Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's frustrating I would love to come to websleuths and name boyfriend's etc and share info with you all so you could look into these people.

Don't worry. Some of us have known those names for years. We may or may not have already done this. :) We can't sleuth 'em and post here on WS about them until of if they ever get named as a POI or Suspect. Good thinking though!

I have had conversations with two members of the HCSO including lead investigator Kelly Phillips and as far as they are concerned they are satisfied with whatever their findings are as is 95% of MC family.I can't believe that.Whatever happened he still needs found.

I have had conversations with two members of the HCSO including lead investigator Kelly Phillips and as far as they are concerned they are satisfied with whatever their findings are as is 95% of MC family.I can't believe that.Whatever happened he still needs found.
I dont even know what that means. That they all think he jumped off a low bridge with an old bike and was never found? That's the findings?

I dont even know what that means. That they all think he jumped off a low bridge with an old bike and was never found? That's the findings?
Exactly he wasn't clear at all about it.It has been a long long time since anyone other than Suzy has mentioned Michael from that family.There hasn't been any findings announced.They are not physically looking or investigating his case.I happened to be in the same FB area as Sgt.Haines and asked about Mike and he told me to give him a call and he was pleasant as it was not his case he had the lead call me back and he shot down any hope I had of them still looking.

Caroline Klein Gear of Klein Investigations posted the following in a comment on the Bring PaPaw Home Facebook page on September 20th (it’s under a post by DHW dated August 20th):
Bring PaPaw Home

- The list of volunteers has been sent to family for their review;

- Her plan was to get the form [my apologies: I’m not sure exactly what “the form” is ... maybe a standardized sign-up sheet with waiver or something similar] sent out that day, but she wasn’t sure if she could make it to her office as some roads were shut down, as were KIC offices, due to Tropical Storm Imelda;

- KIC has already conducted “many searches” on their own. They don’t always publicize when there is going to be a search;

- The upcoming search is “localized to one specific area.”

IIRC, high water levels and flooding have caused delays in search activities in the past. I hope that won’t be an issue this time around.

Archery season for deer hunting has already started, and the opening of general season is only one month away.
Hunt — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department

Back in November of 2017, Suzy had multiple organizations such as Texas EquuSearch, Watters Sonar Team and NET SAR, as well as individual volunteers, scheduled and ready to deploy when HCSO forced her to cancel the search nine days before the scheduled date, citing safety concerns related to hunting.
Suzy Chambers Losoya

Whether that was the true reason why HCSO stepped in at the last minute or not is another matter, but at this point, the sooner the search takes place, the better, IMO.

Posted 1 hr ago by an admin. on the Bring PaPaw Home Facebook page:
“Announcement: We have concluded the background checks regarding the Michael Chambers Search upcoming in the next weeks to come. You will receive a notice by Email if you have been selected and the place and time to report. The report area is not the area that we will be searching - yet - it is close to the area. We have been asked not to release the area until the last minute. We ask that if you get an email to please keep the location anon. We will make a public announcement when the time is right. We are currently making arraignments for the team and dogs to fly in at this time. We again, thank all of you for your applications to search. We will make another announcement late next week.”
Tiffany Chambers-Griffin

Posted 1 hr ago by an admin. on the Bring PaPaw Home Facebook page:
“Announcement: We have concluded the background checks regarding the Michael Chambers Search upcoming in the next weeks to come. You will receive a notice by Email if you have been selected and the place and time to report. The report area is not the area that we will be searching - yet - it is close to the area. We have been asked not to release the area until the last minute. We ask that if you get an email to please keep the location anon. We will make a public announcement when the time is right. We are currently making arraignments for the team and dogs to fly in at this time. We again, thank all of you for your applications to search. We will make another announcement late next week.”
Tiffany Chambers-Griffin
After I came across this on FB, I said to myself, " I betcha IMHO posted :) You are appreciated, kiddo!
I admit that I don't hold out a great deal of hope for this upcoming search, but I do believe it'll generate some new, much-needed publicity. I'd very much like there to be fresh news articles and interviews with more of the family and yes, HCSO.

After I came across this on FB, I said to myself, " I betcha IMHO posted :) You are appreciated, kiddo!
I admit that I don't hold out a great deal of hope for this upcoming search, but I do believe it'll generate some new, much-needed publicity. I'd very much like there to be fresh news articles and interviews with more of the family and yes, HCSO.
You just made me literally laugh out loud, Tripod! Thanks. I just wish PaPaw could be here joking around and laughing with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I wonder if any of the persons involved (MOO based on the facts of the case) in his disappearance thinks about things like that.

