afterall.

I do believe the shop was staged as you said, to mislead. But it seems poorly staged with no sign of an altercation, no injury spatter, just those big drops, none even smeared. It bothers me that HCSO didn't get thorough testing done on the blood and it was the blood spatter expert who said the scene was staged and the blood likely had anticoagulant. I always wondered why they went back to the shop several months later to get another swab and I believe at that time they were finally doing a thorough analysis on the blood. I hope it wasn't too late at that point. A control swab is a mandatory part of any blood analysis so not getting it in the first place seems like they never intended to test it other than DNA. Again poor police work, concern over budget, or collusion?

We don't really know that MC touched the dowel. Just that it was his blood. If someone planted the blood they would surely have worn gloves. Maybe the dowel was planted too to look like a defensive or offensive weapon. I don't think MC made it back home that day so I don't think he grabbed the dowel.

The DL is really a mystery, but it may simply have been in his pocket and they didn't know it was missing from his wallet. That is the simplest explanation to me. Unless it was part of staging a suicide which I don't think.

I hadn't heard that BC was vocal from the beginning that he had not committed suicide. The only thing I have ever heard her say is "Mascara". But that sounds right that she would say he would not.

I don't know they planned it that way from the start, meaning staged it to look like a suicide. I don't think they were too good at the whole scheme and were just relying on HCSO and a judge being indifferent to murder, never dreamed it would lead to tv shows and a forum of worldwide internet sleuths or a PI. I think they thought as soon as she could get him declared dead it would be over and she would move on. I think they staged it to look like a murder/abduction because with a suicide there has to be a body and not one traveling on his own at 4.2 mph that is never found. Also I think they knew his phone would ping at the lake or near the bridge or over in East Tawakoni and they intentionally left it on to mislead the investigation and keep all the searches right there. They wanted it to look like someone murdered him and took his body and put it in the lake. The whole idea of suicide came around later in the investigation and they were able come up with "information" that helps support that. That HCSO ran with a suicide theory was just a happy accident for them they were glad to help with because it stops them from looking for an actual crime scene and keeps them looking for a body in the lake.
I think it was a VI who said that BC was as adamant as the rest of the family that MC wouldn't have committed suicide. I was going by memory, which so far, has been pretty good re: this case, but sometimes not so good at remembering where I put something in my house, lol! I also remember it was before Meeks came out with his suicide theory. It'd probably be helpful if I tried to look it up and posted link. I'm exhausted, so am not going to do that right now. Excuses, excuses..... IMO.

Hopefully not PaPaw, but sharing as the location of the discovery, Gun Barrel City, is only an hour drive from Quinlan:

“Skeletal human remains found in wooded area in Gun Barrel City”
Gary Bass
Jun 29, 2018 01:37 PM

“An individual passing through the area found an intact skeleton in a wooded area of Gun Barrel City Thursday morning.

Gun Barrel City Police Chief Jeff Arnswald said someone passing through the area found the human remains in a wooded area near the 2200 block of West Main Street at about 9:10 Thursday morning.

[SBM]

Arnswald said the body was found in a somewhat secluded and concealed area. He added that it was probably less than 20 feet from the paved parking lot of a business at that address.

The skeletal remains had been at the location for several months, Arnswald said. He said the body was in an extreme state of decomposition.
The ‘Athens Daily Review,’ a KLTV News partner, reported that Gun Barrel City Police Department investigator processed the scene with help from the Henderson County District Attorney’s Office and the Texas Rangers.

The remains were taken to North Texas University in Denton to be analyzed by anthropologists for clues about the person’s identity and the cause of death.

Arnswald said the cause of the person’s death could be hard to determine unless it’s obvious.“
(BBM)

KLTV : Skeletal human remains found in wooded area in Gun Barrel City

Directions from Quinlan to Gun Barrel City: Google Maps

Last edited:
Hopefully not PaPaw, but sharing as the location of the discovery, Gun Barrel City, is only an hour drive from Quinlan:

“Skeletal human remains found in wooded area in Gun Barrel City”
Gary Bass
Jun 29, 2018 01:37 PM

“An individual passing through the area found an intact skeleton in a wooded area of Gun Barrel City Thursday morning.

Gun Barrel City Police Chief Jeff Arnswald said someone passing through the area found the human remains in a wooded area near the 2200 block of West Main Street at about 9:10 Thursday morning.

[SBM]

Arnswald said the body was found in a somewhat secluded and concealed area. He added that it was probably less than 20 feet from the paved parking lot of a business at that address.

The skeletal remains had been at the location for several months, Arnswald said. He said the body was in an extreme state of decomposition.
The ‘Athens Daily Review,’ a KLTV News partner, reported that Gun Barrel City Police Department investigator processed the scene with help from the Henderson County District Attorney’s Office and the Texas Rangers.

The remains were taken to North Texas University in Denton to be analyzed by anthropologists for clues about the person’s identity and the cause of death.

Arnswald said the cause of the person’s death could be hard to determine unless it’s obvious.“
(BBM)

KLTV : Skeletal human remains found in wooded area in Gun Barrel City

Directions from Quinlan to Gun Barrel City: Google Maps

It was an intact skeleton that appeared to have been there for 7 months. Doesn't sound like MC but I know there is always a reason when you post something.

It was an intact skeleton that appeared to have been there for 7 months. Doesn't sound like MC but I know there is always a reason when you post something.

I really don’t believe it’s MC, either: I only posted the article due to the location’s proximity to Quinlan.

Nonetheless, here is a bit more info on the remains: found:

Human remains found in Gun Barrel City”
By Paul Bryant editor@athensreview.com
Jun 29, 2018

“Gun Barrel City police are trying to identify human remains found near West Main Street on Thursday.

The body ‘was in such an advanced form of decomposition that nothing but a skeleton was left,’ Chief Jeff Arnswald said. ‘There was some clothing on the lower portion of the body, but the upper portion was not clothed.’

He said that police there have received no missing-person reports.

‘We have had nothing in our city that would give us any idea of who this person might be.’

The remains were found about 20 feet from the edge of a parking lot at 2205 West Main St., Arnswald said. ‘It's in a heavily vegetated area. It's really secluded where it is, but it wasn't that far away from the nearest house — maybe 30 or 40 yards.’

[SBM]”

Human remains found in Gun Barrel City

After checking GOOGLE maps, the location appears to be a vacant, undeveloped lot with a thick stand of trees. The grass has been mowed, and either side of it is a small event center and on the other is a gas station. Across the street is a small, vacant gas station and a small motor inn. The location, according to GOOGLE maps, is an hour and twenty-three minutes from Greenville.

Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member