Sadly, I am only cautiously optimistic about the search, and I hope I will be proven wrong.

Speaking of hoping, Randy Meeks has confirmed he indeed will retire at the end of next year. It is over a year away, but better then than even later, IMO. It appears so far one person has announced his candidacy for the office, and while I don’t know this person at all, I do like that he is not a current employee of the HCSO.
Randy Meeks Will Not Seek Reelection As Hunt Co. Sheriff

Candidates begin announcing for 2020 races

Question I think it is known she had an affair with a constable.If said constable was questioned by co-workers in the HCSO dept would that be a conflict of interest and shouldn't the case be given to an outside department for a fair impartial investigation?

You just made me literally laugh out loud, Tripod! Thanks. I just wish PaPaw could be here joking around and laughing with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I wonder if any of the persons involved (MOO based on the facts of the case) in his disappearance thinks about things like that.

Sadly, I am only cautiously optimistic about the search, and I hope I will be proven wrong.

Speaking of hoping, Randy Meeks has confirmed he indeed will retire at the end of next year. It is over a year away, but better then than even later, IMO. It appears so far one person has announced his candidacy for the office, and while I don’t know this person at all, I do like that he is not a current employee of the HCSO.
Randy Meeks Will Not Seek Reelection As Hunt Co. Sheriff

Candidates begin announcing for 2020 races
;)
Oh, how I wish Papaw were home with his family, too, and that this was all a very bad dream!
For some reason, I'd thought Meeks was retiring this past year, so glad to see that news update. Let's hope there can be positive changes within the HCSO in future and that some of their cold cases get solved.
I also hope Mr. Klein will do another interview after this search, if he can divulge any updated info and progress in their investigation.

Question I think it is known she had an affair with a constable.If said constable was questioned by co-workers in the HCSO dept would that be a conflict of interest and shouldn't the case be given to an outside department for a fair impartial investigation?
Sadly, the state's AG office declined this case after being presented it. If I recall correctly, HCSO has never requested the state AG to take it over, and that would be required. Klein Investigations asking them to look things over wasn't enough. That's what I remember from the past discussions here about it, at any rate. We all were hopeful :(

Posted by Caroline Klein Gear on the Bring PaPaw Home Facebook page a few minutes ago:

“Clarification on search for Michael Chambers:

Emails were sent out last week to people whom sent in their full information including emails addresses. A date of the search was sent. Also in the email, it was stated that those people will have 10 days to confirm they are indeed available on the date chosen for the search.

Next week, the form that MUST BE FILLED OUT, will be sent to all of those whom have confirmed.

We sincerely appreciate everyone who has offered to volunteer. I know many are frustrated and questioning the process that we do for our volunteer searches. There is a reason for it as I do things VERY precisely.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks so much and have a great week!”
Caroline Klein Gear

I'm having a hard time believing the OAG refused the case but Klein is getting tips from federal agents.Wouldn't those most likely go to HCSO even if most people are suspicious of them.Maybe I'm over suspicious of Mr.Klein but our feud has gotten ugly recently.I just don't know what to believe.He first mentioned this tip from the DEA in Dallas was it last year or early this year?That is plenty of time to hide anything left.

I'm having a hard time believing the OAG refused the case but Klein is getting tips from federal agents.Wouldn't those most likely go to HCSO even if most people are suspicious of them.Maybe I'm over suspicious of Mr.Klein but our feud has gotten ugly recently.I just don't know what to believe.He first mentioned this tip from the DEA in Dallas was it last year or early this year?That is plenty of time to hide anything left.
I'm having a hard time following what you're saying, John. What tip do you mean, or are you referring to the tip or tips that were part of the reason Klein Investigations narrowed their upcoming search area? I'm not aware of any feud, so am confused about that.

Posted 1 hr ago by Suzy on the Bring PaPaw Home Facebook page:
“Thank you to those that have brought this news story to our attention. I have spoken to Detective Potts and can positively say that this is not Dad’s body. Please continue to pray for him to be found and soon. Many efforts are being made daily behind the scenes. Please pray that our upcoming search will be productive.

I would also ask you to pray for the identification of the deceased in Denton. Whoever this is must have someone who loved him and needs closure as well. I wouldn’t wish this pain on anyone.

City of Denton Police Department
Suzy Chambers Floyd

Wow, IMHO, that was a close-sounding match.
Based on examination from the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office, the remains are believed to be that of a Caucasian male between the ages of 60 and 80 years old. It is believed that the male would have been large in stature and had previously had a spinal surgery. The Medical Examiner believes that the male had been deceased for at least a year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back